AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-04, 21:33   Link #21
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The two vignettes in the third season were well-chosen and offer a more introspective outlook of camping, one which can be generalised to any activity or hobby. Although cute at first glance, Yuru Camp is a series with considerable depth to it, deserving of the viewers' time.
Old 2024-04-05, 01:13   Link #22
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

If I glimpsed the cover of Rin's book correctly, she was reading about 'Oumuamua, an interstellar object that passed through our solar system a few years ago.

Season 2 gave us such a nice balance between friends camping together having wacky hijinks and solo campers being quiet and introspective. I hope that continues this time around. The first episode suggests it will!
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-05, 01:57   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So is the big revelation of this season going to be that the characters were all sucked into an isekai? It would explain why they look different and why the background looks like it came from another world than theirs. As otherwordly beings, they emit this aura that makes stuff close to them also look drawn, but anything that goes too far from them turn real

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-11, 09:22   Link #24
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
If I glimpsed the cover of Rin's book correctly, she was reading about 'Oumuamua, an interstellar object that passed through our solar system a few years ago.

Season 2 gave us such a nice balance between friends camping together having wacky hijinks and solo campers being quiet and introspective. I hope that continues this time around. The first episode suggests it will!
You're absolutely correct, the title reads "Is 'Oumuamua A Spaceship?". It speaks to Rin's love of the paranormal, which is something we have in common, and it makes it doubly hilarious when we know Rin has an interest in this sort of thing, but then she's also quick to start As for season 3 itself, I'm going to be writing extensively about it.

Ahead of the second episode's airing, it's also necessary to dispel any potential agreement with outlandish claims about the art shift resulting from a so-called "isekai", seeing as this comes from someone who believed a "gas leak" caused the visions at Gama Gama, even in the face of the fact that most buildings in Okinawa lack centralised heating and would use electric heaters or AC units with heating elements (if there is a reason agreement is justified, I'd love to hear it). Staff interviews indicate that the changed character designs came from a wish to make the third season's characters more similar to their manga counterparts.
Old 2024-04-11, 10:29   Link #25
Frontier

Ayano is another biker girl who has discovered a love for the outdoors and camping! She's even bought her first small stove (and realized just how pricey camping gear can be) for some scenic hot chocolate drinking! And it seems like she has plans for more (with Shimarin) !

Of course perpetual sleep in girl Ena is still in her PJ's when the rest of the girls show up for yard-camping...but CHIKUWA!!! Complete with a doggie tent just for Chikuwa! It's worth every yen! Though even cheap tents are worth their weight in friendships .

RIP Aki's long hair. Though I'm actually kind of surprised she kept the bangs, though when she pulls them up she really does look like Sakura .

Oh no, Aki's got a gun! It's a massacre! Not even Chikuwa is safe! Though gotta watch out for the zombies! Also Chikuwa has great acting skills. Also, here's Ena's dad .

Making your first tent is like a camping rite-of-passage Aya-chan !

But it's just a sausage gun for making sausages! Although poor Aki didn't take into account how much you need to chill everything, including the gun, so the sausages didn't turn out perfectly...but at least they had the chorizo .

No better way to recover from heartbreak like walking Chikuwa and enjoying the outdoors .

Nadeshiko is feeling the pull of solo camping once more, but she can't resist going camping with her two best friends as Ayano ropes her and Rin into her tour camping .
Old 2024-04-11, 17:50   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It seems to me they did a better job with the backgrounds in this episode. At the very least, it didn't bother much as much as in the first episode, where it didn't seem like they applied any filters to the photographs.

As for the content of the episode... not much to say, really. Just a regular episode of Yuru Camp, meaning good.
Old 2024-04-11, 20:49   Link #27
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Ena really spoils her dog with buying all the gear but after all that Ena did a really good job on cutting Chiaki hair
Old 2024-04-11, 21:00   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yes! Nadeshiko and Rin (and Ayano) camping! Those Nadeshiko and Rin camping trips give me life!

Also Chikuwa is worth every penny that is spent on spoiling him! Gotta enjoy every moment. Of course the pet camping stuff is expensive. They know animal lovers will pay through the nose!

