AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-01, 01:00   Link #741
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I guess he really was worn out like Karin said.
Yeah, but his actions when sleeping is...I guess when you're living with three beautiful young ladies (and now 4!) you gotta release your pent-up frustration in your sleep, maybe he's having a rather sweet dreams that night...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 03:03   Link #742
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
i LOLed when Mike said if she can join

good chapter
Old 2010-06-01, 10:36   Link #743
Dark Mage

What a good chapter. Karin was so bold, she wanted to do it right there and then LoL and yeah, I also found it funny when Mike was observing them without saying a word. But Nagi sure knows how to turn on a girl even while sleeping LoL

On a serious note, I was wondering about the same thing Karin was. Shizuku and Soyogi both barely seemed to even notice Nagi's presence. I mean its logical to be excited when the guy they like is sleeping right next to them. I wonder if this is an indication that Karin's feelings are stronger.
Old 2010-06-01, 11:48   Link #744
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
What a good chapter. Karin was so bold, she wanted to do it right there and then LoL and yeah, I also found it funny when Mike was observing them without saying a word. But Nagi sure knows how to turn on a girl even while sleeping LoL

On a serious note, I was wondering about the same thing Karin was. Shizuku and Soyogi both barely seemed to even notice Nagi's presence. I mean its logical to be excited when the guy they like is sleeping right next to them. I wonder if this is an indication that Karin's feelings are stronger.
Nah it is an indication that plot required it as Karin needed her scene with Nagi. normally they would be much less carefree sleeping around him, but author ignored that because Karin needed her scene with Nagi so he made the two sleep like logs.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 12:06   Link #745
lordbailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Nah it is an indication that plot required it as Karin needed her scene with Nagi. normally they would be much less carefree sleeping around him, but author ignored that because Karin needed her scene with Nagi so he made the two sleep like logs.

While I agree that this usually happens, it would be an example of bad writing. Writers should maintain consistent characters.

So far Fumizuki has done a great job of creating good characters, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Although in recent chapters Soyogi has been much more forward, Karin is usually the one to act on her feelings. Karin is the most "normal girl" while Shizuku and Soyogi are more responsible in their role as Cape Maidens. Perhaps Shizuki and Soyogi can sleep peacefully because they are better at controlling their emotions.

The chapter does a good job of contrasting the maiden of Fire with the maidens of wind and water.

At least that's my current interpretation
lordbailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 12:40   Link #746
Ashaman

Or it could be Karin relly is the echii-est of the lot
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 12:57   Link #747
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Soyogi is the most ecchi from them all this is indisputable.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 14:13   Link #748
wingman32x

Lol @ Nagi sleep-fondling Karin . I also liked Negi's speech about the first islander. Lol, I loved Soyogi and Karin's reactions when they heard about Shizuku's advantage. Overall a good couple of chapters. The 2 month break hurts though .
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 15:31   Link #749
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbailer View Post
While I agree that this usually happens, it would be an example of bad writing. Writers should maintain consistent characters.

So far Fumizuki has done a great job of creating good characters, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Although in recent chapters Soyogi has been much more forward, Karin is usually the one to act on her feelings. Karin is the most "normal girl" while Shizuku and Soyogi are more responsible in their role as Cape Maidens. Perhaps Shizuki and Soyogi can sleep peacefully because they are better at controlling their emotions.

The chapter does a good job of contrasting the maiden of Fire with the maidens of wind and water.

Agreed. Fumizuki is a great writer and I don't think he would set it up like this just to give Karin time. I believe those girls were tired as well. Besides, they all could have lay there for hours until they fell asleep, with Karin being the only one still awake, which means they were all uncomfortable to some degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Lol @ Nagi sleep-fondling Karin . I also liked Negi's speech about the first islander. Lol, I loved Soyogi and Karin's reactions when they heard about Shizuku's advantage. Overall a good couple of chapters. The 2 month break hurts though .
Their reactions last chapter was great. Now they know who the first girl was.
Old 2010-06-01, 17:18   Link #750
Nosauz

I really don't see how this was out of character or out of style? I mean I just don't see it, this wasn't some extremely contrived situation set up just to give karin more time. I just people are taking their ships way too seriously.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 17:25   Link #751
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Their reactions last chapter was great. Now they know who the first girl was.
I still class that as one of my favorite scenes of the series so far.
Old 2010-06-02, 09:09   Link #752
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbailer View Post

why the mangaka don't add a maiden of earth there we'll have the 4 elements
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 10:08   Link #753
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
Dragon God represents the earth element. BTW - in many cultures there are 5 elements: earth (or metal), fire, water, wind, void (or wood).

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 11:32   Link #754
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
Three is a more believable number in this type of situation if you ask me. Once you hit four, it's get out of hand.
Old 2010-06-02, 11:43   Link #755
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Agreed three is enough. It's a solid amount, plus there's been plenty of room for development between the three, so let's keep it like that.

It's just nice to have side characters now and then like Mike to spice things up.
Old 2010-06-03, 13:55   Link #756
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I decided to read this again, and it really is great. There are definitely key moments that make a deep impression on you too.

Old 2010-06-03, 14:01   Link #757
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just going by that page alone, this series really is a man's dream come true.
Old 2010-06-03, 14:55   Link #758
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just going by that page alone, this series really is a man's dream come true.
So far at least. We'll get to the drama eventually. And if Ai Yori Aoshi is any indication, it's gonna be heavy.
Old 2010-06-07, 19:29   Link #759
ZeKeR
Superbad

awesome.... so how many girls are gunning for nagi now? three..... plus one..... i dunno about one
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 20:17   Link #760
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Still just three. I don't see Mike as a love interest, at least not yet. I wouldn't be surprised is Kisaragi told her to hit on Nagi and all to get a rise out of the maidens.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen