AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 98 65.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-24, 09:37   Link #41
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Spoiler for content:
He did manage to gather almost all the Tomogara to go to the new world, though, Lammies said that. Of course, it was also said that for sure, not every Tomogara decided to go the new world, and as you said, there will probably be a few coming from Guze, but I can't imagine it being a whole lot, when there is an almost identical world that doesn't require you to feed off PoE to survive

And about the Gateway, you are right, Tartaros was used for the city protection, of course, my bad. Just reread the end of the chapter too - somewhere in the middle it was said that noone knows when the doorway will disappear, and the end of the chapter didn't even say that it disappeared, so that was J.C.Staff's doing, but I don't mind. It was said anyway that all the Tomogara left by the time their battle finished, "leaving behind a feeling of emptiness", so it should be fine^^
Old 2012-03-24, 11:54   Link #42
tsunade666

Simply the BEST!!!!! I can't forgive myself for forgetting that last day is the ending of Shana. I can't believe it took me a day to remember! DARN!!!

SIMPLY THE SWEETEST THING EVER!!

Ah I love happy endings and sweet endings and also romantic endings. Their is lot to love on this episode that I can't simply contain myself for loving it again and again and again. Simply PERFECT!

Happy and Romantic endings are simply my favorite. I pity my other favorite novel because I don't see Tamni ending in any romantic ending.
Old 2012-03-25, 02:20   Link #43
andy

It has been a long time and i will really miss watching Shana but this is a great end to show i have been watching for so long .
I really like happy endings and this has everything to make me happy a 10 out of 10 .
I will most likely watch this ep over again a few more times so all in all Shana you will be missed but i could not ask for better ending .
Old 2012-03-25, 02:37   Link #44
RDF2050
Superidol

I am sad and happy at the same time. I am going to miss this series so much with their interesting characters like Shana.
Old 2012-03-25, 02:38   Link #45
zero7090

Thank you Yashichiro Takahashi
Thank you Noizi Ito
Thank you everyone at J.C staff

Thank you for everything.

p/s: spiral king is a little girl
Old 2012-03-25, 03:37   Link #46
Kakkou
Tch.

I have to admit, despite my indifference towards the Shana franchise at this point, it ended satisfyingly. Hearing Hisoku no Sora was a nice touch. My only gripe with the ending was the bunch of tagalong Flame Hazes who went to Xanadu along with the three bastard gods of earth.

Well it's been a long journey with it's ups and (many) downs but it was a nice ride overall.
Old 2012-03-25, 05:15   Link #47
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"You could have just asked"
Well, fuck, I'd throw a tantrum like Shana too, after watching these events.

Hirai was a nice touch, because that's where the series first started with its issues of existence, and it was clear Yuji would never forget. And he didn't. This was also a good fight; I haven't been a huge fan of the fights around here.

When I was watching, I was thinking they'd be lame and not show them kiss, and pass their fight as a metaphor for sex. But they did. Finally, after 7 god damned years, they finally kiss for all of 2 seconds.

Well, this season has varied greatly in quality, but unlike last season I was here, I can end this series in peace. 8/10 finale.

Farewell, and have a melonpan while you're at it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-25, 05:20   Link #48
Senshigeia

Now that I've seen it with subs I get a lot more from this episode. First I was somehow expecting to have some lines from the novels and they didn't get animated. Well I guess the episode was really small for so much stuff going on, and J. C. Staff really did a nice job making this episode, so I don't blame them. And since the episode is so fateful to the novel, I guess we can just go read it to get more details.

Anyway, with the subs I like this episode even more! Wilhelmina's goodbye was so sentimental... I almost cried hearing her. The Flame Haze part on Tendo-kyoku felt a little rushed, I mean 1200 Flame Hazes that were outside waiting for 10 Flame Hazes that were fighting inside the Fuzetsu? And they were just... watching? I loved Chiara though

Finally the battle. I enjoyed Yuji bringing up so many emotions in such a tornado, and Shana busting all the stress she has been through into him like that. I get her, after so much he says he needs to endure everything alone and not be with her? And what about her feelings? I would have done the same if I could
I wish the fight would have been longer though, the end felt like... rushed. Even the part when they are [finally!!] alone felt rushed. And I wish I could have heard Yuji
Spoiler for novel conversation:

Also, and after watching this episode, like... 10 times , I find scenes pretty much well animated, and other really bad Like Shana's face sometimes twisted and so... even so, a deserving 10+ episode, but could have been even better if it had been a few minutes longer and had better animation.

EDIT: Fortunately Xanadu must also have melon pan eheheh!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-03-25, 05:40   Link #49
Crontica

Goodbye Shakugan no Shana sweet melodies and dreams, we shall miss you forever.
Old 2012-03-25, 05:50   Link #50
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Thank you Yashichiro Takahashi, Noizi Ito and J.C.Staff.
It was so awesome. I'm so happy I have picked this story ! *sniff*
Too many emotions...
Old 2012-03-25, 06:09   Link #51
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Well, a good optimistic end for a good serie. Not the best for me but was ok to be remembered.

8/10 for the entire saga.
Old 2012-03-25, 06:22   Link #52
drulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I wish the fight would have been longer though, the end felt like... rushed. Even the part when they are [finally!!] alone felt rushed. And I wish I could have heard Yuji
Spoiler for novel conversation:
I agree with what you said, I also felt it was rushed. That was the only problem I had with the last episode but I'd still give it a perfect score though
Old 2012-03-25, 07:27   Link #53
SpAyKeR

Well, I am sad that is already end ;(... To be honest I want more! But to the point.
The epilogue just a little confused me... I've read all the post here, but could someone explain me, how it is possible that Sakai was erased from the picture? He turned himself into the human (thanks go to Lamis for his reward - Grammatica), but did his parents and others have forgotten him forever? I do not get the epilogue's point.

Once again thank you J.C. Staff, Takashi Wantanabe, Yashichiro Takahashi and all other crew that who created the great story.

"Never need to question, how to defeat you" -by Disturbed
Old 2012-03-25, 08:12   Link #54
samplay2

Well, this episode was awesome but i don't understand everything.

Why Flame Haze go to Xanadu as well ?
Is there also a copy of the human in Xanadu ? It said that it was a perfect copy.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:19   Link #55
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAyKeR View Post
Well, I am sad that is already end ;(... To be honest I want more! But to the point.
The epilogue just a little confused me... I've read all the post here, but could someone explain me, how it is possible that Sakai was erased from the picture? He turned himself into the human (thanks go to Lamis for his reward - Grammatica), but did his parents and others have forgotten him forever? I do not get the epilogue's point.

Once again thank you J.C. Staff, Takashi Wantanabe, Yashichiro Takahashi and all other crew that who created the great story.
I think there's some issues about the translation... from what I get from RAW version, Sakai Yuji isn't a human.... but looks like some subber translated it differently...
let's just wait for novel reader to put out which is the right one
Indeed, if he's a human again (resurrected) then it's strange if his existence in Misaki City still erased
Old 2012-03-25, 08:32   Link #56
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I think there's some issues about the translation... from what I get from RAW version, Sakai Yuji isn't a human.... but looks like some subber translated it differently...
let's just wait for novel reader to put out which is the right one
Indeed, if he's a human again (resurrected) then it's strange if his existence in Misaki City still erased
I think it's suppose to be Yuji is a real existence rather than a human.

When you go to Xanadu all traces of your existence will be erased from earth.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:45   Link #57
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Nostalogic... started watching SnS when I was 17, and I'm 23 now. This series was the first JC Staff anime I watched, before moving on to ZnT, HnG, ToraDora, etc (see the common factor??).

My tastes have changed over the years, and I've switched to other series with different genres (especially slice of life), but this episode is a satisfying closure to one of the earliest anime that I really paid attention to. Hope JC Staff will also have a final series for HnG.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:08   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Truly the end of an Era, Shana was one of the series that started my golden age of Anime watching, from a clueless sucker randomly picking out shows on youtube, to this torrent downloading bugger that watches 5-8 shows ever season.

I can't think of many adaptations that have the good fortune of having multiple Anime seasons and was able to end on a conclusive note. It's been a long time coming with as many high notes as there were bumpy roads, and I'm certain there were a number of things that people probably didn't enjoy, but like me, I'm certain all that was put aside as we're all glad that we get to see the end of things.

And that kiss... If there's one thing that I can agree with JC Staff's methods is that they never shy away from showing a kiss scene. I know it's a minor detail, but some times 'Implied' just doesn't cut it (I'm looking at you Bakemonogatari !) Shana and Yuiji's kiss would be the very definition of the saying- "It's been a long time coming..." and I'll be damned if I didn't get to see it in full HD glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Hope JC Staff will also have a final series for HnG.
Unfortunately that's out of JC Staff's hands.

Hayate had been given to yet another studio again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplay2 View Post
Why Flame Haze go to Xanadu as well ?
Is there also a copy of the human in Xanadu ? It said that it was a perfect copy.
Yes there are Humans in Xanadu, hence the whole issue of Flame Hazes worrying that the Tomogaras would just repeat their actions like in this world.

I suppose they went to Xanadu to keep an eye on the Tomogaras there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Happy and Romantic endings are simply my favorite. I pity my other favorite novel because I don't see Tamni ending in any romantic ending.
That's because it's not a romance story

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-25 at 09:25.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:08   Link #59
silvercover
Romance Expert

2-3 people must be jealous of shana getting all the attention if they arent even posting why its painful

as for me, I found this episode perfect. I was a bit miffed when sydonay die like that but then we see that he wanted to be with hecate and gave himself up. really sweet, tickles the heart of the romance expert. 10/10.
love the nice touch with hirai, she was the one that led everything to where it is right now, not the whole "flamehaze/mystes/existence".

I dont think il find any other manga/anime that will be like SnS. its really unique in the aspects used as its not too dark/dramatic/comedic/hectic as other series with the same elements. what makes SnS great is that while it produces all of those things mentioned, its hardly to the point of being too "heavy" on the viewers.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:36   Link #60
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, at least Yoshida got the last words in the series. That should count for something. I guess. >_<
Closed Thread