AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-03, 14:22   Link #21
HandofFate

I enjoyed this episode.
Very pretty character designs, love the school uniforms. Good voices.

The pacing was smooth as well imo, progressing naturally.

For the softball game, it just said the regret was losing it. But don't think it was something that big to last 10 years, or maybe we see the consequences later. At first, with the focus on her friend stepping up, I thought a bad throw might have happened and injured her friend if she didn't step up.

We see her adult self ending up with that other guy.
We find out in the future, Kakeru is dead, either illness or something else, who knows at this point in the story.

If by the end, Kakeru can get saved, I kind of hope she doesn't end up with him, cause I don't want some future NTR lol
Old 2016-07-03, 14:40   Link #22
zeross87

Gz on UR ! is that devil nico ?

i'm quite afraid to watch this serie after ep1, its gonna be a tearjerker right ? i'm gonna cry like alittle girl again right ?
why did ep 1 had to be interesting ? now i'm hooked and will cry again latter T.T

to the me 30min in the past, don't open that video please

Last edited by zeross87; 2016-07-04 at 01:06. Reason: size
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 16:26   Link #23
KnightShade

was i the only one who got massive red flags seeing naho and yuwa with a kid in the future at the end of the episode? please dont be another kayo bait and switch.
Old 2016-07-03, 16:57   Link #24
Arya

Sold. Period.
Excellent first episode. Given the little bits of info kakeru seems to suffer of some fatal disease. And coupled to some future bits I'm not expecting the story to be about saving him but to stay close to him and live their (few years, just one maybe? the soccer reference felt one of the ominous kind) time at the fullest. As sad as it will be due to the constant growing feelings of Naho toward Kakeru especially now that she knows the future it makes sense from her future self to ask it. On a personal point of view this seems also a push for herself to go against her closed nature of enduring for the sake of others and make her get out of her shell before and not after.
The only possible worrisome point is clearly Suwa, but that only means he "just" has to be a very strong character to fill the role. Not expecting a Sachiko mom-of-the-year level but something well rounded enough to make it feel like not just a second choice, but simply natural. And he started with the right foot. So in that sense it would make sense if kakeru has not much to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
to the me 30min in the past, don't open that video please

Definitely, this has all the premises to be a tearjerker.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 17:33   Link #25
leongsh
Daijoubu!

This is definitely going to be a tearjerker. The elements are all there. It is upfront at the end of the episode about Kakeru ten years later.

Looks like that very first day and very first regret re: Kakeru will be the root cause. What would have caused him to miss school for the next 2 weeks? I'm definitely curious. I have 2 hunches but won't mention either in case it becomes spoilery since this would be a thread which won't tolerate any little bit at all.

The action of addressing her second regret by becoming a pinch hitter and winning the match for the class will have caused the timeline to diverge. This should be interesting to see whether they address it properly in a tearjerker romance story since it is the basis of this story.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 17:55   Link #26
Dextro
He Without a Title

I honestly don't remember when was the last time I picked up the first episode of a romance series and got instantly sold but this show managed just that. I'm getting a box of tissues ready for the inevitable tearjerker that's coming.
Old 2016-07-03, 21:17   Link #27
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Sold. Period.
Excellent first episode. Given the little bits of info kakeru seems to suffer of some fatal disease. And coupled to some future bits I'm not expecting the story to be about saving him but to stay close to him and live their (few years, just one maybe? the soccer reference felt one of the ominous kind) time at the fullest.
That's my current theory as to what is going on with Kakeru too. She's not trying to change the past so that she ends up with him instead, but that she wants to fully enjoy the time she had with him.
Old 2016-07-03, 21:25   Link #28
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
<snip>

The ending of the episode has me a bit worried. Naho has a kid with Suwa and they look happy enough, yet she is still trying to change the past, potentially destroying her current life in the process. Waiting to find out what her motive is exactly.
She probably affecting a similar timeline in parallel universe now. Grandfather's paradox is kicking in imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox
Old 2016-07-03, 21:48   Link #29
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

It's... interesting. It has potential. It's not the best thing out there (yet) but it is enjoyable.

I AM SO GLAD SHE ACCEPTED TO HIT THE BALL. I was like "don't you dare not listen to your other self! Do it! Do it!".

I'm suspecting that the dude got himself killed because they weren't close enough (or he outright committed suicide). Her future self felt responsible and wanted to avoid the same mistake. That's my guess.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 03:55   Link #30
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She probably affecting a similar timeline in parallel universe now. Grandfather's paradox is kicking in imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox
The feeling for now is that the letter from the future is just a one time thing just to make the plot start. A premise we will never go over again. So I don't think any time travel issues / paradox should be take into consideration.

