AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-14, 11:33   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Do you think Kiba fights fair?

I just thought this would be an interesting topic to talk about. I know Akamaru is a part of his ninja training and use and such but do you think the soldier pill is fair? Its like saying steroids are legal in baseball because you still have to make contact with the baseball. Once Kiba used the soldier pill he became very fierce and he was quick enough to interrupt Naruto's Seals. I just think the soldier pill was something that should not be allowed in an exam. Thats like me being a nina getting flash bombs, grenades, 2 pistols, a katana, 3 soldier pills, land mines, and my friend Jeff to fight along side me because he could be considered a ninja tool (i usually make him run in and take most of the damage then i do the rest). Shurikens and such can be legal because you have to aim with them and be skilled but a soldier pill boosts abilities that originally aren't there so that should not be considered fair. I know this topic is pretty pointless but its just something for conversation.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 11:37   Link #2
Palani
///_^

It might not be fair, but it is hella smart and strong. And many people use tools. Kankuro has his puppet. If he'd study strong ninja attacks himself and he could control it with one hand then he could do serious damage to the opponent while it's distracted. And why one hand you ask, Haku style, one handed seals.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 11:42   Link #3
ShikaShika
無罪

You just have to get a soldier pill yourself, I don't see how it's unfair. It's Naruto's damn fault for not having any.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 11:54   Link #4
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

I don't see why it should...?

becoming a ninja has not much to do with fair, it is about winning and acomplishing missions. the end justifys the means: It doesn't matter anything how you do it: just win. and since it is a test to see how far each individual can go, that's the only rule: you are the only person allowed to fight. bring in everything damn thing you want, as long as it is not human. (see what I mean? people don't give a damn sh*t about how you do it, just do it!)
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 12:21   Link #5
Shadamehr

From dictionary.com, definition #8 of fair:

Consistent with rules, logic, or ethics.

So, since the rules state that it is a legal tactic, it was perfectly fair. Like Akamaru said, it was Naruto's fault for *not* having one.

Also, note that Asuma said that the soldier pill is particularly useful for Kiba. Thus, it would be *unfair* of Naruto to expect Kiba not to use one.

Picture this, Guy A and Guy B get into a fight. A is better with swords, B is better with his fists. Guy A draws his sword and gets ready to skewer B. B leaves his sword in his sheath, and chooses to fight with his fists. Furthermore, he says to A, "Dude, I'm just using my fists, you should put your sword away."

A replies, "Umm, but I have no idea how to fight with my fists. You can use a sword too you know..."

B says, "But I suck with swords. Therefore, I demand in the spirit of fairness that you put your sword away."

In this situation, A is clearly better than B, because they have swords, and in a swordfight, A would kick B's ass. It is unreasonable for B to expect A to put his sword away and fight in a manner that is to B's advantage.

Now, it's the same thing with Kiba and his soldier pills. Say he runs across some other ninja Bob. Bob can beat Kiba w/o soldier pills. But because Kiba is well-suited to using soldier pills, if they both use the pills, Kiba will win. Is it fair for Bob to say "Hey, I'm not using pills, so you shouldn't either?" Heck no.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 12:27   Link #6
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

There is no such thing as fair in a life or death fight. You should always use any means necessary to ensure that you and/or your friends survive. If you are gonna put it that way you can say that most of the Genins dont fight fair because they all use something the others dont have.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 12:34   Link #7
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega98767
but a soldier pill boosts abilities that originally aren't there so that should not be considered fair.
I personally don't see how a pill can boost something that doesn't exist...cause if it didn't exist...i can't be boosted right? I think it was perfectly fair for him to use the pill, cause it's just one of his skills that he's learning to master...and of course it's advantageous to him cause if everyone was able to take the pill, then the pill would be somewhat pointless...

just like sasuke has his sharingan, neji and hinata have the byukagen (sp?), gaara has the sand etc etc..each one has their own special skill and each one fights using those skills that benefit them in one way or another...it'd be pretty boring fights if everyone had the same techniques would't you say?
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:09   Link #8
A Lamer
あほぉ&

steriods are illegal because not only are they potentially deadly, but they're addictive. Thats why they're illegal in baseball. As far as we know, soldier pills are neither.

