AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-31, 00:30   Link #1181
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
NSFW
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Maou got class.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:01   Link #1182
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
If only the British, Spanish, French, or Dutch knew that.
It's not so bad if you have existing populations and even governments to work with. It's when you start from scratch and perhaps needing to exterminate the locals, do the startup costs balloon.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:31   Link #1183
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Didn't Demon King say that the problem was that humans didn't have enough food? That sounds like a global shortage to me.
No she did not say that. What she showed was that the southern nations were being supported by the central nations war funds and that was how the southern nations were surviving as they were the ones that were having shortages. The other Nations are fine in terms of food production as no nation is going to be willing to exporting enough of their food to support a starving nation if they are also starving.

The other problems Maou brought up is that much of centrals economy is based on the war as well as a large number of people that their only skills are fighting. Both are bad for stability post war. She has started working on the first part by giving the Union options. The second hasn't been tackled as much but what is being done by the Lake Side order in teaching farming could be seen as a start.
Quote:
If that's the case, then that's what Demon King should have said, instead of saying that humans didn't have enough food. And do the "several years" the South had been on the verge of starvation start from before the Human-Demon war? After all, food shortages happen because of something - whether it's a natural disaster or lack of people working the fields.
Again she never said there was a global food shortage. In fact one of her points was that due to the war famine and plague was less common (not stated directly but implied) because humanity was united. Take the war away and the unity will crumble.

Quote:

The joke's on them. Startup colonies are big money losers for the first couple of hundred years.
These would be less start up colonies and more like the western expansion in the US with out needing to deal with natives as the with out corn they are too Baern to support settlements. The corn itself will quickly become a cash crop as a single farm can produce many times what is needed to support the farmers and is easy to export. So the investment will be much shorter in term. Also the Union itself doesn't have to foot the bill all they have to do is convince a few nobles and they reap all the rewards.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 10:45   Link #1184
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
If only the British, Spanish, French, or Dutch knew that.
You forgot to include the Portuguese, but yeah, if only they knew that before they let the mercantilists dictate policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
[FANART]
Why are fan artists willing to draw Demon King without her best feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's not so bad if you have existing populations and even governments to work with. It's when you start from scratch and perhaps needing to exterminate the locals, do the startup costs balloon.
It can work okay if a colony can exploit slave labour as well. But even that takes time to build up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
No she did not say that. What she showed was that the southern nations were being supported by the central nations war funds and that was how the southern nations were surviving as they were the ones that were having shortages. The other Nations are fine in terms of food production as no nation is going to be willing to exporting enough of their food to support a starving nation if they are also starving.
Demon King directly summarized it as "Survival requires food. But humans can't produce enough." The implication being that hundreds of thousands to millions of people will die.

Quote:
The other problems Maou brought up is that much of centrals economy is based on the war as well as a large number of people that their only skills are fighting. Both are bad for stability post war. She has started working on the first part by giving the Union options. The second hasn't been tackled as much but what is being done by the Lake Side order in teaching farming could be seen as a start.
My question was about the period when the South did produce enough food, since they had to at some point.

Quote:
These would be less start up colonies and more like the western expansion in the US with out needing to deal with natives as the with out corn they are too Baern to support settlements.
You're referring to the people like the Texan settlers who dragged the United States into a war, and later on joined an insurrection against the federal government? I wasn't trying to imply that the merchants would be that screwed over by the deal that badly.

Quote:
The corn itself will quickly become a cash crop as a single farm can produce many times what is needed to support the farmers and is easy to export.
Exportation requires transportation. Since these are new colonies, all of this transportation infrastructure has to be built and maintained and protected. All of this costs a lot of money and so new colonies don't tend to be profitable for decades, if not longer.

Quote:
So the investment will be much shorter in term. Also the Union itself doesn't have to foot the bill all they have to do is convince a few nobles and they reap all the rewards.
If they hope to maintain exclusive trading rights, then they will have to foot most of the bill. Besides, if they didn't, then they wouldn't be taking capital away from the war, would they? Besides, they're the ones with the capital so who else would fund the venture?
Old 2013-01-31, 10:51   Link #1185
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That's not a fanart. It's official. And her best features are there.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:13   Link #1186
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Because showing an exposed brain isn't the best way to sell an otaku magazine.

For the guys, her best feature is her boobs which were tastefully shown.
Old 2013-01-31, 12:34   Link #1187
Gravitas Free Zone

"Smart is sexy." —Dana Scully
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 14:37   Link #1188
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's not a fanart. It's official. And her best features are there.
That's even worse - they don't even know what her main appeal is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because showing an exposed brain isn't the best way to sell an otaku magazine.

