AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-11, 11:56   Link #1861
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Green is highest, red is lowest...within the catagory.

First column with numbers would be winners (highest and lowest vote count divided between the two divisions). Second with numbers would be the losers (highest and lowest vote count again divided between the two divisions) and the lot is the percentage of victory between the winner's votes and the loser's votes. Green would be the largest difference between the two and red the closest. (example, AREA 36 has a 50.12% difference...well Hinagiku only beat Mikury by 6 votes)

My question for this chart would be...what region is this a statistic of? It cannot be the whole of ISML because the vote count is too small.
Old 2012-06-11, 12:38   Link #1862
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm guessing it was a tally half-way through the voting time period if it was a collection of all regions. If it was at the end....China, or is that too few votes for what they contribute?
Old 2012-06-11, 14:36   Link #1863
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
No one answered the question...do you prefer this over the actual results?
Old 2012-06-11, 14:54   Link #1864
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How could we answer that when the question was not asked?
Old 2012-06-11, 14:56   Link #1865
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Okay what a pointless post to argue semantics instead of providing some useful information. I guess this forum is useless when I need to be serious.
Old 2012-06-11, 15:16   Link #1866
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be useful if one knew what you were asking about in the first place. That was what I was saying.

I'm not as well versed in how the players are doing this year, so I can't gauge the result properly. (I've not been paying as much attention as in years past where I'd be picking your charts apart for story material to setup got Space Opera style plots).
Old 2012-06-11, 17:35   Link #1867
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Oh hi

Personally, results are all that matters to me, although stats can be fun too for those into calculus and random data-gathering, most of which is rendered irrelevant due to voter unpredictability (for the most part).

Add in any number of random factors and the whole speculative equation becomes moot, kinda. "Anything can happen"

But then I'm not a numbers guy, so YMMV and all that

All that being said, ISML 2012 seems more enjoyable than in the past, although I confess to missing all that RAAAAAGE and butthurting as shown in the early years *snif*!
Old 2012-06-11, 20:44   Link #1868
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
I don't really understand the question because I don't know what I'm looking at. Aren't the results the same no matter what?

Are you just asking which format is better? Doesn't matter to me, but I imagine most would prefer the current format as it's prettier and less cluttered.

Is the image you showed supposed to be real time info during the voting or something?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-06-11, 21:23   Link #1869
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Define "this"
Old 2012-06-11, 23:26   Link #1870
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Oh well, your loss. Don't say I didn't ask you for your opinions next year.
Old 2012-06-11, 23:38   Link #1871
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

As had been pointed out before, if we knew what you were asking, then we would give you our opinion of it.

All I got out of it was that the vote totals were reduced by a set amount (I didn't think that it would be the results from a particular region).

EDIT: If the question was should the results be posted here, then please continue!
Old 2012-06-12, 00:02   Link #1872
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
How is this not a question? Why is it not obvious that "this" referred to the previously posted image? And no, we're purposely not telling you what exactly the results from the chart is, or else it would influence your answer.
Old 2012-06-12, 00:48   Link #1873
HasuMasu
*Artist

Araragi lost? My country men have betrayed me!

Also, count me in with the people that don't understand what that picture means.
Old 2012-06-12, 00:49   Link #1874
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
How is this not a question? Why is it not obvious that "this" referred to the previously posted image? And no, we're purposely not telling you what exactly the results from the chart is, or else it would influence your answer.
... I also don't exactly know what that picture means, but I have a theory, and if my theory is right, then yes, I prefer it over the actual results.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:11   Link #1875
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
looking again I'll say yes for my own bias reasons that are likely completely unrelated .
MAL
Old 2012-06-12, 02:14   Link #1876
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Okay what a pointless post to argue semantics instead of providing some useful information. I guess this forum is useless when I need to be serious.
I don't really understand why you are so surprised at the answers you got when you didn't put any effort into asking people. People just wanted to more info on what the image meant.

Honestly, even if we were useful, we wouldn't be able to help if you're gonna go around being offended so easily. Everyone's pretty decent around here, so it's not nice to call people stuff like that. Save it for like MAL forums or something.

So as for now, i'll have to go for no, it doesn't help us over the standard results at the moment.

Anyhow, I'll be going back to being useless.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-12, 06:15   Link #1877
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... I also don't exactly know what that picture means, but I have a theory, and if my theory is right, then yes, I prefer it over the actual results.
Well, that's exactly what I wanted to avoid. Without your theory, would you still prefer the table? (Amethyst 3)

For everyone else, sorry if I offended you. For Amethyst 4, which result would make you more happy without assuming anything about how we got them?

a)

b)
<- This is the result on the main site.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2012-06-12 at 06:56.
Old 2012-06-12, 06:33   Link #1878
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
How you get the results is the more important question.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-06-12, 06:41   Link #1879
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Guys, carefully look at the two tables Kholdstare just put up, and compare them against each other. Some matches now have different winners.

So I think when KholdStare asked "Do you like these new results better?", he's not simply asking "Which format do you prefer?" He's also asking "Which list of winners do you prefer?"

One of the clearer difference I'll point out: Akemi Homura is doing substantially better with whatever this new formula KholdStare is using. Some of the other changes I'm also cool with. I only have a pretty vague theory as to how KholdStare is arriving at these different results, but I will say that I do like these results better.

Anyway, I'll be less cautious this time, and just say Yes, I prefer this new table of results.
Old 2012-06-12, 06:59   Link #1880
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One of the clearer difference I'll point out: Akemi Homura is doing substantially better with whatever this new formula KholdStare is using. Some of the other changes I'm also cool with. I only have a pretty vague theory as to how KholdStare is arriving at these different results, but I will say that I do like these results better.

Anyway, I'll be less cautious this time, and just say Yes, I prefer this new table of results.
Due to that I'll go with yes again (Plus I like a certain someone seeming unbeatable due to votes)
MAL
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament