AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 03:23   Link #21
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The only shows I'm looking forward this season are Is This a Zombie ? Of the Dead and Medaka Box, while giving Sengoku Collection a try (am I the only one who watch this one ? last time I went to MyAnimeList and I saw loads of people who were looking forward to this show !).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-02-26 at 06:31.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 04:51   Link #22
webkid94
*Author

I don't know why people are saying this is the strongest season so far, in fact it looks awfully weak though none of these shows have aired yet so it's quite possible that this season could be strong but as it stands, for me nothing sticks out except....

Tsuritama and Sakamichi no Apollon - Getting rid of BRS and Shitty Crown in favor of an original series with a talented director and an adaptation by an even more talented director? Yes, please and keep it like this.

Eureka Seven: AO - Hopefully won't suck as much as the first series did. Please make the main characters more likeable, BONES! That OP song was annoying...

Jormungand - White Fox has proven to be more than competent with their handling of Steins;Gate and Katanagatari. Plus, I really like the seiyuu cast.

Then there's Kimi to Boku 2 and Fate/Zero 2, which are a given. So yeah, this season looks awfully uninteresting except for the above series.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:59   Link #23
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The only series that I'm excited for is Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka. Then the second cour for Fate/Zero, I'll give all the other animes a shot out of my vow to watch every anime each season. But... I don't know.
Old 2012-02-26, 11:28   Link #24
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

hmmm nothing really spark my interest to watch any tv series.

i guess i am fine with ova an movie like unicorn and yamato

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 11:36   Link #25
Bern-san

Will definitely watch:
Rock Lee -the manga was quite funny with many memorable moments(and Ten Ten has more "character development" than in the original Naruto) so the anime might be as good
Hyouka - premise looks interesting
Fate/Zero 2 - I have high expectations and Fate/Zero excellent (can't wait for more Rider and Waver, Lancer and Kiritsugu)
Hiiro no Kakera - the trailer looked good, good seiyuus and the game was such a success that there are 4 titles + fan disks so it has to be good (well Starry Sky games were successful and it is boring as hell...)
Sakamichi no Apollon - Watanabe and Yoko Kanno. Do I need more reasons?

May watch:
Medaka Box
Jormungand
Otome x Amnesia
Old 2012-02-26, 12:19   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Leiji Matsumoto has a new show and no one really bats an eye, eh?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 12:53   Link #27
Kirarakim

Well the only one that is a guarantee is Fate Zero 2 simply because I watched and enjoyed the first season.

However there are a lot of series with potential

* Ozuma: Sounds like old school sci-fi
* Uchuu Kyoudai: A story about adult brothers (I am liking all the positive feedback for the manga on this thread too).
* Kuroke no Baske: I heard good things about the manga and I'm always up for a good sports series
* Hyouka: First new Kyoani series I've been interested in, in years.
* Sakamichi no Apollon: I guess "coming of Age" and Yoko Kanno grabbed my interest (I didn't even notice who the director was at first...yeah probably a definite).

edit: Might check out Zetman too because I like the seiyuu cast (I know a shallow reason)
Old 2012-02-26, 13:09   Link #28
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
This is a very weak season for me, so there's only two shows I'll be following from the start:

Saki: Achiga Hen episode of side-A: Absolutely loved the first season and the manga thus far has been just as enjoyable.

Hyouka: I'm a fan of KyoAni's animation style, so this was a guaranteed watch for me.

On the recommendation of a friend, I'll be catching up with Fate/Zero and will follow it after the season starts.

Compared to the 7 shows in the current season, Spring doesn't hold much anime-wise for me.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 13:20   Link #29
Marina2

This is my list

Hyou-ka: It's kyoani ,so why not? The art style is good too.
Saki Achiga-hen episode of side-A: I read Achiga-hen manga. Even though it's spin-off of original series, it is very interesting. Somehow I don't like new art style, but I will give it a try.
Zomebie 2 : I like the first season.
Sankarea: The manga has very interesting plot. Anime version is win win.
Tasogare otomexAmenesia: Mystery&Horror series........I llike what I see from manga version ,so I will watch the anime.
Accel World: This one's PV attract my attention and I heard lot of positive comment about its original souce.
Old 2012-02-26, 14:18   Link #30
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Zetman looks pretty good.
Old 2012-02-26, 15:53   Link #31
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spring could be a very busy season for me, or it could be like Winter where I am currently following 5 series.

Carryovers/Continuations That I Am Definately Watching:
Fate/Zero 2nd: Been waiting for the concluding episodes of this epic series.
Mouretsu Pirates: Carryover from Winter
Area no Kishi(?)- Carryover(?)

Will watch if Crunchyroll Has Them
Uchuu Kyoudai: Animated by A-1, I love space and astronomy and I am really looking forward to it. I am very hopeful for CR to simulcast it.
Tasogare Otome X Amnesia: Not familiar with Silver Link(who did C3 and BakaTest). Sounds similar to Another, but with possibly more romance and mystery and less horror.
Jormugand: Interesting subject matter, heard good things about White Fox. Will add to the dark action flavor with F/Z
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Moe meets Lovecraft? Yes Please! Hope it continues Xebec's good streak with Rinne.
Sakamichi No Apollon: Watanabe and Kanno reuniting? No more Guilty Crown on NoitaminA! Series that is really about music(jazz in particular) and very different from the usual fare. Please get this, Crunchyroll. I really want to see this!

Maybe
Eureka Seven AO: Liked the original. Not sure how this relates to it, and am not sure about how good this will be. Staff that has been listed is a hopeful sign though.
Hyouka: Love KyoAni, still somewhat bitter over no word of any more Haruhi anime(but I still have faith). Expecting crappy Funico to get this though.
Shining Hearts ~Shiawase no Pan~: Could be an interesting story. Production I.G needs to get away from the foul taste of Guilty Crown IMHO.
Natsuiro no Kiseki: Sphere involved? Could be a very nice slice-of-life series. If word of mouth is good and accessible to me, I would give it a shot.
Medaka Box: Gainax series. Sounds like it could be a very promising anime. It could also fail spectacularly and that would be interesting to watch too.
Accel World: Sunrise series. Promising premise. Like sci-fi works, and it deals with bullying. I am inclined to watch but I don't know yet if this will be a good series or not.
AKB0048: Premise sounds like it could be very bad. Satelight is sure doing a lot between the Winter series it's involved in and Spring. If the series is better than it sounds, I'll give it consideration. I have been surprised before by series that I thought I wouldn't watch.

Series that I will watch at some point
Saki: Achiga-Hen episode of side-A: Saki is on my to-watch list, and I probably will watch this after the season is over.

Series that I will likely not watch because of DEEN
Sankarea: Manga sounds pretty cool though. DEEN being involved in a red flag for me.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:25   Link #32
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Definitely watching Shining Hearts Shiawase no Pan and Kore wa zombie desu ka? Of The Dead. Looking forward to Shining Hears the most as I'm Shining series and Tony Taka's fan. Never got a chance to play the game which anime is based on so, I guess it is as close as I will get. Hopefully they will handle it nicely. ^^

I'll be checking out Medaka Box, Sengoku Collection, Queen's Blade: Rebellion ,Tasogare otomexAmenesia, Sankarea and Natsuiro Kiseki as well.
Old 2012-02-26, 20:35   Link #33
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
Will watch:
Hyouka
Tasogare Otome X Amnesia
Kimi to Boku 2

Giving a try:
Yurumates (dropped)
Nazo no Kanojo X (dropped)
Sankarea
Tsuritama (dropped)

OAD/OVA/SP/MOVIE:
Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-hen OVA
Ura Mirai Nikki SP
UN-GO SP
Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA
Another OAD
Momo e no tegami
Niji-Iro Hotaru: - Eien no Natsu Yasumi~

Last edited by Taynis; 2012-05-25 at 14:51.
Taynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 22:52   Link #34
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Shining Hearts
Because Tony Taka's art style makes me want to puke. If they butcher it to hell, it might grab my interest more though.
lolwtf!? Tony's art stile is the absolutely best about this! There are only few artists who are as refined as he is.
Only because of Tony's art, it had the honour of being put in the "Good" category already, together with only few others.
if they should butcher it, I'll collect money to hire a hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
No one wants to watch the digital remastering of Nadia?
No, certainly not. If you paint a turd a pretty colour, it's still a turd.

Quote:
Sakamichi no Apollon - The pair who brought Cowboy Bebop to life working together again.
I see. The story about some province town in the 60s already sounded deadly boring, but now I'll be sure to avoid it even more. Never liked Cowby Bebop in the first place.

Quote:
Uchuu Kyoudai - Been planning to take a look at the manga for a while , and I'll probably start with this before I pick it up.
Afrodude puts some stupid pooch in a space suit. Yay!
Another dunk in the garbage bin.
Also, a *blonde* Japanese astronaut!? Yeah right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The only shows I'm looking forward this season are Is This a Zombie ? Of the Dead and Medaka Box, while giving Sengoku Collection a try (am I the only one who watch this one ? last time I went to MyAnimeList and I saw loads of people who were looking forward to this show !).
Sengoku Collection looks a bit interesting on first glance, so I put it under "分かんない" - I still need to know more about it before deciding. Might give it a try.
Old 2012-02-26, 23:22   Link #35
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post

Afrodude puts some stupid pooch in a space suit. Yay!
Another dunk in the garbage bin.
Also, a *blonde* Japanese astronaut!? Yeah right.
It's actually very good, speaking by the manga material, you shouldn't dismiss it right off the bat.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:45   Link #36
kona~chan
ヘタレ

guaranteed to watch :

Saki: Achiga-hen
Kore wa Zombie desu ka II
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Will certainly try: just because i already know the original
Sankarea
Tasogare OtomexAmnesia
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Accel World
Medaka Box
Zetman

interested:
Uchuu Kyodai
Natsuiro Kiseki
Acchi Kocchi!
Hyouka
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 05:22   Link #37
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is there a cleaner list without those words on them? But yeah there are too many new shows and some of them looks really interesting
Old 2012-02-27, 06:06   Link #38
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Am I the only one who feels really disappointed by just glancing at this season's list? I'll be watching Saki since I watched the first season, but the rest will be a peek-and-hopefully-not-disappoint basis for watching.

Have never felt this unexcited for a season before, personally.
Old 2012-02-27, 06:31   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not an overwhelming season, but a few that I should enjoy.

Will definitely watch
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the dead - No shock here. Enjoyed the first season so bring on another round .
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Enjoyed what I read of the manga so no reason not to watch this either.
Fate/Zero Part 2 - It'd be odd to stop watching at this point .

Likely check out
Nazo no Kanojo X - Did read some of the manga so could be interesting, but not sure.
Eureka Seven AO - Curious how this will be handled. Never thought I'd see something like this be made.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:53   Link #40
Katapan
俺様祭り

That'll certainly be a busy season, huh? Not that I'm complaining, winter does feel sort of slow after all (though its best series definitely make it worthwhile anyway, by no means do I find it terrible).

Will watch to the end:
  • Uchuu Kyoudai - They got me at 'astronaut'. I definitely liked what I've read of the manga and I trust Watanabe Ayumu to handle it well.
  • Kuroko no Basket - For some reason, I'm not actually placing much hope in the adaptation... I hope it can surprise me, because there are a few great characters in there.
  • Hyouka - Could we actually get a compelling story on top of this KyoAni visual pleasure?
  • Fate/Zero S2 - No brainer.
  • Natsuiro Kiseki - The trailer does look very good, and Sphere, obviously. I'm still very curious to find out what Mizushima can do with this sort of series...
  • Sakamichi no Apollon - Definitely what I am looking forward to the most. Sentarouuuuuu~
  • Tsuritama - This just looks so colorful and fun.
  • Accel World - The latest Sunrise x big name LN production was great enough for me to have faith in this one as well.
  • AKB0048 - I think it might up competing with Aquarion EVOL every week for the 'most entertaining anime' title. Nah, maybe that's aiming too high, but I do expect tons of lulz (especially from Tomochin).

Will certainly give the series a try:
  • Eureka Seven AO - If BONES manages to avoid a classier (?) attempt at IS, then sure.
  • Jormungand - Not really my sort of story, but I do plan on giving it a try based on the studio alone. I'd be even more confident if it weren't for Motonaga directing.
  • Hiiro no Kakera - I somehow always end up dropping otoge adaptations halfway... but maybe this good-looking Sugita lead will carry me to the end?!

Somewhat curious:
  • Nazo no Kanojo X - Based on others' impressions of the manga, will depend on the atmosphere of the anime.
  • Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - See above + Silver Link bias.
  • Queen's Blade Rebellion - The first two seasons were good for the lulz... but the characters here don't seem as entertaining. Melona, get back here!

Tags
series