AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2017-07-09, 09:25   Link #16961
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Mashima logic, current Natsu is x7 stronger is ^7 stronger.
The problem is this dude can still absorb freaking magic i don't see how this works in their favor but it's almost over

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 12:40   Link #16962
Ultragunner

^ wrong!!! Acno can absorb magic, but NOT FRIENDSHIP !!! It's all because Acno didn't quickly finish any of Natsu's "nakama", and now they can transfer not only magic but also the "power of friendship" to Natsu

Acnologia really f*cked up, didn't he?
Old 2017-07-09, 18:35   Link #16963
Ggb81
Exemplary Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
^ wrong!!! Acno can absorb magic, but NOT FRIENDSHIP !!! It's all because Acno didn't quickly finish any of Natsu's "nakama", and now they can transfer not only magic but also the "power of friendship" to Natsu

Accurate.

Oh well. It's been a good run, right? I mean... There was actually a time once when things made sense, right? ... Right?
Old 2017-07-10, 00:14   Link #16964
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Mashima just wanted this over. It's clear that he no longer wanted the story's direction.
I mean, he's a prolific mangaka. The only reason why this series hasn't faced a hiatus is because he just works hard, even if the editors-in-chief are derailing his own story.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 08:30   Link #16965
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

I hate how right you are about that but hey this is FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggb81 View Post
Accurate.

Oh well. It's been a good run, right? I mean... There was actually a time once when things made sense, right? ... Right?
It did but around Grimoire Heart is when it took a turn for the worst. The battle with Hades was the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Mashima just wanted this over. It's clear that he no longer wanted the story's direction.
I mean, he's a prolific mangaka. The only reason why this series hasn't faced a hiatus is because he just works hard, even if the editors-in-chief are derailing his own story.
It needed to end a long time ago. Kinda like Bleach and Naruto and it's shameful but plenty of stories reach their limit and FTs limit was long ago

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2017-07-10 at 08:59.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 09:30   Link #16966
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I know there is no point in trying to understand Fairy Tail logic, but how does combining all their power into Natsu make him stronger than Acnologia when Acnologia was just kicking all their asses a a few seconds ago?
because by their power combine, Natsu will summon Captain Fairy!
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 09:44   Link #16967
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's not like he's not at fault for where the story has gone. It's been a trainwreck for years now, dating especially back to the first timeskip.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 10:23   Link #16968
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
because by their power combine, Natsu will summon Captain Fairy!
Ok this made my day, was on a downer cause of stuff but this was a great spirit lifter

Altho I guess in this case instead of Natsu summonning Captain Fairy, he becomes Captain Fairy!
Old 2017-07-10, 11:23   Link #16969
ellifeedn
Thinker

Looking back at this series, are there any plot threads left that should/need to be addressed?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 11:39   Link #16970
Kafriel
Senior Guest

With the way things have turned out, no. DeS and GS are left as just "strong magic" with no particular origin, the spriggan 12 have been dealt with(?), Natsu's current state is so mixed up that I doubt anyone wants to make out what exactly it is and Natsu vs Acnologia is, quite veritably, the battle for everyone's souls. Mavis and Zeref have transcended the living realm, not sure if any dark guilds have been left standing.

I still stand by my point that Acnologia can literally eat their souls regardless of power, much like how Natsu had once done to Zancrow. Oh well, spirit is getting nakama powered and physical body just got Erza'd and friendzoned...or friendsphered, whatever.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 06:10   Link #16971
Sixth
Hu Tao

Bleach final battle is a masterpiece when you compare it with FT final battle.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 07:02   Link #16972
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I've been reading this series for 10 years. I gave up on the story plotwise during the Tenrou Island - Grand Magic Games arc. But I persisted reading because the series promised that someday, somewhere down the line, the dragonslayers would eventually slay a dragon.

That was my sole reason for continuing this series. Nothing else. But this POS manga by a POS author couldn't even give me that.

F*ck nakama power. F*ck not killing anyone and being absent of consequences. F*ck the shit villains. F*ck bringing back the final villain and not slaying the dragon properly. F*ck the dragonslayers who were so useless that they could only give their powers to the MC for a shitty power boost. F*ck the One Piece rip off final battle in which Natsu was basically Gear 3 Luffy except with fire. F*ck the author. F*ck my life.
Old 2017-07-14, 07:13   Link #16973
B214

Meredy saves the day end of story.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 07:55   Link #16974
Azurial

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I've been reading this series for 10 years. I gave up on the story plotwise during the Tenrou Island - Grand Magic Games arc. But I persisted reading because the series promised that someday, somewhere down the line, the dragonslayers would eventually slay a dragon.

That was my sole reason for continuing this series. Nothing else. But this POS manga by a POS author couldn't even give me that.

F*ck nakama power. F*ck not killing anyone and being absent of consequences. F*ck the shit villains. F*ck bringing back the final villain and not slaying the dragon properly. F*ck the dragonslayers who were so useless that they could only give their powers to the MC for a shitty power boost. F*ck the One Piece rip off final battle in which Natsu was basically Gear 3 Luffy except with fire. F*ck the author. F*ck my life.
Luffy has fire too but more badass then Natsu shit ass flame
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 08:10   Link #16975
n0m@n
C-Z

One hit kill the final boss? So shit. A much inferior version of RAVE's final battle.

Rave was really good even though it was cliche. Back then Hiro killed allies, enemies, and even those who turned from evil to good. So it's not like he should be afraid of doing it again. Is it because he became too soft or is it the editors screwing things up?
Old 2017-07-14, 13:32   Link #16976
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Back then Hiro killed allies, enemies, and even those who turned from evil to good. So it's not like he should be afraid of doing it again. Is it because he became too soft or is it the editors screwing things up?
As far as I heard the death of Sieg in Rave made his fans so furious that he put three copies of Sieghart in FT and almost nobody died in FT. Though the death of Sieghart in FT was terrific. Ravemaster was purely story driven though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Bleach final battle is a masterpiece when you compare it with FT final battle.
Bull. Nothing can be worse than that atrocity in Bleach. I literally needed bleach in my eyes at that time
Old 2017-07-14, 19:01   Link #16977
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
As far as I heard the death of Sieg in Rave made his fans so furious that he put three copies of Sieghart in FT and almost nobody died in FT. Though the death of Sieghart in FT was terrific. Ravemaster was purely story driven though.

Bull. Nothing can be worse than that atrocity in Bleach. I literally needed bleach in my eyes at that time
Agreed Bleach ending was worse.
Beside we all knew that it would end this way which Friendship winning.

Fairy Sphere's Spirit Bomb Version.

Also was the final fight which Acnologia was it saying that Natsu use Acnologia own arm against him because if so it would mean that Acnologia losing his Arm to Igneel was forshadowing for it being use against him and that the power Natsu get from Igneel was Acnologia power at least it understandable why he became so overpower at the end and it would also mean that Natsu ate Acnologia's Arm and I would of love to see Natsu do that.

Those the thing which God Slayer and the God of Life and Death who started this mess was never solve.
I mean really if Dragon Slayer were make to slay dragons do to the problem which dragons doesn't that mean there is some kind of God Civil War we don't know about or something because there would be no other reason for God to teach humans power to Slay Gods unless Gods were trying to kill each other.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2017-07-14 at 19:14.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 19:40   Link #16978
Wandering Soul

I'm not disappointed by this final fight, but that may be because when I went into this with pretty much zero expectations.
Old 2017-07-15, 01:19   Link #16979
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's less than 5 minutes to watch Acnologia defeated with a single punch.
Finally, we can get to the part that Mashima actually prefers over the dragged on Alvarez War Arc...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 01:21   Link #16980
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I went in with no expectations and still came out disappointed. Acnologia can't move. Ok, I buy that. What about his breath weapon? What about the fact that he could just eat anything they threw at him?

Also, you expect me to believe that Meredy has the magical capacity to link everyone together. Whatever, this was just done for the finale, I won't pursue it any further. Well, however bad this came out to be, I'd still give FT a 6/10.

Also also, if Mashima ever picks up another manga in 3 years or so, I'd still pick it up. He has some very good ideas and his other works have been really good.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen