AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-06, 03:47   Link #61
Excorsism

People still hate Kaji? His voicework for Satoru in Shinsekai Yori was pretty amazing too.
Old 2013-11-06, 04:05   Link #62
kuromitsu

I gave up when I saw someone say they wished he'd died at Fukushima. Seriously, wtf is wrong with people?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 14:40   Link #63
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I gave up when I saw someone say they wished he'd died at Fukushima. Seriously, wtf is wrong with people?
Wow wtf. Some people, seriously....
I'm honest, I didn't like him at first but that was just me being stupid and stubborn because I wanted Alibaba (Magi) to be voiced by Mamoru-san.
But after hearing him voicing Alibaba and Eren (Shingeki no Kyojin) I came to like him alot so I'm looking forward to him voicing Yukine.
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 16:45   Link #64
Bern-san

Singaporeans should be able to confirm this but it seems that the first episode will be screened on Sunday at AFA.
Old 2013-11-12, 07:10   Link #65
Bern-san

People already gave reports on the premiere and I watched a camrip (although it didn't show the full episode):
Spoiler for episode 1:

They also confirmed that the anime was going to be 1-cour and no OP/ED were shown.
Old 2013-11-12, 09:57   Link #66
Iron Maw
Banned

1 cour doesn't sound enough for this unless the staff is either going to crammed a ton of material to reach a stop point or going the "anime only original route". Knowing BONES, the later is far more likely than the former.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 12:56   Link #67
kuromitsu

I might end up avoiding this thread... Kaji haters plus disgruntled manga fans don't seem to equal a very good time.
Old 2013-11-12, 20:07   Link #68
Iron Maw
Banned

You're overreacting.

I might sound like that, but I'm not really that disgruntled. I'm used to how BONES handles adaptations not called FMA at this point and I'm really just speaking the truth here.
Old 2013-11-13, 07:01   Link #69
kuromitsu

Oh, it's not you in particular, I was just imagining the inevitable outrage when the anime starts diverging from the manga. That won't be fun.
Old 2013-11-13, 12:17   Link #70
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
People already gave reports on the premiere and I watched a camrip (although it didn't show the full episode):
Spoiler for episode 1:

They also confirmed that the anime was going to be 1-cour and no OP/ED were shown.
That's a shame, guess we won't be getting to the juicier parts of the manga.
Old 2013-11-13, 21:04   Link #71
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Oh, it's not you in particular, I was just imagining the inevitable outrage when the anime starts diverging from the manga. That won't be fun.
Oh I see, sorry about that then.
Old 2013-11-13, 21:41   Link #72
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I don't think manga fans will be the only ones angry if their original content is on par with the FMA movies or Darker than Black season 2
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 17:49   Link #73
Bern-san

Kodansha's special website for the manga revealed a new seiyuu:
- Kazuhiko Inoue as Kuraha

The seiyuus participating in the drama CD also gave a few words in Kodansha's site

I suppose the anime will just cover until Bishamon arc and some additions here and there.

Last edited by Bern-san; 2013-12-02 at 16:08.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 10:05   Link #74
Vito
Asshole.

PV2

Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 19:49   Link #75
blackwhite67
Banned

Judging by the PV, it looks like our god here is the cheerful guy with the dark past.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 18:32   Link #76
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

I think the issue with the entire manga debate here is that the manga as it is, is pretty much unadaptable. It's mainly because the series is simply way too early into it's run to have an adaption. Essentially no progress towards the main plot has been made, and I can easily see the series going for years and years longer. Basically, the only way I could ever see this getting a good adaption that doesn't diverge is if the anime creators were to sit on this manga to let it simmer for about a year or two. But, with that not in the cards, I agree that the decision to change the manga was the only viable option.
Old 2013-12-09, 18:41   Link #77
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
I think the issue with the entire manga debate here is that the manga as it is, is pretty much unadaptable. It's mainly because the series is simply way too early into it's run to have an adaption. Essentially no progress towards the main plot has been made, and I can easily see the series going for years and years longer. Basically, the only way I could ever see this getting a good adaption that doesn't diverge is if the anime creators were to sit on this manga to let it simmer for about a year or two. But, with that not in the cards, I agree that the decision to change the manga was the only viable option.
When anime series get adaptions too early I do feel they often suffer for it. Of course I hope that won't be the case for this one.

It looks cute, it has Kamiyan in the lead, I really want to like it. Well keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 2013-12-09, 20:05   Link #78
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

I still think I'll like it (if only because I want Bones to be the same studio it was in 2009 again so so badly), so don't take that as me saying the ship has sailed on it. But, it needs help. It needs help.
Old 2013-12-10, 03:36   Link #79
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
It has 8 volumes out, it's from a monthly manga, last raw chapter I could quickly find is 37. Shingeki no Kyojin had 25 episodes to adapt 34 chapters. Most monthly manga have way more pages per chapter than weekly manga. 37 chapters of Noragami is like 77 chapters of a WSJ title.

It's a 1 cour series, acting like 37 chapters of a 40 page manga isn't enough to adapt is a joke. And if the starting content is so "awful" no one is going to sit through 12 episodes of crap in a hypothetical 50 episode run in a few years time anyway.

This is being made to push the manga anyway, if it does that and the anime is a hit as well we might get a sequel a few years later. Publisher's aren't going to sit on manga for years when they get the popularity level up via an anime series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 21:53   Link #80
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

37...what the fuck have the scan people been doing?