The more the story will stay away from that the better for me. Apart from the voice over narration the letter from the future will provide episode by episode to Naho, and the audience. Narration that if done right will provide the spice up to make the story engaging beyond the romantic tale.

I don't know how they could do and if the manga touches it, but I'd love to know the original "timeline**" at a certain point and in some way, to compare and appreciate the changes Naho will be able and won't be able to do.
** Timeline I'm not expecting to be affected in the standard way these stories about time leap usually go. But the same timeline lived differently.
That's because I felt like the show gave us the starting point and the end point already framing the story in-between. So that's the only route available, on sight at the moment at least. I really doubt the story won't make that little baby be born due to this fluctuation in the timeline.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2016-07-04, 05:35   Link #31
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 1:
Man, what's with the montage and that unfitting music? Still, I feel that orange could be a great show to watch should TMS and Telecom continue their performance!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 02:54   Link #32
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Man this better not be some Key-AIDS sort of thing. I don't have it in me to watch that sort of thing right now.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 03:21   Link #33
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Huh. The premise is great, the character designs, while typical of the genre, are well done, even the MC's voice actress is one of the most recognizable currently, but somehow I found this first episode very boring.

I don't know why, but I had to skip some scenes because they were just not interesting at all.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 10:18   Link #34
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

So the guy must have some kind of illness because he was absent after the bread outing (possibly got sick eating something he shouldn't have). Maybe that was why her future self didn't want her past self to invite him.

This is kind of pretty but it's too bad they showed the future.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 11:35   Link #35
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Huh. Fairly decent 1st episode. I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but it was... good. Sometimes the angles/animation of the characters' faces can be sorta off-putting, but it's nothing earth-shattering. I'm curious to see where it goes from here.
Old 2016-07-05, 13:31   Link #36
SethOfI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
This is kind of pretty but it's too bad they showed the future.
Agreed, the end of the very first episode feels like it shows way too much. I almost pretty much know how the whole thing ends based on that, or I feel so anyways. It'll take some pretty crazy plot twists to salvage that for me.

Overall there's a lot of potential but the first episode has me worried. Example, I am looking forward to how they play on the past inevitably changing, leading to a different future. As regrets are erased will the letter change? Can it? If not, will some of the predictions in the letter prove to be wrong because of the drastic changes caused by following it? To me these are the kinds of things that I hope they play on to make it interesting for me, but I am worried they probably won't play on in favor of an easier streamlined slice of life anime.

Also not a fan of the music. Not saying whoever's directing that didn't do a great job, I feel like he was told to roll with that theme and he pulls it off quite well. I just don't think I've ever personally disliked an OST to this extent until now. Perhaps I would prefer it if it were more subtle? I can't really explain. Hoping it grows on me.

I'll keep watching, but I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as I would have hoped given the hype it received.
SethOfI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 21:25   Link #37
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it was an ok start but the whole know what going to happen just seems this whole anime is going to be point less
Old 2016-07-06, 03:07   Link #38
Arya

Thinking back to Erased I think that it was a wise idea to go this way if that is what we will have in the end (and even if not). It would have been misleading otherwise. This setup prevents viewers to build wrong expectations (if that's the case, I'm speaking not knowing the source).
Vaguely the premise reminds me of that music series with an abused pianist, but with a different, hopefully subtler, approach.

Old 2016-07-09, 00:21   Link #39
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Finally got around to episode one ... and must admit that the adaptation does a great job in slowly setting up a sense of impending tragedy. It was quite well done, I thought.

Will definitely give it a few more eps. ^^
Old 2016-07-09, 07:05   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This show looks absolutely beautiful. The character design is particularly gorgeous.

The first episode did a good job introducing the two main characters and setting up the premise. I thought some of Naho's reactions were a bit weird: she didn't seem that shocked she received a letter from her future self, and I found it hard to believe she didn't read the whole thing straight away when she realized it was the real deal. However, it makes sense she didn't read it from a narrative standpoint - wouldn't want to spoil the viewers, would they?
I'm surprised she didn't immediately take action when they invited Takeru. If it were me, I would've been like "OH SHIT, THE WORLD'S ABOUT TO END IF I FUCK THIS UP".

Quote:
The ending of the episode has me a bit worried. Naho has a kid with Suwa and they look happy enough, yet she is still trying to change the past, potentially destroying her current life in the process. Waiting to find out what her motive is exactly.
From my understanding, it seems that Takeru's death is assured ten years down the line and there's nothing she can do about it so it's a matter of making the most of it rather than changing anything significant.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote