AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-01, 17:53   Link #3241
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Is that what's it's going to be or what you're hoping for? I'd like to see that fight as much as Medaka vs Shiranui. There's a good chance Zen might lose to her if he can't really bring himself to harm her... Or Shiranui is as dangerous as I think she is.
I must admit that Zen vs Shiranui would be really interesting not only for the reasons you say.
Would be interesting if Shinarui know about Zen and Ajimu relationship(whatever it is) and do something to force him to remember her, I mean i totaly can see her do somenthing like that just to see what happens next.
of course, always if she know about them

Last edited by Soji; 2011-03-01 at 18:11.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 21:05   Link #3242
Iron21

The last battle of the council battles right?

Not the manga right?
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 22:19   Link #3243
Shadow5YA

Whoa... that's quite a jab Ajimu threw at shounen manga.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 22:51   Link #3244
O.F Death

Huh, looks like Kumagawa's original Minus is 'Hundred Gauntlets', which I associate with speed for some reason. Plus he no longer has that creepy smile on his face. I think there is going to be an incredibly brutal fight waiting for us.

Also.... Holy crap, Ajimu.
Spoiler for Her words:
Her personality is a lot colder than I thought it would be.
O.F Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:05   Link #3245
Iron21

So....Who's going to stop Ajimu, if she decide to take out the trash.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:14   Link #3246
Xacual

She has over a trillion abnormalities....

It's kind of hard to think there is any possible way she could have died. I mean chapter 88 showed that she was the original owner of All-Fiction and loaned it to Kumagawa so how could there be anyway she could die.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:30   Link #3247
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
There's always the possibility that she allowed herself to get killed by Kumagawa, she does seem to have a type of affection towards him.
It also doesn't seem like she's dead anyway, she seems to transcend death in a way, I have an odd feeling like she will eventually come back.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:40   Link #3248
Sixth
Hu Tao

What's up with all those ability trade? It is kinds silly in my opinion.

It would be hilarious if Shiranui ate all Ajimu's abilities.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:46   Link #3249
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
There's always the possibility that she allowed herself to get killed by Kumagawa, she does seem to have a type of affection towards him.
Didn't the chapter show that she was faking it and was playing him?

With that many abnormalities, she could be and act in any way she wants to, and no one could pry into her real personality.

It looks Ajimu is using everyone. The way it was worded, it sounded like Ajimu hates both sides, good and evil. Anyone with a desire or strong opinion polarizes their character, making them either loved or hated. Maybe that's the type of person that Ajimu likes to manipulate but also hates. When Kumagawa was going to concede defeat and go with the flow, Ajimu sounded like she was trying to provoke him to beg for something.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 00:22   Link #3250
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

That exchange between Kumagawa and Ajimu just sent chills up my spine while reading it. I've been looking forward to this Medaka vs. Kumagawa fight for a while now. But even after that, I'm highly interested in how Medaka and the Student Council will handle Ajimu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
As it stands, only Medaka and Shiranui if we are talking in a straight up fight I'd imagine. Medaka if she can use "The End" to basically out God-mode Ajimu and Shiranui if she can just eat all of Ajimu's abilities.

But considering what Ajimu just said in this chapter, I'd imagine Medaka will make Ajimu her next goal after she finishes reforming Kumagawa.
Old 2011-03-02, 00:30   Link #3251
Xion Valkyrie

It's over 9000!

Seriously surprised at Ajimu's character. Although I guess with Medaka being God mode, you need an even more powerful God to make a good antagonist.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:04   Link #3252
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
What's up with all those ability trade? It is kinds silly in my opinion.
Shiranui trading out Hinokage's abnormality was important to make things come full circle for his character.

As for Ajimu, it might be that "Lip Service" only lets her give one ability but she has to take another back if someone already has one. Thats just me guessing the conditions for that ability though. We also don't know if Ajimu took Kumagawa's original Minus without asking or if he begged her for All-Fiction beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It's over 9000!

Seriously surprised at Ajimu's character. Although I guess with Medaka being God mode, you need an even more powerful God to make a good antagonist.
There is that, but also it sets the stage for the next conflict of ideals. First there were the Pluses(13 Party) who disdained normal people and wanted everyone else to be like them.

Then the Minus(Minus 13) came and displayed their hatred for the Pluses who were always the "Winners" while the Minuses were the "Losers". Kumagawa being the leader basically wanted to get rid of any Pluses so no one would be better than anyone else.

Now we have Ajimu who has an astronomical amount of Plus and Minus abilities and fittingly she appears to believe she is above the petty differences between both sides. Since she has both she appears to see them as the same. What her next move is who knows but I'd imagine she takes center stage after the Plus and Minus overcome their differences.
Old 2011-03-02, 01:17   Link #3253
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Why is Kumagawa getting all the protagonist lines? "I want to beat them!" *striking a cool shounen manga pose*
Kinda seems like Medaka-chan's the villain here =/
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:22   Link #3254
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm waiting for Zen and Kumagawa to be in the same room with Ajimu.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:44   Link #3255
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Why is Kumagawa getting all the protagonist lines? "I want to beat them!" *striking a cool shounen manga pose*
Kinda seems like Medaka-chan's the villain here =/
That's because she is. I've believed that since the beginning. >.>

But seriously, what defines a villain? Good and evil are subjective. It's society that defines what's right and wrong. Medaka wants to help everyone and make them happy, which makes her a good guy. Kumagawa wants to destroy a bunch of people, which makes him bad.... But is he? After all, he just wants to make sure everyone is equal, and equality is a good thing. See what I'm getting at? For people like Emukae, who was shunned by society, he must have seemed like a hero, someone who would create a society where the hopeless have hope.

I don't agree with anything Kumagawa does, but you can also understand where he's coming from. Picture if you were cursed to fail at everything you're entire life, you'd probably want to bring the high and mighty who seem blessed down a notch as well and Medaka is as high and mighty as there is (and her overconfident personality just adds fuel to the fire).

It's why I don't really see this as a battle of good vs evil. It's more of a battle of the haves vs. the have-nots, which has been waged since the beginning of humanity (and even before... animals fight over stuff, too).
Old 2011-03-02, 05:09   Link #3256
AQVXZ11

It seems that this is the "true" Kumagawa. If he is defeated in this match it would seem that his role in the story would end (unless he turns into a good guy). After all since this is his "real" power, how much higher can he get? Since we still have the other 10 minus plus Shiranui, I think that possibly a new villain will lead the remaining minus. Unless Kumagawa wipes the floor with Medaka with his new power. What do others think of this theory?
AQVXZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 07:06   Link #3257
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
she probably won't

but if she for some reason would, none could stop her, the most powerfull always win, only basing on powers she is the most powerfull of all
the most to do agains't her is to speak it out for a draw

but in my opinion she's something like a guardian of powers balance
see as she helped both zenkichi and kumagawa, she give fair chances to both good and evil (even if she said that even with that evil will lose anyway)
so her doing something directly would unbalance the balance she is creating

EDIT. on a side note, have you noticed the balance in ajimus plus vs minus?
she's plus oriented, so i think she's good in the end (unless her balance change...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That's because she is. I've believed that since the beginning. >.>

But seriously, what defines a villain? Good and evil are subjective. It's society that defines what's right and wrong. Medaka wants to help everyone and make them happy, which makes her a good guy. Kumagawa wants to destroy a bunch of people, which makes him bad.... But is he? After all, he just wants to make sure everyone is equal, and equality is a good thing. See what I'm getting at? For people like Emukae, who was shunned by society, he must have seemed like a hero, someone who would create a society where the hopeless have hope.
you know what is the difference from medaka and kumagawa?
kumagawa: equally miserable, evil, sad
medaka: equally successful, good, happy

kumagawa aim to solve the lack of equality, removing the high part (bringing all down)
madaka "removing" the bottom (bringing all up)

in a way, they are complementary, acting at the same time they togheter bring equality for neutrals, and a mid way for both plus and minus

Last edited by zeando; 2011-03-02 at 07:28.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 07:56   Link #3258
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
she probably won't

but if she for some reason would, none could stop her, the most powerfull always win, only basing on powers she is the most powerfull of all

but in my opinion she's something like a guardian of powers balance
see as she helped both zenkichi and kumagawa, she give fair chances to both good and evil (even if she said that even with that evil will lose anyway)
so her doing something directly would unbalance the balance she is creating

she's plus oriented, so i think she's good in the end (unless her balance change...)

kumagawa aim to solve the lack of equality, removing the high part (bringing all down)

in a way, they are complementary, acting at the same time they togheter bring equality for neutrals, and a mid way for both plus and minus
Actually, while Medaka wants everyone to be happy, she's not trying to make then equal like Kumagawa is. That was the goal of the Flask Plan and why they tried (and failed) to recruit her. While I agree that they are two sides of the same coin, they do have differing goals.

And I think in the end, Zenkichi will be the mid-point-- which is where all the theories about him being a "Zero" comes in. He can see both sides of the Plus/Minus war. In some ways, his personality reminds me of a de-powered Ajimu. She has both plusses and minuses, but favors the plus side (though Kumagawa only meets her negative side). Zenkichi, while not having the powers she has, still can sympathize with both plus and minus but obviously favors the plus side due to Medaka. Something tells me that if they never met, Zen could have easily become a minus himself.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:02   Link #3259
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post

You mean like Oujo or Munakata? Just look at Plus Six and you see: Plus Abnormality =/= Good.

I think, the main difference between plus and minus abnormality is the direction of their development: Plus abnormalities manifest inside the Abnormal´s own body, while minus abnormalities manifest outside. But I suspect, that a plus abnormality can become so strong, it influence the outside, while a Minus abnormality will grow inside (which, of course, will make Shibiku´s life a bloody hell or eventually erase Kumagawa´s existence!)

Quote:
Unless, of course, there is an abnormality, which beats ALL of her skills together! Like for example...

Spoiler:

Yeah, right.

In any case, their is always the second most important fact in a battle manga: Having hax power is one thing, using it successfully another one. How it was glorious shown in Jojo´s Bizarre Adventures: Sometimes even an hax power is not enough to save your ass, in a fight of brains.

There is of course another alternative:

Quote:

Or they find out, that Ajimu is playing both of them against each other, team up and "evil" and "good" kick this attractive eldricht abnormality´s ass in unisono.

No really, since the second battle, I want to see them fighting together just for the luz!
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 09:34   Link #3260
zeando
maybenotimome

well, it's true there isn't a direct bound to plus/minus, good/evil
i think being plus oriented make ajimu being more on the plus side, the side of medaka and of everyone who can be reformed, not so hard as minuses, whose try more to resist

Quote:
Actually, while Medaka wants everyone to be happy, she's not trying to make then equal like Kumagawa is. That was the goal of the Flask Plan and why they tried (and failed) to recruit her.
was sure medaka refused for the way they planned to execute the plan, which violated one freedom to chose what to be (normal/abnormal)
yeah maybe medaka isn't making anyone successful, but focusing more on being happy, maybe thinking being happy means being successful :/ boh..

again about ajimu, personally don't see what's so bad about her, judjing only her actions she has helped both zenkichi and kumagawa (<-- in a way has made kumagawa happy)
words alone means nothing, even if with those she still creeps me xD

Last edited by zeando; 2011-03-02 at 09:45.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council