AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-02-04, 03:49   Link #421
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow. Well, that was.....quite packed.

So after the underwhelming passing of Amanda Waller, Arrow follows up with one of the most development-packed episodes yet. In short:

Nyssa breaks out with the help of her own faction and wages civil war with Malcolm's faction.
Roy returns. (Albeit temporarily)
Tatsu returns (Probably also temporarily), with Nyssa versus Katana.
Shado (sort of) returns.
Darhk's wife is running for mayor against Oliver. (The flier literally says "a better alternative" *puke*)
Thea's dying from resisting the bloodlust.
We meet a villain called the Calculator. Who turns out to be Felicity's dad.
Oliver and Malcolm actually have a friendly moment over agreeing to let Thea choose to die rather than kill someone to satisfy her bloodlust. (It makes more sense in a non-condensed version. Just watch the episode -_- )
Nyssa offers the Lotus, an herb that counteracts the effects of the Lazarus Pit, to Oliver. In exchange for killing Malcolm.

And Guilt Arrow. Diggle should help Cisco come up with supernames.
Old 2016-02-05, 00:08   Link #422
justsomeguy

Halfway through the season, the writers are still introducing new characters as well as bringing some old ones in, and the potential plotlines are getting more complicated. That's more possibilities for the person who will die, and even for the guy that Oliver and Felicity want to kill (since they never name Darhk in the flashforward). Heck, it's even possible that Darhk is a decoy and not the real or final villain of the season, since there's something lacking about him as a character, and both Anarky and Felicity's dad are in play.

Also, Curtis has some nice moves. He was able to fend off Roy and even landed two punches to the face.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 02:45   Link #423
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

You're thinking a lot of what I'm thinking about Darhk not being the one who kills whoever it is, but didn't Oliver or somebody say Darhk specifically way back in the flashforward at the end of the season premier? But I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Darhk who actually kills the person, and that Oliver and the others just believe it was him. My bet, in that case, would be on Mrs. Darhk; she's shown a lot of initiative, and she disagreed with Darhk letting Green Arrow live in return for saving Darhk's family from Anarchy.
Old 2016-02-11, 01:32   Link #424
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Oooohhhhh Malcolm, you *%@&$! Oliver's really going to regret not killing this SOB......
So now Darhk knows about Oliver's son. And add two more candidates for the grave in the flashforward. (William's mother included). That said, I don't think it'll be his son. Not that I don't think this show would do it despite the writers saying this season would be less dark, but because Oliver didn't seem sad/angry/depressed enough for it to be his son's grave. That is, of course, assuming he didn't get his crying and raging done between William's death and the funeral.
But then there's also Felicity's rage too, so I still think it could be her mother. But William and his mother dare definitely on the list.

So the League is now disbanded? That part also felt a bit....anti-climactic too.
Old 2016-02-11, 01:38   Link #425
justsomeguy

Was it really a good idea to disband the League? Now there's many trained ninja warriors wandering around without leadership, at least some of whom will be offering their services as hireed killers. I hope the writers realize that and deal with it in future plotlines instead of thinking this whole thing resolved.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 04:07   Link #426
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I actually forgot to mention....since when did Nyssa honor her "marriage" to Oliver last season??? She was against it from the start and only went through with it because she was forced by Ra's, and that was to Wareeth/Al sa him. You could say the whole thing was marriage to a different guy (Wareeth) and thus not binding, but then it's not like it was a marriage under law. And even if laws did apply, I'm pretty sure it doesn't count when your murderous dad forces you to.
Old 2016-02-11, 16:42   Link #427
Wandering Soul

Yeah, Oliver is definitely going to regret not killing Malcolm. If it isn't William in the grave, he is still in danger.

The fight with Malcolm was pretty anti climatic. For a second there I thought Malcolm was taking a dive as part of a plan with Oliver, but when it was revealed he genuinely lost I wondered what happened to all his fighting skills.
Old 2016-02-11, 16:47   Link #428
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yeah, Oliver is definitely going to regret not killing Malcolm. If it isn't William in the grave, he is still in danger.

The fight with Malcolm was pretty anti climatic. For a second there I thought Malcolm was taking a dive as part of a plan with Oliver, but when it was revealed he genuinely lost I wondered what happened to all his fighting skills.
In the 3rd season Malcolm was dead afraid of the previous Ra's al Ghul and Oliver with the league's training was able to beat the previous Ra's al Ghul.
So i pretty assumed at the end of the 3rd season that Oliver's skills have surpassed Malcom's by a huge amount
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 17:23   Link #429
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
In the 3rd season Malcolm was dead afraid of the previous Ra's al Ghul and Oliver with the league's training was able to beat the previous Ra's al Ghul.
So i pretty assumed at the end of the 3rd season that Oliver's skills have surpassed Malcom's by a huge amount
I expected Oliver to win, I just didn't expect that completely one sided fight.
Old 2016-02-19, 04:11   Link #430
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So Merlyn is pretty much officially part of HIVE now, and Darhk has already nabbed William. At least he's treating him well, but what did Darhk do with his mom?

Curtis' screensaver is dope. I'd use it.

Curtis also killed it at engagement party gifts. And wedding party gifts. And gifts FOR LIFE.

Next week, Vixen arrives on the show. They're really bringing out the superhero-ness now. I like.

Oh, and Darhk can Darth Vader people. Through video screens, just like Darth Vader. The man would be proud.

Next episode, Oliver's secret is out. (Again) I was thinking Felicity was rather cold towards Oliver in the flashforward (even for what we assume was her mother's funeral), and maybe it's because she doesn't take this secret much better than she did in the old timeline.
Old 2016-02-19, 15:31   Link #431
Wandering Soul

Vixen makes her appearance next episode.

http://m.imgur.com/a/vEjvl
Old 2016-02-19, 21:00   Link #432
monster

She should stay animated.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 07:02   Link #433
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Vixen finally appears in Live action.
The good news? William is rescued and the team finally catches Darhk.
The bad news? Oliver has to send his son away so he could have a normal life but not before recording a message for William about his identity as the Green Arrow on his 18th Birthday. Furthermore, not only has Oliver dropped out of the Mayoral race as a result of Darhk but Felicity breaks off their engagement for not trusting and revealing his secret to her.
Spoiler for Next episode preview:
Old 2016-02-25, 09:24   Link #434
GDB

Oliver is a moron. Barry told him to tell her or it'd blow up in his face. But noooooooo, Oliver knows better than the guy who can time travel.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 10:14   Link #435
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oliver is a moron. Barry told him to tell her or it'd blow up in his face. But noooooooo, Oliver knows better than the guy who can time travel.
Double moron, because Malcom found William without Oliver telling him about, so keeping the boy away does not keep safe at all.

Diggle was the only that actually knew what he was talking about in this episode.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 13:35   Link #436
Wandering Soul

So everything blew up in Oliver's face like we were expecting to. This is why you don't ignore a time traveler. At least it seems to pretty much assured that neither William nor his mother are in the grave. Not that they were really strong contenders to begin with.

Looks Malcolm is actually going to be the main villain of this series. How has Darhk still not realized that Oliver is the Green Arrow?

http://m.imgur.com/a/2HsbB
Old 2016-02-25, 23:56   Link #437
Galaxian

When I villain says exactly what you are thinking...

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 07:02   Link #438
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for latest episode:
Old 2016-03-28, 10:34   Link #439
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for latest episode:
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2016-03-31, 09:48   Link #440
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Brie Larvan is back and now she can turn her bees into a giant robot.
Oh the bee puns.
Curtis now knows Team Arrow identities.
HIVE abandons Darhk.
Spoiler for last scene of the episode:

Tags
green arrow, the cw