AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 44 35.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 33.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-26, 10:59   Link #61
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Holy shit.. I'm getting AND saving the RAWR
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 13:15   Link #62
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
cih!! i hope mao dead
i hate this character he's so disgusting
wanna to see the relationship between ougi and villeta

somethings in this episode that i want to know why suzaku so suddenly want to see euphemia???

Spoiler:
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 13:22   Link #63
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
cih!! i hope mao dead
i hate this character he's so disgusting
wanna to see the relationship between ougi and villeta

somethings in this episode that i want to know why suzaku so suddenly want to see euphemia???
He is asking that because Nina ask him whether she can see Euphemia or not in last week episode.

Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 13:30   Link #64
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Why compare C.C with Mao? If anything, comparison with Mao can only be made with Lelouch as the other figure. C.C gives Geass. Mao receives and uses it. That alone should be difference as to how they may or may not survive a few dozen gunshot wounds.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 14:03   Link #65
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
Actually i dont think Mao has the ability 2 recover considering he still has the bandages on. Every time when C.C. recovered from serious wounds, she would recover completely like it seemed nothing had happened 2 her. I believe this ability has nothing 2 do with geass, perhaps its only 4 C.C.'s race, so I dont think its possible that Mao has the ability 2 recover like C.C. with bandages around him
not true tbh...he could have been 1) saved by someone or 2) managed to crawl away to safety ~

as long as the bullets didnt hit anything vital mao is somehow able to survive is all we know so far...besides hes just a normal human (crazy in the head but) just like lulu...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 14:28   Link #66
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Yet CC lived after getting shot in the head, for all we know that could be a result of the geass power (yet its more likly that CC is just able to do that on her own).
If that would be the case, then why would she need to shield Lulu ? Most likely it is her own power, or related to her race.
Old 2007-01-26, 15:06   Link #67
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 15:25   Link #68
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
not true tbh...he could have been 1) saved by someone or 2) managed to crawl away to safety ~

as long as the bullets didnt hit anything vital mao is somehow able to survive is all we know so far...besides hes just a normal human (crazy in the head but) just like lulu...
U misunderstood me

Wut i said was "Mao doesnt have C.C.'s recovery ability", I never said he's dead
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 15:35   Link #69
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
U misunderstood me

Wut i said was "Mao doesnt have C.C.'s recovery ability", I never said he's dead
I wonder...

Did anyone watch "The Shadow" live action movie?

Because if Lulu is really mean, he can get Mao a little "operation" like the villain got at the end of that movie. Lobotomy for the win?

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-01-26 at 15:48.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 15:47   Link #70
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroUrashima View Post
Spoiler:
No, that's C.C. Her eye color is tell-tale.
The question, though, is what is she doing at an area that looks like a train station or an airport. It suggests that Lelouch and C.C. are parting for a short while - and that C.C. is possibly fully cooperating with him by then.
Quote:
Unless Mao got a new costume, that's not him. The sides of the cloths splited into two. Mao's cloths doesn't look like that but they are similar. Plus, it's more like purple than Mao's light blue or whatever that color is called.
One also does hardly traipse through a bustling city with blood-soaked, hole-riddled garments...
Consequently, a change of attire but not necessarily of fashion, becomes logical.
Quote:
It's probably Viletta since the bandage is on her left arm too.
Viletta is suffering from amnesia. What would she be doing there stalking people she now has no memory of, when she's still at Ougi's trying to figure out her own identity? Not to mention recover from her wounds and slight trauma?

No, I don't think her memory loss will only last a day and a half or shorter. I believe it'll be longer than that and Mao doesn't seem a patient guy...especially after that defeat...which means that by the time she remembers who she is and who Zero is, the Mao arc will be over by a long time. Besides, even though the staff likes to throw in sudden, world-upending plot turns, I believe they'll take their time developing Viletta's predicament and plant the seeds of a future, heart-wrenching dilemma in which she'll have to choose between Ougi and her duty as a Britannian and Purist. Having her regain her memories out of the blue would shoot the high potential in this possible situation to hell and gone.
Quote:
If that would be the case, then why would she need to shield Lulu ? Most likely it is her own power, or related to her race.
Leaked spoilers stated that Mao's Geass evolved. Who knows what else it conferred to him as an unexpected side-effect.

Moreover, a bulletproof jacket, depending on its thickness, can stop that many bullets...but the wearer will still suffer from broken ribs (a BpJ merely prevents projectiles from entering the body but cannot fully absorb their kinetic energy) and heavy haemorrhages, even if possible lucky rounds (armor-piercing ones like the FN-Herstal, 5.7x28mm, SS190 for the FN Five-seveN and FN P90) do not punch through vital organs, arteries and such. However, seeing that he was bleeding, it's likely he didn't have any. Best explanation that comes to mind for his survival would be devil's luck. Those cops didn't look like the sharpest of shots in the police force, either.
Quote:
Man...Milly looks so expectantly at Lelouch when she asks him what to do about her omiai....
Well, maybe she feels that Lelouch might offer her a way out - knowing that he's a prince? I don't mean it as in, he'd make her a proposal to end her worries (since he's penniless it's no solution to the family's problems), but perhaps she feels some like she needs his advice (after all, he's well-acquainted with the workings of high class society)? Apart from him being a close friend?

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-01-26 at 16:00.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 16:00   Link #71
etothex

Spoiler:

going through the really good episodes, i found the elements that make a winning episode: LL being evilly cunning, CC showing a bit of vulnerability, learning a bit more about CC's past, Kallen kicking ass, Lloyd being his usual self, Suzaku not being a stupid lush (or in the case of ep 11, getting f*ed over), and honorary mention for CC cosplaying, and Viletta with her hair down (the skin was just a bonus).

This ep had practically all the above, just missing Kallen's whooping on some Britannian fodder.

And I'm gonna have to say, the bandaged arm in the preview isn't Viletta, cuz I doubt Ougi is fool enough to be letting her run around. Wouldn't it be great if while she was roaming around freely, she figured everything out and remembered who Zero was, and took off.

PS I didn't mean to make any Orenji-kun fans mad, it's just he kind of doesn't factor in right now.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 16:29   Link #72
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Moreover, a bulletproof jacket, depending on its thickness, can stop that many bullets...but the wearer will still suffer from broken ribs (a BpJ merely prevents projectiles from entering the body but cannot fully absorb their kinetic energy) and heavy haemorrhages, even if possible lucky rounds (armor-piercing ones like the FN-Herstal, 5.7x28mm, SS190 for the FN Five-seveN and FN P90) do not punch through vital organs, arteries and such. However, seeing that he was bleeding, it's likely he didn't have any. Best explanation that comes to mind for his survival would be devil's luck. Those cops didn't look like the sharpest of shots in the police force, either.
I don't think the officers were carrying AP bullets either. At least it didn't look like it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 17:43   Link #73
Ansa

Concerning Mao:

Spoiler:
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 18:41   Link #74
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

[QUOTE=etothex;812734]
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-26, 19:02   Link #75
flou
That's no lady

@skyfall

Spoiler:
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 19:33   Link #76
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
One also does hardly traipse through a bustling city with blood-soaked, hole-riddled garments...
One does not generally traipse anywhere with a hole-riddled body.

Quote:
Consequently, a change of attire but not necessarily of fashion, becomes logical.
Viletta is suffering from amnesia. What would she be doing there stalking people she now has no memory of, when she's still at Ougi's trying to figure out her own identity? Not to mention recover from her wounds and slight trauma?
Nonsense, all villains have a walk in wardrobe of identical evil attire. :) After his face got shot up though, a mask is probably in order. Even after vaporizing people; get them a mask, and they are good to go. The details aren't important.

In relation to Viletta though, Mao is in far worse shape. After what you say below, I am surprised you would suggest that he is up and about. Viletta could be there with Ougi, and it may be no more than a coincidence. Not very likely, but more likely than the zombie Mao scenario.
Quote:
No, I don't think her memory loss will only last a day and a half or shorter. I believe it'll be longer than that and Mao doesn't seem a patient guy...especially after that defeat...which means that by the time she remembers who she is and who Zero is, the Mao arc will be over by a long time.
Patience or not, especially after that defeat, Mao isn't (shouldn't be) going anywhere. Unless he had someone standing by to transplant his brain into a cyborg body, or magically developed superhuman healing abilities, or was a vampire or other undead creature, Viletta will be completely recovered before he can even sit up. Hell, perhaps those scientists were strolling by, and have now created some sort of Mao/Orange frankenstein.

If he is alive, Sunrise will have a very difficult time producing a satisfactory excuse for his resurrection. As usual, cheap tricks and lame plot devices will have to suffice.
Quote:
Besides, even though the staff likes to throw in sudden, world-upending plot turns, I believe they'll take their time developing Viletta's predicament and plant the seeds of a future, heart-wrenching dilemma in which she'll have to choose between Ougi and her duty as a Britannian and Purist. Having her regain her memories out of the blue would shoot the high potential in this possible situation to hell and gone.
Leaked spoilers stated that Mao's Geass evolved. Who knows what else it conferred to him as an unexpected side-effect.
I completely agree with you here, and I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Evolved Geass of immortality though? Come on--that isn't a plot turn at all. That is just a lame excuse to shortcut the plot development. While CG is a good show, stupid things like this invariably take their toll, and that is rather unfortunate. I wish Sunrise would quit doing such things.
Quote:
Yep, he'd be mushified enough to stuff in a suitcase, which would be appropriate. How can C.C. retain any feelings for someone who wants to saw her into pieces?
c^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 19:50   Link #77
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
How can C.C. retain any feelings for someone who wants to saw her into pieces?
Oh, that's easy; CC believe she was responsible for Mao's current mental state. It is the classic "It's all my fault that I am a bad mother" syndrome.

In fact, I would lose respect for her if CC didn't take pity on Mao. Giving super powers to a nine year old child was a bad idea to begin with, and I believe CC now understand why.
Old 2007-01-26, 20:34   Link #78
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
The question, though, is what is she doing at an area that looks like a train station or an airport. It suggests that Lelouch and C.C. are parting for a short while - and that C.C. is possibly fully cooperating with him by then.
Spoiler:

Quote:
In fact, I would lose respect for her if CC didn't take pity on Mao. Giving super powers to a nine year old child was a bad idea to begin with, and I believe CC now understand why.
I must agree, however I too understand why she gives power to him. Most likely its because she thinks giving him power would helps him to be able to live on strongly and ultimately by himself in the future. She has no idea what power would Mao get. She even stay with him once she learn that the power cause him to have a difficult life. But ultimately she has a wish that need to be done, so she went off saying good bye to him hoping that he can live on without her.

Quote:
for next episode, since mao's taking Nunally, does this mean onii-sama's secret is gonna be spilled. It's almost certain that Mao, being the evil psycho he is, is gonna be twisting Nunally's thoughts around. Giving her the shock of LL's other identity would be some nice revenge and LL can't geass his own sister.
Spoiler:

Last edited by quina; 2007-01-26 at 20:48.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 01:45   Link #79
anselfir
Style Über Alles

An excellent episode overall as far as the geass development goes, it is necessary to clear up the backlog of issues. However,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-27, 10:44   Link #80
Kusaja

It's hard for me to honestly rate the episode without understanding any significant amount of Japanese at all, just reading through online summaries, but for now I'd have to say that it seems to be quite good.

It doesn't advance the main Britannia plot, no, but it does have some apparently interesting Lelouch, / C.C. character moments (and Viletta fanservice, of course).

As for Mao's situation...
Spoiler:
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote