AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 01:41   Link #21
jennwenn

Thanks for the summary link, though I'm a little confused. (Probably because the reviewer didn't want to give any spoilers.) The story sounds complicated. A good start I suppose.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 05:50   Link #22
dojoo
Japanese Translator???

basically

Spoiler for kind of story:

Air is not an ero game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only played the DC version of it

So is Kanon!!!!!!!!!!

Its an adventure game!!!!!!!!!!

Gaooooooooooooo

Dojoo
dojoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 10:42   Link #23
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoo
Air is not an ero game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only played the DC version of it

So is Kanon!!!!!!!!!!

Its an adventure game!!!!!!!!!!

Gaooooooooooooo

Dojoo
Technically it was, but it has so little ero and it was so nonessential that they could make great all ages versions later.
gao gao stegosaurus XD;;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 10:50   Link #24
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

AIR was re-released for the DC with all the hentai scenes removed, and this version was reported back to the PC (with voices, new scenes, etc). According to kj, it's extremely hard to find the hentai version of Kanon/AIR anymore in Japan.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 15:51   Link #25
Osaka
A !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
AIR was re-released for the DC with all the hentai scenes removed, and this version was reported back to the PC (with voices, new scenes, etc).
Yeah it was also the same for Kanon and both have also a PS2 version (for all-age, of course) but many hgames had a console version (maybe due to the success but I'm not sure of that) such as Green Green, Da Capo, Kiminozo, Pia Carrot, Canvas etc.
Quote:
According to kj, it's extremely hard to find the hentai version of Kanon/AIR anymore in Japan.
Bouh, I only find the h-version on internet (h scenes don't bother me, but I prefer the non h-version, especially after having watched the anime)
Yosh, will find money to buy all-age version directly...
Osaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 16:52   Link #26
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Bouh, I only find the h-version on internet (h scenes don't bother me, but I prefer the non h-version, especially after having watched the anime)
Yosh, will find money to buy all-age version directly...
Here's what actually happened when I played through Kanon the first time (note this was after I watched the anime):

*at the scene where Ayu is in Yuuichi's room*
Me: Okay, now they're getting to the part where they find out what really happened and get all sad.
*Yuuichi gropes Ayu*
Me: But-wha-but-wha-What the hell!? Yuuichi, you're not-no-Ayu-ARGH MY EYES!!!

That's when I realised I have the hentai version, not the all-age version.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 16:55   Link #27
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Here's what actually happened when I played through Kanon the first time (note this was after I watched the anime):

Me: Okay, now they're getting to the part where they find out what really happened and get all sad.
*Yuuichi gropes Ayu*

Man am I glad I got the all age version the on the first try. Heads would have been rolling if that happened to me.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 01:07   Link #28
dojoo
Japanese Translator???

Quote:

*Yuuichi gropes Ayu*

Hahaha

I played the h version of Air after I played the DC version and I'm like
WTF!!!! Minagi is not that kinda girl!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!Damn You Key!!!!!!

I like how they add pictures to replace the unnecessary h pics which are removed in the all gae version(like the cat picture on the DC version of Kanon)

I think I'll take my violin and go on a journey to look for that girl in pain (sigh)

Dojoo
dojoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 02:45   Link #29
EvoSpace

Send a message via AIM to EvoSpace Send a message via MSN to EvoSpace
I've played AIR, definately a better game than Kanon. But I thought while Kanon is more towards a romantic date simulation, AIR is more about a... family love, ties between a mother and a child, what one will teach to the next generaton, kind of thing. Also it was a very tragic. Just recalling what happens makes my chest hurt. ;-;

I wonder if Midorikawa Hikaru will voice Yukito again like the All age version. He's got to be one of the funniest/coolest love adventure game main character ever! >.<
EvoSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 04:07   Link #30
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
"AIR" the MOVIE and TV thread

OMG I can't wait for this to come out. Does anyone know exact dates? I found this uber cool picture floating around http://www.keyfc.net/bbs/upload/KFCFile449_air.jpg

Movie site is: www.air2004.com
TV series: http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/
~~~
I have a really kawaii image in my animage of Misuzu ( main) but my scanner is missing pieces So anyone else have kawaii images to share of AIR anime or the game?
~~~
As for people unfamiliar with AIR here is a review.
For people who don't understand japanese and their computers display no japanese only crap like squares (like me) and stuff here is a review on the game for AIR, maybe kj1980-sama can give us a review too ^-^

http://www.densetsu.com/display.php?id=536

I will try to update this thread as much as I can, unless someone beats me to it like l337 GOD kj1980-sama ^-^

THX.....P.S none of that posting crap like dating sims suck because I respect your opinion but it is just going to be very annoying for us who would like to enjoy the thread and love AIR
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 04:24   Link #31
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

OH! Thats super good news. Can't play the game, so next best thing is watch the anime . It says 2004 on the site, so would this start showing in fall?
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 12:16   Link #32
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

I have been maintaining a page that's been following developments on the TV, Comics and Movie.
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/
Basically, a bunch of us have been working on doing some minor translations and doing some research so we'd be prepared when the shows actually come out. In short, the TV series' 1st episode will be shown at TBS's anime festival Sept 4-5. As for the rest of the episodes, we don't know an exact date. Moonphase lists it as 2005, but it may very well start airing in fall 2004 if they have the first episode ready. The movie will be showing sometime in 2004, and is ~91 minutes long. The comics will be coming out in Comptiq starting in their September issue which comes out in August.
EDIT: darn it, something's funny with the site ~_~
EDIT2: fixed

Last edited by zalas; 2004-08-03 at 13:58.
Old 2004-08-03, 13:10   Link #33
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yup, great news, I always think AIR will make a much better anime than Kanon, and I love the Kanon anime
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 13:41   Link #34
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yup, great news, I always think AIR will make a much better anime than Kanon, and I love the Kanon anime
Well if that's the case, then bring it on. Kanon is one of my favorite shows and the top romance/bishoujo series.

If AIR can beat it, I can't wait.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 13:58   Link #35
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Well if that's the case, then bring it on. Kanon is one of my favorite shows and the top romance/bishoujo series.

If AIR can beat it, I can't wait.
Well, the game AIR certainly is very good. However, the director (or was it the screenwriter) did say that it was kind of hard to fit all the emotion, feel and story into a 90 minute movie. Looks like the movie will probably be an abridged version of the Dream(Misuzu)->Summer->AIR storyline, whereas the TV series will probably explore everyone a bit more.
Old 2004-08-03, 21:41   Link #36
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Well, the game AIR certainly is very good. However, the director (or was it the screenwriter) did say that it was kind of hard to fit all the emotion, feel and story into a 90 minute movie. Looks like the movie will probably be an abridged version of the Dream(Misuzu)->Summer->AIR storyline, whereas the TV series will probably explore everyone a bit more.
I heard somthing about that too. I really wonder if the movie is first or the series. It may get confusing. But I know that it will confuse some people. BTW AWESOME site it is in my favorites. ^-^

Yes if you loved/liked AIR you will like AIR even a little. Some people love AIR more others like Kanon best. I just love all of KEY's work. I believe AIR is going to OWN KGNE >.<
Old 2004-08-03, 23:53   Link #37
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I heard somthing about that too. I really wonder if the movie is first or the series. It may get confusing. But I know that it will confuse some people. BTW AWESOME site it is in my favorites. ^-^

Yes if you loved/liked AIR you will like AIR even a little. Some people love AIR more others like Kanon best. I just love all of KEY's work. I believe AIR is going to OWN KGNE >.<
I haven't actually watched KGNE, but considering what I've heard about it, the AIR TV has to be done fairly well, and somehow incorporate all three plots. One plot might not be enough, except for maybe Minagi or something.

EDIT:
Looks like commercials for the theatrical release will start airing August 10 and an interview with the TV series staff will be shown on a BS-i TV show on August 12. Look forward to subbed versions of these ( hopefully ^^; )

Last edited by zalas; 2004-08-04 at 11:28.
Old 2004-08-05, 23:27   Link #38
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I haven't actually watched KGNE, but considering what I've heard about it, the AIR TV has to be done fairly well, and somehow incorporate all three plots. One plot might not be enough, except for maybe Minagi or something.

EDIT:
Looks like commercials for the theatrical release will start airing August 10 and an interview with the TV series staff will be shown on a BS-i TV show on August 12. Look forward to subbed versions of these ( hopefully ^^; )
I have watched al of KGNE, it isn't that great at all, not to mention it isn't as highly know as kanon or AIR. I believe it is better than KGNE in every way LOL.

OMG I can't wait >.< I hope someone gets some of it on the net or I will have to look at the japanese Key fan club (KFC) to get it.
Old 2004-08-06, 00:15   Link #39
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Actually KGNE is a bit higher on the sales against AIR, as AIR hasn't had the support of Age's marketing push teams, but AIR is still an excellent story and I'm waiting for the anime to be completed.

As long as they stick fairly close to the feel of the game, I will enjoy it just as I did with KGNE.
Old 2004-08-06, 01:26   Link #40
a7m4

Anyone know if Osamu Dezaki is directing the Air TV series as well?
a7m4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, seinen