Ayano is pretty smart. There's a balance between grabbing something cheap and getting something that'll last. And looking for sales is a good way to bridge the gap a bit. Find something that is still fairly good, but isn't going to break the bank.
Old 2024-04-11, 22:00   Link #29
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Ayano's entry into camping brings to mind my own recent entry into being a full-frame photographer, right down to buying the gear I need and being excited to use it: while Yuru Camp might be about camping, what the series speaks about is applicable to a wide range of activities, and this is why the series is so appealing to such a wide range of viewers. With Ayano geared up, all eyes are on the next episode as Rin and Ayano start their motorcycle tour. Further to this, it's actually quite impressive Ena's taught Chikuwa all of those tricks; it's certainly possible to teach dogs the "bang!" trick, but the zombies trick isn't something I'd heard of before.
Old 2024-04-12, 06:28   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was great to see Chikuwa so full of life after seeing him so weak in the movie.
Old 2024-04-12, 11:25   Link #31
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was great to see Chikuwa so full of life after seeing him so weak in the movie.
That also reminds me of Rin and Ena talking about how she'd feel when Chikuawa died...
Old 2024-04-18, 10:28   Link #32
Frontier

It's nice that Shima Mama is more accepting of Rin going out so early and on her own...but you can never get too comfortable on the road! And don't forget to get some Kawane Tea for mom !

FIRST REAL SAKURA APPEARANCE OF THE SEASON! We even got to see her naked in a Hot Spring! And spoiling Oigawa for her sister !

Wow, it's kind of amazing Ena is up so early to text Rin and they get to shoot the breeze like they always do. Aoi and Aki even chip in to the group chat because they're somehow still awake too .

Rin and Aya meet! And you can tell Aya is not so used to this because she collapses in front of Rin and isn't used to lugging around camping gear...but she's game to keep this trip going with Rin as they go on a suspension-bridge tour !

Rin and Aya are a lot alike in terms of vibe, personality, their moms wanting souvenirs from their trip, and looking forward to some Hamburg Steak .

Meanwhile Nadeshiko is train-hopping and seeing the sights on her halfway solo camping trip, even getting to play "mom" for Rin and Aya to make sure they get their safe by the evening !

Big, small, old, new...there are plenty of suspension-bridges to check out! Just avoid rocking it too much, give animals the right of way, and avoid puddles .

Nadeshiko treating herself to pork skewers, dam curry, and kawane soft serve! I've never seen such artistry in curry! Now I want to see all the variations of dam curry .

Hmm...I wonder if Nadeshiko is going to spend more time with those last two girls who came onto the train? Feels like they intentionally stood out .
Old 2024-04-18, 18:04   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rin says you need always need to be careful on the road and she's texting while driving...

Enjoyed the sight of Nadeshiko's sister in the onsen.

Yapashii bridge... you just knew it was coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Hmm...I wonder if Nadeshiko is going to spend more time with those last two girls who came onto the train? Feels like they intentionally stood out .
They were too well designed to just be background characters. They'll definitely get some screentime next episode.
Old 2024-04-18, 20:43   Link #34
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Rin & Ayano going on a nice suspension bridge tour while Nadeshiko riding the train and having some nice food

Well that food stall lady really not playing far how she selling that pork
Old 2024-04-18, 22:05   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Rin says you need always need to be careful on the road and she's texting while driving...
I'm surprised how much she was able to get out on the road .
Old 2024-04-19, 09:33   Link #36
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Rin says you need always need to be careful on the road and she's texting while driving.
That's probably just a matter of framing: we clearly see her driving with both hands on the handlebars and both eyes on the road.

Regarding this third episode, its portrayal of how Rin travels with a kindred spirit was especially touching. Unlike Nadeshiko, who's all energy and enthusiasm, Ayano is quieter and more introspective, like Rin, so Rin naturally plays off her. Even though it's their first time travelling together, Rin and Ayano get along well, and it's clear Rin's comfortable in Ayano's presence. The episode's other contribution is showing travels from two perspectives: in contrast with the first season, which showed a parallel between Rin and the Outdoor Activities Club's activities, this episode showed how different travellers get different perspectives of the same spot.
Old 2024-04-19, 16:36   Link #37
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
The episode's other contribution is showing travels from two perspectives: in contrast with the first season, which showed a parallel between Rin and the Outdoor Activities Club's activities, this episode showed how different travellers get different perspectives of the same spot.
I'd argue three perspectives.

Up until now, Rin has very much been a "Get there and relax, then maybe look around once you've settled" type of camper. Nadeshiko is a "get there, run around everywhere the moment you arrive before finally settling in," type.

Ayano is much closer in line to Nadeshiko, but more about the journey detours. She's putting Rin in a position of branching out and doing a little more sightseeing first.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-19, 18:20   Link #38
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Rin began stopping at selected spots since season one thanks to Nadeshiko being a remote guide, and early in season two, we saw her doing multiple stops during her New Year's trip en route to her campsite in Hamamatsu. Prior to that (e.g. Lake Motosu), sure, but Rin's not adverse to stopping and exploring during a journey.
Old 2024-04-19, 18:46   Link #39
Frontier

It's cute how Ayano and Rin have such a similar vibe. Makes them feel like realistic traveling companions .
Old 2024-04-20, 11:21   Link #40
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
After coming this far I finally realized and admit that Rin is the main character and not Nadeshiko.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, slice of life