Spoiler for non manga readers:
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:12   Link #9
Stereo Ninja

Send a message via AIM to Stereo Ninja
In the battle where Sasuke took on the French Foreign Legion, he was mortally wounded and that's why he can't use the Saiyan Sharingan AS good anymore. He can still use it but it's effect is no where as strong as it used to be. The episode where Naruto learned the Dancing Sword Technique is where it explains Sasuke's injury.
Stereo Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:21   Link #10
LithKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Ninja
In the battle where Sasuke took on the French Foreign Legion, he was mortally wounded and that's why he can't use the Saiyan Sharingan AS good anymore. He can still use it but it's effect is no where as strong as it used to be. The episode where Naruto learned the Dancing Sword Technique is where it explains Sasuke's injury.
Huh?? Are we watching (reading ) the same series?

Speaking of unfair if soilder pills are unfair how about having a freaking demon locked up inside you giving you extra chakra.....the pill makes Kiba faster/stronger but Kyubi makes Naruto dang near unstopable.

[or Sasukes Sharigan, or Neji's Byucgen (I know really bad spelling)]

Life ain't fair and neither are fictional ninja battles.

Last edited by LithKage; 2004-04-14 at 13:23. Reason: Needed to quote
LithKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:25   Link #11
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

those pills as well as forbiddon techs were allowed in the test because the test is to see if they can handle them. ON real missions they will have to be ready to deal with these things if the test doesn't test their ability to do that then it is worthless.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:44   Link #12
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Might i add that Kiba is a Ninja.
Ninja is supposed to fight with stealth, cunning and most of the times they fight dirty as long as a job gets done.
Samurai fights with honor....well most of 'em anyway...

Master Ran
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:47   Link #13
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
Might i add that Kiba is a Ninja.
Ninja is supposed to fight with stealth, cunning and most of the times they fight dirty as long as a job gets done.
Samurai fights with honor....well most of 'em anyway...

Master Ran
agreed, do whatever it takes to get the job done.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:04   Link #14
kakashilion
has big feet

What about Shino and his bugs, or garra with his sand. I know these are different than soldier pills but they both help attack and defend the user without them actually being a part of them.

I know this is really a loose argument but its worth pointing out, i think...
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:11   Link #15
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
What about Shino and his bugs, or garra with his sand. I know these are different than soldier pills but they both help attack and defend the user without them actually being a part of them.

I know this is really a loose argument but its worth pointing out, i think...
no loose argument at all!! I think, if I had to point at something unfair, Gaara's sand would be the first one I'd choose! man, think of it: what is Gaara worth without his os so precious sand?? he never had to do anything, never worked his skills (I'm a [non spoiler], so I'm taking conclusion from what I know, I might be wrong...), and that poor Lee, well, needless to start about Lee and working... and who won? exactly. and he wasn't even genius!! he just had a father that lost quite some screws.... that's exactly what I call unfair.

edit>> forgot about Shino: I think that isn't unfair, because he pais a lot of chackra for the bugs, so it's less unfair than Gaara, much less... (and yes, I know, Gaara pays for it too, with all the nightmares and soltitudes, but it's just... just... different!)
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:16   Link #16
Casshern

Don't forget that in the end Naruto took advantage of the soldier pills effects by farting. It makes sense if the rulemakers made the soldier pill legal because they saw that it's inherent weaknesses balanced out it's strength.

Edit: Naruto also complained that Kiba having Akamaru was unfair, but in the end he took advantage of that too by disguising himself as Akamaru.

Edit 2: Hey Master Ran, cool avatar! What episode is it from?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:35   Link #17
faith4

the soilder pill might not be fair. but still thats wat ninjas are allowed to do.
i think that epsiode is in #21-25 btw there.
but i think he made it or edit it.
faith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:40   Link #18
Maxter
Boku wa Great desu! Ehehe

There are no real rules in real ninja-battles, so why should there be in Chuunin Exams or whatever? They are made to be like real battles after all. If you don't get used to people using pills or tools in training an "friendly" matches, you're just going to beat up bad when it's the real thing.
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:44   Link #19
Gai-Kakashi

Since when are Ninjas supposed to be fair? That kind of defeats the point now doesn't it?
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 14:45   Link #20
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
yeah and remember, Hayate said that in these prelims, fights go on until some one passes out, someone gives up, or someone dies. Of course, other jounins can always come and stop the fight, but at the price of forfeiting their respective student's match.

Kiba's pill thing, as illegal as it seems, was perfectly fine.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LittleLaptopChan; 2004-04-14 at 16:25.
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote