AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2008-10-17, 10:25   Link #281
lightl

well they can be a bit pricey but are realible , and there shipping is EMS only, its always best to buy more than 1 item if you dnt liek the shipping prices
well another place I use is http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/ if you cna get past registering or use bablefish etc they also ship to US aswell they charge in Yen, never had a problem with them either
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 01:52   Link #282
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
I was looking for a place where I could by light novels(Japanese) and the only place where I could find that sold them in the US was Himeyashop. How reliable are they? I am a little leery of them because I usually buy from yesasia or sasugabooks and I would end up paying them a lot of money for the novels I want(kinda sucks considering that they go for 595 yen in japan and that coverts roughly $5.82 US and they have them marked up to $11) also their shipping prices seem very high. I would end up paying $106($67 books + $39 shipping) which is a lot of money.
Try bk1.

I got 2 light novels for about $23. Yes, that INCLUDES shipping.

And it only took about a two weeks to come to my house.

Anyway, it's better than Amazon.co.jp I think.
MatriXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 12:06   Link #283
RandomxImage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
well they can be a bit pricey but are realible , and there shipping is EMS only, its always best to buy more than 1 item if you dnt liek the shipping prices
well another place I use is http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/ if you cna get past registering or use bablefish etc they also ship to US aswell they charge in Yen, never had a problem with them either
Do you happen to know the shipping rate in mangaoh? I'm currently using bk1 for mangas, but they don't have magazines. So I think I'll try mangaoh.
RandomxImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 20:18   Link #284
lightl

well they there products by EMS so its dependent on the weight
well my most recent order shiped it came to about 3600 yen for shipping that was 2 magazine, and 4 bound comic books,, so if your order like 2-3 magazine I could see shipping being no more than 3,000yen, unles its those thick magaize could be a bit more

Last edited by lightl; 2008-10-30 at 14:10.
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:00   Link #285
evil

Was wondering if anyone knows good stores around the US east coast? Any store that sells manwha are also welcomed.
I only know of 3 stores(JP ones), all in manhattan.
Kinokuniya
Asahiya
Bookoff

EDIT:
Found 2 korean websites that sell manhwa
http://www.aladdin.co.kr/
http://www.kyobobook.co.kr/

I haven't tried them, but when I checked the shipping by going through the checkout... The shipping from kr to us seemed to cost a arm and a leg. Wondering if anyone else has any sites that sell manhwa and shipping doesn't cost a arm and a leg.

EDIT2:
I just read somewhere that aladdin.co.kr gives free shipping for orders above $200. Could anyone confirm for me?
Thanks.

Last edited by evil; 2008-11-23 at 09:48. Reason: Question..
evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 21:52   Link #286
Mialy

Hi guys, lately I've been searching for a good site that sells manga and has cheap shipping to Canada, and while searching google, I found this site: http://www.bestmangabooks.com/ (english manga only though). Has anyone tried buying from this site before? The shipping and manga prices seem very cheap, imo. So, I was wondering if they are reliable.
Mialy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 13:34   Link #287
Solafighter
Hige

Im looking for the 8 novels of Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora. Can anyone help, where to find them, please?

(Since i have good experience with the Onegai Twins novels, i want to read the 8 of hanbun(!). I just discovered today, that there are 8 out... Omg.. must buy.. )

Thanks a lot.
Old 2008-11-26, 21:44   Link #288
NaweG
Just some guy

Possible to purchase subscriptions of Japanese Lang Manga Mags for US Delivery?

Is it possible to purchase a one-year subscription to Dengeki Daioh or Doki! (or preferably both) through some store? I don't mind prepaying for a year's worth of issues, just would like to not have to remember to log in every month and possibly miss out if they sell out.
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 21:49   Link #289
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

If you're looking for Hanbun in English, I don't think it's been licensed. According to Wikipedia it's out in Chinese and Korean, but I don't know where to get those editions. You can get the originals from bk1, Kinokuniya, or other places.
mako1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 22:02   Link #290
dosetsu

Sagusa Books and Fujisan both do subscriptions.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 04:26   Link #291
Solafighter
Hige

mmmmh, i kinda thought so... to bad ...

Thanks for the info.
Old 2008-11-30, 16:40   Link #292
Solafighter
Hige

Ok i have another question. I googeled for 15 minutes but i couldnt find anything.

Its about the Kanon novels(all 5 volumes). Are these translated and aviable in english or do i have a missfortune again and they are only in japan aviable?

Well im sorry for asking again, but i cant see through it yet.

Thanks a lot ahead.
Old 2008-11-30, 20:23   Link #293
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

If nothing turns up when you Google, then most likely it's not available in English. Generally if something's been licensed, it'll turn up on Amazon and other places. Keep in mind that relatively few light novels have been licensed. The fan-translated ones are all at Baka-Tsuki.
Old 2008-12-01, 10:37   Link #294
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako1138 View Post
If nothing turns up when you Google, then most likely it's not available in English. Generally if something's been licensed, it'll turn up on Amazon and other places. Keep in mind that relatively few light novels have been licensed. The fan-translated ones are all at Baka-Tsuki.
Ah ok understand. Thank you a lot.

When someoneelse knows something, please let me know.

Thank you.
Old 2008-12-08, 23:46   Link #295
EvaForever

Where can i find japanese manga in san diego county?
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 23:54   Link #296
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Book Cafe J, Sanseido, BookOff. I wish there was a BookOff up here in NorCal...
Old 2008-12-12, 16:54   Link #297
batouttahell

Does anyone know if english versions of the Ninku manga have been published? I've been searching but have managed to find only the chinese and french versions.
batouttahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 18:24   Link #298
EvaForever

Is gunslinger girl still licensed by adv?
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 09:13   Link #299
AyaToujo
Ichigo 100% Forever~

does amazon.jp deliver worldwide?

also i search for Ichigo 100% novels help me please, where to buy and i need it deliver to israel
AyaToujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 11:46   Link #300
loempiavreter

Dr Masterbooks in problems??

Does anyone know what's the deal? I mean the releasedate has been passed a few weeks for Purgatory Kabuki Volume. 2 but it is still not in stock, at all the retailers. I tried to mail them and ask when they do come in stock... but I get no reply from them.

Also the main page is not updated any more?
http://www.drmasterbooks.com/
loempiavreter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, import, japanese language, manga