AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-28, 10:11   Link #261
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Since everyonse seems so concerned with the concept of "who's whos enemy", i've gotten this written out

Shin hates Kira-----Mom & Dad don't matter...but...U KILLED MAYUU!!!!
Kira hates? Rau----Gets nightmare of him even during the day
Luna will hate Cags------Got ring from Athrun
Athrun hates Yuuna-------Athrun's not alone, i hate Yuuna too
Lacus will hate Mia-------Sings out of tune at times to tarnish her image
Rey hates Gillbert--------Ep1, jealous of Gillbert's smooth, silky hair
Stellar-------psycho, can't figure how a psycho thinks so no idea
Sting hates his Barber----Dyed his hair the wrong colour---Dirty Green for goodness sake
Auel----------Don't dare to say anything cause his fans would kill me

well..thats all i can figure out at this point of time...maybe i'll be able to list a few more as the show progresses

As for a question raised on who can go seed, i'm positive that i can go seed.....
Everytime there's a test i'm pretty sure i go seed mode....start to see solutions to questions that i don't even understand......
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 10:39   Link #262
ForceFreedom

Sometimes I wish I could go SEED. Man, I'd be the fastest damn cashier 3V@r!!!

Well, I have to agree that Shinn's SEED mode was no big deal at all. I mean, so he can jump around and clumsily swing a giant sword through big ships, while his MS is being pummelled by machine guns. Sure it has PS, but what if one of those was a beam cannon?

Shinn: Oh, its just another machine gun. My PS armor will stop it.
Gun: Beam beam beam beam beam
Shinn: *Girly scream*

And yes, Kira and Athrun could've easily done the same thing without breaking a sweat, probably without needing to go SEED, and probably with the no-kill policy. They could probably do it with Impulse too.
ForceFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 10:49   Link #263
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadChan
Orb maybe tiny, but if they had 15-20 years to built themself up after the first war (with someone like Athrun at the helm), they might have been okay and been able to maintain neutrality. You can't look at just the size of the island, Orb has some of the best technology too (just like Plant had in the first war, I know Orb is much smaller tho). And it took one coordinator with Seed to blow up an EA fleet. Just imagine how good the Orb military would be if it were filled with mini Kiras and Athruns all having amazing Gundams.

I'll agree with you, Atha's ideals weren't stupid, it was simply his execution of them. Instead of blowing up the whole island, they should have cleared everything out and blow up the military resources that couldn't be taken with them. That way, the people wouldn't equate Atha's ideals as burning down the country, and besides as we've seen in Ep 12, not everyone sees it that way.

No one laugh at me for saying this: if the people didn't hate coordinators, wouldn't it be a good idea to align themselves with Plant? Especially since Carpentaria is right next to them and Zaft has p-owned everyone of EA's attacks so far.
There seems to be, and for that matter there SHOULD be, a whole LOT of Cagalli loyalists in Orb's army, however that makes Cagalli's current situation even weirder. how can you become a puppet that doesn't even have control over the military, and worse, doesn't have any idea when someone else is commanding a military operation, when it's full of your loyalists? Sigh, Fukuda really makes Cagalli out to be a big useless fool in Destiny
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 10:58   Link #264
Blaat

wow 50 Windams + various ships vs 3 MS and one ship and the good guys still won
Oh well after watching the episodes I have to say Shinn is probably my second favourite SEED character after Mwu.

Furthermore did Impulse have a beam shield? It kind of looks like it has an invisible shield like that horrible looking Mobile Armour.

Oh well the Gundam got damaged which was a good thing to bad it was an excuse to let Shinn go Super Mode/Super Saiyajin/SEED mode whatever you want to call it. Better luck next time.

By the way am I the only one here assuming that Miverva has another Core Fighter in its hangar? They have multiple parts for Impulse so why not another core fighter? Maybe its better if they launch two impulse Gundams, to increase the odds...
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 11:10   Link #265
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
wow 50 Windams + various ships vs 3 MS and one ship and the good guys still won
Oh well after watching the episodes I have to say Shinn is probably my second favourite SEED character after Mwu.

Furthermore did Impulse have a beam shield? It kind of looks like it has an invisible shield like that horrible looking Mobile Armour.

Oh well the Gundam got damaged which was a good thing to bad it was an excuse to let Shinn go Super Mode/Super Saiyajin/SEED mode whatever you want to call it. Better luck next time.

By the way am I the only one here assuming that Miverva has another Core Fighter in its hangar? They have multiple parts for Impulse so why not another core fighter? Maybe its better if they launch two impulse Gundams, to increase the odds...

Are you kidding me ...

THIS EPISODE IS A COMPLETE CHEAP ASS!

This is like Gundam Wing All over again!
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 11:28   Link #266
xen9899

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrum
Im not sure that it matters, but, shouldnt it be called "Saber (sabre) Gundam" instead of "Savior Gundam"?
What I keep hearing is "Saver" Gundam. Of course, that's just plain lame (and poor engrish), so thankfully all the translations call it "Savior." As for "Saber"...well, it does sound like that, doesnt it? Of course, if we were to ignore official names and instead go with exactly what we hear, then we'd be Anime Junkies =P
xen9899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 11:30   Link #267
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Yayyyy Blam blam Here Comes FREEDOM ...I Think Its The Only Gundams That Uses Nuke As Power Source...The Hell? Y Does Shinn Use Sword Y Not Use The Heavy Weapons Pack Anyway Freedom Is Reborn Yeah
2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 11:40   Link #268
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
THIS EPISODE IS A COMPLETE CHEAP ASS!

This is like Gundam Wing All over again!
Nah... Impulse is actually dodging the enemies' attacks... When it starts charging in a place with hundreds of enemy mobile suits head on without dodging or anything and blowing them all up with a single shot then I start worrying.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-12-28 at 11:58.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 11:48   Link #269
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
That kind of remind me, where is all the windams i mean the EA ms gone???? Are they all destroyed If they WERE destroyed then the EA ms pilots sure are Noob pilot
2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 12:21   Link #270
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Die4
That kind of remind me, where is all the windams i mean the EA ms gone???? Are they all destroyed If they WERE destroyed then the EA ms pilots sure are Noob pilot
Well let's not forget that most of the experienced pilots, from ZAFT and EA, died in the last war. Well, no there's the Seed MSV aces, but they'll never have more than a cameo and no lines, so we'll just assume they don't exist.

So yeah, like most of ZAFT's new pilots are newbies, that much has been made clear already, so EA's just in the same situation.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 12:24   Link #271
Breogan
Umeboshi

Well, just watched 11-12 and overall the episodes didn't looked too. I love the orbital drops and regular MS battles so that gives some points to the episode.
On the other hand, I expected a better Seed mode from Shinn... it was kinda disappointing. Also, the recharge beam was just WAY too convenient, being able to fully charge Impulse's batteries within just a couple of seconds.
Kira and Kagari are sinking lower and lower as the series goes... is this some kind of plot to kill them and not annoy many people?
Lets hope Kira redeems himself after episode 13 with the return of Freedom, and Kagari gets back on her feet after the incidents of episode 14.
Can't wait to see how Athrun performs on Savior ^_^
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 12:59   Link #272
dreamless

Agree, Kira's "again there are people crying" line finally matches Lacus' "for what reason do you fight?" line in terms of lameness and annoyance
Old 2004-12-28, 13:01   Link #273
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan
Also, the recharge beam was just WAY too convenient, being able to fully charge Impulse's batteries within just a couple of seconds.
I really don't understand why this is made into such a big issue by people. If there are suits and ships in the show that have unlimited energy and this is never an issue for them, why is a suit that DOES run out of energy and needs recharging a "convenience"? So who the heck cares? How many mecha series actually make energy and batteries a factor anyway?
Old 2004-12-28, 13:13   Link #274
dreamless

Yup, and I don't see any problem in the speed of the "deuterion beam recharging", remember it is developed as a way of long range energy recharging system, obviously intended for battle use, so a fast recharge speed is only logical. If it's not intended to use in battle, then why use long range energy recharging? If the recharge takes very long, then what's the difference of calling back the unit and use conventional recharging method? At least that way it's safer since you recharge on your battleship, not standing mid-air motionless for minutes. So yup, since they developed this long range recharging system for military use, obviously it must work fast, actually it's still slower than what I have expected. Standing motionless for 5 seconds is still a guaranteed KIA during an intense battle.
Old 2004-12-28, 13:48   Link #275
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
That was awesomness! Finally Shinn did somthing! LOL

Yzak is so hilarious

Ya whats with Lacus sleeping with the kids.....

Poor Vino gets so scared easily

YAY for FREEDOM!!! WOOT!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 13:57   Link #276
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
a MS is like a Car.

All of them have the same interface [ Park, Drive, Reverse, Steering Wheel, Break, Gas Pedal, Clutch if manual ].

if you know how to drive a car, you can drive any car.

However, You don't have the feel of that car. You don't know if you can take a turn as sharp as in another car, for example. You don't know if it accelerates the same, for example.

So, I say knowing your suit is something that is required. All suits use a similar, simple interface...However, knowing what your suit can and can not do means you know where to push it and where to not. Like a Car
Exactly. The last paragraph is expecially what I was getting at. I was watching some SEED episodes last night and during one of the episodes in the desert story arc, Strike is about to launch and Kira asks for the Aile pack because mobility is more important than fire power against BuCUEs. Yes, part of that is experience, but it also made up of knowing your suit's abilities and taking that into account when forming a strategy.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 14:04   Link #277
Silencers
My best friend is a gun

Send a message via Yahoo to Silencers
I think it's nice to see Shinn in SEED mode. I mean, isn't that why it's Gundam SEED in the first place? But I must agree about the instant recharge thing being cheap. Reminds me of ultraman for a while. And I thought Impulse merging up like power rangers was silly, until ep 12.

Im sure plenty of you notcied the a difference between Kira's seed and Shinn's SEED. Kira's eyes move back and forth wildly and his fingers were lightning fast whenever he's programming Strike in SEED, esp in fights at the desert. Shinn's eyes and fingers were pretty relaxed.

For some reason, I think Savior too, can recharge like Impulse did. Check out the foreheads, both have the tiny window thing. Js a thought, lol.

Freedom, freedom. Whatever happened to Justice? Yakin Due saw Freedom lost its head, and arm a leg, but Justice looked perfectly fine. Where'd it go? Of course, I'm a big Freedom fan, esp when it's fighting in melee, so I'm very excited when I saw it in the preview. I can't wait to see Kira back with guns blazing

I hope Archangel too makes a reappearance. Though it would be pretty lame, I'd very much like to see it in action once more. I wished Milly get some screentime, I'm quite into the Dearka+Milly thing

Dearka's casual suit is the coolest between the three, Yzak's being the worst. I personally think he looks cooler with that scar Kira gave him. One more thing abt Bartfeld, did he transplant someone's arm onto his? It's like he magically grew his arm back.

I'm so enjoying this show.
Silencers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 14:11   Link #278
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by xen9899
What I keep hearing is "Saver" Gundam. Of course, that's just plain lame (and poor engrish), so thankfully all the translations call it "Savior." As for "Saber"...well, it does sound like that, doesnt it? Of course, if we were to ignore official names and instead go with exactly what we hear, then we'd be Anime Junkies =P
The kana and the pronounciation is "seibaa", so to a certain extent, you're right, but it's stil "Saviour". You might be wondering why, well "seibaa" is also used in G-Saviour so it stands to reason the same thing ishappening here. Also added to it that "saber" at least when it comes to Gundam is spelled/pronounced "saaberu". So "seibaa" = Saviour is consistent with past Gundam examples.

Quote:
I think it's nice to see Shinn in SEED mode. I mean, isn't that why it's Gundam SEED in the first place? But I must agree about the instant recharge thing being cheap. Reminds me of ultraman for a while.
How is a remotely recharged battery cheap, but a nuclear powered battery isn't?

Quote:
...I thought Impulse merging up like power rangers was silly...
[truncated]
Anyway.....this is an oft heard sentiment and it always sounds ridiculous to me. Gundam is a show made for older kids - teens. That's what some of them like. I really don't see how it has much of an effect. I'm not crazy about it, I don't think it's particularly cool, but I don't whine about because what will that accomplish? It won't change anything. And no, I'm not jumping on your back, I'm making a generalized statement triggered by a comment, but it's not personally directed at you.

I think the cause is that a lot of Gundam viewers forget that they are watching a toy/model commercial. Gundam does have it's grown up side, but it markets itself to a younger target audience, hence a three part mobile suit. What upsets fans is that they feel that they are less mature because of this "kiddie" element of the show, that's what I think is ridiculous. I could be wrong, but that's how it seems. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Quote:
Im sure plenty of you notcied the a difference between Kira's seed and Shinn's SEED. Kira's eyes move back and forth wildly and his fingers were lightning fast whenever he's programming Strike in SEED, esp in fights at the desert. Shinn's eyes and fingers were pretty relaxed.
Well, Kira was more aggressive in the desert. He was very much "gotta kill 'em all" and that is due to Flay's manipulation. Shinn seemed to be more "what do I have to do to win", he seemed more composed.

Quote:
For some reason, I think Savior too, can recharge like Impulse did. Check out the foreheads, both have the tiny window thing. Js a thought, lol.
I think all of ZAFT's prototypes can be recharged. I have no official source, but I think the S in the model codes for all the designs denotes that it uses the deuterium beam energy system in the same way that the prototypes ZAFT made in SEED have an A that seemed to denote atomic power.

Quote:
Freedom, freedom. Whatever happened to Justice? Yakin Due saw Freedom lost its head, and arm a leg, but Justice looked perfectly fine. Where'd it go? Of course, I'm a big Freedom fan, esp when it's fighting in melee, so I'm very excited when I saw it in the preview. I can't wait to see Kira back with guns blazing
Athrun self destructed Justice to destroy GENESIS.

Quote:
I hope Archangel too makes a reappearance. Though it would be pretty lame, I'd very much like to see it in action once more.
Archangel will reappear at some point.

Quote:
I wished Milly get some screentime, I'm quite into the Dearka+Milly thing
They had an interesting chemistry, but I don't think there was anything romantic there. Just because a guy and a girl talk doesn't mean there will be romance. Sai and Miriallia talked all the time but no one thought that they were going to get together.

Quote:
Dearka's casual suit is the coolest between the three, Yzak's being the worst. I personally think he looks cooler with that scar Kira gave him. One more thing abt Bartfeld, did he transplant someone's arm onto his? It's like he magically grew his arm back.
The arm is a prosthetic, there is a scan floating around tha shows it. I didn't have a problem with Yzak's suit, only that it looked kind of big. To be honest, Athrun's clothes look the best to me.

Quote:
I'm so enjoying this show.
Good, so am I.

Last edited by Scherazade; 2004-12-28 at 14:28.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 14:18   Link #279
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
I have noticed something funny.The colors of the diffrents rank in ZAFT are the same tan in the catholic church.

red=elite soldiers=cardinals(choose among bishops=elite)
purple=generals(?)=bishops
And now Zala(purple) is a member of special force named FAITH
Dullindal is a member of a papist conspiracy

Purple is a color for lent and advent. Red may be the color of Cardinals but it is also worn on certain feast days.

Watch the Catholic jokes, while we are rare, there are a few devote catholics who happen to be otaku
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 14:22   Link #280
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by xen9899
What I keep hearing is "Saver" Gundam. Of course, that's just plain lame (and poor engrish), so thankfully all the translations call it "Savior."
:shrug: maybe Durandal got it for a steal at Akbar's Discount Gundams or something.

Last edited by glyph; 2004-12-28 at 14:41.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote