Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 04:10   Link #7261
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oh please. No one expected the Browns to win back to back games, regardless of any trade or QB change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Eating-a-corndog-in-the-bathroom-guy didn't believe that shit...
I said when they traded Trent Richardson that he was a bust, they were better off without him, and they weren't tanking. I didn't say they would win two games in a row, but I knew they weren't trying to tank like everyone in the media tried to let on. They were acting like Richardson had a 6 yards per rush season or something. Cleveland has the most dominant front seven in the league and one of the top 5 defense. They can literally win games through their defense alone as long as the offense is able to put up even half decent numbers.

Anyone who has actually watched film on the Browns should know all of this. Which is why it's really disgusting to me that someone like me, who doesn't even gamble on this stuff and am only 19 barely been watching the sport for 7 years, know more about this shit than guys who are getting paid thousands for their "insight".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
As for the draft, I'd take Manziel over anyone but Bridgewater...Obviously he'll have to run the interview gauntlet and prove he can be a "badass" and a pro "kinda like Newton had to do in the pre-draft process", but if he goes to a team with an offensive mastermind like Bruce Arians in ARZ, he go shock yall...Dude is not a gimmick, especially with today's NFL slant toward these duel threat offenses...Right now Manzeil is better than Jake Locker and Sam Bradford IMO...
I don't know about Manziel. I like him, and I don't think his hotheadedness is a problem because the way the media portrays him and the way he actually is are on two completely different worlds. But, he's short, and he runs out of the pocket way too much, a lot of the time just because he feels like he can. He can't be scurrying around the field like that in the NFL, he's going to get his head taken off. And because he does that, I don't know how he would handle being primarily a pocket QB and having defenses pressure his pass more instead of easing up to protect from the run.

That said, I can definitely see the Philadelphia Eagles taking him in the first round. I think it will take some time for him to acclimate himself to the NFL, he has to work on his throwing mechanics and footwork (and he already has amazing balance), but he would be the perfect, young fit for Chip Keley's offense (which is why Kelly actually recruited Manziel out of high school, because he played in a system similar to his).

Also, he needs to put on around 8-10 more pounds.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2013-10-05 at 04:39.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 19:28   Link #7262
sky black swordman

And so the President of the USA has spoken, Obama open to name change for Washington Redskins.
Old 2013-10-05, 19:38   Link #7263
GDB

Snyder should troll everyone and announce that, instead of changing the name, they're changing the mascot to this:

GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 21:49   Link #7264
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I think Dan Snyder is a moron with respect to managing the 'Skins, but I am fully supportive on him on this issue.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 15:24   Link #7265
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow, the Patriots got beat by the Bengals and the Seahawks lost to the Colts.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 15:35   Link #7266
GDB

Ouch. Jags just traded their left tackle to the Ravens since they got a new one in the draft, and now he's out for the season. Bad timing.
Old 2013-10-06, 15:45   Link #7267
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Wow, the Patriots got beat by the Bengals and the Seahawks lost to the Colts.
So much for them (the Patriots and the Seahawks) staying perfect.

The Philadelphia Eagles beat the NY Giants (36-21)! The NY Giants are 0-5! Seriously, this is supposed to be a playoff contender!
Old 2013-10-06, 15:59   Link #7268
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Ouch. Jags just traded their left tackle to the Ravens since they got a new one in the draft, and now he's out for the season. Bad timing.
Yeah................you know what, it is sure easy how bad things can get from bad at level one to bad at level 10. Well, there is always next year.
Old 2013-10-06, 16:52   Link #7269
GDB

ROFL Peyton Manning just ran a bootleg for a TD. His first rushing TD in five years.
Old 2013-10-06, 17:01   Link #7270
Lightning_Wing

And faked out pretty much everyone (viewers and players alike) in the process.
Old 2013-10-06, 17:27   Link #7271
GDB

I knew he still had the ball, but I thought he was going to toss it to someone. Didn't expect him to jog in himself.
Old 2013-10-06, 17:37   Link #7272
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Carolina/Arizona is the most hilariously pathetic game I've seen in a hot minute. It's like neither team wants to win.

And it hurts.

Edit: Carolina wanted it the least. There are so many holes on this team with such a shitty cap situation, I don't know where to start.

Last edited by Dilla; 2013-10-06 at 17:59.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:58   Link #7273
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Luke out for the year right after we trade Monroe. The football gods literally hate us.
Old 2013-10-06, 18:32   Link #7274
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Luke out for the year right after we trade Monroe. The football gods literally hate us.
This could be a kind of blessing in disguise kind of thing. Even with Luke, Suzuku you got to admit. With both guards, an aging center, and right tackle allowing non stop penetration form the defense. Whether its Henne or Gabbert, both of them will get non stop pressure even with Luke in. Luke looked impressive when he was one the field. I have been checking highlights and Luke appears to be better than Monroe. I say let Luke rest for the season, its already a tank season anyhow.

The next draft or off season we better fix the offensive line. With our offensive punting almost every possession, the defense comes out more and ends up playing badly. The defense is actually quite good, I say at the middle of the NFL, but that is only when in the first half of the first quarter, then it goes down hill because of how long they stay on the field.

This could also serve as a incentive for other guards and tackles to step up and prove their worth or else they will be cut next year.
Old 2013-10-06, 19:01   Link #7275
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah I hear you on all that. It just feels like something really has it out for us lol. If we can fix the other 4 spots on the O-Line and get Teddy in the draft, I think that would immediately shoot us up to at least a middle of the pack team, which alone would be a massive improvement over the last 6 years. It shouldn't be hard to draft Teddy and a high talent center in the draft, and sign a couple free agent guards or tackles and draft the rest with all the third and fourth round picks we have. MoJo even showed some life today when he found some light.

On Trent Richardson, church right here:

Old 2013-10-06, 23:12   Link #7276
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Josh Freeman signs a one-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings.

Well, it makes sense, kind of...Ponder just isn't cut out for it and Cassel, while he did fairly well in the England match, is way out of practice. Freeman has his chance to prove himself, Tampa got rid of him.

Ergh, I am so mad at my fellow tennants...2 nights in a row, they wake me up in the middle of the night and ruin my sleep to the point I had to sleep in big time this public holiday Monday. Wake up to find I missed all of the Denver-Dallas game and the 49ers-Texans matches and that the D-D game went to 51-48....I am never forviging them....ever....that match must have been epic...all I got to see was a bit of the Dolphins-Ravens match before I fell asleep again...which was...painful....Miami's early wins may have been flukes. Their O-line can't protect Tannehill at all, their secondary is battered and vulnerable, they don't have a running game.

And Who Dat, Denver and Kansas remain undefeated.
Old 2013-10-06, 23:41   Link #7277
Samari
World's Greatest

Even though the 49ers stomped the Texans, I'm REALLY concerned about the passing offense. Kaepernick is almost getting worse every single week in just being a factor. Missing Manningham and Crabtree hurts, but I think there were guys open that Kaepernick just isn't seeing. It's like all of his instincts after that week 1 game against the Packers vanished. It's really hard to stomach. We'll see what happens when we get some guys back, but if Kaepernick continues to struggle like this we aren't going to be much of a factor in the playoffs if we even get there. You can't win a Super Bowl with Christian Ponder like performances at QB.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 00:20   Link #7278
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Typical Romo night....>.>
Old 2013-10-07, 00:26   Link #7279
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^It's the play-calling...Roman has really out-smarted himself IMO...I hadn't seen how the defenses in the NFL had totally caught up to the spread/ read-option attack...Looked to me like the niners anticipated defenses catching up and tried to push the development of Kap as a true pocket passer despite the injury situation...Last year yall offense was so unpredictable, but with Crabtree still the only real option (because Kap and Davis hadn't meshed at the time last year), the variety of run looks plus the read made it impossible to predict...

I've seen them play 4 games, and the offense is far more base, and then when the initial passing attack isn't working, they force the creative run-looks and defenses are more ready...

As for the Saints!!! GEAUX in Chicageaux!! finally beat that damn pathetic and pitiful field...We played a very conservative gameplan because of that field and fed the ball to Thomas for ball security and held them down on defense...We can win in such a variety of ways...Sproles was a non-factor this week, all world last week...With the defense playing this supurb, we can do some damage now...

But screw that game, BREES TD RECORD IS SAFE!!!!

thank You Bengals D!! thank you for making it rain on them h0es Pacman...If we can beat that horrible roster of the Patriots next week on the road, that's my heaven...

Football Gods have spoken, no five yard quick out TDs to keep that record this week BRADY!
Old 2013-10-07, 03:03   Link #7280
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Josh Freeman signs a one-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings.

Well, it makes sense, kind of...Ponder just isn't cut out for it and Cassel, while he did fairly well in the England match, is way out of practice. Freeman has his chance to prove himself, Tampa got rid of him.
So, Freeman signed with the Vikings. And here NFL "analysts" were saying that the Raiders likely team to sign him.

And the Raiders beat the Chargers 27-17. Charles Woodson scored his 13th career defensive touchdown on a 25-yard fumble return against the Chargers and ties NFL-record for most defensive TD's. Philip Rivers throws 3 picks.

Tags
american football, sports