Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-05, 01:19   Link #2001
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You just won't give up.

It's actually because it isn't the Japanese firstpress. You'll also notice that it has the "Asia" icon as opposed to the Japan one, and the box shot isn't from the Japanese version. You will notice that the Japanese firstpress edition sells at the same store for double the price.
Hmmm... I didn't notice that.
Any idea what the difference is between the Japanese regular edition and the Asian regular edition? Are there any websites I can purchase the Japanese regular edition for a reasonable price?
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 03:41   Link #2002
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
You just won't give up.

It's actually because it isn't the Japanese firstpress. You'll also notice that it has the "Asia" icon as opposed to the Japan one, and the box shot isn't from the Japanese version. You will notice that the Japanese firstpress edition sells at the same store for double the price.
I'm just stating the popular opinion here.

And given that the title's almost a season old, you have to wonder why do they still have the first print in stocks when the publisher had pushed out the 2nd and perhaps even the 3rd batch of prints.

Finally, I have shown proof that I have purchased the game. And having played it, I believe I have the rights to say that if one keeps their expectation low, he might enjoyed for that is exactly what I've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Hmmm... I didn't notice that.
Any idea what the difference is between the Japanese regular edition and the Asian regular edition? Are there any websites I can purchase the Japanese regular edition for a reasonable price?
The game is exactly the same for the Japanese domestical release and Asian regional release. What differs are the packaging, prices and DLC compatiablity. If you are tight on cash, go for the Asian reigional release.

As to the quotation of resonable prices for the title's Japanese domestical release, the game is retailing around 9000+ yen. So you can do a currency exchange rate to see if the online retailer is charging reasonably. For me I will recommend HMV Online Japan
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 14:07   Link #2003
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Another FF game, great.

11 scared me from the franchise, seemed it felt like I had to force myself into beating it.

IMHO.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:11   Link #2004
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
Another FF game, great.

scared me from the franchise, seemed it felt like I had to force myself into beating it.

IMHO.
I would be scared too since you can't really beat MMOs haha
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 17:03   Link #2005
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I'm just stating the popular opinion here.

And given that the title's almost a season old, you have to wonder why do they still have the first print in stocks when the publisher had pushed out the 2nd and perhaps even the 3rd batch of prints.

Finally, I have shown proof that I have purchased the game. And having played it, I believe I have the rights to say that if one keeps their expectation low, he might enjoyed for that is exactly what I've done.

[/url]
You really don't stop do you.

1. You are not stating the popular opinion. You merely reiterating the opinion of a very vocal group of Japanese critics, while others have enjoyed the game rather that argue with those people. If your version of the popular opinion was correct, then what is this?

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/227/227461/

Dengeki's readers voted FFXIII as their second greatest game. Obviously we have many people who have decided to not agree with you.

2. Why is it strange for an online importer to have extra first press issues lying around?

Playasia misjudged their demand. They're not even a first party retailer for that matter. It's not unusual at all for things to have stock lying around here and there no matter how popular something is.

3. I don't give a rats ass if you've purchased the game and played. You had the rights to say what you felt about the game. You did do that ten or so pages back? What you don't have the right to do is poop on everyone's parade. We get your point, you didn't think the game was all that great, you don't need to go around preaching it like you're some kind of evangelist. Moreover, why are you here if you didn't like it in the first place?

Leave people like me, who have enjoyed the game, and the other people, who are looking forward to the game, alone. Stop ruining it for everyone else.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 17:43   Link #2006
kyosak
poo

Hmmm, I ended up buying it for 94.99 on YesAsia.com.
The shipping was free and the game itself was ~5 USD cheaper than the other websites.

It didn't specify that it was the first print edition like the other sites though, so I guess that means I'll probably end up getting the normal edition?
Anyone order from YesAsia recently and end up with first print? ;O
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:42   Link #2007
Xion Valkyrie

Anyone know if Chinese PS3 games are compatible with US PS3's? I heard they're actually putting out an official Chinese version this time, possibly with Chinese subs/menu/text + Japanese audio. If that's the case I definitely want to get that version.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 01:11   Link #2008
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
http://www.amazon.ca/Square-Enix-662...5&sr=8-1-fkmr1

I'm surprised on how cheap the pricing is for the 360 version of the game, especially considering it's 3 discs. I think I might order this now because I'm a little worried it might be a pricing error and that I'll miss out on savings if they fix it later.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 01:17   Link #2009
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, Amazon.ca has it on sale. Usually, 60 US games translates to 70 CAN, but Amazon.ca has it on 10 bucks off (highlighted with the price slashed off during search), so we getting it at US price.

Compare with, say, Videogamesplus, of which has the expected price. So yes, for canadians, its a good deal considering you can get it for free shipping, which for me is usually next day shipping despite what the label says.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 04:03   Link #2010
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyone know if Chinese PS3 games are compatible with US PS3's? I heard they're actually putting out an official Chinese version this time, possibly with Chinese subs/menu/text + Japanese audio. If that's the case I definitely want to get that version.
There's no reasons to believe why the game will not boot when all PS3 games are region free. But you will need to wait for another season or so after the internation English release since the Chinese copies is only slated to be out around May.

Now, in a related news, here is the reason straight from SEX as to why they decide to push out the Chinese translation :-

Quote:
PS3が採用しているBlu-Rayディスクは海賊版が存在しないため、欧米や日本と同じようにゲームソフトがしっかりと売れ、アジアで 10万本を超えるタイトルがいくつも生まれつつある。今後、「FF XIII」中文化の実績を背景に大手メーカーの大型タイトルが中文化されるケースが増えてきそうで、今後の 展開が楽しみだ。違法コピーを“物理的に防ぐ”というSCEの戦略がついに実を結んだ象徴的な発表と言って 良いだろう。
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...05_347469.html

There you have it. A show of confidence from SEX that the PS3 is indeed the final impregnable bastion in the sea of Piracy, especially that the region of Taiwan, Hong Kong and China isn't exactly well known for their IP Protection.

But somehow the 360 crowds from the afore mention places, who absolutly refuse to adopt a PS3 for whatever reasons, see this as SEX giving them the finger.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2010-02-06 at 04:14.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 07:16   Link #2011
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
There's no reasons to believe why the game will not boot when all PS3 games are region free. But you will need to wait for another season or so after the internation English release since the Chinese copies is only slated to be out around May.
Well, getting Resonance of Fate during March anyways, so FFXIII can wait.
Old 2010-02-06, 08:06   Link #2012
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I would be scared too since you can't really beat MMOs haha
Off topic, but FFXI is like any other FF game. There is a main storyline and a final boss to the storyline. There's plenty of stuff to do after beating the story, but that's no different than other FF games either.
Old 2010-02-06, 12:37   Link #2013
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Off topic, but FFXI is like any other FF game. There is a main storyline and a final boss to the storyline. There's plenty of stuff to do after beating the story, but that's no different than other FF games either.
The story continues forever with expansions. Even if someone beats the final mission boss, I doubt they would feel like they have beaten the game. Nation missions - > Zilart missions -> Cop missions -> etc, they don't even feel like the main part of the game. I played it for over 2 years and did pretty much everything in the game and yet I've never felt like I was anywhere close to beating that game.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 02:26   Link #2014
Hope Estheim
A Hope of Light beckons..

Quote:
The story continues forever with expansions. Even if someone beats the final mission boss, I doubt they would feel like they have beaten the game. Nation missions - > Zilart missions -> Cop missions -> etc, they don't even feel like the main part of the game. I played it for over 2 years and did pretty much everything in the game and yet I've never felt like I was anywhere close to beating that game.
You've gotta admit. MMORPGs are addictive. And they prove to be big headaches for counsellors (you go ask shimathekat. He'll spill it all )
Hope Estheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 06:38   Link #2015
Noctis Lucis
It's how you think.

Firstly, my take on FF13.

Plot: The plot was less of an adventure than a drama - and a well-executed one at that. I thought it looked better than Avatar. Then again, I watched the 2D version, so that's another story. Many people thought that Lighting's constant pining over Serah is a turn off. I thought it was a turn on, until I realised we weren't getting any sis-incest.

[Gosh, a counsellor saying that has problems - but the students in my school can be frequently heard complaining, after they imported FF13 from Japan to Singapore - only to find out that FF isn't going to push that - yet]

Score: 9/10

Characterisation: Strong, as expected. Seems that Nomura finally woke up and risen back to his FF7 levels. *sigh of relief* Fang and Vanille were the relative letdowns here because I wanted yuri (Another major complaint amongst students here.)

Score: 9/10

Play: It's a FF game. Need I say more?

Score: 10/10

Graphics: Everything looks good on Bluray. Yes, this is the PS3 version.

Score: 10/10

Others: Lightning is hot. +1.

Total: 39/40. Yes, it was worth the money, and it's what I've come to expect from SQEX.

After FF7, which is the landmark FF game till now, I thought that all the games had a good base, but characterisation was screwed up. (THANKS NOMURA).

FF8: Weak, weak, weak...
FF9: Not to my taste; the screenshots with random sayings like Love; ... you know those, made it worse.
FF10: I thought I was watching a Korean love drama. Fail.
FF10-2: I thought this was some Taiwan idol drama. Big Fail.
FF12: It got better, but this wasn't FF7 levels yet.

So yes, FF13 is placing FF back where it should be, and I have no doubt that FFvs13 is going to do equally well.

Quote:
Well, my PS3 is local (Asian - Singapore), BUT my FF13 is Japanese. And it works.

Quote:

Now, in a related news, here is the reason straight from SEX as to why they decide to push out the Chinese translation :-

There you have it. A show of confidence from SEX that the PS3 is indeed the final impregnable bastion in the sea of Piracy, especially that the region of Taiwan, Hong Kong and China isn't exactly well known for their IP Protection.
I'd agree on China. But not Taiwan. Taiwan is Asia's Silicon Valley. So how is it possible to have lax IP laws there? And HK is SQEX's Asian HQ - why there if its IP laws are that bad?

Quote:

But somehow the 360 crowds from the afore mention places, who absolutly refuse to adopt a PS3 for whatever reasons, see this as SEX giving them the finger.
http://digital.asiaone.com/Digital/N...31-195514.html

It's the same in Singapore.

Quote:
That's why MMORPGs are so addictive. And they form the bulk of the counselling cases here. Many people think that Japanese don't play MMORPGs, they have their PS3/Wii/... where the games have a clear ending, unlike MMORPGs, which can be expanded indefintely. That has changed with FF11, which opened up the idea of MMORPGs into Japan. It's a headache, since the problems on MMORPGs are nearly identical, yet different from the problems faced by Singaporean gamers, or Japanese gamers in Japan.

The difference: money. The students here have money, which the local and Japanese-in-Japan gamers don't have. But that makes it more difficult to control the problem...
Noctis Lucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 13:11   Link #2016
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Lucis View Post
Firstly, my take on FF13.
After FF7, which is the landmark FF game till now, I thought that all the games had a good base, but characterisation was screwed up. (THANKS NOMURA).

FF8: Weak, weak, weak...
FF9: Not to my taste; the screenshots with random sayings like Love; ... you know those, made it worse.
FF10: I thought I was watching a Korean love drama. Fail.
FF10-2: I thought this was some Taiwan idol drama. Big Fail.
FF12: It got better, but this wasn't FF7 levels yet.

So yes, FF13 is placing FF back where it should be, and I have no doubt that FFvs13 is going to do equally well.
I thought nice, another user impression of FF13. Then I see your tastes...I feel like your opinion is worthless to me.

Elaborate on the gameplay though. FF gameplay ranges from terribad to surprisingly awesome.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:10   Link #2017
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Read a news .

FF13 => now 20 dollars in japan lol? really ?

Damn , if i would have learnt japanese , i would have bought it .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 19:11   Link #2018
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Read a news .

FF13 => now 20 dollars in japan lol? really ?

Damn , if i would have learnt japanese , i would have bought it .
It was a limited special sale this weekend only at a certain online shop (only one copy per person), and they're already sold out. Around here, I guess we'd call that a "Door Crasher Special".
Old 2010-02-07, 19:18   Link #2019
Xion Valkyrie

Hmm, PSM gave FFXIII a 70/100. Would like to actually read the review though.
Old 2010-02-07, 19:41   Link #2020
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
It was a limited special sale this weekend only at a certain online shop (only one copy per person), and they're already sold out. Around here, I guess we'd call that a "Door Crasher Special".
Ow ok . Cuz 20 dollars instead of 100 dollars , it's a big deal
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360