AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-28, 00:24   Link #13321
GundamFan0083

Liveleak has another video angle of this incident.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c78_1303945433

Currently, it has been reported the girls were being loud and disorderly, but that's it.
Old 2011-04-28, 00:53   Link #13322
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Exclusive: Facebook investors look for exits

Quote:
(Reuters) - A group of Facebook shareholders is seeking to offload $1 billion worth of shares on the secondary market, a sale that would value the company at more than $70 billion, according to five sources with direct knowledge of the situation.
Lol.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-28, 02:09   Link #13323
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
He's a pussy for defending himself and getting her to back the F' off? I'm sorry, but if a woman is grabbing your uniform while you are trying to cuff someone, and could claw your freaking eyes out while the situation is escalating, you do WHATEVER you have to do to get them to back off. I'm not being too harsh. I'm being very reasonable. Don't want to get hit by the police? Don't attack them or grab them. And don't even think about bringing size into this. Some of the meanest people on the planet, are in the 100-150 lb range.

Kind of like that little bully in the 4th grade(in Australia I believe?). After socking the big guy once, and trying for a second punch, he got body slammed into the pavement. Bet he won't bully anyone again.

I'd give that policeman a medal. Just because you're a female, does not give you a free pass to do whatever the hell you want to do. Women have been crying for equality and equal rights and treatment for a century. Well you got it. Now you have to lie in that bed you made.
No matter how you slice it, a man should never EVER punch a woman. If he does that shows that he is a coward with some serious control issues. Policemen are held at a higher standard than civilians, what he did is more than enough to get him fired off the force.
Old 2011-04-28, 03:48   Link #13324
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
No matter how you slice it, a man should never EVER punch a woman. If he does that shows that he is a coward with some serious control issues. Policemen are held at a higher standard than civilians, what he did is more than enough to get him fired off the force.
Never? Never, ever? Really? I pray you are never in a position to eat those words.
Old 2011-04-28, 04:35   Link #13325
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

The officer's conduct is very strange. He leaves himself wide open to attack by letting the friends of the woman with whom he was grappling out of his field of vision. I have never heard of a police officer attempting to apprehend someone surrounded by companions in close quarters like that. He could have easily been killed because of that sort of reckless behavior, which makes me wonder if the officer himself had been drinking. The strangest part is that his partner appears to be trying to pull him away until the other girl begins hitting him. Whatever happened before the cameras started recording is probably the most important part of this incident.
Old 2011-04-28, 05:29   Link #13326
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Apple denies tracking iPhone customers
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...73Q3Q320110427
Old 2011-04-28, 08:26   Link #13327
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Bullshit. Having a vagina is not an excuse if you're attacking me. My sense of chivalry only goes so far.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:41   Link #13328
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well, going by the stock exchange, each FB account is worth approximately 100€. Now, I don't know (well actually I share your sarcastic sentiment on the issue) but FB might be tiny little bit supervalued/hyped.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:58   Link #13329
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Bullshit. Having a vagina is not an excuse if you're attacking me. My sense of chivalry only goes so far.
I'm a pascifist ninny compared to many of my fellow dudes in outlook yet frankly I sympathise.

I don't think you can engage a woman the exact same way you would a man, (ie I wouldnt be so quick to engage in combat with one as opposed to a man), but not all ladies can be put into the "theyre smaller less muscular so they can do less damage" category.If a lady is beligerent, threatening can do some serious damage to your welfare and you have NO OTHER CHOICE, then well it makes no sense NOT to defend yourself. Sex has nothing to do with it.
Old 2011-04-28, 11:43   Link #13330
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Never? Never, ever? Really? I pray you are never in a position to eat those words.
Unless the woman has muscles bigger than any avarage woman and hates being treated like a lady I'll only go as far as slapping or restraining her. Us men are supposed to respect women. Male police officers are out of question.
Old 2011-04-28, 11:57   Link #13331
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've encountered plenty of smaller women that can kick my ass. Two of my cousins were professional wrestlers, and I wouldn't want to mess with them even though one was five foot.
Old 2011-04-28, 11:58   Link #13332
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Unless the woman has muscles bigger than any avarage woman and hates being treated like a lady I'll only go as far as slapping or restraining her. Us men are supposed to respect women. Male police officers are out of question.
I find that both stupid and sexist:
- we're supposed to respect everybody, regardless of gender. If you're in a situation where you shouldn't hit a woman, you're in a situation where you shouldn't hit a man, either.
- you seriously think boobs make people harmless? It doesn't take a lot of muscle to be dangerous.
Old 2011-04-28, 12:11   Link #13333
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I don't think you can engage a woman the exact same way you would a man,
Yes, there are rules for that. You first need to give a speech about why what they're doing is wrong and they should stop it. Further, it must end with, "I'll shatter that illusion."
Old 2011-04-28, 12:43   Link #13334
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I find that both stupid and sexist:
- we're supposed to respect everybody, regardless of gender. If you're in a situation where you shouldn't hit a woman, you're in a situation where you shouldn't hit a man, either.
- you seriously think boobs make people harmless? It doesn't take a lot of muscle to be dangerous.
Very true. The only situation I can think of where I'd have reason to hit anyone is if I'm being physically attacked. Doesn't really matter if it's a man or a woman, doesn't matter how big or small they are either, I'll do my best to defend myself.

I will say that a policeman who is trained should be able to do the above with minimal injury to the other party, but policemen make mistakes. I think people being too hard on the police is partially responsible for the Blue Code of Silence. They shouldn't be prosecuted unless it becomes habitual.
Old 2011-04-28, 13:12   Link #13335
justsomeguy

Even in the first video, it was obvious that the woman in the black dress was interfering with the cop trying to deal with the sitting girl. The video GundamFan posted shows that the cop in fact had his hands full with two seated women when the one in the dress interfered. The article accompanying the video had one of the filmers stating that the girls were drunk, loud, and refused the cop's orders to leave. Saying "no" to an officer and then laying hands on him predictably leads to the events in the video. His actions look absolutely justified here.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2011-04-28, 13:46   Link #13336
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Israel rejects Palestinian unity government with Hamas

Things never change.
Old 2011-04-28, 13:52   Link #13337
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Would you want to deal with Hamas over Fatah? I wouldn't. Not when one is more or less reasonable and the other fires rockets at me.
Old 2011-04-28, 14:04   Link #13338
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Expect now both Palestinian groups made a deal with Egypt mediators to form a new unity government.
Old 2011-04-28, 14:08   Link #13339
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All depend on what the PA's stance is. If they follow the Fatah path, they will probably gain the status of a country in the eyes of the UN. If they follow the Hamas path...they will not, even if Hamas is better for their people.

I still don't think a split Palestine is a viable country.
Old 2011-04-28, 14:42   Link #13340
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
All depend on what the PA's stance is. If they follow the Fatah path, they will probably gain the status of a country in the eyes of the UN. If they follow the Hamas path...they will not, even if Hamas is better for their people.

I still don't think a split Palestine is a viable country.
I agree with this. The jury is still out on what direction the PA takes. Although i hate the Isreal cowtowing that US politicians do Hamas deserves it's bad reputation for killing innocents.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international