AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-16, 22:48   Link #1
kishinfoulux

Naruto Shippuuden: Narutimate Accel (PS2) [Some spoilers are to be expected]

I stumbled upon this while I was looking up the opening on youtube. Looks like another game in the great series. According to Play-Asia they recieve it on April 5th.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1q8v.html

This is, I believe, the official website for the game.

http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/narutoA/main.html

And I believe this could be considered one as well.

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/naruto/

Here is the link to the youtube trailer as well. Not great quality though but it's something for now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_JIYUG7MurM

When I get around to it, I'll post some images up and stuff. However some quick observations from both the trailer and the site.

1. The free-roaming RPG Mode has returned. However it seems you are not confined to merely Konoha this time around, as there is a shot of Naruto wandering the desert. He also seems to have a life bar or some sort of meter. And there is a shot of Naruto using Kage Bunshin in RPG Mode and it doesn't look like a sequence to me.

2. Their are new/more mini games for the RPG Mode.

3. A new feature in battle is that the two combatants can having a lightning quick exchange with one another (Think during when Oro was fighting Jiraiya and they were flying at each other DBZ style for a brief moment). I believe it's a button mashing thing.

4. The graphics have again improved, especially during the ougi sequences. Not sure if its gonna go the button sequence or mashing route. I'd assume they will keep it like the last game and give you the option.

Confirmed Characters (Taken from the Cyberconnect site or confirmed via screenshot)

1. Naruto
2. Sakura
3. Kakashi
4. Deidara
5. Shikamaru
6. Temari
7. Sasori
8. Gaara
9. Neji
10. Tenten
11. Gai
12. Rock Lee
13. Kankurou

We can also assume Sasori and any of the characters as seen on the cover art but I won't list any until I see them or they appear on the site or at least in a screenshot.

This game gives me a reason to play my PS2 again (been playing 360 and haven't looked back). I'm sure glad I didn't sell it off.

*Whew* I think that covers the basics and whatnot. Enjoy everybody!!!

Last edited by kishinfoulux; 2007-02-22 at 02:01.
kishinfoulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 16:06   Link #2
kishinfoulux

Alright. Found a better looking trailer than that horrible quality youtube one. The link is below...

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp...vie/index.html

I didn't check it out myself but I assume its the same one.

now time for some images that i finally got around to...

This one shows some shots of Rpg Mode (or at least I'm assuming that's what they are from.

Some Sakura for the few fans she has out there.

Naruto goodness.

Good ol' Kakashi.

And everyone's favorite (seemingly)...Deidara.

I'll post more stuff as I come across it, and when I'm not feeling lazy. Enjoy!!!
Old 2007-02-19, 16:26   Link #3
Syaoran
Inactive Member

It looks nice. Unfortunately for me I don't have a PlayStation 2, a WII or a Xbox 360 to play the new Naruto games ^^' Can't afford one anyway atm.

I'll just hope they'll make a really good Naruto Shippuuden game for the PSP.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 17:42   Link #4
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I gotta say that the background, the green landscape with Naruto running in it...(in one of those pictures) looks really beautiful...

But this game is really hard to play without sub-titles...i never finished the other Naruto RPG game...which was brought out a year ago. (simply cuz i didnt know what to do)
Old 2007-02-19, 18:08   Link #5
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
But this game is really hard to play without sub-titles...i never finished the other Naruto RPG game...which was brought out a year ago. (simply cuz i didnt know what to do)
Spoiler:

-That being said I want this game so much right now but I cannot get it without hacking my PS2 and I quite frankly am not willing to sacrifice a 200-dollar hardware for 1 single game. Even still, the game looks awesome...
Old 2007-02-19, 20:14   Link #6
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post

-That being said I want this game so much right now but I cannot get it without hacking my PS2 and I quite frankly am not willing to sacrifice a 200-dollar hardware for 1 single game. Even still, the game looks awesome...
hacking the PS2 is easy depending on what type of PS2 you have....
Mangekyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 21:17   Link #7
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post

i didnt hack my ps2. I did that whole "magic swap" thing. It was easy, even for a moron like me. Plus I don't believe it voids your warranty either which is a plus. I think the magic swap combo runs for like $20-30 give or take.

Another image...

From what we can see in this image, there is a shot with pre-timeskip Naruto and the gang. It also confirms Sasori (though you can't see his face, it most likely is him).

Also I finally got around to watching the trailer again...some things I noticed...

1. I noticed that during one of the Ougi sequences, it was using the button sequences as opposed to mashing the buttons.

2. The aforementioned "dbz clash" (I mentioned it in my first post and I'll refer to it as that until the real name is found out) is not button mashing like I previously reported. It seems like its either a button sequence or maybe a rock, scissors, paper deal.

3. They were very selective with the characters in the trailer. Only Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Deidara were shown.

4. Like I said in a prior post, it looks like RPG Mode will take you beyond Konoha this time around. There is a scene of him leaping up, in some plains/forest type area.

If I stumble upon anything else in another forum or from the site I'll be sure to update again.

***Edit***

I will also be updating the character roster in my first post (if I remember hopefully...lol) when I find out more confirmed characters so be sure to check out that first post.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-22 at 05:12. Reason: Don't double post
Old 2007-02-20, 00:28   Link #8
kishinfoulux

Alright. The link below is to a commercial of the game. It's only 11 seconds long. However it confirms more characters...those being: Gaara, Neji, Tenten, Rock Lee, and Gai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwkjUART0j0

And yet more screenshots for your viewing pleasure...

In this one you can see that "dbz clash" in one of the screenshots. (The one directly above Kakashi's head).

This one shows alot more of Rpg Mode. We can see Naruto exploring a desert, doing some mini games, using Kage Bunshin, and fighting off some goons.

Some Shikamaru and Temari goodness.

Also I learned some information from the narutofan forums. I believe Rpg mode is now called "Hero Mode" or at least there is a mode with that name. And there is also something to do with "fragments of memory". Someone stated that you will be doing pre-timeskip arcs so there might be a good chance that some pre-timeskip characters will remain in the game.

***EDIT***

Alright...snagged the following excerpt from someone on the narutofan forums explaining the two main modes of play.

"There are two modes though.
There's a "Hero" and "Master" mode... one of those will deal with Shippuuden story while the other one will just feature Part One. Also, from the available information it's as if you're going to be playing one mode to unlock the parts to the other mode."

So I'm assuming Hero mode will deal with pre-timeskip stuff and than you jump into Master mode to play the Shippuuden story. More information as it comes by.

Last edited by kishinfoulux; 2007-02-20 at 12:54.
Old 2007-02-22, 02:06   Link #9
kishinfoulux

pretty big character update from the main site...they now "officially" confirm sasori, gaara, kankurou, neji, lee, tenten, and gai. ill post some images from their "profiles" tomorrow perhaps. in the meantime you can check it out for yourself at the same link i posted in my first post. but ill post it again for the hell of it...

http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/narutoA/main.html
Old 2007-02-22, 23:22   Link #10
konkoruRules
konkoru fan boy

any1 know when it will come out in either germany or u.s
konkoruRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 02:27   Link #11
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by konkoruRules View Post
any1 know when it will come out in either germany or u.s
who knows. i plan on importing it since it will probably be far too long. and by the time it does come out in either location the next one might be out already.
Old 2007-02-23, 03:38   Link #12
striderm
Adusa #1

Glad to see a thread for this finally. This game series really needs proper representation. Also Itachi and Kisame seem to have been confirmed but no pics yet.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 03:49   Link #13
Katsumara
The cake eater.

There's a picture on the third option I believe of Kyuubi Naruto. Looks pretty awesome. Also looks like a red spirit bomb O.o;
Old 2007-02-23, 03:55   Link #14
striderm
Adusa #1

I believe that's something akin to what he did in the waterfall fight with Sasuke.
Old 2007-02-23, 04:08   Link #15
kishinfoulux

alright...finally got around to getting some more images...away we go...these are from the bandai site, which also updated.

I think I posted an image similar to this one but this is better quality. Some Rpg Mode shots.

some quick observations...

* Definitely looks like some beat em' up action in Rpg Mode.

* Gaara has the ability to float on his sand cloud.

* Kankurou is seen using all three of his puppets which is very nice indeed.

* Certain attacks seen in the manga are used by their respective characters.

* The game still has a month and a half or so, until release. This means their is plenty of time for new characters to emerge, though many think the list will be short since this is a Shippuuden game. Personally if they included all, or most, of the characters from NH3 I'd be plenty happy. I expect that Itachi and Kisame will be in it. Here's hoping for the return of the Sound Five, the 3 Sanin, and the Hokages, among others.

whew...alrighty than. hopefully next week will be another big update but I'm expecting something a bit smaller. anyways enjoy!!!

By the way if a Mod could possibly put a spoiler tag in the thread title, (just to be safe) it would be appreciated. That is unless there is an option for me to do it myself but I'm not aware of one.
Old 2007-02-24, 00:35   Link #16
freaknjeans28

Send a message via AIM to freaknjeans28 Send a message via MSN to freaknjeans28
Thumbs up naruto shippuuden narutimate accel

wow this game realy is awesome and i learned something cool when naruto is in kyuubi mode aparently naruto can use the power of the kyuubi to the point he turns in a mini kyuubi with 4 tails this over time wastes your life the reason why i know this is because i am one of the people who gets to test the game so if you have any questions just ask
freaknjeans28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 00:49   Link #17
7thFonon
seventh

If this has 4 player mode, I will definitely get this as I am still waiting for WII freeloader to play GNTex.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 01:33   Link #18
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thFonon View Post
If this has 4 player mode, I will definitely get this as I am still waiting for WII freeloader to play GNTex.
unfortunately i dont believe it does (well at least going on past history, none of the games in the series have had a 4 player mode). possible but its a long shot at best.
Old 2007-02-24, 01:45   Link #19
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknjeans28 View Post
wow this game realy is awesome and i learned something cool when naruto is in kyuubi mode aparently naruto can use the power of the kyuubi to the point he turns in a mini kyuubi with 4 tails this over time wastes your life the reason why i know this is because i am one of the people who gets to test the game so if you have any questions just ask
if thats true thats quite awesome. im gonna believe you (even though its quite possible you can be tricking me and getting my hopes up but ill bite).

do you know any other characters that will be in it? itd be awesome if some certain other akatsuki members were in it (and i dont mean kisame and itachi). will they retain all the other characters from NH3? hell just tell me everything you know...lol.
Old 2007-02-24, 08:47   Link #20
striderm
Adusa #1

Each character has some kind of "Awakening" where they get a new mode of play. Ex: Naruto's Kyuubi, Lee's Drunken Style, Gaara's "Kazekage" style where he floats on his sand cloud.