AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-01-27, 08:02   Link #221
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
From the bastard that made Scary Lacus avatar, I bring you...

Scary Nanoha Avatar! Enjoy.
You're a genius. Rep awarded! That Nanoha's freaky enough for me to put in the next pic set I give to a friend of mine. Here's hoping he doesn't read these boards now that the show's over.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 22:28   Link #222
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

OMG That icon =[]=ili

"Mahou Sentai LyricalRanger"
Main Cast
Nanoha -> LyricalRed (I know it's actually pink...but well ^^)
Fate -> LyricalYellow
Hayate -> LyricalWhite
Yuuno -> LyricalGreen
Chrono -> LyricalBlue

When they join their powers together...the legendary "Asura Robo" is summoned!!

HQ
Lindy -> LyricalTime
Amy -> LyricalOpa (operator)
Graham -> Former LyricalBlack
Lieze Gals -> MaskedLyrical

Tatakau LyricalRanger! Mirai wo Mamotte!

Last edited by Jellyfish Marine; 2006-01-27 at 22:49.
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 22:49   Link #223
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

>w< Thank you very much Madarabe-san

(ah...it seems like I'm having some problem with replying. -w-I'm so confusing, sorry arghh)
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 23:05   Link #224
Lemon
Tiana Lanster Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riria

Oh I give up...no one support Nanoha X Yuuno......

*go cry in a corner*

I Support! i even sometimes draw them together in fanart, only twice with him in human form, screwed up nanohas face both times haha.

i also support Fate and Nanoha just as equally... people like to pair them up in H. mangas alot >>
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 02:16   Link #225
porchoky

sometimes i think they tried to keep any serious romance out of the series, but kept on hinting at stuff just to annoy us.
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 03:02   Link #226
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchoky
sometimes i think they tried to keep any serious romance out of the series, but kept on hinting at stuff just to annoy us.
For crying out loud, Nanoha is only 9 years old. Isn't that enough of a reason to keep any serious romance out of the series? Maybe we'll see some serious romance if they make Nanoha B's, since that will take place after she hits puberty.

Only an actual pedophile would want to see a 9 year old having a serious romance. Either that or someone who just doesn't realize the age of the girl involved. Nanoha was old enough for crushes and infatuations in A's. She was not old enough for serious romance!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 04:11   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've had this "discussion" on other forums ... so thank you, NoSanninWa

The subtlety seems to elude too many people...
Old 2006-01-28, 22:30   Link #228
Riria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
I Support! i even sometimes draw them together in fanart, only twice with him in human form, screwed up nanohas face both times haha.

i also support Fate and Nanoha just as equally... people like to pair them up in H. mangas alot >>
AH! I know you! I went to your fansite a few times! Your fan arts are REALLY good!

YAY! People DO support Nanoha X Yuuno! YAY!!! HAPPY! We should all pitch in and make a fanlisting or somethin!!!

Lol, just an idea...Maybe I'll try to draw a fanart of them...
Riria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 00:01   Link #229
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Only an actual pedophile would want to see a 9 year old having a serious romance. Either that or someone who just doesn't realize the age of the girl involved.
Or a CLAMP fan.

After CCS (among others), a Nanoha/Fate pairing at age 9 seems quite, quite normal.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 01:18   Link #230
Calca
Expressionless

People still don't listen despite all our pleas for sanity!

They are nine years old! Hell girls in real life kiss and rub each other's backs and hug each other all the time at nine years old but we don't call them lesbians!

I seriously hope a new season is made just to shut the people up.

"Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Season 3: Nanoha and Yuuno Date"

also starring Fate and Chrono as the obligatory anime "We're siblings but not blood related siblings and we want each other" pair.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 02:27   Link #231
porchoky

well by serious romance i meant serious for a 9 year old. like crushes/infatuations, excatly. sorry, bad wording i guess. but hey.... CCS, they were what, 6th graders or something, by the end?
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 13:55   Link #232
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by porchoky
well by serious romance i meant serious for a 9 year old. like crushes/infatuations, excatly. sorry, bad wording i guess. but hey.... CCS, they were what, 6th graders or something, by the end?
I believe so, yes. (Going by fuzzy memory... they started at age 10 and ended at age 11 or so.) I'm not going into 20 Menso ni Onegai and such. I mean, it's CLAMP.

I'm personally not seeing any "serious romance" in this show either (despite my fervent fantasies). I'm not entirely certain of the exact definition for "serious romance", mind. Basically I don't think any of the characters have any romantic feelings that cannot be considered "puppy love" or some sort. Of course, there's really no evidence that it won't be (or grow into) a serious romance later, of course.

I'm quite puzzled by the fuss of "they're serious!" "no they're not!" "yes they are!" about the pairings, myself.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 14:36   Link #233
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I wouldn't mind a CCS-like romance in Nanoha, but she's grown up now, so we'll just stick to the normal high school romance

I'm a diehard CCS fan All hail CLAMP and their strange pairings
Old 2006-01-29, 19:32   Link #234
Riria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor

They are nine years old! Hell girls in real life kiss and rub each other's backs and hug each other all the time at nine years old but we don't call them lesbians!

I seriously hope a new season is made just to shut the people up.

"Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Season 3: Nanoha and Yuuno Date"

also starring Fate and Chrono as the obligatory anime "We're siblings but not blood related siblings and we want each other" pair.
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! *hug you to death*

Finally! Someone who actually think logically!

*hug you to death...again*
Old 2006-01-29, 19:43   Link #235
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
All hail CLAMP and their strange pairings
Like getting it on with a personal computer (albeit a cute one) CLAMP have... interesting imaginations certainly (that's why we love 'em )

And personally, it always made me smile to see that embarrassed little look that Fate and Nanoha have a habit of giving each other. Fate x Nanoha FTW heh.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 20:53   Link #236
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor

Because with Nanoha it's fun to laugh about the possible relationships

*hands him some herbal tea* here. Drink this. I hear it's good for your nerves LOL

Anyway, when a friend of mine saw this she was totally for a Nanoha x Yuuno, an Amy x Chrono, Arf x Zaphira and a Fate x Signum. I don't really get that one because Fate is completely on Nanoha!
Old 2006-01-29, 21:40   Link #237
Riria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Because with Nanoha it's fun to laugh about the possible relationships

*hands him some herbal tea* here. Drink this. I hear it's good for your nerves LOL

Anyway, when a friend of mine saw this she was totally for a Nanoha x Yuuno, an Amy x Chrono, Arf x Zaphira and a Fate x Signum. I don't really get that one because Fate is completely on Nanoha!

I think you need some tea also...

I totaly agree with your friend there. Except for Fate X Signum...no offence...Fate deserves someone better...it's just that everyone is already taken....so....there better be someone in the third series (if there's one) for Fate-chan...
Old 2006-01-29, 23:50   Link #238
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Signum would work. She's loyal, honest, determined, and gets on well with Fate already (in a pseudo-macho 'we'll settle this another time' sort of manner). Really, if it wasn't for the 'current' age difference, I'd say they were pretty well matched. Now fast forward 6 years to the teenage version of Fate, and that age problem starts disappearing
The real problem though... is that the Knights don't appear to age. Notice how Vita still looks like a 9 year old even in the 6 years later bit? Though I guess Hayate could change that if she really felt it necessary...

However, I'm still rooting for Nanoha x Fate... they just look really cute together, and cute counts for a lot.
Old 2006-01-30, 07:27   Link #239
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Actually, do you think Arf ages? Being a familiar and obviously having a decent amount of control over her form I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't age either. And for that matter, how cute would Grade Schooler Arf be!?
Old 2006-01-30, 08:36   Link #240
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Well, we've already got puppy Arf... which was like 'Awww... kawaii!' first time I saw it, so yeah, I'm imagine she'd be pretty cute