AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-09, 14:48   Link #141
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Well he does give it to other people who are better at using swords than him, but since it is integrated with his SG I dont think there would be any more tweaks needed to be done
Remember, Ise was a human reincarnated as a devil, now he is a dragon reincarnated as a devil. Ascalon's dragon slayer ability would have an even on Ise now than before.

In nom@n's summary one of Ise's pawn turned into Ascalon, thus it is not assimilated into his SG anymore, so treating Ascalon as a seperate object is logical. That's only my opinion though (logic never really existed in DxD); for more infos we need more spoilers or we have to wait until Vol. 14.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:54   Link #142
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Remember, Ise was a human reincarnated as a devil, now he is a dragon reincarnated as a devil. Ascalon's dragon slayer ability would have an even on Ise now than before.

In nom@n's summary one of Ise's pawn turned into Ascalon, thus it is not assimilated into his SG anymore, so treating Ascalon as a seperate object is logical. That's only my opinion though (logic never really existed in DxD); for more infos we need more spoilers or we have to wait until Vol. 14.
Just because his pawn turned into ascalon doesnt necessarily mean that it is no longer a part of his SG. Even before he would give the sword to either Xenovia or Kiba for them to use. It was assimilated by his SG once in comliance to his feelings and once again it went to Kiba because of his feelings, so I dont see any point in him having to assimilate it again
But that's just my take on it, who knows what the author is gonna do now
Old 2012-05-09, 15:13   Link #143
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Mammon Ise is direct, not stupid. He knows Vali won't fall for the same attack twice, Vali is similar to Cao Cao in that aspect in that once he sees an attack he can find a way to counter it (it just may take him longer to figure it out). Vali would research everything about Ise and keep in mind that Ise would probably come up with some ridiculously stupid technique that Vali will not understand no matter how much research he does.
Old 2012-05-09, 15:30   Link #144
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
@Mammon Ise is direct, not stupid. He knows Vali won't fall for the same attack twice, Vali is similar to Cao Cao in that aspect in that once he sees an attack he can find a way to counter it (it just may take him longer to figure it out). Vali would research everything about Ise and keep in mind that Ise would probably come up with some ridiculously stupid technique that Vali will not understand no matter how much research he does.
Agree with this. I mean vol 12 have another example about this i still laught how Ise defeat cao_cao. You never know what Ise can come up. And vali know this pretty well i have to admit,will be pretty interesting see their fight . But for now we have to see how the next arc will play out.Also we still need to know Gasper true power the power he use in vol 12. Rias think is Gasper vampire power but she don't sure. Wich mean we need to know more about him. Would be funny if he is the son between vampire and magician and that's why then next vol/arc it's about them.
Old 2012-05-09, 15:44   Link #145
Mammon

Dragonroots@ I agree with you I was just giving reasoned as to why he could keep ascalon

Soji@ maybe the darkness is like a split personality between gasper, where ones. Nice and gentleand the others well you know what it is
Old 2012-05-09, 16:37   Link #146
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

i hope the next arc is gonna have a badass villain in it
Old 2012-05-09, 17:01   Link #147
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

I'm kinda hoping for a nonchalant type villain, kinda just doing something evil cause he has too, he doesn't care that his actions are evil or hurting others but in order to keep his "subjects(?)" happy he has too. So if the next arc is a vampire/magician arc, then lets say Gasper has vampire assassins going after him and Ise and the rest of the Gremory group go to wherever Gasper is from (or wherever the head vampire is located) and ask why they were sent after Gasper to which the vampire leader says something like "Oh yeah, i forgot i sent those guys after that day-walker halfbreed. Sorry but i can't call em off, it's nothing personal, i don't really care about the amount of power he let out, but the other vampire nobles don't want a half-breed overpowering them so they kinda forced me to send those assassins. I'm their "King(?)" so i have an obligation to my "subjects(?)" to make sure they are all happy." So while he will fight him, he won't really care that much and will just be all lax about it and probably when he loses will just say "Okay, i lose, i'm recalling the order to have you (Gasper) assassinated, if the nobles don't like it, tough, i lost fair and square."
Old 2012-05-09, 19:40   Link #148
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@dragonroots i'd like a villain like that but i hope that there'd be more action and maybe he'd be at least a powerful enough opponent to take on vali/issei/sairorg
Old 2012-05-09, 21:00   Link #149
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Agree with this. I mean vol 12 have another example about this i still laught how Ise defeat cao_cao. You never know what Ise can come up. And vali know this pretty well i have to admit,will be pretty interesting see their fight . But for now we have to see how the next arc will play out.Also we still need to know Gasper true power the power he use in vol 12. Rias think is Gasper vampire power but she don't sure. Wich mean we need to know more about him. Would be funny if he is the son between vampire and magician and that's why then next vol/arc it's about them.
Well, we know Gasper used magic to prematurely end the curse on Xenovia in vol 10. So even if he's not descended from a magician, he was almost certainly trained by one.
Old 2012-05-09, 21:07   Link #150
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
@dragonroots i'd like a villain like that but i hope that there'd be more action and maybe he'd be at least a powerful enough opponent to take on vali/issei/sairorg
Knowing the author the new villain will likely be more then a match for CCQ Issei.
Old 2012-05-09, 21:08   Link #151
Richocet
Lover of Purity

There is still Indra around...bt I think Merlin might probably be a possible antagonist
Old 2012-05-09, 21:13   Link #152
Log

Quote:
There is still Indra around...bt I think Merlin might probably be a possible antagonist
I could see Merlin trolling by turning Issei into a women

Oh wait I'm mixing up Fate Merlin with myth Merlin. But knowing DxD it's still possible.
Old 2012-05-09, 21:27   Link #153
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
I could see Merlin trolling by turning Issei into a women

Oh wait I'm mixing up Fate Merlin with myth Merlin. But knowing DxD it's still possible.
Didn't they already do that to the Gremory group in a short story with ise the only one still a boy
they could turn him into a kid for the sake of the shotacon girls
Old 2012-05-09, 21:30   Link #154
Log

Quote:
Didn't they already do that to the Gremory group in a short story with ise the only one still a boy
they could turn him into a kid for the sake of the shotacon girls
Exactly Issei is still a boy. Once Issei becomes a girl, then where talking.
Old 2012-05-10, 00:08   Link #155
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Log Maybe not him turning into a girl, but maybe a classic body switch where he switches bodies with Rias. And for added fun they keep it a secret from everyone and go about their day as their counterpart (Ise does everything Rias does and vice versa) they also have to fight some enemies and Rias has to fight in close combat in Ise's body (something she's not too good at) and Ise has to fight using Rias' PoD (again, he's not good at fighting with magic) thus at the end of the experience both evolve and Ise learns more about magic and Rias learns more about close combat (for added classic drama they could have had a disagreement about what's better melee power or magic power) and after this they learn to incorporate both elements into their fights (Ise might start infusing punches with magic and Rias might start making weapons of mass destruction).
Old 2012-05-10, 01:05   Link #156
bludvein

Except thats just not really an option for Issei. He doesn't have the capacity for magical power that Rias does. He can use his boost to get good results, but its still not very efficient.

Besides, he already uses magic in his fighting style when suitable. He has the fire skills taught by Tanninim, his Dragon Shot, and his cannons in bishop form(and CCQ). He can probably scale up the destructive power and accuracy of these moves. Oh, and lets not forget Dress Break and Bilingual, although those aren't really fighting moves...
Old 2012-05-10, 01:19   Link #157
JAGI_X

But the Dress Break and Bilingual are banned in rating game right.
Old 2012-05-10, 02:06   Link #158
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
But the Dress Break and Bilingual are banned in rating game right.
Only Bilingual was banned by Rias, Dress Break is fine since it still has the initial activation requirement, touching the opponent at least once.
Old 2012-05-10, 02:59   Link #159
bludvein

Bilingual was only banned by Rias. He still uses it against Sairaorg's bishop in vol 10.
Old 2012-05-10, 03:30   Link #160
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
@Log Maybe not him turning into a girl, but maybe a classic body switch where he switches bodies with Rias. And for added fun they keep it a secret from everyone and go about their day as their counterpart (Ise does everything Rias does and vice versa) they also have to fight some enemies and Rias has to fight in close combat in Ise's body (something she's not too good at) and Ise has to fight using Rias' PoD (again, he's not good at fighting with magic) thus at the end of the experience both evolve and Ise learns more about magic and Rias learns more about close combat (for added classic drama they could have had a disagreement about what's better melee power or magic power) and after this they learn to incorporate both elements into their fights (Ise might start infusing punches with magic and Rias might start making weapons of mass destruction).
is not this something better for a SS?
But i do agree with what you say and honestly would be something funny to see.Also after something like this people become even closer(at least in this kind of story). Then again we need to see more about the other girls,but something like you say would fit better for this 2.(Rias+Ise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Except thats just not really an option for Issei. He doesn't have the capacity for magical power that Rias does. He can use his boost to get good results, but its still not very efficient.

Besides, he already uses magic in his fighting style when suitable. He has the fire skills taught by Tanninim, his Dragon Shot, and his cannons in bishop form(and CCQ). He can probably scale up the destructive power and accuracy of these moves. Oh, and lets not forget Dress Break and Bilingual, although those aren't really fighting moves...
but we do not know if Ise new body fix this. From what we know Ise new body have a big magic potential.We need more info about his new body before say something like this.But i do agree that he already use some magic .
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life