AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-27, 08:52   Link #181
charasu
DigiDestinied

I really have mixed werd feeling about this last ep.
Like seriously??

I mean, the whole nuance that they want to say is
"GO BREED & also BE GAY is OK"

Welp, thats it, time to move on to next series.
Old 2019-01-28, 17:16   Link #182
Mars Terra

I don't care enough about the whole everyone becoming Precures matter to argue any more, and it's the end of the show so I don't mind if they do something like that--and in any case the way they did it doesn't really affect the story as a whole much.

Now--as for episode 49--I don't know which was more painful to watch, the separation of Hugtan from Hana or watching her give birth. The one she gave birth to was Hugtan, right? Now that's what I call a paradisus paradoxum.

I was disappointed that Emiru and Lulu didn't end up getting married in the end, but maybe one day they will.

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 06:24   Link #183
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 49:

So we are at the final. Not much more to say except, glad that it's a happy ending for everyone. Lulu and Emiru got switched,now it's Lulu who is the smaller one. xD
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 06:46   Link #184
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Terra View Post
I was disappointed that Emiru and Lulu didn't end up getting married in the end, but maybe one day they will.
About that. My initial belief is that everyone who went in Traum's train were all reborn into a fixed timeline where the despair will not happen.

However, I've seen a post in another forum saying... the Lulu who went in the train ended up alone in the doomed timeline where Criasu stopped time. I don't understand how this happened? Would be sad ending for Lulu is that is true.
Old 2019-01-30, 19:50   Link #185
Mars Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
About that. My initial belief is that everyone who went in Traum's train were all reborn into a fixed timeline where the despair will not happen.

However, I've seen a post in another forum saying... the Lulu who went in the train ended up alone in the doomed timeline where Criasu stopped time. I don't understand how this happened? Would be sad ending for Lulu is that is true.
That's the thing about changing the past, either the future you return to is part of the same timeline you left from and the changes you made affect a different timeline, or you enter the new timeline with no memories of what took place in this new timeline--though I wonder what happens to the old timeline, does it cease to exist?

Old 2019-02-04, 09:36   Link #186
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Just a few more thoughts on that. Me and a friend discussed it a few days ago.. her theory is that the despair still happened in original timeline 2045. But Cure Tomorrow and Harry were now able to win, which is the reason why they are smiling together instead of trying to run away to the past again.
Old 2019-02-04, 14:47   Link #187
Mars Terra

If that's the case, they could of made that a bit more clear--but maybe it's just one of those endings that they wanted the watcher to interpret for themselves?

Old 2019-02-24, 05:41   Link #188
petran79
out of touch with anime

I waited for a year and watched the series in one go in 3 days! Yesterday I watched 31 episodes in one go! Never skipped the OP btw

I admit I was not interested in the Precure franchise, having only watched Heartcatch last year which I found one of the best and most action packed magical girl series ever. Only reason I was interested in Hugtto was the return of Junichi Sato and that the 10 year time frame between Heartcatch and Hugtto warranted a pleasant view without the yearly repetitions of the previous series.
In that sense I was glad that with the 15th anniversary they added episodes introducing characters from the previous series, which I was not familiar with. Fortunately those episodes were very few, without distracting much from the original story, though they had to defeat a story villain that way. Hoped for a more direct encounter between him and a certain Precure tbh, just like it happened with Heartcatch.

I think Hugtto Precure should belong to the top 10 series of 2018. It had more or less everything. Action, comedy, drama and most importantly respect for all the characters. I also liked that they introduced the famous French painting by Delacroix. Many kids series are prudish with art, but not in this case fortunately.

Since I have no other Precure series for comparison, my only option is Heartcatch. Personally I liked Heartcatch more regarding the series pace and integrity. While Hugtto had its own unique ideas and novelties, it did not reach the tension, drama and action of Heartcatch. Eg the father-daughter drama was better handled there. Final battle was worse than Heartcatch too. Also I wish they had explored the main villains past more. Eg there is a resemblance in his mind between a person he knows and a certain Precure. Yet this is no further explored.

I also liked that this time the monster of the week is not based on individual characters but situations involving many people. Eg a traffic jam, a pause from work, anxiety for test exams, an admonition to get off the pool etc Some hilarious situations ensued.

As for the characters themselves, I think the main director made them very interesting and better than Heartcatch. I would have liked the series more but there is a previous magical series where he partially directed too and also excelled in that kind of character development:
Ojamajo Doremi.

In the second season of Doremi, characters have also to take a baby in their care. Though since series spawns over 200 episodes + several light novels following characters to adulthood, Precure can simply not compete in that. But for 50 episodes most characters became full fledged, each with their own short stories to tell. The final episode especially will never be forgotten. In one episode there was also a tribute to the influential 70s Toei maho shojo titled Majokko Megu-chan, with Hana wearing her witch costume. First magical girl to add serious topics to the genre like family violence, though it looks to have some Cutey Honey influences too. It was directed by Y.Endo, one of the Sailor Moon directors. Would like to see it subbed some day. Pre-Sailor Moon maho shojo deserve more attention.

Previous days I also had rewatched Kaleido Star and Princess Tutu, by the same director. As expected Hugtto is inferior to those masterpieces but a masterpiece of its own for todays standards
petran79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl, precure series