AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 15:51   Link #1741
xellos2099

Omega story is a mess... they spend the first half of the season proping up how important elemental attack/ aka just like naruto's wind elemental training, but it all mean jack at the end by the 12 temple. And yes I do miss Lost canvas, even if it is non canon it made a whole lot more sense than next dimension.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 15:55   Link #1742
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Omega story is a mess... they spend the first half of the season proping up how important elemental attack/ aka just like naruto's wind elemental training, but it all mean jack at the end by the 12 temple. And yes I do miss Lost canvas, even if it is non canon it made a whole lot more sense than next dimension.
I agree. LC's writing is the best of them all so far.

Still, when you compare the writing in SSO with the original SS, both are a mess.
Old 2013-02-23, 16:10   Link #1743
cyoti

LOL! LC was only the best in category for turning itself into a Gold Saint wankfest. Otherwise it was one of the more boring entries into the franchise.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 16:34   Link #1744
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
LOL! LC was only the best in category for turning itself into a Gold Saint wankfest. Otherwise it was one of the more boring entries into the franchise.
Both “Gold Saint wankfest” and “being boring” has nothing to do with good writing. A well-written story can still bore you, but didn’t change the fact that it’s well-written (for example, Shakespeare). Being bored is subjective.
Old 2013-02-23, 16:58   Link #1745
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 46:

Superb.
Old 2013-02-23, 17:02   Link #1746
xellos2099

Quote:
At the very least they don't have evil Cancer, Pisces or Evil Pope. Not to mention they got the most badass Cancer Saint in existence.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 17:11   Link #1747
Miraluka
Banned

Next Dimension's Cancer DeathToll isn't evil, just chaotic neutral and he basically curpstomped a kyoto without breaking a sweat. What LC did was make a Death Mask' alter ego look cool.

But after Manigoldo's death all turned into a dramafest with the formula *New Gold Saint appears + sad past + overpowered foe + death+ move to next gold saint*

About ND's Pope is still unknown if he really wanted to kill Athena or just another We want your blood, again.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 17:13   Link #1748
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I just hope that the second season makes the mistakes most series make: nerfing the characters. For example, at the beginning of every Saint Seiya arc Seiya was taken down by an enemy who was considerably weaker than the Gold Saints and it took him long to take the upperhand.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 17:15   Link #1749
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Both “Gold Saint wankfest” and “being boring” has nothing to do with good writing. A well-written story can still bore you, but didn’t change the fact that it’s well-written (for example, Shakespeare). Being bored is subjective.
Comparing LC to Shakespeare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 46:

Superb.
Spoiler for /./:
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 17:23   Link #1750
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What LC did was make a Death Mask' alter ego look cool.
And it works wonders for Manigoldo. Something that Kurumada never done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
But after Manigoldo's death all turned into a dramafest with the formula *New Gold Saint appears + sad past + overpowered foe + death+ move to next gold saint*
I see there's nothing wrong for a series being melancholic.

Quote:
Comparing LC to Shakespeare.
Why not? I never said LC is anywhere near Shakespeare level. Using Shakespeare as an example is to stress that what you consider as "boring" and "wankfest" is not necessarily badly written.
Old 2013-02-23, 17:59   Link #1751
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Writing has never been Saint Seiya’s strong point. Almost every reasonable Saint Seiya fan knows that even the original series has bad writing (a lot of plot holes, inconsistencies, and lack in logic). At least Omega doesn’t have glaring mistakes that have to be retconned later on like the original series does. Omega's writing is definitely on-par (if not better) compared to the original SS. So, no, I don't think it's sad for Omega series to be popular.

Yes! Makes it more revealing!
Yes, the anime had a lot of plot holes. The manga, a few.

But these last episodes have been terrible, the writers keep changing their minds, and doesn't really know what to do with the characters. Koga and Aria's story was changed for the third time xD

Good lord, no more female skin plz xP
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 18:11   Link #1752
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
Yes, the anime had a lot of plot holes. The manga, a few.

But these last episodes have been terrible, the writers keep changing their minds, and doesn't really know what to do with the characters. Koga and Aria's story was changed for the third time xD

Good lord, no more female skin plz xP
Maybe a Koga x Aria ship is profitable for the series. Now they definitely aren't related.
Old 2013-02-23, 18:13   Link #1753
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe a Koga x Aria ship is profitable for the series. Now they definitely aren't related.
What? They're twins. One of them was in their mother's arms and the other in the father's in last week's episode.
Old 2013-02-23, 18:21   Link #1754
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What? They're twins. One of them was in their mother's arms and the other in the father's in last week's episode.
Actually you can't establish relatedness from that picture nor does it confirm the gender of the person holding Koga. They could just be 2 people with very bad luck but happened to have protected their kids until the end. The sleeves on the person holding Koga were cuffed which made me think 2 adult females holding those kids.
Old 2013-02-23, 18:24   Link #1755
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice more SS is a good thing, though didn't know omega was doing that well.
Old 2013-02-23, 18:33   Link #1756
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I hear it a lot that ND doesn't make sense. Could you explain what it is?

Except the obvious "where is Seika?" business
Old 2013-02-23, 18:41   Link #1757
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
I hear it a lot that ND doesn't make sense. Could you explain what it is?

Except the obvious "where is Seika?" business
I believe Next Dimension makes sense but one cannot deny it's basically the same as the classic series with the Twelve Temples repeating events from Saint Seiya
Spoiler for next dimension:

There is one scene from Saint Seiya that I felt was dumb and it was Milo attacking Kanon despite him being an ally as a punishment. That could have worked if it were calm times but he did it in the middle of war, leaving Kanon useless until he went to the Underworld.
Spoiler for next dimension:

To make it worse, Kurumada's desire to make it colored or just take a break makes Next Dimension the second Hunter X Hunter cos there have been several hiatus that take 6 months. I just wish it became a regular series to stop the series from being so slow.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 18:48   Link #1758
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I believe Next Dimension makes sense but one cannot deny it's basically the same as the classic series with the Twelve Temples repeating events from Saint Seiya. It started with a similar premise to Lost Canvas but then it becomes really slow by combining with a Saint Seiya sequel. Alone had a promising role as an antagonist but he disappeared long time ago with Pandora. The character designs didn't age too well and most characters are clones. The Cancer Gold Saint is in my opinion one of worst things the franchise has ever seen considering he changes his personality every chapter.

To make it worse, Kurumada's desire to make it colored or just take a break makes Next Dimension the second Hunter X Hunter cos there have been several hiatus that take 6 months. I just wish it became a regular series to stop the series from being so slow.
True, that it is somewhat of a clone, though in the words of Kurumada, he didn't get to do Hades chapter as he wanted back in the 80s, so now he is expanding on most things. Both characters and Sanctuary

xD But that is Deathtolls personality, since he wants his feet in both fields at the same time.

Oh, and i don't know which the translation you read, but there's a huge Cosmo blocking most of the things transpiring in Sanctuary. So of course the Gold Saints will be wary of strange Bronze Saints. But yeah, it's a fault of Kurumada, he usually introduces characters with a fight.

Actually, it is the publisher who wants it in seasons as far as public announcements go.
Old 2013-02-23, 18:54   Link #1759
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
LC is dead.
Indeed, it is. It wasn't even popular in Japan to begin.

Anyway, the reaction of LC fans to Omega getting another season is hilarious. I hope it keeps going up to 200 episodes or so.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:13   Link #1760
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Anyway, the reaction of LC fans to Omega getting another season is hilarious. I hope it keeps going up to 200 episodes or so.
Do LC fans really hate Omega that much? I'm an LC fan, but still found Omega highly enjoyable and glad that it get more season.

Tags
action, shounen