AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-02-15, 13:26   Link #1
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Tom Clancy's The Division

Question: what if Rainbow or Third Echelon, for all their valiant efforts, falls short of their objective? One could argue that the events of 'The Sum of All Fears' are one such possible outcome; another is described in this upcoming RPG-shooter.

Scenario: An unknown pathogen was released on Black Friday with various demoninations of dollar bills as an initial vector. The situation escalated to the point where Manhattan is one big quarantine zone, and the fact of people's darker natures taking advantage of the chaos isn't helping.

Among the federal resopnses is the activation of a secret unit whose members have until now been living otherwise ordinary lives amongst the public. As one of these operators, your mission is to assist what remains of the government presence on the island in fighting back the outbreak and its attendant chaos... and, perhaps, discover the 'who' behind all of this.

While searcing YouTube and Twitch will return plenty of gameplay footage from a previous beta event, another is coming up this weekend which I understand anyone with a PS4, Xbox1, or suitable PC can get in on.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 15:33   Link #2
Sides

Yo, open beta start on the 18th Feb for xboxone and on the 19th for PS4 and PC. It will last up to the 21th.
Prepare for alot of rage quitters in the DZ!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 18:09   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Still feeling a bit burned from what happened to Destiny, but I'm keeping my mind open. The main thing I'm worried about is the enemy types, this kind of 'realistic' setting would only allow to human enemies and that's pretty boring.

Overall from what I've been hearing about the BETA, this is an Ubisoft game with all the strength and weakness of one.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 11:43   Link #4
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The main thing I'm worried about is the enemy types, this kind of 'realistic' setting would only allow to human enemies and that's pretty boring.
I understand where you're coming from, but it can't be helped given the particulars of the setting. Granted, there are four distinctive strains of OPFOR, and much to learn about them as things unfold...

What is chuckleworthy is folks asking in various threads whether there'll be zombies of any sort. Which, I would point out, have no place whatsoever in this game (outside of some Easter Eggs poking fun at this trend in gaming). Besides, in TWD and other such settings the greatest threats to the protagonists tend to come from other people... you could say that here, the 'middleman' is being cut out.

Still, I'm going to be keeping an eye on this and see if the changes made for this beta help any.
Old 2016-02-16, 14:23   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but it can't be helped given the particulars of the setting. Granted, there are four distinctive strains of OPFOR, and much to learn about them as things unfold...

What is chuckleworthy is folks asking in various threads whether there'll be zombies of any sort. Which, I would point out, have no place whatsoever in this game (outside of some Easter Eggs poking fun at this trend in gaming). Besides, in TWD and other such settings the greatest threats to the protagonists tend to come from other people... you could say that here, the 'middleman' is being cut out.

Still, I'm going to be keeping an eye on this and see if the changes made for this beta help any.
Maybe not zombies, but I did hope for some kind of mutants.

Imo you can still have interesting human enemy bosses in this 'realistic' setting, but they have to be like Dead Rising or Metal Gear Solid class of villains to be entertaining to fight.
Old 2016-02-16, 15:04   Link #6
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe not zombies, but I did hope for some kind of mutants.
Still wouldn't quite fit a game under the 'Tom Clancy's...' umbrella. That said, if Firaxis and Ubisoft got together on a standalone tactical game that's basically using R6/Ghost Recon mechanics in an XCOM setting, that wouldn't be unwelcome.

Quote:
Imo you can still have interesting human enemy bosses in this 'realistic' setting, but they have to be like Dead Rising or Metal Gear Solid class of villains to be entertaining to fight.
Indeed, and I hope that such do exist somewhere in those parts of the game which have yet to be exposed. And they would ideally, as is the case in MGS, be memorable as characters as well as battles in the game.
Old 2016-02-16, 21:33   Link #7
YF19EX

Definitely not as dynamic as Destiny was in the beginning. It is a conventional 3rd person shooter view with conventional weapons. But the closed beta was fun, and I am looking forward to the gear grind and the customization.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 00:00   Link #8
Sides

You can preload the beta now on steam! However you will still need a uplay account.

I fell asleep during the public beta. Thing is this, it isn't a good shooter and it isn't a good rpg. Nevertheless it is a good game for casual gamers. Even the DZ isn't that interesting, until events start rolling out.
PVP in this game is basicaslly, who ever has better gear, a group and lower latency wins, nothing to do with skills what so ever. Main reason for this is, it is not a shooter, but a rpg, so combat is based on stats.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 12:44   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Open BETA trailer for this weekend.

Old 2016-02-17, 20:04   Link #10
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm taking a "wait-and-see" approach with this game. I have a feeling it's going to be like Destiny and going to be a grind-fest but without the cool sci-fi setting.

I *do* like the fact that most of the loot drops are instanced, however. Makes it friendlier and more cooperative when people aren't arguing over drops.
Old 2016-02-17, 20:17   Link #11
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
There's a tie-in series of movies to promote the game on Youtube. Seen all of them.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 21:38   Link #12
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I *do* like the fact that most of the loot drops are instanced, however. Makes it friendlier and more cooperative when people aren't arguing over drops.
Indeed. Short form: if it drops off a tango (or, I believe, comes out of a box/duffel/backpack/etc.), it's instanced. Players only drop items in the Dark Zone when killed, and then only those items they'd picked up in the area. Even then, some of those remain instanced to that player; the exact ratio depends on their rogue state.

This video, I believe, should illuminate things.

Old 2016-02-17, 22:00   Link #13
YF19EX

Ah that clears that up nicely. Well by nature I am a nice player, and I don't care to MDK other players, and so at least you are rewarded a bit by keeping over %50 percent of ones loot. And rogue players are more high risk high reward game play in the dark zone. Very interesting. I only played a little in the dark zone but I could feel the tension around other players you encountered for sure.
Old 2016-03-09, 23:21   Link #14
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-03-10, 01:29   Link #15
YF19EX

I'm enjoying this game for sure. Although I had 3 server errors kicking me out today. I think Ubi did a good job on this one. But I am one of those who does every little thing in these games and explores every nook and cranny of the city. The weapon sound effects are comparable to the real thing. Love the weapon and gear customization.
Old 2016-03-10, 04:12   Link #16
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ubisoft Canada sponsored a contest on how Canada would be affected due to the smallpox outbreak.

Also haven't got the game yet since I've yet to decide if I should get a gold version or not.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2016-03-10, 11:28   Link #17
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I enjoyed the beta and very much like the game, but as an active MMORPGer, I don't know if I can play this game for many hours. What I mean is, I think I'd get bored of just "shooting" for hours on end. Still iffy on the game. I might just wait until like summer or something for a summer sale.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 01:10   Link #18
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-03-11, 13:24   Link #19
Mercury
:c

I'm actually enjoying this game on PS4.
I got to level 30 the first day it came out though.
I already put it 1 day and 10 hours on the game lol.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 10:26   Link #20
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Got some Division OST music right here:

Tags
clancy, multiplayer, rpg, shooter