AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 08:31   Link #3081
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Pretty much. Just cause a sinner does 1 good deed now and then doesn't make him a saint.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:33   Link #3082
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
..I don't know where this will be heading but...

Like everyone.... Zessica has her own good and bad traits... It depends on us on which traits of her we wish to pay more attention to...

...Putting that aside, I don't think anyone would disagree if I think Zessica is sure is hot...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:37   Link #3083
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
That's one way of defining it since most people aren't likely to ever admit that anything they do is wrong, so therefore anything they do must be 'right' somehow. Of course, a more mature person would just say 'wtf are my only choices right or wrong?'. Sure, if your morality scale only goes towards 'right' 'wrong' or 'good' 'evil' then feel free to knock yourself out on say on being very positive about things being right or wrong. Mine's a bit more grey and except for great extremes such as murdering someone for fun/rape/callingdownalienstosmitefrontiercauseyouhaveabroke nheart etc, I'm less likely to pass what is most likely arbitrary judgment and say something is 'wrong'.

...So basically what you're saying is that you cannot present a set of circumstances that makes the aforementioned action 'right' or 'acceptable' ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:38   Link #3084
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Considering I said I found the current set of circumstances 'acceptable', I have no idea where you got that. Maybe you need to spend less time being patronising while trying to make a badly veiled point and more time reading.

Old 2012-03-21, 08:48   Link #3085
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Considering I said I found the current set of circumstances 'acceptable', I have no idea where you got that. Maybe you need to spend less time being patronising while trying to make a badly veiled point and more time reading.
Oh I did read your statement but it doesn't answer my question one bit because it basically means "Because I'm fine with it, my conscience is clear."

Here let me give you my reasoning why playing around with another person's relationship is 'wrong'.

Quote:
Because the romantic relationship is a very sensitive matter that is vulnerable to multiple stimulus in it's early stages as the two individuals are slowly lowering their guard and getting to know one another. As the saying goes the first step is the hardest, but even after that maintaining that relationship to make it blossom into something more is difficult enough as it is without the need for a third party to incite negative emotions. If not mitigated properly, those negativity would eventually cause a break down in the relationship leaving both parties emotionally scarred by the experience.

Now it's your turn, why can it be okay?
Old 2012-03-21, 09:00   Link #3086
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

You mean the relationship where amata and mikono have only just met and may or may not have been sweet on each other? OMG, nobody, NOBODY should touch anybody who may or may not be in a relationship after having just met recently. Seriously, that's tripe. Relationships aren't formed in a vacuum. If your relationship can't handle other people being in your lifes, I'd suggest not having a relationship.

I find your definition of relationship quite dubious in the first place considering it was only just recently that Amata and Mikono met and even more recently that the wall was broken down and you know, males(Amata) and females(Mikono) could interact with each other. Sure, the viewers ship them but that's because they're viewers and because viewers ship ANYTHING. So what? People who meet and feel some attraction towards each other should not have ANYTHING come in between them at all because they might possibly end up in a....'dramatic pause' relationship? You must hate harem shows then

Old 2012-03-21, 09:12   Link #3087
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You mean the relationship where amata and mikono have only just met and may or may not have been sweet on each other? OMG, nobody, NOBODY should touch anybody who may or may not be in a relationship after having just met recently. Seriously, that's tripe. Relationships aren't formed in a vacuum. If your relationship can't handle other people being in your lifes, I'd suggest not having a relationship.

I find your definition of relationship quite dubious in the first place considering it was only just recently that Amata and Mikono met and even more recently that the wall was broken down and you know, males(Amata) and females(Mikono) could interact with each other. Sure, the viewers ship them but that's because they're viewers and because viewers ship ANYTHING. So what? People who meet and feel some attraction towards each other should not have ANYTHING come in between them at all because they might possibly end up in a....'dramatic pause' relationship? You must hate harem shows then

Erm don't get me wrong, I would pursuit down this new line of argument with you but rather than get carried away, first I want to clarify that my above quote was not tailored specific to Amata/Mikono but rather a general one.

Then secondly, I didn't say that there shouldn't be other people in your life, I said it's difficult enough without needing someone else to make it even more difficult. Particularly if it's intentional.

I hope this clears things up before we continue.

And for the record I like Harem shows, don't you?
Old 2012-03-21, 09:19   Link #3088
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
So Kagura goes through the portal, crashes the Mithra right in front of Amata and Mikono, and goes "my [woman], WHHHEERRREEEEEEEEEE??" If he can smell her after swimming up fron the Hong Kong harbor, no small feat given the pollution (at least 12,000 years ago), can't he smell her from ten meters away?

A cold going around Altair command that today giving Kagura a stuffy nose? Allergies to pollen in Mkyage's cage perhaps? Or maybe Kagura is allergic to dimensional travel? The portals are too smelly?

Maybe it is a cold. His scream sounded a little scratchy.
He actually can't smell her across a city nor can he confirm her smell without contact (he has to stick his head in a completely unrelated girl's hair and sniff to confirm that she's not the smell he's after). If you pay attention to the timing (his arrival at Vega) and the picture of him with Andy (taken by Sazanka unintentionally) you'll realize that he spent the majority of the day (from midday to sunset) looking for Mikono. If he could just pinpoint her, he'd have found her immediately and long before Amata and her made their way to the roof.

For consistency's sake, he has a vague idea of the area that she is in (he knew she was somewhere in the city and had to have followed her scent at least to some degree to ever find her) but he cannot confirm who is whom without being, effectively, right on top of them. This is consistent with the vector chases as he cannot tell where she is until he's caught the vector to sniff it out *personally* just as he had to sniff out some random girl *personally* to find that she smelled good but that she wasn't the smell he was after (remember, he'd never seen Mikono so he'd have no idea what she looked like). The only time this has been different is inside the Aquarion for episodes one and two, but considering that the Aquarion multiplies everything... guess it multiplied smell too.
Old 2012-03-21, 09:25   Link #3089
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm don't get me wrong, I would pursuit down this new line of argument with you but rather than get carried away, first I want to clarify that my above quote was not tailored specific to Amata/Mikono but rather a general one.

Then secondly, I didn't say that there shouldn't be other people in your life, I said it's difficult enough without needing someone else to make it even more difficult. Particularly if it's intentional.

I hope this clears things up before we continue.

And for the record I like Harem shows, don't you?
No, not since harem became all the plotz that was needed in a harem show. -_- I don't mind old school like tenchi muyo but new school just grates on my nerves.

Old 2012-03-21, 09:32   Link #3090
Ypocaramel

He did say something about being back in Mithra improving his smell. It could be Aquarion/gattai boosting smell as well in part 2, he was also inside Mithra at the time.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:38   Link #3091
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
He did say something about being back in Mithra improving his smell. It could be Aquarion/gattai boosting smell as well in part 2, he was also inside Mithra at the time.
Mithra does seem to improve his smell (it does express his beastly traits as well) but even still he does seem to need to be very, very close to find Mikono. Even in Mithra he still needed to catch the vectors to check them and, unlike with Shrade, he didn't make any passing comment about Cayenne smelling like anyone. He just threw him away.

It would seem that Aquarion and Mithra are needed for across the block sense of smell. Something to amplify on both ends.
Old 2012-03-21, 09:48   Link #3092
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Er...Mithra is the name of the Dimension Gate. Missiglinis or however you spell it is the name of Kagura's ship

@Vena it is quite possible that Kagura's mech channels his element power like Aquarion does with it's elements...by the by I really enjoyed Kagura's ship enter Vega in the same way the Cherubin Soldiers did in the OS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post

Please don't be condescending. It's rather rude. I'd like to consider you a person I like discussing with, so please try not to sound like you're on a higher pedestal than me when we both have the same ground so far as the series goes.

That's not condescension,it's honesty. You were being presumptuous by saying that I helped to prove your theory, when I didn't agree so I said so. I am just blunt you should know this by now. Your post did not make me realize that I helped prove your theory because in my mind you did not. I don't agree. Remember you said I was on higher pedestal, I did not. I made it clear that I am not speaking out of arrogance. I believe my memory is a bit freshener than a lot of you because I watch Aquarion all the time and watched in recently while watching EVOL. It has been one of my top 5 anime since I discovered Anime nearly 10 years ago. When I'm in-between series I watch Aquarion or Vandread, or Samurai Deeper Kyo because KK is my favorite Seiyuu.

There has been NOTHING that says, Amata is Apollon to me. NEVER HAS. This loving, caring, emotional person that you think Amata embodies...DOES NOT EXIST in Aquarion OS or OVA. If he does, it's because it's an ALL NEW character in EVOL.

If that's rude to you, than I am sorry but as far as I am concerned you failed to convince me that I could be wrong. I am willing to concede he may not be Sylvie BUT I will not say he might be Apollon when there is NOTHING that can make me say it because I have yet to see that.

Will answer the rest later. I don't have time right now
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 10:40   Link #3093
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Er...Mithra is the name of the Dimension Gate. Missiglinis or however you spell it is the name of Kagura's ship
Kagura's mecha is called MITHRA GNIS. It's from official site.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 10:44   Link #3094
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I keep mixing up these random terms and the only ones I remember are EVOL and Spada, I have no idea what fail-mode Aquarion is even called. Seems that the mecha is still Mithra though. (pingva is such a ninja)

That said, unless episode six is really going to go down in the record books for being incredibly inconsistent with the rest of plot, Kagura does not react to the Spada as he does to the EVOL despite the fact that Zessica is in both. So that sort of rules out any real ambiguity that the first episode may have had... unless, again, episode six is just back-ass-wards inconsistent.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:36   Link #3095
Arya

Poor Zessica. Anyways, no one here has ever defined her a bitch. And in regard of her behavior in the early episodes, she hadn't any ill intentions. She was playing a bit with the tenseness of Amata and Mikono. No need to compare her behavior with RL.
Surely her actual behavior is a bit odd for triangle love standards. But nobody here, I guess, is expecting her to snap a la Kaede.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:56   Link #3096
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
It would seem that Aquarion and Mithra are needed for across the block sense of smell. Something to amplify on both ends.
So it seems.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:36   Link #3097
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post

I don't really have it out for Zessica -- really -- but I find it interesting how different everyone's reads on her are vis-a-vis the other characters. For the others we all seem to have the same ideas about what kind of characters they are, we just disagree about how we feel about them; Zessica's still open-ended enough that there's still plenty of disagreement about why type of character she is.

And I agree it's interesting how much focus Yunoha and Jin are getting, but I'm just going to wait and see how things turn out rather than speculate about the future.
I cannot see Zessica turning to the dark side and becoming butthurt love crazy à la Kagura. Really. It would be a gigantic asspull. Unlike Kagura, Zessica is not alone (she's at least one very good friend : mix), she's not nuts and not stupid. (Sorry my fellow Kagura's fans, but you know it's true). She's been shown to be able to stay courteous if not friendly to Mikono, despite the jellyness. For the little incident with the pole, it seems that like Amata, she doesn't have full control on her ability outside of the aquarion, and thet it can activate when experiencing strong emotions.

But her unwillingly provoking a Donar-like incident (in the case it's the jellyness and not love that makes the Aquarion go berserk) I can accept.

On another topic. It seems it's going to not end to well for either Jin, Yunoha or both.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:44   Link #3098
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
So it seems.
Yup, would seem to be the case.

Episode 1 & 2:
- Mithra/Kagura + Aquaria(M)/Andy/Cayenne/Maloy and Aquaria(F)/Mix/Sazanka/Zessica = No Reaction.
- Mithra/Kagura + Evol/Amata/Mikono/Zessica/Cayenne = Strong Kagura Reaction
- Evol/Cayenne = Premonition with Kagura appearing with Mikono before any of them had met in person.

Episode 5:
- Kagura + Mikono = Strong Reaction from Kagura, Mikono, and Aquarion (???)
- Kagura + Amata = No smell, a puzzled reaction from Kagura.
- Kagura + Shrade = Peculiar smell like *that* woman. (Who is *that* woman? If it was Mikono, I'd expect him to be a bit more possessive. Makes me think it might be Alicia.)

Episode 6:
- Mithra/Kagura + Vector/Cayenne = No Reaction.
- Mithra/Kagura + Vector/Zessica = Chase but quickly abandoned when...
- Mithra/Kagura + Amata/Mikono = Strong Kagura Reaction.
- Mithra/Kagura + Evol/Amata/Shrade/Zessica = No Reaction.

Would seem to pretty clearly make Mikono the necessary component for Kagura getting his panties in a bunch. He's faced Zessica four times: the first time is no reaction, the second time is a bit vague, the third time we're a bit confused (but we can rule it out on the logic previously presented and that seems solid, that Kagura needs proximity to actually be sure what smell he's following), but the final time he shows no reaction to a scenario that is almost identical to the first episode without Cayenne/Mikono present but we've already ruled out that Kagura wasn't smelling Cayenne.

So...

Shall we be ready for some future inconsistencies?
Old 2012-03-21, 13:16   Link #3099
miketyson

Vena: back in episode 1 didn't Kagura/Mithra smell Mikono from far way before she and Amata got in the vector?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:48   Link #3100
Zuul

I think you guys are over-optimistic if you expect Kagura to have some sort of brutal enlightment that his nose was wrong all along next episode, and decide to abduct Zessica or Shushu instead of Mikono.

It makes no sense with what has been building up.

Dramatically speaking it would be incredibely underwhelming (especially ShushuXD).
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction