AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-14, 10:06   Link #241
Jonova
JoJo

the face is kinda meh but the hair is perfect imo
Old 2008-07-14, 12:44   Link #242
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post

the face is kinda meh but the hair is perfect imo
Yes, the face, somethings not right about the face.
Old 2008-07-14, 13:19   Link #243
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

It is probably because she is like 12. That is what I think at least. Though the hair does look strangely Teresa-esque.
Old 2008-07-15, 05:29   Link #244
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

The hair is the easyest thing to change and make it look like that, or even wear a wig if necessary. You can always make some actres's hair look like Teresa's. What's more important is the face and the precence that she gives off and that she can act, half of this thread is filled with anorexic 12-13-14 old models which hair reminded some fanboy of Teresa and they go "yay",but other than the hair (and some blue eyes that might actualy be contacts) there is nothing there to even resemble Teresa. Of all the posts of models there was only one that catched my eye - she really looked like Ophilia, and not just because of her hair...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon View Post

*The darkness will rise from the deep
And carry you down into sleep...*
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day to make you like everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting...
Old 2008-07-15, 13:52   Link #245
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Eh, to be honest that one looks more like a wooden mannequin.
Old 2008-07-15, 17:58   Link #246
Sunater
Słnater Annčs

Send a message via MSN to Sunater
Irene looks allot like Galadriel from LOTR (Cate Blanchett)

Spoiler for Irene:

Galatea...(I picture Galatea, a women with strong bone structure and very obvious beautiful face..)
Spoiler for Galatea:

This girl could look like Priscilla.. Her eyes specially..

Old 2008-07-17, 01:05   Link #247
ergon

looks like this but its only fanart

that other model looks too much like ophelia...almost as if she actually inspired the pic.
Old 2008-07-17, 02:06   Link #248
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Since we seem to be looking for appropriate hair styles to match Claymores this might be what Miria's hair looks like... though it is just a guess. I thought of looking for a spikey haired punk, but those searches were rather fruitless. I figured this hair is spikey and while it does not look exactly like her style could work in a live action. Miria's hair is hard for me to imagine looking the way it does unless it is just a very poorly done layering job.

Clare's is much easier to find as I believe her hairstyle is called a chopped bob.

Edit: Hey! I may have found a style that matches Miria more. It is called a Razor Hair cut and it does involve lots of layering. These pics are of the cut, not so much matching Miria. Though I do like the hair Caprice has as it seems so much more unique... Though I don't know how much it would match Miria's character in the story. We'd have to talk to the director.
Spoiler for I haven't found one that looks much like Miria, but this is what the cut looks like:

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-07-17 at 04:20. Reason: found an appropriate cut
Old 2008-07-17, 03:44   Link #249
Ryuken
Claymore #01

You know your hair @chiba.
Old 2008-07-17, 06:23   Link #250
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

@ chiba:
This hair style reminds me more of Lune, and Miria's hair style is what you can't call poorly done, it's actually very hard to achieve: you need to have healthy, straight and thick hair, cuz it won't work on curly hair, and it won't have the same effect if the hair is thin or exhausted. Like this girl here -
her hair looks very thin, and only the shortest layer is sittinng the way it's suppose to be.

Then it must be cut on layers, and beleive me that is not as easy as it looks, some unexperienced hairdresser might butcher your hair if he cuts the layers too deep, it happened to me once and it took months for my hair to recover so I can cut it again and get the hairstyle I wanted. After the layering is done the tips of the hair are artificially made thiner with special scissors - http://www.manicure4u.co.uk/images/627-55.jpg

this done so that when you prosses the hair it can get the spiky look. After the thining is done you put some styling products on the hair and use a round brush -
http://www.cuttininn.com/Products/Images/ACFA0CB.jpg

and a blowdryer to make the tips of the hair stick out, in Miria's case they're pointing "in" to her face and are underlining it's shape and features. Although it's not possible to find and exact match to Miria's hair, I'm sure there is something that comes really close to hers.

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day to make you like everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting...
Old 2008-07-17, 13:25   Link #251
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I've got a Lune hair style for ya pre-Claymore black hair Lune and Bo Derek, rocking the cornrows in the 80's!

You are right BishounoTersa, Miria's hair would be a hard to achieve effect. I wonder if she phantom cuts it herself? I still am a fan of the spiky style, but that really has nothing to do with getting Miria's hair right ... And I just realized that if Miria's hair is hard to find, Luciella's and Riful's are going to be even harder.

Spoiler for A few different layering styles, some with pieces that match Miria but no solid contenders. The center part is a real killer in a lot of cases. yet...:
Spoiler for Some others...:
Maybe next we could figure out costuming .
Spoiler for costumes!:

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-07-17 at 14:20.
Old 2008-07-17, 14:09   Link #252
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

Too bad Val Kilmer is now tooooo old to play Isley, if he was just 20 years younger...

Old 2008-07-17, 14:32   Link #253
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think Val Kilmer could pull it off. He'd have to slim down again for the role, but actors do that all the time. Slim down, beef up, and by the time they are doing interviews and promoting their movie they are back to normal. It freaks me out. Like what Tom Hanks did for Cast Away. Or what the guys did for 300. I think Val Kilmer could convey just the amount of sarcasm, intelligence and cynicism needed for Isley's character. Then we could throw Christian Bale in as Rigardo. Of course, he'd only have a few lines in his human form, but the girls would flip for those moments. He could even tear his clothes off as he transforms as fan service.

Of course, Val Kilmer with silver hair might end up looking like Christopher Lambert in Mortal Kombat, but we'd just need to get the right design and make up people so Val could shine . I don't know who could do Isley better. Well, now that Heath Ledger is no longer an option. He looked the part more, but I was never sure of his acting. I'll see Batman soon and make an executive decision.
Old 2008-07-17, 16:22   Link #254
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

Yeah, I guess Val could pull it off, loose some weight, cuz now he's kind of fat, and get in good shape again. We can make him look younger with make up , but about the hair...well why not make the exeption of him having just blond hair? He did look good with blond hair back in the days, so this would be a good way to avoid the Cristopher Lambert look. Cristian Bale - I can't stand to look at him ever since I watched "American psycho" that was sick! But after seeing "Equilibrium" I started liking him again, but I always thought that Jonny Deep can play Rigardo.

Last edited by BishounoTeresa; 2008-07-17 at 16:34.
Old 2008-07-17, 16:36   Link #255
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think that response is exactly what you would want for someone playing Rigardo . Christian Bale certainly can play someone about to go into blood lust mode. I have real difficultly looking at Johnny Depp and not laughing. I can't take the guy seriously even though he is a good actor. It must have been Edward Scissor Hands, or Pirates of the Caribbean, or Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, or Benny and Joon, or... well pretty much anything I have seen him in. He could make an excellent MiB though as he can do mysterious.

Since Rigardo's human form is really just a cameo and then some digitized voice acting we could put Tom Cruise in there . A whole role reversal from Top Gun with Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise talking. I'd expect Isley to call Rigardo a "maverick" and Rigardo to call Isley "Ice Man" Though when he transforms and goes insane it might not surprise people. Josh Hartnett also might be an interesting Rigardo. Who would you pick as the current grown up Raki?
Old 2008-07-18, 01:54   Link #256
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

Are you kidding me, Jonny Deep is great! and he can also play a blood thursty killer, have you seen him in "Sweeney Todd"? I know at first I thought I couldn't stand it because it's a musical and the lines are in rhymes, but it turned out great!

Tom Cruise, well I was a big fan of him, but not lately. Between him and Bale, I would pick Bale.
About Raki, I'm not a very big fan of him, but since now he's gone all mighty mouse and everyone likes him we must pick someone nice, in good shape, ok as an actor and he must be young so how about Channing Tatum? I wouldn't hate Raki if he were to play him

Old 2008-07-18, 02:13   Link #257
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishounoTeresa View Post
I wouldn't hate Raki if he were to play him
Wavering, you are.
Keep the dark side strong, you must.
Towards the light, stray you must not!

(Leonardo D'caprio would be ideal for Raki for that purpose)
Old 2008-07-18, 04:17   Link #258
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Wavering, you are.
Keep the dark side strong, you must.
Towards the light, stray you must not!

(Leonardo D'caprio would be ideal for Raki for that purpose)
I think Leo would do a good job.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:24   Link #259
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@BishounoTeresa: I had no idea who Channing Tatum was so I had to look him up. It appears he has been in some movies my sister and her friends have seen, but that I have not. Though it does appear that he will be in some movies that I will see in the future like GI Joe. Mostly what stuck out was that there are an insane number of pictures of him without a shirt on, with comments from girls that say, "He's so hottt!!! " So I see where the excitement is coming from.

I have mixed feelings about Leonardo Decaprio but he has done some good acting (and some terrible acting). I am not sure what caused him to vary his performance so much so we'd have to see what the director did with him.
Old 2008-07-21, 10:01   Link #260
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

I just can't picture Leo playing him...he just doesn't fit the role of the "new" Raki...now Channing on the other hand can give much to this role

Closed Thread