AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-29, 14:16   Link #21
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
TEMPTATION TO SKIP SAE AND AI'S ARC...

Will I miss out "story-wise" if I jump past a couple arcs? I find that the other girls do random appearances in everyone's arc; is there something crucial I'm going to miss out on?
Technically speaking, since this series is in omnibus format you can skip any arc you want and you're really not going to miss anything.

With regards to the two arcs in question, though:

Frankly, I pretend Sae's arc didn't happen anyway. It's just that bad.

Ai herself is a great character, but her story is fairly uninteresting.

Rihoko's first episode is by far the best of any of the other arcs' first episodes, so do yourself a favor and check it out sooner rather than later.
Old 2010-10-29, 15:51   Link #22
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Damn it, I'm still relishing Kaoru's arc in the anime, but I love Rihoko as well T___T.

TEMPTATION TO SKIP SAE AND AI'S ARC...

Will I miss out "story-wise" if I jump past a couple arcs? I find that the other girls do random appearances in everyone's arc; is there something crucial I'm going to miss out on?
Sae's arc was just cuteness involved... Nothing else thats important.. But Ai's arc is a good thing to prefer.
Old 2010-10-29, 16:01   Link #23
Dobby

I caved and watched episode 17. I love Rihoko even more now T___T.

I will definitely watch Sae's and Ai's when I finish Kaoru's though! Right now it's such a toss-up between Kaoru and Rihoko.
Old 2010-11-04, 08:29   Link #24
Itlandm
Porcupine

Rihoko is so adorable! She has a very sweet personality. Frankly, she is too good for that oaf, although he seems to have shaped up a bit just for her. (But that may just be because we see him through her eyes, so she only notices the good things.)

Seeing Rihoko in action brings back sweet memories of a couple girls I have known who were much like her, although not quite as klutzy. Uncomplicated, friendly and making amazing food (and then eating lots of it). Those were the days.

As a 6th-dimensional programmer and certified genius I could not have an erotic relationship with someone like her; it would feel like taking advantage of a child. But I can certainly enjoy her antics and her natural beauty.
Old 2010-11-05, 22:31   Link #25
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Y'know, if they do ended up being together and get married, I wonder if Rihoko would be one of those chubby housewife in the near future? Oh, and yes, other than Haruka and Sae, I find her adorable in a certain way. Very very child-like which added more to her charm.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2010-11-06, 06:48   Link #26
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Rihoko is really a house wife material. She can cook, she can knit, she has a nice body, she is kind and she never thinks bad of Junichi and even defends him. This kind of girl is hard to get angry and you won't even dare to take her bad side simply because it will make you feel bad instead.
Old 2010-11-07, 00:05   Link #27
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Y'know, if they do ended up being together and get married, I wonder if Rihoko would be one of those chubby housewife in the near future? .
I can honestly see an epilogue with her as a model (not a skinny one, though), and out of shape women staring and being jealous of Rihoko's hotness. Rihoko has lots of supportive friends and it seems she is really determined this time judging by her miraculous improvement in range of motion.
Old 2010-11-07, 01:03   Link #28
Dr. Casey

Fact: Rihoko is the best heroine in Amagami SS.
Old 2010-11-07, 02:53   Link #29
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Fact: Rihoko is the best heroine in Amagami SS.
I'm with-holding judgement until we get to the final girl. But so far she's doing VERY well for herself. I'm a fan I have to admit, and she isn't exactly my type.
Old 2010-11-07, 03:05   Link #30
pikachuwei

shes the only one that can make ayatsuji nearly die from exhaustion and facepalm
Old 2010-11-07, 18:14   Link #31
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm with-holding judgement until we get to the final girl. But so far she's doing VERY well for herself. I'm a fan I have to admit, and she isn't exactly my type.
True words here justinstrife I was not really thinking about getting into Rihoko's character type, but it just suddenly went the other way. Just have to wait until Tsukasa's arc to finally decide.
Old 2010-11-07, 19:49   Link #32
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
True words here justinstrife I was not really thinking about getting into Rihoko's character type, but it just suddenly went the other way. Just have to wait until Tsukasa's arc to finally decide.
I have to agree with you. Initially, this wasn't one of the arcs I was looking forward to, and thought it would be similar to Sai's arc. However, Rihoko has really tugged at my heart strings, and of all of the females so far, she's the one that has been the most thoughtful of our blubbering idiot MC.
Old 2010-11-08, 21:14   Link #33
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I have to agree with you. Initially, this wasn't one of the arcs I was looking forward to, and thought it would be similar to Sai's arc. However, Rihoko has really tugged at my heart strings, and of all of the females so far, she's the one that has been the most thoughtful of our blubbering idiot MC.
Well, we still have 1 more arc to go through before we decide on the arc comparison thread which arc was most satisfying, but sorta agree with "thinking about comparing this arc with Sai's arc" but as you said Rihoko can really take hearts here (I meant emotionally...) Episode 18 was a great boost for her
Old 2010-11-08, 22:15   Link #34
Mairsile

Even before Rihoko's arc, she displayed more personality than Sae. Toss in the fact she and Junichi had a playful relationship going and she had the elements to be a very likable gal from the start.
Old 2010-11-09, 07:31   Link #35
Shadow5YA

Rihoko's flag was already triggered in Haruka's arc. When she said she was going on a diet, I already could tell she was doing it to impress Junichi. However, when it comes down to it Rihoko is a bit too complacent. She doesn't get offended by anything. She takes all the teasing about her fat and her unrequited love in Junichi too well, and because she's perfectly fine with getting the short end that she's not motivated enough to pursue Junichi to the end on her own.
Old 2010-11-09, 19:25   Link #36
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Rihoko's flag was already triggered in Haruka's arc. When she said she was going on a diet, I already could tell she was doing it to impress Junichi. However, when it comes down to it Rihoko is a bit too complacent. She doesn't get offended by anything. She takes all the teasing about her fat and her unrequited love in Junichi too well, and because she's perfectly fine with getting the short end that she's not motivated enough to pursue Junichi to the end on her own.
Rihoko also seems like the trustworthy character, that can get tricked into doing something completely silly... But she might take it as a silly joke, its a dangerous development to go on
Old 2010-11-10, 12:26   Link #37
Mairsile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The lack of confidence and self efficacy is certainly her trademark. I do give her credit, though, since she made gloves for Junichi. But remember, this arc is told from her viewpoint, so in contrast to the other girls, I kinda expect Junichi to actually move the relationship forward with the help of her friends. I'm sure in her mind she would love for Junichi to treat her like a "princess" and confess first.
Old 2010-11-13, 14:14   Link #38
wingman32x

I like Rihoko. She's really cute, and I can't help but root for her. The childhood friend angle is interesting, and I love the flashbacks that show Miya, Jun, and Rihoko playing. That said, she's not going to come close to entering my top 3 of Ai, Haruka, and Kaoru. She may bump Ayatsuji out of her # 4 spot though.
Old 2010-11-14, 17:05   Link #39
Mairsile

I'll give my final verdict on Rihoko after watching her finale next week. As of right now, she's at the bottom with Sae and Tsukasa (I read her manga arc so I know her personality already). I don't dislike her, but with Rihoko's lackadaisical approach to life, she runs the risk of one day going emo if she continues to be too casual and not take chances. No matter what the intervention is, if you constantly set up similar goals and sabotage yourself as soon as you begin every time, it will eventually drain you and negatively affect your confidence and self efficacy to the point where you won't believe in yourself at all. Rihoko also can't expect favorable outcomes if she does not put forth the effort - Life's opportunities (work, relationships, etc.) will just pass her by if she does not change. She's young and has some charming points so I cut her some slack. But I'm hoping in her epilogue we see a future Rihoko who has her act together and displays a sense of security.
Old 2010-12-17, 17:01   Link #40
Ushima

This is what made me fall in love with Rihoko

Playful, cute, silly...ahh....exactly what i want!

...stupid anime giving her the crap ending...

i still dont understand why they didn't give her her good/happy ending..