Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-22, 04:54   Link #301
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya that's actually a bit of a broken argument right there
to put it simply, what would Whitebeard do is the same situation?

Bonny's powers appear to be hax to the point where even the strongest man would not be able to do anything... but are they hax, or do we just not know enough about them? frankly i imagine BB being able to suck her in and grab a hold of her before she even has a chance to use abilities and take her out in one shot
If that was the case he would have done the same with Magellan.
But he didn't soooo yeah.
Old 2010-02-22, 07:39   Link #302
janipani

Well I wanna see BB serious, I mean really serious. Even when he faced Magellan, they were like taking day trip in Impel Down. And now they are out like nothing happened. Even Luffy almost died from the poison.

Magellan did say though that he used too much poison when fighting with Luffy. So maybe he was using his poison differently on BB.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-02-22, 07:57   Link #303
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Don't forget BB and his crew were administered an antidote by Shiryuu. It's no wonder they didn't suffer as much as Luffy who wasn't healed by conventional means. And it seems Magellan didn't use as much poison variety as he did with Luffy, or else no antidote would have worked.
Old 2010-02-22, 09:45   Link #304
striderm
Adusa #1

For all we know he could've just as easily wanted to see how being poisoned felt, fully knowing that Shiryuu would get him the antidote. We don't know what all happened between BB and Magellan.
Old 2010-02-22, 10:32   Link #305
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, that is the problem with Blackbeard, he never seems to realize when he's about to get attacked, seeing as he got hit by Ace's Fire Fist, Luffy's Jet Pistol, and even Magellan's poison.

That aside, Blackbeard is extremely powerful, and knows what he's doing. If we recall, he WAS the one who put the scars on Shank's face~
Still his power has to much of a drawback. I think even luffy could defeat him
Old 2010-02-22, 10:56   Link #306
janipani

^if Luffy could beat BB now we wouldn't need whole character in this show.

Old 2010-02-22, 11:37   Link #307
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
That aside, Blackbeard is extremely powerful, and knows what he's doing. If we recall, he WAS the one who put the scars on Shank's face~
You base this from where? He put one scar on Shank's face, even though Shanks said he wasnt being careless that may have been before he was a Yonkou and putting a scar on someone means nothing.

I can scar Chuck Norris I can scar Jackie Chan with a knife doesn't mean I am nearly as strong as him.

I am not saying that he is weak I'm just saying that you guys are hyping him like he can beat Whitebeard in his sleep.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-02-22, 11:58   Link #308
janipani

Were are just assuming that he is going to be the main rival for Luffy. And then he is obviously going to be very strong . We have got hints that backs up this theory.

Of course we can argue if someone can scar superior opponent or not, but since this is a story we can also assume that things happen for reason.

In the Archipelago Island we met some other rival candidates, eleven supernovas. I guess some of them are going to face BB before Luffy does. It's going to be interesting And this is how we are able to follow the progress of which one BB or Luffy is stronger.

btw: eleven supernovas.. wasn't we introduced to only 9 characters, which means two remaining are Luffy and BB?

Old 2010-02-22, 12:34   Link #309
Azncoke123

No there was 11 supernova. Maybe you forgot to include Luffy and Zoro?

Anyways the way I see the supernova are def. rivals to the SH but also ally. Being new pirates and all, and will become the next generation to take over the ocean. Maybe Kidd and Law becoming youkus and what not.
Old 2010-02-22, 12:38   Link #310
janipani

Will see will see x) Some how I have a feeling that some of the supernovas are going to be crushed by BB

Old 2010-02-22, 13:02   Link #311
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
You base this from where? He put one scar on Shank's face, even though Shanks said he wasnt being careless that may have been before he was a Yonkou and putting a scar on someone means nothing.
I'm sorry, but comments like this are facepalm worthy. Shanks treats Blackbeard as a big threat and that's all there is to it.

Quote:
I am not saying that he is weak I'm just saying that you guys are hyping him like he can beat Whitebeard in his sleep.
No one is hyping Blackbeard to this degree. This is only your imagination.

Come on guys, this discussion is starting to get ridiculous. The bottom line is that Blackbeard is serious business.
Old 2010-02-22, 13:08   Link #312
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

Come on guys, this discussion is starting to get ridiculous. The bottom line is that Blackbeard is serious business.
Since there is no One Piece this week, expect far more of this discussion, as well as other "silly" discussions (that we will all partake in, if only to pass the time in wait for the next chapter ).
Old 2010-02-22, 13:16   Link #313
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Since there is no One Piece this week, expect far more of this discussion, as well as other "silly" discussions (that we will all partake in, if only to pass the time in wait for the next chapter ).
It seems like a lot of people in this forum have beef with Blackbeard, which I find to be quite funny. I can understand not liking a character because they don't appeal to you, but give them credit where it's due.
Old 2010-02-22, 13:45   Link #314
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
I'm sorry, but comments like this are facepalm worthy. Shanks treats Blackbeard as a big threat and that's all there is to it.
Because he told Whitebeard that he doesnt think Ace is strong enough to beat Blackbeard yet? Doesn't seem like Shank treats BB as a giant threat to anything but Ace's safety if they fight.

Quote:
No one is hyping Blackbeard to this degree. This is only your imagination.

Dude its called exaggeration it was just my point he is being hyped a lot without showing all that much, all we can say for sure is that he was strong enough to beat Ace we just don't have full knowledge on how that beatdown occured so any number of factors could have led to it.

BB is strong and serious business yes, I just don't think he is all that strong.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-02-22, 13:52   Link #315
janipani

So do you think some of supernova actually is more powerful than Blackbeard.. more special ?

That is very unlikely.

Old 2010-02-22, 13:53   Link #316
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If Oda is going to fully reference the real Blackbeard, Edward Teach, Marshall D Teach here should be way more terrifying.

Its about time Blackbeard reveals himself to the world and start terrorising the seas.

I'm not even a fan of Blackbeard, but he's obviously set up as a great villian and there shouldn't be any doubt that he is going to be very strong.

Its not like Shanks shrugged off his scar as nothing. He said that he still feels the pain from it and its ominousness. He even tells Whitebeard, the strongest man in the world to be careful of Blackbeard. If Blackbeard's scar meant nothing, would there be any need from Shanks to say such things?

Blackbeard is a man that the Yonkous fear.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-02-22, 14:20   Link #317
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Because he told Whitebeard that he doesnt think Ace is strong enough to beat Blackbeard yet? Doesn't seem like Shank treats BB as a giant threat to anything but Ace's safety if they fight.
Shanks had a meeting with Whitebeard to discuss two things:

1) To call Ace back, otherwise there would be serious consequences (like we're witnessing right now in the current arc).

2) To warn Whitebeard about how dangerous Blackbeard can potentially be.

This "great incident" was instigated by Blackbeard, and I believe it is the prelude to the "rampaging era" that Shanks doesn't want to happen. That being said, it's fairly obvious that Blackbeard is a big threat in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
Dude its called exaggeration it was just my point he is being hyped a lot without showing all that much, all we can say for sure is that he was strong enough to beat Ace we just don't have full knowledge on how that beatdown occured so any number of factors could have led to it.
But there is valid reasoning as to why Blackbeard is being hyped up a lot.
Old 2010-02-22, 15:30   Link #318
janipani

There is also D.-name symbolism.

That is good to keep in mind.

Old 2010-02-22, 15:40   Link #319
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
For all we know he could've just as easily wanted to see how being poisoned felt, fully knowing that Shiryuu would get him the antidote. We don't know what all happened between BB and Magellan.
Naw, more like luck was on his side. Its not talkin down on him, luck happens to be on the side of the Will of D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Were are just assuming that he is going to be the main rival for Luffy. And then he is obviously going to be very strong . We have got hints that backs up this theory.

Of course we can argue if someone can scar superior opponent or not, but since this is a story we can also assume that things happen for reason.

In the Archipelago Island we met some other rival candidates, eleven supernovas. I guess some of them are going to face BB before Luffy does. It's going to be interesting And this is how we are able to follow the progress of which one BB or Luffy is stronger.

btw: eleven supernovas.. wasn't we introduced to only 9 characters, which means two remaining are Luffy and BB?
The other 2 Supernovas are non-captains, Killer and Zoro.
Blackbeard might be a main rival. Or maybe Oda will make the main rival someone of honor and dignity, kinda like Whitebeard. It would defeat the purpose if Blackbeard is the strongest next to Luffy. Becuz if Blackbeard isn't out of the picture the Rampaging Era wont end. I think there is a few characters who will be stronger, or able to rival, Blackbeard.
Quote:
It seems like a lot of people in this forum have beef with Blackbeard, which I find to be quite funny. I can understand not liking a character because they don't appeal to you, but give them credit where it's due.
Blackbeard is Will of D. character, so I'm expecting a lot from him. I just think you guys are expecting too much too soon. People are saying shit like...

"oh he stood there and let Magellan poison him"

"He's as strong as Shanks (who is a Yonkou, has Haoushoku Haki, and nobody knows if he has a DF or not".We know he didn't have one when he met Luffy because Luffy ate it, before him.

"He can take Whitebeard". Even in the state he is in, the man just destroyed half of Marineford in 1-2 punches. You really think Blackbeard can stand against that man's power by himself! SMFH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
So do you think some of supernova actually is more powerful than Blackbeard.. more special ?

That is very unlikely.
I think some of them will in the future, or like I said before, be able to rival Blackbeard. I'm hoping for Law, Kidd, Hawkins, and Drake, the top 4 besides Luffy.

Blackbeard will be another Lion King Shiki. A very powerful character, in the elite league of Pirates. Prolly end up being in the Top 5 of Pirates, I can see Blackbeard being a fearsome pirate but not one of the Yonkou's (at least he wont be when its all said and done). He will a character that will be able to rival the new era's Yonkou.

Old 2010-02-22, 15:43   Link #320
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I'd pretty much have to say that BB is the heir to the strongest in the world title. He might not have beaten WB...but i think its pretty clear he is. The fact that he managed to recruit some legendary pirates & sum1 like Shiryuu to his crew is a testament to his strength.
Closed Thread