AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-10-15, 00:15   Link #261
fierysky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaheed79
YBut Bleach to me reaked of overcooked shounen at least the anime form. "Oh NO! How can a MERE HUMAN break my all powerful Bond Spell?!!" "Oh NO! How can his Sword be So BIG?" "Oh NO! why is his energy so Powerful?!". I cringed 5 or 6 times during all that. Seen it and heard it a hundred times before and many times better done with a lot better pacing. I'll say this in defense of Naruto though he went through a steady progression of aquiring skills and even then he would get his butt kicked sometimes because he was inexperienced. The underdog underdog if you will. This guy in bleach is comin off like Goku in the first episode.
Well Naruto has the "OMG who is this KID?! WHY IS HE SO POWERFUL" moments too u know. A few times actually. Plus Ichigo is not invincible either.....

Spoiler:
fierysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 04:02   Link #262
maximus08

Bleach

Very nice anime, it's from the makers of naruto.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kurosaki Ichigo is a normal 15-year-old student except he could see ghosts, but his fate changed a lot when he met Kuchiki Rukia, who named herself Death. She appeared in front of him following the ghost called “Hollow”. Hollow attached the spirit of Ichigo who had a strong spiritual power. Rukia came to help him, but because of the serious injury she couldn’t fight the ghost. She made up her mind to share her power of Death to Ichigo. The battles of Ichigo, who happened to get the powers of Death, and Rukia, who had lost her power, has just begun.

Source: http://www.animenfo.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greettings,

M

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-15 at 04:36. Reason: Threads merged. It is always better to post in an exiting thread. Please SEARCH!
maximus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 04:38   Link #263
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If you'd bothered to check for an already existing thread about Bleach you'd have found out that this information is completely unnecessary. We've been happily chatting about the show for 14 pages now.

In the future don't create a thread before you search to see if someone else has already created that thread. You didn't even put it in the right sub-forum. Now everyone knows what a newbie you are!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:12   Link #264
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

The people who get turned off by Bleach episode 01 most think it's too predictable and it's too "shounen" because of the overly played idea of boy discovering hidden powers. However, only those who continue to watch past this intro and the veterans who have been following the manga see how the Bleach story/world is much more than this and there are many layers of mysteries and plots.

The Bleach of today sure hell beats the Naruto of today. My $0.02

Furthernote, when are we getting our very own Bleach forum?? So crowded in here
Old 2004-10-15, 05:49   Link #265
maximus08

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
If you'd bothered to check for an already existing thread about Bleach you'd have found out that this information is completely unnecessary. We've been happily chatting about the show for 14 pages now.

In the future don't create a thread before you search to see if someone else has already created that thread. You didn't even put it in the right sub-forum. Now everyone knows what a newbie you are!
I have search it and didn't found it.

I have put it in the general anime section.

He you know i'm a newbie, your good ;-)
maximus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 06:03   Link #266
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phych
What was
Spoiler:
?
Spoiler:
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 12:03   Link #267
kvnphm1

The story is kinda slow in the beginning but it will pick up after volume 7 when they enter soul society =p
kvnphm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 13:14   Link #268
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnphm1
The story is kinda slow in the beginning but it will pick up after volume 7 when they enter soul society =p
I'd hardly say it's picked up, this arc seems like it's to be taking forever.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 18:58   Link #269
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
You never know what they would do in the anime version. Not every Shounen anime follows the manga perfectly like Naruto (well Naruto until now).
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 19:42   Link #270
b-a-k-a

Thumbs up

although nothing groundbreaking, "bleach" seems to be an enjoyable show. i found the action scenes to be well put together and the comedy elements certainly made me smile. ^_^
b-a-k-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 00:07   Link #271
Rebochan
Clubbing

Wow. I missed the manga because I only learned about it just before it was licensed, but I recalled hearing good things about it, so I figured I'd give the anime a try and see if I would search out the manga if it was good enough. I'm impressed so far - it's a lot better paced in these two episodes than a lot of other shonen shows I've seen. In particular, nobody's given a five minute detailed explanation of every minute tidbit about the previous action taken by a character. Though it is only two episodes in, and episode 2 was a cliff hanger.

The wandering souls concept has my interest piqued. Though I sure hope Orihime never finds out about what happened to her brother.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 05:34   Link #272
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Very good so far. Loved the scene with Orihime in ep 2 where she ends up talking Giberish to Ichigo's asking if she needs help up.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 07:25   Link #273
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san
Very good so far. Loved the scene with Orihime in ep 2 where she ends up talking Giberish to Ichigo's asking if she needs help up.
Yah... that scene's kinda funny

I've read the manga up to chapter 133, so guess that the anime gonna have more than 100+ episodes then?
Old 2004-10-16, 19:05   Link #274
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Bleach wasn't on my list of shows to check out this season but I'm now quite interested in it. I'm going to be totally out of sync with everyone else on this thread but well I've only just watched Episode 1 at the AnimeSuki IRC anime party today and I've never seen the manga, so you'll just have to bare with me and suffer my naivety.

I can see why a lot of people don't like the opening music; it sounds really erratic almost discordant at first and like your average "spoken" / "rapped" jpop immediately afterwards... however it is catchy and the second time around the chorus starts to grow on you... listen to it enough and you'll be finding yourself actually liking it.

The opening itself is quite nice too ... I'm not normally a fan of the style; but the bold lines and bright colours, reminiscent of a 70s American TV show, really grab the attention and mix well with the music. Luckily it doesn't stick with this though and the blend of styles and themes is actually interesting to watch, unlike a lot of shows I was quite content to watch the whole thing without feeling the need to skip it.

The opening is only a small part of a show, but I found this one did a good job of putting me in the right mood to receive what came next. After a few minutes I was getting the same feeling I got from Get Backers -- it looks like a serious show but with a strong current of comedy and a mix of characters that would be easy to get attached to -- this feeling didn't stop either. Right from the first few scenes I had an idea about what to expect from the show and it didn't disappoint.

I'm wasn't overly fond of the character designs for the main part -- Ichigo took a bit of getting used to... but there is a good mix of cute girls and chibi-esq moments in the mix to soften the atmosphere, again much like Get Backers. Of course, by the end of the show you're left with what I expect will be the design that carries him through to the end... and he did look quite cool in that outfit.

Which brings me to the premise of the show; for some reason I find it very appealing. All I can think is "cool idea"... although I don't know why, I'm not normally a fan of such shows. I'm looking forward to interesting plot developments. As I said, I've not read the manga... and while I'm not a fan of the genera I still hear good things about it so hopefully I won't be disappointed... given we don't know how long it will be yet, it would be a shame if were to end up like Naruto and become stale. If the style used in the fights so far continues I think I'll be able to deal with it .
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 22:00   Link #275
IDentity
Heart of a Lion

overall, I think the intro song wasn't that bad! In fact I think it was good. Rukia's talking manner was weird but yet funny! And what the hell would Orihime make for dinner if Tatsuki's beef and potato stew didn't went to her rescue?
IDentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 02:06   Link #276
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
I can see why a lot of people don't like the opening music; it sounds really erratic almost discordant at first and like your average "spoken" / "rapped" jpop immediately afterwards... however it is catchy and the second time around the chorus starts to grow on you... listen to it enough and you'll be finding yourself actually liking it.

I'm wasn't overly fond of the character designs for the main part -- Ichigo took a bit of getting used to... but there is a good mix of cute girls and chibi-esq moments in the mix to soften the atmosphere, again much like Get Backers. Of course, by the end of the show you're left with what I expect will be the design that carries him through to the end... and he did look quite cool in that outfit.

Which brings me to the premise of the show; for some reason I find it very appealing. All I can think is "cool idea"... although I don't know why, I'm not normally a fan of such shows. I'm looking forward to interesting plot developments. As I said, I've not read the manga... and while I'm not a fan of the genera I still hear good things about it so hopefully I won't be disappointed... given we don't know how long it will be yet, it would be a shame if were to end up like Naruto and become stale. If the style used in the fights so far continues I think I'll be able to deal with it .
I think that pretty explains why I like the opening. I watched it at least ten times because the song was so catchy. I thought the animation really fit the song too. I even made my favorite part of the opening into a gif. ^_^;;

You do not like the character design Nightshade?! How can you? I thought Ichigo looked really good. Not to mention I loved his personality. The fact he is not perverted, and unlike most main characters in Shounen manga, actually has a brain (He can actually do school no problem, and use his brain in fights). Rukia looked strange when I first saw her and almost stopped me from watching the anime. I got used to her looks now though and her personality more than enough made up for her tomboy look.

I finished reading the manga yesterday night (well most of what was published anyway). It was awsome. At the moment I think the anime is pretty good I watched the two episodes without skipping anything, but I hope like you it won't turn sort of boring like Naruto. I hope it won't turn into something I will download but never watch.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 02:10   Link #277
Siye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
It was so freakly to see Rukia jump out of Ichigo's bedroom closet .....totally didn't expect that. That got me thinking, unlike many anime main lead (Midori No Hibi, DearS etc), he actually got family with him at his home. If Rukia was to continue to live under the same roof as Ichigo, how is Ichigo going to hide her now that she's not a 'spirit' anymore but actually a 'girl'?
I'm not trying to sound like a perf or anything, but now that she got a body, she will need to take shower/bath, get change etc......how is she going to do all that without Ichigo's family discovering?
No I haven't read the manga....but I'm guessing may be the only solution is that Ichigo to make up some strange excuse to his family in order for Rukia to stay? Or does Rukia still have the power the alter Ichigi's family members' memory and making them thinking she's Ichigo's cousin or something? lol
But then that wouldn't work either since the people at school already know she and Ichigo is not related.
If you really want to know....

Spoiler:
Siye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 05:09   Link #278
7thMethuselah

Episode 2 was quite likeable as well, I'm getting excited about this show. One thing really surprised me though : the Death-God is a girl??? I was convinced it was a boy after seeing episode 1
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 06:27   Link #279
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnphm1
The Soul Society arc is taking forever, at this rate it will be over 10 volumes. Hell, the series is even slower than Naruto. I like the beginning part of Bleach, episodes from volume 3 are going to be gold if made enough right. Kinda like the Zabuza arc of Naruto. Speaking of Naruto, I would like to see some random high quality episodes as the studio is doing with Naruto.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 06:45   Link #280
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
One thing really surprised me though : the Death-God is a girl??? I was convinced it was a boy after seeing episode 1
Yes, and call her a Shinigami please!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
The Soul Society arc is taking forever, at this rate it will be over 10 volumes. Hell, the series is even slower than Naruto. I like the beginning part of Bleach, episodes from volume 3 are going to be gold if made enough right. Kinda like the Zabuza arc of Naruto. Speaking of Naruto, I would like to see some random high quality episodes as the studio is doing with Naruto.
Sigh, what do you expect? Typical shounen manga...broke my heart.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote