AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-30, 16:55   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

School Days - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the School Days anime or game. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or game without any speculation can solve these conundrums. If someone has such a question about School Days which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, mercilessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, game, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 14:59   Link #2
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

As Iam seeing for the 1st time the anime and game, Iam clueless.

Is this anime like Hagurishi? What's with the blades and knife and stuff...
Old 2007-08-04, 07:15   Link #3
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

same here, I've seen the images thread and theres a lot of Katsura pictures with her holding a knife...somewhat similar to what Rena uses...
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 08:38   Link #4
Echoes

Spoiler for game endings:
Old 2007-08-05, 06:36   Link #5
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

that sure is shocking...so I'm guessing we might get some of that towards the end of this show.
Old 2007-08-05, 09:07   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Spoiler for game endings:
As is probably worth pointing out...
Spoiler for frequency of said game endings:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 15:48   Link #7
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Just a question, does the anime have 2 different version?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 17:49   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ eh? if you mean if they are going todo 2 different ends then no ~ cant see it happening

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 18:05   Link #9
Echoes

Seems he's asking if there are two different versions available at the present time, in which case the answer would also be no.
Old 2007-08-05, 22:53   Link #10
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
same here, I've seen the images thread and theres a lot of Katsura pictures with her holding a knife...somewhat similar to what Rena uses...
I know your Q. are answered, but for more detail:

Spoiler for Bloddy game ending:

Oh man... Poor Kotonoha...
Old 2007-08-07, 04:43   Link #11
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Spoiler:
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 16:46   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Just a question, does the anime have 2 different version?
I bet the "different version" you're referring to is probably the oft-confused Game Promo "episode". The game itself is animated, and 0verflow released the first "chapter" of the game as a video on their website. For some reason that defies all logical explanation, ANN continues to count that promo video as part of a "6-episode ONA" (where'd they get the 6 from?), and calls the TV series an "alternate retelling". It's just not true, but good luck convincing the ANN editors of that...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 18:46   Link #13
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
I know your Q. are answered, but for more detail:

Spoiler for Bloddy game ending:

Oh man... Poor Kotonoha...
that surely is a very shocking ending...but anyone thinks that this kind of outcome could be possible for the anime?
Old 2007-08-09, 10:50   Link #14
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
I've already read the last posts, and even though it looks like it might have an unhappy ending, I was wondering if anyone knows or has figured out if the School Days TV series is actually a horror genre as well? Please tell me because I really don't want to see any of the people go mad in the show

Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 12:52   Link #15
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Absolutely not.
School Days is your usual "school romance" show, with the particularity that it is far from lovey dovey, and a bit more "realist" (though i'm still suspicious about makoto's existence as "realist")

there is nothing paranormal/surnatural, nor anything scary at all. the aftermath might be creepy, but it is much like "flat" reality, than any scary fantasy at all.
If you have watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, you can say the mood and context are similar.
Old 2007-08-09, 13:06   Link #16
Joka

I have a question or two.

Why do anime makers insist on making an anime, School Days e.x, that has the focus of relationship/drama and produce such characters that are so unbelievable, untrue, and fictional, that they make anybody with an IQ above 80 want to not watch? The three main characters in School Days are according to me mentally challenged. Why must makers feed this stupid, immature, fictional crap down our throats all the time? Can we not have ONE relationship anime where the people act like they are not mentally handicapped? I know there are one or two, but just not enough. Anyways those were my questions.
Joka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 14:18   Link #17
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I think it's pretty clear - idiots make good drama. Smart people know how to solve these situations better.

Also, you have to understand that the harem genre is a fanservice one. The target audience it's aimed at enjoys girls throwing themselves at the main character even if he's worthless.

There's a few exceptions in the harem genre, but in general this stuff happens a lot. More often than not, they don't do justice to the corresponding visual novels...can't speak for School Days because I haven't played it though, but it seems that people are happy enough with the conversion as Makoto was widely hated well before the anime either way.
Old 2007-08-09, 15:16   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post

Why do anime makers insist on making an anime, School Days e.x, that has the focus of relationship/drama and produce such characters that are so unbelievable, untrue, and fictional, that they make anybody with an IQ above 80 want to not watch? The three main characters in School Days are according to me mentally challenged. Why must makers feed this stupid, immature, fictional crap down our throats all the time? Can we not have ONE relationship anime where the people act like they are not mentally handicapped? I know there are one or two, but just not enough. Anyways those were my questions.
well you better stop watching now as for me im happy that my IQ is less than 80 :3

and i thought it was extreme when critting on their intelligence but boy you broke even that no i do not believe that they are unrealistic because crap like this can happen...maybe worse in fact but its just that most of the time no body cares about crap that can be avoided by onlookers (no i do not want to hear about how screwed my friend's relationships are etc )

as for the romance thing...guess not ~ its either some main character screws up or GTFO! being serious that is mainly the point as hardly anyone would want to watch a straight forward relationship planned to perfection (boring yawns ZZzzZZ) ~

relationship angst is the best way to fill those with needs (or are just sad like me )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 16:40   Link #19
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post

It's not as far from reality as you might imagine. There are the stereotypical girls who'll always fall for the bastard, no matter how badly he treats them. There are also plenty of idiots like Makoto out there, plenty, plenty. Probably a lot more Makotos than Kotos. Add to the mix that these characters are what, 17?
Old 2007-08-09, 16:46   Link #20
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I think they're fairly unrealistic, at least. Usually when girls throw themselves at a jerk, the jerk is at least a sweet talker. Or they are airheads but then they're not in for the serious stuff - in which case they wouldn't go for a clueless guy anyway.

Makoto's quite a loser, and Kotonoha and Sekai don't really fit that profile.

I don't think the fact that Makoto's 16-17 is a good enough excuse - some more maturity is expected when you're that age. Moreover, I don't know absolutely anyone like him who has had any success with girls, ever. Especially good looking ones.

Hell...I don't know anyone who acted as badly as Makoto overall.