For the guys, her best feature is her boobs which were tastefully shown.
But Demon King looks so damned generic and awkward in that picture. That posture would look a lot better with some handle bars for balance.
Old 2013-02-01, 13:12   Link #1189
EroKing

Old 2013-02-01, 13:40   Link #1190
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
That's even worse - they don't even know what her main appeal is!

But Demon King looks so damned generic and awkward in that picture. That posture would look a lot better with some handle bars for balance.
Those handle bars wasn't hers naturally. It would be just like a human girl wearing cat ears.
Old 2013-02-01, 14:49   Link #1191
ookamigirl

So the war finally starting...a was about time.
The whole farming thing was pretty boring.
Wonder if this is gonna be all talk and calculated moves or we're actually get to see some action.
The giant squid against the ships was rather refreshing.
I liked the Hero-Demon Lord alone time ^^
Still too much talk and not enough action.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 15:10   Link #1192
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
My gosh, pacing was ALL over the place =02! First, they're in a big battle, then the next, it's over. 6000 lives lost, yet we don't really get to see 'how'. Who was behind the attacks? Were they random? Calculated?

The 'friend' scene didn't feel any better. It felt so flat and lacked emotion. Of course Female Knight knew that she was the Demon King already, so I can understand her lack of being shocked, but it still lacked....spirit, as if it was a simple "um....can I be your friend?" with a subsequent, "yeah, its fine" and walked off. I just thought it'd be more dramatic than that.

Apparently Female Knight meant Hero during the timeline of this episode. I can't believe they didn't show that, since Female Knight hadn't seen Hero since they met at the Lakeside Convent. I'm sure Female Knight had some things she had to say to him since she came all that way to that Frontier(?) village only to find he was gone. She speaks of the powerful bond she and Hero share(enough to tell her Demon Queen's identity), yet such a moment is only shown as a quick flashback?

I will say the reuniting of DQ and Hero was pretty good and amusing. In other aspects of the show, they seem to feel rather lackluster, but they do make the romance between the two fairly good. Hopefully Hero can finish taking the city or whatever so he can get back to DQ because that's when this show starts to shine. I can use more FK/Hero/DQ moments =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 15:39   Link #1193
HandofFate

Did female knight only know she was the demon king from the hero, or did she figure it out herself.

Not sure what the context with the hero confessing who the demon king was to female knight was.

Right now, too many gears are moving right now and too little attention paid to balance it all up. Its like separate 4koma panels going on at the same time...

I keep forgetting the hero actually has magic spells he can use.
Old 2013-02-01, 17:58   Link #1194
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show is better when it decides to focus on its characters and on romance. The second half of the episode was highly enjoyable.
Old 2013-02-01, 18:12   Link #1195
Divini
Senpai!

The events seem like they're happening in warp speed, and seems to only slow down in select moments. I for one, would have wanted to see the journey through the demon realm the hero took, and maybe more things from his POV in general. (next episode will be like that I guess)

This anime was my first exposure, so was the source material also this fast paced?
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 18:17   Link #1196
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
This anime was my first exposure, so was the source material also this fast paced?
Nope. As far as I know, the novel doesn't blitz-through some important points like the anime. The characters and the issues they face are developed much better.
Old 2013-02-01, 20:26   Link #1197
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Was expecting bigger reaction from the Female Knight, but guess it makes sense since she already found out from Yuusha.The reunion was great, liked the dance, too bad they have to be separated again.
Old 2013-02-01, 20:42   Link #1198
novalysis

Maoyu Maou Yuusha the anime. The abridged series of a potential long runner condensed into one cour, 13 episodes or six and a half hours of material.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 21:54   Link #1199
Elestia

Demon Girl was cute.

Some dramatic and jarring cuts from the battle to Female Knight and Demon Queen.

Sea battle was severely disappointing and abruptly ended with no climax or resolution..

Was little to no interaction between Female Knight and Demon Queen, so the abrupt "be my friend" was shallow and hollow as hell.

Cut out DQ's hesitancy to introduce gunpowder for Female Knight's war.

Hero recount's his gigolo ways in the Demon World, this time with no flashbacks. Disappointing.

The scene with White Knight King avoiding responsibility was pretty spot on though. Really made me want to stone him a hundred times over.
Old 2013-02-01, 22:04   Link #1200
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Well that was disappointing. Scenes go by way too fast and nothing ever develops. We finally got a battle and boy... it sucked. It really did.

Queen's reveal to the Knight lacked any impact whatsoever. So did the Knight's (epicly rushed) flashback. And when the Hero and the Queen finally meet again...they decide to bicker like children at one another.

Ugh. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still watching this. It's not horrible, but it's failing to meet any expectations.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem