AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-04, 02:07   Link #7041
Xacual

The patch will likely be this coming week. I need to hurry and get my druid's archaelogy to 450 so i can burn my troll fragments in the hopes of getting the stupid sword. At 255 at the moment with about 650 troll fragments stored, with one dwarf rare almost done so about 36 solves to go.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 17:15   Link #7042
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The sword is a 0.01% chance, which upon seeing that just seemed impossible for me with my time schedule.. Oh how I want that sword!
Old 2011-02-04, 17:40   Link #7043
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The sword is a 0.01% chance, which upon seeing that just seemed impossible for me with my time schedule.. Oh how I want that sword!
No one knows for sure what the chance is getting it at, the community has assumed it's something like 1% chance which would be inline with a lot of the epic mount drops. But yeah it seems like the only guaranteed way to get it is to probably have something like 5k+ troll fragments and burn them all and pray.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-02-04, 18:01   Link #7044
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
No one knows for sure what the chance is getting it at, the community has assumed it's something like 1% chance which would be inline with a lot of the epic mount drops. But yeah it seems like the only guaranteed way to get it is to probably have something like 5k+ troll fragments and burn them all and pray.
Getting 5k troll fragments, would either take you 100+ hours just to obtain atleast 500-1000 of them, imagine 5000 to bad you can't just simply buy the fragments like you can with the tablets to reduce the cost.
Old 2011-02-04, 18:28   Link #7045
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Lots of luck required. I've gotten 8 rares so far and am working on a 9th (some dwarven mug I think that you can see people dancing.) I have the one orc level 70 rare, a draenei rare that teleports you to a random location, a night elf mirror and a level 60 dress. I got a level 80 axe that my hunter used. I have the fossil pet and mount, plus the clockwork gnome. I also have been saving the trash this last week or two because I know some of it will go for a lot of gold including the Word of Empress Zoe. Might be sitting on a total of 1,000g in trash that's worth about 30-50g now.
Old 2011-02-04, 19:14   Link #7046
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
My friend managed to get the sword after about making 10-ish trolls artifacts after he had hit the level required to get the sword, so somewhat luck based. [Mind you he saved all the troll fragments he got while leveling for it.] Personally I kind of want to try to get the caster trinket, but the lack of any other good rewards for Holy Paladin, or Feral Druid from it make me not want to sink the time into it .

Also did some HCs on my druid today and got a few nice upgrades, plus chaos obs for belt soon, and during vortex HC I was surprised how much DPS I was pulling on my feral with my current gear, I was able to reach and maintain 12~14k DPS on the first two bosses, and third about 9k due to the movement of the fight, which is good deal higher than I've managed on retr. despite it being almost all i346 gear + two rep epics .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 20:42   Link #7047
Xacual

Quote:
Getting 5k troll fragments, would either take you 100+ hours just to obtain atleast 500-1000 of them, imagine 5000 to bad you can't just simply buy the fragments like you can with the tablets to reduce the cost.
It doesn't take that long to get fragments and it's not like I'm at 525 on my druid. I'm just leveling archaelogy in the Eastern Kingdoms and only using Dwarf and Fossil fragments to level. I'm at 725 troll fragments and 25 tablets now, still got another 170 skill to go until 450 so I'll probably have about 1500 fragments by the time i get there.

Old 2011-02-05, 04:10   Link #7048
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ran a few level 80 guild raids with mostly 83-85s (only one actual level 80 in the group) We did OS3D with 8 people....and wiped...a lot. This partial because at level 83 you are not optimal for raiding anything it seems. None of the 85s were raid geared yet...we haven't even done Cata heroics yet. The level 80 has some T9 I think (doesn't have Cata yet). We did finally do it and I think it was some of use learning our characters (at least two were fresh level 85s) with what buffs and spells work and what just doesn't. We then when to Naxx for the weekly...then just went for Kel for the achievement. We nearly wiped with only the tank, one healer and myself standing I think at the end...and I was about out of both health and mana when he fell. We then did EoE....eww. We managed to 8 man Malygos with only the drakes being hard since those of us that had done it before hadn't done it enough or in a while to get it right. I thought I would miss more than I actually did considering I'm not hit capped in any way...with 10% chance to miss on bosses. It is enough for heroics, but not raids. (average ilvl seems to be 338 which on WoW Heroes is almost 4000...not that that matters much). I managed to get 10k dps on Malygos thanks to raid buffs and the power sparks. I was doing 8k in the other raids, which is about what I was doing in ICC10 at level 80 with T10 gear with the 30% buff. I was generally on top of the damage chart and eventually dps chart...but part of that might be due to not dying as for now I seem to be the one that needs the least amount of healing. That will change when Fel Armor is changed I think since I won't have the passive heal all the time, but a more active heal based on my damage, which from what I understand won't generate nearly as much healing as it does now during combat.
Old 2011-02-05, 09:39   Link #7049
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Ran a few level 80 guild raids with mostly 83-85s (only one actual level 80 in the group) We did OS3D with 8 people....and wiped...a lot. This partial because at level 83 you are not optimal for raiding anything it seems.
Actually 80~83 could raid just fine as DPS at least by the absurd damage my feral pulled when I was doing normals thanks to cata gear giving me a well over 50% crit rate until I hit 84 [I think I did 16k once in BRC once ], I had a 65% crit at 80 [not mention way over capped hit/expertise, +14 mastery, and 10% haste], but trying to heal at least for 83 is awful since spell cost rises absurdly over 81~85 so without really good cata gear it's hard for a healer to heal any raid then, and dunno about tanks.
MAL
Old 2011-02-06, 05:37   Link #7050
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Managed to get the Night Elf Archeology trinket ans well as the remaining ilvl 333 gear out of Grim Batol. Now my biggest problem is the lack of bag space I have with all the grey archeology items in my bags waitng for 4.0.6 to sell them. I think I have three slots left open right now. Also got a nice cluster of Tol'vir sites after having farmed Night Elf to death to get that trinket. Getting close to having 100 unique common items discovered. Probably should farm Northrend again for Nerbian so I can get the last septer done.
Old 2011-02-06, 11:22   Link #7051
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Is the 10% increase to the Luck of the Draw buff really needed? It just seems not needed for me that they are now making the buff 15%..
Old 2011-02-06, 12:34   Link #7052
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Is the 10% increase to the Luck of the Draw buff really needed? It just seems not needed for me that they are now making the buff 15%..
For some pugs I've been in I'd say yes , though remember that's only if you have at least 3 randomly found players ie not a guild run, which would only get the +5% for group of 3~4 guild members, which is nice to be working finally since it doesn't atm .

Also how is your alt coming hooves?
MAL
Old 2011-02-06, 14:08   Link #7053
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also how is your alt coming hooves?
What alt
Old 2011-02-06, 14:56   Link #7054
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
What alt
How are you going to level your profs more without that alt to mine on?

Speaking of professions I am nearly done with the awful bullshit grind that is leatherworking; my druid is at 501 LW and I have about 4 stack of heavy salvage leather atm, but looking thru some guides for it to try to figure the best route for the remaining levels on it before I start using my mats.
MAL
Old 2011-02-10, 03:49   Link #7055
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Made about 1,600 gold from all the stuff I collected from Archeology the last week or two. Plus getting a few rares that I'll keep.
Old 2011-02-10, 04:01   Link #7056
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Downed the first boss of Bastion of Twilight on our first today with my guild was a bit intense healing it, the mana changes for holy paladin are rather noticeable . We tried the second boss a few times but decided to stop and try again monday, we also cleared Iron Council and Magmaw again at least, so we're making so some progress, a bit slow .

Also btw for any PVPers at 85 blizzard ninja added the 85 PVP shoulder/head enchantments to tol barad QMs.

P.S. Still waiting for new meta gems to down in price, or to find someone to cut them for a reasonable price, I am not paying dam 900 g for something that's mats cost 150 g for my alt and Offspec .
MAL
Old 2011-02-10, 05:14   Link #7057
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ran first heroic today...Grim Batol. We went through about three tanks and four or five healers (healer was the only non-guild position at the start). Basic problem was that the tank wasn't told we were doing heroic, and had never been in Grim Batol before (tank and I are average ilvl 340). We managed to kill the first two bosses (after going though three healers on or before the first boss), then just could not get the third boss. We slipped past and went for the last boss, wiped once or twice and our tanks left in fustration and exhaustion (it has been an hour by then I think). We got a new tank who insisted on doing the third boss even though we said we couldn't do it yet...wiped a few times then we kicked him for being a dick about it. Got out third tank would went along with us to the last boss. We wiped a few times but downed him. Went back with the last tank and tried the thirf boss about three more times before we decided were were just too damn tired for this (it been about two hours I think)

Group was not ideal for it I think. Paladin tank, two warlocks, one warrior, and a rotation of shaman, priest, and druids as healer. We got another paladin tank second try, followed by a Death Knight. We did not quite have ideal CC or slows with fear. It worked, but was more intensive and mana draining to use than say polymorph or something that lasts longer than 12 seconds. Banish worked fine when we needed it.

Honestly though, out pally tank was doing fine. It was mostly us dps that were having trouble. I was able to pull 8-9k dps most of the time and the warrior was pulling about 7.5k dps. The second warlock wasn't as geared at the rest of us (geared enough for heroics) but was doing about 5k dps. He usually plays a warrior that outgears us all and is already raiding. He's still getting use to warlocking since I'm not that good on teaching it since I'm still figuring out what works best with what I got. The pally tank was pulling about 7k or more dps, almost keeping up with the warrior dps.

Also, does anyone have an update on the Valentines holiday achievements? Seems the Rose dropping one changed again and I don't knoow who they drop from now. I'm missing that one to complete the achievement and be only a step or two away from getting 310% flying skill without having to pay 4k to get it (need to complete Children's Week as well).
It isn't that I don't have the gold. I just want to finish what I started, and if it saves some gold...good deal.
Old 2011-02-10, 16:31   Link #7058
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Downed the first boss of Bastion of Twilight on our first today with my guild was a bit intense healing it, the mana changes for holy paladin are rather noticeable . We tried the second boss a few times but decided to stop and try again monday, we also cleared Iron Council and Magmaw again at least, so we're making so some progress, a bit slow .
I can agree that Halfus Wymrbreaker is a bit of a hassle in Bastion of Twilight I ran out of breath a few times explaining the mechanics and alternative ways to deal with it to my former guildies when we first downed him weeks ago. Especially with two druid tanks (although I don't think that is a possible problem) it was funny how we got the old-school classic 1% wipe once and vent was hilarious afterwards but we finally got him down after coordinating a few more things to our plot. We tried Valiona and Theralion but we were a little too melee dependent for me to think of anything. So we set that off.

But glad to hear you downed him on your first today, what was the combination of dragons that were up? Also good luck on downing Maloriak, Atramades, or Chimeron in Blackwing Descent, they are all pretty tough (well if you can deal with Maloriak's experiments in an orderly fashion, then you are fine) Atramades was sorta easy himself just dealing with the Sound Meter and using the gongs wisely. Chimeron is the real hassle for healers, so I would recommend him after you defeat Maloriak and Atramades first.
Old 2011-02-10, 19:02   Link #7059
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
But glad to hear you downed him on your first today, what was the combination of dragons that were up? Also good luck on downing Maloriak, Atramades, or Chimeron in Blackwing Descent, they are all pretty tough (well if you can deal with Maloriak's experiments in an orderly fashion, then you are fine) Atramades was sorta easy himself just dealing with the Sound Meter and using the gongs wisely. Chimeron is the real hassle for healers, so I would recommend him after you defeat Maloriak and Atramades first.
We had whelps, time warden, and nether drake up [both behemoth buffs + frenzied assault].

And not sure which one of them we're going to attempt next, I think it's Chimeron though, though personally I'd like us to try to finish Throne of Four Winds sometime since the random enchantment SP sword off last boss can make holy paladin's BiS weapon[or at least very good depending on stats]. And he seems a good deal easier than Cho'gall, or Nefarian as the only two other epic weapons for holy paladin come from them , and are both potentially worse than the sword .
MAL
Old 2011-02-11, 06:00   Link #7060
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
But glad to hear you downed him on your first today, what was the combination of dragons that were up?
You should try hardmode, to experience the chaos that is Halfus with all the drakes up ... your tanks better be good at taunting at the right times, or things go splat quite fast

On another note, guild killed Maloriak HC yesterday (Figures i would be busy with RL on the kill day, sigh), putting us at 3/12 heroics down. This guy took two weeks to go down, a real hassle indeed ... quite stressful for the guy interrupting Arcane Storms, as you basically can't allow it to tick even once. Next up ...no idea, might be conclave of wind heroic

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows