Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-05, 13:50   Link #13481
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I kind of assumed the more French sounding term was more accurate, although I've generally seen it spelled "Quebecois".

I didn't mean to imply that Quebec's values are more European than North American, just that European influence is stronger in Quebec than the rest of Canada. Or so I've heard - you might know better than me.
I barely heard the term '' quebecer'', most peoples use québecois/quebecois anyway.
As for the influence, ''french influence'' would be more accurate than ''european influence''; just think about the (in)famous '' Vive le Québec libre'' of de Gaulle. Of course, if the same even would happen now, the impact would be much weaker. One thing for sure, francophone quebecois are said to be less americanised than the ROC ( Rest Of Canada ).
Old 2011-05-05, 14:21   Link #13482
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
i guess this guy didn't want a house call from the SEALs...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theenv...di-arabia-says
Or the Spetsnaz, whoever gets to him first.

Though it will be hilarious to see them both fight over his body and levelling an entire town while their occupants flee. A major disgrace to army PR on both sides.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-05, 14:25   Link #13483
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Though it will be hilarious to see them both fight over his body and levelling an entire town while their occupants flee. A major disgrace to army PR on both sides.
When the Russian army started to care about PR ?
Old 2011-05-05, 14:53   Link #13484
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
When the Russian army started to care about PR ?
Only when their soldiers are found to do something that childish. And failing to get the corpse (or whatever gold teeth is left) too.

The official report would probably go, "The negotiations between the two factions of commandos broke down when they couldn't decide who takes the head : the Spetsnaz want to parade it through Moscow while the SEALs want to retrieve it to study the memory engrams."

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-05, 15:10   Link #13485
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aren't disputes like that resolved by sports?
Old 2011-05-05, 18:36   Link #13486
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

... or vodka drinking contests?

In other news:
Intel reveals new 3-D transistor technology ... less real estate on a chip, 30-40% less power needed...
http://newsroom.intel.com/community/...-3-d-structure

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-05-05 at 21:28.
Old 2011-05-05, 22:03   Link #13487
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In other news:
Intel reveals new 3-D transistor technology ... less real estate on a chip, 30-40% less power needed...
How long more till we get them on the commercial market readily available for the masses?

And when are they going to incorporate it into cybernetics? I had an operation last week to remove a part of my leg muscle, and I can't wait to lob this thing off and replace it with a powered prosthetic that has microfibral muscles that don't tear or get infected, as well as fibre-optic communicators attached to my nervous system.

Old 2011-05-05, 22:29   Link #13488
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
How long more till we get them on the commercial market readily available for the masses?

And when are they going to incorporate it into cybernetics? I had an operation last week to remove a part of my leg muscle, and I can't wait to lob this thing off and replace it with a powered prosthetic that has microfibral muscles that don't tear or get infected, as well as fibre-optic communicators attached to my nervous system.
First products are currently schedule for end-of-year release (new cpu, etc) ... and, um, ouch.
Old 2011-05-05, 22:34   Link #13489
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
First products are currently schedule for end-of-year release (new cpu, etc) ... and, um, ouch.
It's barely half-a-cm worth of flesh, but before it was removed it gave me a 2 month blue-black that doesn't subside.

And at the end of the year? I am in no hurry to replace my i7-920 (which for some reason despite me buying 2 years ago, it still hasn't been outdated), but that chips sounds really....delicious. Maybe I'll replace my GPU first at the end of this year - it is getting screwy.

Old 2011-05-05, 22:41   Link #13490
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:

Erm, wow...

Quote:
...seconded. The hell happened?
Old 2011-05-05, 23:07   Link #13491
Nerroth
NePoi!

There is a series of local and regional election results being processed over in the UK; the one big thign to watch out for is how the new Scottish Parliament ends up as. If the Scottish National party wins a majority there, as they seme on course to do, there could be a referendum on Scottish independence in a few years.

If that vote passes, Scotland would become a separate country for the first time in 300 years.
Old 2011-05-06, 00:25   Link #13492
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
There is a series of local and regional election results being processed over in the UK; the one big thign to watch out for is how the new Scottish Parliament ends up as. If the Scottish National party wins a majority there, as they seme on course to do, there could be a referendum on Scottish independence in a few years.

If that vote passes, Scotland would become a separate country for the first time in 300 years.
1. What will happen to the Scots Guards? And will they still retain the place in history against the Third Reich as "Ladies from Hell"?

2. Is the SNP VERY SURE that it won't end up like Northern Ireland and create the second Troubles in UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Erm, wow...
I am sure the 3T proposed by the Workers' Party won't go into this, but rather some dumb plan that doesn't reduce waiting time at the polyclinics or the A&E ward.

Old 2011-05-06, 01:05   Link #13493
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Queen is still the legitamite monarch of Scotland though.
Old 2011-05-06, 02:53   Link #13494
SSIlanya
Agent 67

Quote:

Collateral damage by the Russians.

If they get the bastard, good on them.
Old 2011-05-06, 03:12   Link #13495
killer3000ad

USAF grounds entire F-22 fleet
Quote:
The U.S. Air Force has grounded its entire F-22 Raptor fleet amidst continuing concern over how the fighter jet provides oxygen to the pilot, according Capt. Jennifer Faerrau, a spokesperson for the Air Force's Air Combat Command.
Old 2011-05-06, 03:25   Link #13496
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
these Raptors are starting more and more to seem like a white elephant.
Old 2011-05-06, 03:39   Link #13497
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
... or vodka drinking contests?

In other news:
I wonder what will AMD do now? =\ I hope they can use that technolgy or at least they come up with something as competitive, but I seriously doubt it. The world of computers have benefited greatly by having both intel and AMD to compete against each other leading to low prices. This new technology could spell the end of AMD and that would only lead to higher prices after intel gains a monopoly.
Old 2011-05-06, 03:51   Link #13498
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I wonder what will AMD do now? =\ I hope they can use that technolgy or at least they come up with something as competitive, but I seriously doubt it. The world of computers have benefited greatly by having both intel and AMD to compete against each other leading to low prices. This new technology could spell the end of AMD and that would only lead to higher prices after intel gains a monopoly.
It depends... up til now AMD was able to kick Intel's ass in the broad middle of the performance curve with their pricing difference. I haven't had an Intel cpu in the house in years outside of a laptop. It'll depend on how Intel prices these new products.

Also waiting to see if Intel starts discounting their current line and some good bargains may appear.
Old 2011-05-06, 05:20   Link #13499
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Assad deploys Syrian troops before Friday prayers
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...73N02P20110506
Probably another deadly day of protest in Syria ...
Old 2011-05-06, 06:27   Link #13500
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
1. What will happen to the Scots Guards? And will they still retain the place in history against the Third Reich as "Ladies from Hell"?
The UK still maintains Irish Guards, so I'd say they'd stick around as well.

Quote:
2. Is the SNP VERY SURE that it won't end up like Northern Ireland and create the second Troubles in UK?
Scotland is not Northern Ireland, I don't think there'd be a "troubles". Northern Ireland had big protestant/catholic issues, which Scotland does not. NI was as much about civil rights as joining the republic (the marches that lead to the troubles were inspired by the US civil rights movement).
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international