AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-12-27, 17:26   Link #1641
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

I got to watch the talk show that came with the BD release, which was basically a recording of the talk show on April 9 this year, mainly about the production of the show. Here's a bunch of things I ended up tossing into twitter while watching:
  • watching this talkshow about the conceptualization of #kyoukaisen now. gonna tweet a bunch with sidecomments; forgive any misinterpreted JP.
  • so apparently, Kawakami really wanted this project to be a success, so he himself participated in the meetings in the production.
  • and not only that, but he made a 3D model of the ENTIRE Musashi FOR KICKS and brought in the documents for the production staff.
  • wow, so basically, everyone in the committee was like "LOL R U SRS" when they were approached with the idea of making the #kyoukaisen anime
  • when Kawakami went into the staff meetings he'd bring in documents just like this, tens of folders, 100 pages each http://twitpic.com/7zg0xd
  • how much does that add up to? around this much. http://twitpic.com/7zg1bf
  • and apparently, that's just to start things off. not to mention the digital files.
  • during scenario planning meetings, they'd usually start around 1pm. and end around 3. in the morning.
  • and despite all that, Kawakami would stick around all the way to the end. what a boss.
  • whenever they're talking about something, and they're a little confused, Kawakami's all, man, I don't have it today. I'll bring it next week
  • and when they'd expect him to bring like 2 or 3 sheets of rough drafts, he brings like 20-30 sheets of stuff
  • even on the talk show (April 9, 2011), they already stated that they planned 2 seasons. so HA.
  • according to Ono (director): he thinks Nenji is probably gonna be pretty popular (joke)
  • LOLOLOLOLOL THE [MEDIA ASCII WORKS] EDITOR IS SHOWING A 2-PAGE SPREAD OF RO-KYU-BU ON THE SHOW AND SHIRAISHI'S ALL STOP RIGHT THERE
  • when casting the voices, they went, we definitely gotta get fukujun and chihara minori, it seems. I suppose it's fukujun's boke + lelouch
  • and chihara's got experience doing both emotional and cooldere roles. for the director et. al., they really matched the roles well
  • LOL they said fukujun is a match for the role, and toori is always naked and talking about eroge, so he was just wwww
  • when fukujun went with the role, he really was taken by the whole "idiot + loves ero-jokes" part www
  • also, the Japanese non-ruby reading of the Blue Thunder is sei-rai-tei. Not that anyone reads it that way anyway.
  • chihara, when doing her horizon/p-01s role, wasn't quite sure as to how far she should take the memory loss/no emotions part, since rather then them(memory/emotions) not being there at all, they were more deeply buried inside, and so she wasn't sure how much to show/hide.
  • director: fukujun and chihara matched their roles perfectly! fukujun: man am I supposed to take that as a compliment or what!
  • fukujun felt like he was reviewing world/japanese history as he read horizon, and as he kept going, the plot really kept him reading and he, both as Toori's voice actor, and as a fan, wants to do his best in the work. he even said "I think it's a really great work"
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 17:30   Link #1642
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
We care about the sales because the sales determined future adaptions.
Bingo, that's what I think too.
I really' want this series got many episode, and financial success is a way for that.
Quote:
i know about that already. I am talking about future future adaptions and amount budget slot for the upcoming summer adaption.
Budget usually not changed much for any anime sequel, but its does make studios give it priority if thw show got heavy success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because while taste is subjective, money is the real deal
Bulleyes. I'm becoming less "bitchy" with critiquing a show/fanbase since following sales number data and stuff. I'm not saying ignorant stuff like "Otaku/fan only buy shitty show" again while its true in some extent, I'm becoming more understand with otaku decision if buy something and what show that have big chance to explode and whatnot, that way I can adjust my expectation better.

Anyway I wondering if Horizon can get anime movie in future, every success show seems doing it now. Does the novel material is make it possible for that? Horizon's grand scale war would be epic in movie format!
Old 2011-12-27, 17:37   Link #1643
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
I got to watch the talk show that came with the BD release, which was basically a recording of the talk show on April 9 this year, mainly about the production of the show. Here's a bunch of things I ended up tossing into twitter while watching:
  • watching this talkshow about the conceptualization of #kyoukaisen now. gonna tweet a bunch with sidecomments; forgive any misinterpreted JP.
  • so apparently, Kawakami really wanted this project to be a success, so he himself participated in the meetings in the production.
  • and not only that, but he made a 3D model of the ENTIRE Musashi FOR KICKS and brought in the documents for the production staff.
  • wow, so basically, everyone in the committee was like "LOL R U SRS" when they were approached with the idea of making the #kyoukaisen anime
  • when Kawakami went into the staff meetings he'd bring in documents just like this, tens of folders, 100 pages each http://twitpic.com/7zg0xd
  • and apparently, that's just to start things off. not to mention the digital files.
  • during scenario planning meetings, they'd usually start around 1pm. and end around 3. in the morning.
  • and despite all that, Kawakami would stick around all the way to the end. what a boss.
  • whenever they're talking about something, and they're a little confused, Kawakami's all, man, I don't have it today. I'll bring it next week
  • and when they'd expect him to bring like 2 or 3 sheets of rough drafts, he brings like 20-30 sheets of stuff
  • even on the talk show (April 9, 2011), they already stated that they planned 2 seasons. so HA.
  • according to Ono (director): he thinks Nenji is probably gonna be pretty popular (joke)
  • LOLOLOLOLOL THE [MEDIA ASCII WORKS] EDITOR IS SHOWING A 2-PAGE SPREAD OF RO-KYU-BU ON THE SHOW AND SHIRAISHI'S ALL STOP RIGHT THERE
  • when casting the voices, they went, we definitely gotta get fukujun and chihara minori, it seems. I suppose it's fukujun's boke + lelouch
  • and chihara's got experience doing both emotional and cooldere roles. for the director et. al., they really matched the roles well
  • LOL they said fukujun is a match for the role, and toori is always naked and talking about eroge, so he was just wwww
  • when fukujun went with the role, he really was taken by the whole "idiot + loves ero-jokes" part www
  • also, the Japanese non-ruby reading of the Blue Thunder is sei-rai-tei. Not that anyone reads it that way anyway.
  • chihara, when doing her horizon/p-01s role, wasn't quite sure as to how far she should take the memory loss/no emotions part, since rather then them(memory/emotions) not being there at all, they were more deeply buried inside, and so she wasn't sure how much to show/hide.
  • director: fukujun and chihara matched their roles perfectly! fukujun: man am I supposed to take that as a compliment or what!
  • fukujun felt like he was reviewing world/japanese history as he read horizon, and as he kept going, the plot really kept him reading and he, both as Toori's voice actor, and as a fan, wants to do his best in the work. he even said "I think it's a really great work"
Thank you so much for posting this. It's great read.

Man, all the staff are such bros, but Kawakamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Bulleyes. I'm becoming less "bitchy" with critiquing a show/fanbase since following sales number data and stuff. I'm not saying ignorant stuff like "Otaku/fan only buy shitty show" again while its true in some extent, I'm becoming more understand with otaku decision if buy something and what show that have big chance to explode and whatnot, that way I can adjust my expectation better.
People argued that Horizon is targeted at an older audience range (late 20s to early 30s), who has the money to dump on the series, but this range means it won't be a super smash hit among the otakus.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 17:39   Link #1644
Xacual

Why can't all LN writers be that interested in working with the anime studios adapting their work? I mean I know you read about occasional visits or help but never to that extent.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 18:15   Link #1645
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Why can't all LN writers be that interested in working with the anime studios adapting their work? I mean I know you read about occasional visits or help but never to that extent.
For shows like Horizon its understandable to go through such lengths, but don't expect tens of folders one hundred pages thick for RO-KYU-BU
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 18:19   Link #1646
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
  • and despite all that, Kawakami would stick around all the way to the end.
What can I say, Kawakami is indeed a kami. Besides participating with the anime project like those aforementioned, he even managed to release 2400 pages of LN (equivalent to 7-8 dengeki bunko or 9 MF bunko volumes) in a year, as well as writes the mini-novel for BD bonus. I wonder if he even get to sleep at all.
Old 2011-12-27, 18:21   Link #1647
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i have heard that Kawakami has written other works that is loosely connected to Horizon.

Anyone has a list and small summary of those works are?
Old 2011-12-27, 19:28   Link #1648
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Maybe not all staff teams are that willing to work very closely with the authors too. When you read stuff like this, I think we also should give tons of praise for the producers behind Horizon for actually putting up with Kawakami's infodump and giving it so much attention. Really, the adaptation is a success on all fronts.
Old 2011-12-27, 20:05   Link #1649
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Maybe not all staff teams are that willing to work very closely with the authors too. When you read stuff like this, I think we also should give tons of praise for the producers behind Horizon for actually putting up with Kawakami's infodump and giving it so much attention. Really, the adaptation is a success on all fronts.

I think it actually makes all the difference to have the original creator onboard; look at Shana III, they've brought in the Author to help and the general response has been positive.
Old 2011-12-27, 20:45   Link #1650
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Both sides are such a bro.
All they need is love, for thing they are working on.
Old 2011-12-27, 21:26   Link #1651
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
i have heard that Kawakami has written other works that is loosely connected to Horizon.

Anyone has a list and small summary of those works are?
AHEAD series is Owari no Chronicle

CITY series are well.....his works with cities in the titles....Namely:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%83%...83%BC%E3%82%BA
Old 2011-12-27, 21:30   Link #1652
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I salute Kawakami sensei for the dilligence that you'll only find in times of severe crisis....

Seriously...1pm to 3am....
Old 2011-12-27, 21:48   Link #1653
kemal_1915

Actually, I hope he can get more rest
A lot of light novel writers were passed away or had serious medical condition lately
I don't want to have one more
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 07:43   Link #1654
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiri Megami Alice View Post
I wonder if he even get to sleep at all.
Everyone seems to hold this opinion. The editor said like, Kawakami is constantly doing so much, I hope he doesn't get sick; Shiraishi was saying that it'd be better for him to take a break rather than break his body, etc.

Even the back flap of Horizon 1A says "いったいいつ寝てるのかとても不思議。" rofl
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 19:27   Link #1655
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I guess the only way to one-up Toaru, was to friggin' Horizon.
Old 2011-12-28, 19:32   Link #1656
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Kawakami > Kamachi

Sorry if this is heresy but it has to be said....
Old 2011-12-28, 19:49   Link #1657
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I can't really compare Kamachi and Kawakami when it comes to their works.
While Kamachi dwells on a modified version of the modern world, Kawakami explores on several centuries of time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 20:34   Link #1658
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

None of you seem to understand... Writers like Kamachi and Kawakami... They don't eat or sleep, they just plug into the socket and recharge.
Old 2011-12-28, 21:23   Link #1659
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Your saying that Kawakami is...Horizon Ariadust herself
Old 2011-12-28, 21:38   Link #1660
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
LOL, its seems everybody in here really care about the sales number
I feel the same though, with the novel is almost impossible to read and stuff.
Nope, but I would like to see the last episode subbed at some point.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise