AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 22:42   Link #481
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Seeing Miharu and Sebastian fight makes me want to use them even more... I really like how Sebastian looks using Lili's style and some of her old moves, and Miharu looks like she doesn't quite know what she's doing which might make it frustrating if you lose against her.

I plan on maining Xiao and Miharu, though I also want to use Sebastian and continue using Alisa so I might switch it off now and then.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 22:49   Link #482
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Also 59 characters right if you include unknown.

Harada's illustration was in the Tekken Lab storyline. He's with Lee, he's probably a playable character. Who knows?

Dr.B still has that sitting moving move of his, he's gonna be a troll character.
Old 2012-09-13, 00:23   Link #483
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Just got it today from gamefly and after playing it for a few hours or so, I have to say it's not really impressing me at all. The Ai computer is still a cheap annoying bastard who loves to try to spam the air juggling and dominate you even on Easy mode, The Tag battle seems is just as crazy as I remembered it was in the original, it feels empty with just Arcade mode and other basic modes that's to be expected from fighting games.

I do have to say that fight lab was a pretty neat way to get you prepared to play the game, and I love how you have the ability to make your own custom themes for each stage you fight in.

Overall though while I intend on giving it a bit more time and a better chance, so far it appears that this isn't my kind of game at all, and I prefer the solo one on one style Tekken games. I also prefer Persona 4 Arena.

Oh well, I'm sure DOA5 will be THE game I'm waiting for.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:49   Link #484
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

WiiU edition if anyone interested.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-13, 18:40   Link #485
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Oh My Glob!

Korean version

Old 2012-09-13, 19:39   Link #486
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Just got my copy yesterday afternoon but haven't got the time to play it will try today.
Btw. Kenji, has the DLC code worked now? or do we have to wait till this week passed?

Here's a beginner's guide to the basics of Tekken in case someone is interested
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ttt2-guides/
Old 2012-09-13, 19:41   Link #487
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Just got my copy yesterday afternoon but haven't got the time to play it will try today.
Btw. Kenji, has the DLC code worked now? or do we have to wait till this week passed?

Here's a beginner's guide to the basics of Tekken in case someone is interested
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ttt2-guides/
I hope the gameplay isn't standard "Jedi hard mode" on easy and normal like it was for SCV (call me a wussy gamer ) and the cpu isn't cheap like it was.
Old 2012-09-13, 20:10   Link #488
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Oh My Glob!

Korean version

The hell? The Korean version already gets Unknown and the others?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 20:12   Link #489
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Yeah surprised....not unless that's a hack. I don't have a korean PSN acct so I can't check it out.

and yes R3 Asian dlc now works.

Edit:

Since I don't play in the arcade that much anybody wants the million gold brochure?

Maybe I'll just scan it and first come first serve?
Old 2012-09-13, 21:15   Link #490
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I hope the gameplay isn't standard "Jedi hard mode" on easy and normal like it was for SCV (call me a wussy gamer ) and the cpu isn't cheap like it was.
Well, Tekken was well-known to have steep learning curve and isn't that friendly toward newcomers
We really need to learn and practice a lot for sure. I myself played Tekken since the 1st, but I started to really learn it from T6.

I see, can't wait to try Angel

Mine got 3 cards: DLC, Online Pass, and the Tekken.net arcade bonus.
So I assume that the single DLC code will get us the 4 DLC characters, snoop dogg stage, bikini bundle, lili's skirt, and the dynamic ps3 theme?
Old 2012-09-13, 22:22   Link #491
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Well, Tekken was well-known to have steep learning curve and isn't that friendly toward newcomers
We really need to learn and practice a lot for sure. I myself played Tekken since the 1st, but I started to really learn it from T6.

I see, can't wait to try Angel

Mine got 3 cards: DLC, Online Pass, and the Tekken.net arcade bonus.
So I assume that the single DLC code will get us the 4 DLC characters, snoop dogg stage, bikini bundle, lili's skirt, and the dynamic ps3 theme?
Tekken 1 curbstomped me, seriously - 2 was alright, 3 I could beat with anyone and it seems with 6 and onward Namco went back to the oldschool "Nintendo hard" ways of Tekken.

Are you going to main Angel? I'm really curious if young Heihachi's moves differ at all from geezer Heihachi, I'm more excited for Kunimitsu though.
Old 2012-09-14, 08:32   Link #492
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

didn't get the dynamic PS3 theme

mine are all in one 4DLC characters, Snoop Dog and the Bikini Stage, the other is the Online Pass and the tekken-net code. Hmm...wonder which bundle has that dynamic theme?

Also haven't won a single match yet online lol, those beginners are probably Tekken veterans in disguise XD.
Old 2012-09-14, 18:29   Link #493
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Tekken 1 curbstomped me, seriously - 2 was alright, 3 I could beat with anyone and it seems with 6 and onward Namco went back to the oldschool "Nintendo hard" ways of Tekken.

Are you going to main Angel? I'm really curious if young Heihachi's moves differ at all from geezer Heihachi, I'm more excited for Kunimitsu though.
Really? IMO the juggle system in T6 made me easier to beat up the CPUs, although I also still find them difficult. While I'm still not good in Tekken, at least I still can gain an upper hand in ultra hard difficulty.

Hm, I think so. My main is still Kazuya and I think Angel could be a good partner since her moves are still Mishima-style. Haven't really tried Kunimitsu yet, but from what I've seen from gameplay videos, she'll be very fun to use indeed Haven't tried Heihachi, but he shouldn't be that different. Got some new moves and also property changes for some old moves, just like everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
didn't get the dynamic PS3 theme

mine are all in one 4DLC characters, Snoop Dog and the Bikini Stage, the other is the Online Pass and the tekken-net code. Hmm...wonder which bundle has that dynamic theme?

Also haven't won a single match yet online lol, those beginners are probably Tekken veterans in disguise XD.
I see, we're the same then. The dynamic theme wasn't mentioned in the card, but it was mentioned on the back of the disc oh well, maybe they were for another editions.

I only tried the online once but my connection is slow I like how the practice mode is implemented while we're waiting for our opponent.
Old 2012-09-14, 20:43   Link #494
Xagzan

Posting my ongoing thoughts as I play:

- Hm, so no old!Hei, but there is an old!Hei panel you can get in the customization menu. Looks cool. I'm using it.

- Love these endings. I hated the fact that so many of T6's endings were comedic, since it was a canon Tekken, but it's much more appropriate here. I already mentioned Wang's which is probably the favorite I unlocked so far, but Alisa's was pretty funny too, Raven and Bryan's were awesome (for the same reasons), and then you have ones like Miguel and Jack that actually made me a bit sad.

The only one I haven't liked, to my chagrin, is Kazuya's (chagrin because I main him).
Spoiler:

- *plays through Fight Lab* Lee Chaolan, you are just a joy to watch. It's so weird that in the first two games, he was just a quiet, gloomy looking lackey for his foster pa and then foster brah, but now he's...well, I think it speaks for itself

- Speaking of Fight Lab, any bets on how long it takes for Ms. Secretary to become a playable character? She already has a healthy amount of dialogue in this game, more than most of the other characters even. What? It's not like it'd be absolutely unprecedented *coughsebastiancough*

- Y no Tekken Bowl Namco?

That's all for now
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 22:12   Link #495
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

It is true most are ending funny, sad and serious, ending Miguel give my tear to the eye :'(

then I do not know about you but I've seen different opinions on the ending of Lili and especially his voice in French there is who loves and other no, also the ending of the longest and Lili probably leave us apreciated his french voice

Old 2012-09-15, 00:15   Link #496
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Jin's ending is connected to Devil Jin and the ending of T6 where Jin was found sleeping in the beach.

Asuka's ending is connected to Lili's.

Alex is connected to Roger jr.'s ending.

Xiaoyu, Alisa, Panda and Kuma are connected they're in an amusement park.

One thing though why doesn't Tiger Jackson has an ending. =/
Old 2012-09-15, 00:40   Link #497
Mateus

Anyone get Kunimitsu's ending?
Old 2012-09-15, 02:24   Link #498
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

What's Michelle's ending?
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 05:26   Link #499
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
The only one I haven't liked, to my chagrin, is Kazuya's (chagrin because I main him).
Spoiler:
Leo and Steve's ending are good, and somehow connected. But I wonder how true they were since the game's not canon

Spoiler for about Kazuya:

Quote:
Anyone get Kunimitsu's ending?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
What's Michelle's ending?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-15, 05:54   Link #500
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Michelle's somewhat also connected to Ganryu where he was peeping at Julia taking a bath then was arrested by Lei.

All stages

Tags
fighting game