AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-25, 23:45   Link #541
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's a dragon in Hinterlands?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 23:57   Link #542
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Yeah you can romance her, that's what I am doing with my female elf. Keep it outside the pack
Hehe, yeah I'll probably go Elf again to, probably Elf DW. like in Origins, although whether I play her as a human hater again I dunno. She and Leliana had such a nice thing going on to.
Old 2014-11-26, 00:43   Link #543
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Hehe, yeah I'll probably go Elf again to, probably Elf DW. like in Origins, although whether I play her as a human hater again I dunno. She and Leliana had such a nice thing going on to.
DW Elf Female for Rosabela or w.e, then Male Mage Human for Cassandra then Quinari female and Iron Bull.

got my shipping play throughs ready. lol
Old 2014-11-26, 05:04   Link #544
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

All aboard the shipping cruise!
Old 2014-11-26, 06:05   Link #545
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My Inquisitor will be asexual.
Old 2014-11-26, 07:36   Link #546
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
All aboard the shipping cruise!
Lot easier now that the companions are more interesting.
Old 2014-11-26, 09:35   Link #547
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There's a dragon in Hinterlands?
Yeah sorry if that spoiled anything for you
It is in the game trailers and gameplay videos. Its the lowest level dragon you can face. It is a challenge, well for me it was because my party would move into the fire and then just sit there...

My first playthrough is a Dalish elf with Josie fun so far..
Old 2014-11-26, 09:44   Link #548
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I hate how they simplified (dumbed down?) the tactics screen. The thing I loved the most about DA Origins was the fact that if you spent a while configuring tactics your party would work exactly the way you wanted it to without the need to hold their hand at every encounter.
Sure, you'd still have to micromanage during the big ones (oh revenants...), but for the most part things worked, and if they didn't you could just tweak further.

Now in DA Inquisition I find myself constantly facepalming at Varric firing point-blank and pretending he's a tank while draining my supply of health potions. Got so annoyed, in fact, that I found myself using a party of three melee chars and a mage (my main char)...

...then I ran into the Envy Demon.

*Sigh*
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 10:50   Link #549
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Just gotta go into tactical view and position him your self till they patch.
Old 2014-11-26, 11:11   Link #550
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Oh I know, but having to constantly babysit him feels like a giant step backwards and I'm not very fond of the way the tactical view works... the camera often gets stuck and doesn't really zoom out that much.

It's a good game, but these small(?) things get in the way.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 12:55   Link #551
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The PROBLEM is that the AI is trying to get to a spot for their range to actually HIT! But the AI is retarded and doesn't realize it's right in the DRAGONS LEG. lol

This is why I party with Iron Bull, Cassandra or Blackwall and Solas.
Old 2014-11-26, 13:43   Link #552
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Yeah sorry if that spoiled anything for you
It is in the game trailers and gameplay videos. Its the lowest level dragon you can face. It is a challenge, well for me it was because my party would move into the fire and then just sit there...

My first playthrough is a Dalish elf with Josie fun so far..
Oh I don't know about the "challenging" bit. Just throw a respec on Vivi, max out your knight enchant tree, put remaining into fire, and watch the MAGIC happen.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 14:16   Link #553
james0246

Quick question:

I'm debating on which port of the game I should buy. I've played the previous 2 games on the 360, but I have not picked up a One yet. I do have a PS4 though. So, I was wondering how important the carry over save files from my 360 will be (if they are important, then of course I will buy the 360 version, even if the graphics will probably be the worst of the various ports), or just go for the superior graphics with the PS4 version.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 14:19   Link #554
kasimmorathi

Inquisition does not acutally import your saves directly in the classical sense. Instead, you use Dragon Age: Keep - a web based "game" - where you can select the decisions you wish to be imported over into your Inquisition state.

So you can easily play on PS4 using the same decisions you made on your 360. You just need to manually enter them in through the Keep.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 14:23   Link #555
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmorathi View Post
Inquisition does not acutally import your saves directly in the classical sense. Instead, you use Dragon Age: Keep - a web based "game" - where you can select the decisions you wish to be imported over into your Inquisition state.

So you can easily play on PS4 using the same decisions you made on your 360. You just need to manually enter them in through the Keep.
Great. I can get the best version of the game...that doesn't require a PC.

Thank you for the quick reply .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 17:01   Link #556
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Oh I don't know about the "challenging" bit. Just throw a respec on Vivi, max out your knight enchant tree, put remaining into fire, and watch the MAGIC happen.
Don't really like Vivi, so don't have her in my party
Old 2014-11-27, 01:48   Link #557
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well if I played a rogue or warrior and needed a mage I would probably choose Dorian because dat moustache.
Old 2014-11-27, 08:12   Link #558
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I don't think Vivienne makes a good party member.
She just doesn't seem to like anything, plus, a Knight Enchanter is horrible when played by an AI imo.

Out of the three mages I think I like Solas the best. Rift mage gives pretty good utility and packs a lot of power. Infinite mana rawr!

Warrior wise I think Casandere and Iron Bull are fan favorites, but personally I really liked Blackwall, not just as a tanking class but I think he is a very interesting person with a very strict moral sense.

Rogues are tough picks. I really wanted to keep Varric in the party but artificer tree kind of just suck and Bianca upgrades are scattered.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 08:37   Link #559
Jaden

I'm about 20 hours into the game and digging it!

I must say I was really worried for this game. With DA2 the franchise was consolified and Bioware is known for their clunky and poorly optimized game engines. So I was wondering what kind of disaster they'd brew up for the next gen, but it's surprisingly good. Even at medium-high graphics it's really nice looking, performs well enough, supports much larger and wide open areas than before, even has functional physics. The mouse controls are fine, though could be better for the strategic mode. Micromanaging your party is a lot harder than it should be, and I'm in two minds whether I should just lower the difficulty so I could just ignore the strategic mode altogether...
Old 2014-11-27, 08:56   Link #560
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just finished the game and it was pretty great. The last boss fight was underwhelming, but if you consider the temple fight as one set like battle of Denerim it makes things much..better w. Also like that small Morrigan quest at the end. I'm really glad to see Morrigan develops like that ;_;

Now I'm probably going to make a rogue.. been having fun playing with Cole at the last part of the game instead of using my KE Inquisitor. Having to spam spirit blade like that became pretty boring Though I wouldn't mind doing what quests are left in the end, I'll probably wait for DLC to come and hopefully
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote