AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-04, 05:22   Link #17261
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
This takes place in the post-StrikerS timeline (meaning the CCs will be there whenever I see their role fits), so there's no way Nanoha will die in the story.

Unless you want another AU.
I see...

Well actually, i just want to here the end of that AU... did it ever get finished and I just missed it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nonsense! I full-heartedly support Arcas with... Whatever it is... That he's... Fighting for...

Quote:
LOL! What do you think it would look like after they've done the deed
errr, I'd rather not answer that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

*interest for ef has increased*

JUST AS PLANNED!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Finally read it. Aces being aces, we can't really do much to defeat them can we? Unless we have the clout and power of Keroko, and Aurion.
huh? Did you manage to misread something? They lost.....
Quote:
The name Meia kept making me wanna go fanboy btw.

~~~~~~

Yes I loved Meia to pieces (she did get turned to pieces in that Vandread proto-space epic, but I put her back together). Didn't I say I like the strong silent, or tsundere types?
WOOT another Meia Fanboy I thought that the attack name and how it worked was a nice touch as well
Hmmm, sought of makes me less guilty in wanting to name her Meia Tokai....

*runs*
Quote:
Wasn't ever intended to pass. At the moment its made out of pieces of disjointed crack like:

"I'm Asahina Mikuru. I'm from the future, and I have a message for you."

Heroes and Haruhi.
Well hopefully I'll be able to temper my distatse long enough to read through it..
Quote:
It's... pretty tame really. I've even scrimped on the walker combat to focus a lot more on mage-2-mage.

But the idea behind Celestial Being is gonna be screaming h4xx, for I concluded that TSAB does not have any magitek capability (those "Tanks" were downed choppers -_-) so they, like the CB of Wan's time, are the only ones with the "Artificial Linker Core" technology, funded by Wayne Braummuhl Industries and complete with a Tang high-soc backer named Wan Cha--

*shot by Dynames*
Ahh crack

Did you end up reading the crack fic that got me launched into orbit?

Here's the link if you haven't...

Although it's not all of it
Old 2007-12-04, 05:39   Link #17262
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

But the idea behind Celestial Being is gonna be screaming h4xx, for I concluded that TSAB does not have any magitek capability (those "Tanks" were downed choppers -_-) so they, like the CB of Wan's time, are the only ones with the "Artificial Linker Core" technology, funded by Wayne Braummuhl Industries and complete with a Tang high-soc backer named Wan Cha--

*shot by Dynames*
No real time to comment or break backlog right now, but this is flat out wrong.

If you look ONE of them is a crashed chopper, but the other is blatantly clearly a tank as this Screen cap shows:
Old 2007-12-04, 06:16   Link #17263
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas: <Matter of factly> The job of a brother and a boyfriend are much the same - to be a source of comfort and confidence to the girl. <folds arms> Beat that.
Saga: To care for one person, be it romantic or family... and to be the very person whom half of everything that makes you to be is granted to your person you love, cherish, and hold a promise and oath of eternity is, is different, as much as they are similar. If you really care for her the way you should, you should know better yourself, that it's not true... that what you're doing now, is the only way to make the person you care about happy.

Quote:
Arcas: Give me three reasons why I should respect you that have nothing to do with Hayate...and I'll consider it.
Rosen: Why would someone like Grandis, the only male worthy of being my rival, even need to be worthy of your respect? Hmmph. Don't ask stupid questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
[Palpatine]Good, goooood[/Palpatine]

Quote:
As for who Vivio was calling out for... well, that gets a bit trickier. In episode 26 Vivio says that 'she never had a mother, and that she was only looking for someone to protect her and let her gather magical data' Now this can be take two ways, one is that Vivio was 'programmed' to look for a mother figure. The other, and this is the theory I prefer to use, is that when she was reffering to small bits and pieces of the original Vivio's memory. In other words: The original Vivio's mother. Concidering Vivio has a few more scraps of her past (such as her name) this is not a far stretch to imagine.
I think it's more or less pieces of the Vivio memory thing. I mean, why would the series even bother to mildly allude that Vivio's creation had mildly to do with Project F along with it's yadayadas. Along with the whole amnesia thing.

Then again, StrikerS had some shoddy writing, as noted in the manga thread...

Quote:
I see...and could you provide a link to the said timeline...I lost it
The first page, in Erio's links.

Quote:
Arcas: Tesla, since when are you on HIS side? I expected Shamal, and maybe Signum to take his side, but you? You're the thinker; the logical one.

First, this isn't about how I feel - it's about Hayate and what's ultimately best for HER. And if I have to play the evil monster in order for her to decide what's truly important for her in life, then that's what I'll do. I may be harsh, I may be cruel, I may end up breaking her heart, but in the end, what I want is no different from you, the other Wolkenritter, the Aces, and Grandis: for Hayate to be deliriously, insanely happy.
Saga: Do you think... Hayate would ever be truly happy, living in your glass-cage, where you grasp her heart, shattered in pieces? There's a difference between not letting one make the wrong choice in their life, and dedicating yourself into protecting the future one had chosen. She is not a child, and if hell is the only way she can truly be at ease and happy, then I'll slay the demons who'll try to take her away on that bloody path. And you may not know it, but the path she had laid down her foundation for her future... is already one that will put her through much pain, whether she likes it or not, but it is a path she had chosen. Because that is her dream, as painful as it will be. If you cannot see that, you don't even deserve to be her friend, much less a brother.

Quote:
Let's say that they get married. What are their plans on kids? If they're going to have any, what are they going to do? Is Hayate going to retire, and walk away from a stellar career to take care of them? Will she deprive the Bureau of her power for the sake of raising her children? Or will she continue to work, and risk both her career and motherhood in doing so? What about Grandis? Hayate's a ranking officer; Grandis is a contract mage - she easily makes three times what he does. Has she considered what the effects might be if she continues to work - it's an insult to a man's pride if his wife is the one taking care of HIM, rather than the other way around. And even if Hayate retires, what's he going to do? Most contract mage jobs put them directly into the line of fire - is Grandis going to continue to work like that, and risk leaving Hayate to be a single mother? These are just a FEW of the questions that they are going to need to answer if they're going to have a permanent romantic relationship with the other.
Saga: Neither are children anymore. Hayate will one day walk the path where her place, is to watch her soldiers fight and die by her orders. Grandis chose the path where his life is where it is, through pain and suffering, each day maybe his last.

Quote:
Tesla: *glares* Please refrain from insulting me from now on, Arcasaviel. I am looking at this from the logical side.

Keroko-kun: Oh dear... she's reffering to Arcas with his full name... she's angry.

Tesla:
First of, who are you to dictate what is best for Hayate? Who gave you the right to make such decisions? Hayate is a bright girl, perfectly capable of realizing such situations herself. You say you will break her heart if necisary, how in the forty seven blue blazes of hell will that make her happy? And so help me if you say 'its for the best', Arcasaviel. I will break you. Hayate has had enough people trying to dictate her life saying that things were 'for the best' I will not allow yet another person to govern her life, not even you.

Next you start questioning Hayate's future, this is the biggest hipocrisy I have ever heard, mister I-have-desperately-tried-to-keep-my-love-life-a-secret-for-years. You are absolutely in no possision to dictate others on thinking about their future. Should I go out and spread havoc in the relation between you and Mel just to test if your relationship holds up to my standards? If things worked out fine between the two of you, I fail to see why they could not work out between the two of them. And then you go on about children. Have you and Mel ever thought about children? Have you and Mel ever thought about how you were going to handle that? I will have you know that I already have several plans in my head to solve such situations, should they even arive. There is no guarantee that Hayate and Grandis will even have children in the near future, so your point is rather moot. You are also seriously underestimating the income of a contract mage. The only thing that differs between Hayate and Grandis in terms of income is the rate at which they earn it. At times Hayate earns more, at times Grandis will, due to the nature of contract work. With efficient financiel planning, this will present zero problems. You say that they have to make the choice now, but for how long have you and Mel danced around the subject? Why should Hayate be forced to make a decicion you were allowed the luxury of a long term of thought to make?

You have apointed yourself as the Aces older brother figure. I hold no protest to that. You look after them and wish the best for them. I hold no protest to that. But now you are trying to govern their lives, to force them into choices that take time, and I. will. Not. Allow. That!

Quote:
Pandemonium: Lair of the Ten Thousand Demon Lords

(Lol, I think I'll be using this for quite awhile )
Crappy bunch of demons lords are crappy.

Quote:
Arcas: I doubt you until you can prove beyond ALL reasonable doubt that you can make Hayate as happy as she DESERVES to be.
Saga: No one but Hayate herself can determine how much of happiness she wants and deserves. Because as she is, her heart is still in pain, wavering, and she finds it hard to accept the happiness of what you envision. But that is a pain that only she herself can overcome, because that pain is what drives both her dreams. To force that happiness on her is to destroy her dreams.

Quote:

Don't complain

Ah~ I recall the my youth... back when I put all my efforts into these Black-Magician family deck. It was such a pain to get 3 different Black Magicians and 3 different Black Paladins.

Quote:
Alirght! *scribbles*

Ok no shotgun marriage then. So much for pimp.
I thought that marriage thing was already in the old version?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-12-04, 06:44   Link #17264
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hikki never gets break even when he wants to. Even after he learns of his truth as Big Daddy Yo's son.
... with his unstoppable pimping powers...

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
*sees Lowe Sonic Moving Sonic Form Fate*

Fate: m-matte! Dame! AAH~~!!

Also, expect Blaster Nanoha kicking serious ass.

*runs*
Oi oi, who do you think I am?

*looks at where hand is*

Oh shi-

*runs*

Quote:
Yes I loved Meia to pieces (she did get turned to pieces in that Vandread proto-space epic, but I put her back together). Didn't I say I like the strong silent, or tsundere types?
Yeees, Meia-sama is the bext out of the Dread pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Oh? I've been thinking a name for it though...

But yeah the idea is impressive, especially when you have them lined up on a cliff and the wind blowing... No need personal sunset.
Sunset? They don't need a personal sunset... the Sun FOLLOWS them wherever they go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
"Arnie" is Hone Onna, just that no one here knows yet.

So far, it's just been added to the FileS series itself, so it would occur before StrikerS during the 10 year gap. Other than that, it remains the same.

It also means that in NBC and Rebuilt, the OCs would be directly involved all the way, but in NBC, Kha's fighting on the other front with the Celestial Being instead of with the Aces.
I pity the poor soul who tries to hit on her only to see the face of death

And what do you mean JUST? It'd mean all my character development plans regarding the timeline have been reshuffled, since most of my major character events occur during and after StrikerS And it also makes alot of my previous on alot of my OC's, especially Glock and Kay scenarios void, being in the NBC timeline

Although... it does allow me to screw with a few possibilities here and there

Quote:
I went OMG SONICFORM! FINALLY! AND FATE IS USING FALCHIONS!!!

Archer's knives basically. I guess it's where you're from that determines what you see.
I so agree...

*continues eating yellow goo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
But I've been wondering how to improve SF in Rebuilt... But so far all I got is to get rid of the offending lioncloth. Early prototypes include midriff but...

The most favored design in my muse group is something I'd call Bikiniform.
DO FREAKING WANT

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
She can TIME TRAVEL, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
WOOT another Meia Fanboy
Count me in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Saga: To care for one person, be it romantic or family... and to be the very person whom half of everything that makes you to be is granted to your person you love, cherish, and hold a promise and oath of eternity is, is different, as much as they are similar. If you really care for her the way you should, you should know better yourself, that it's not true... that what you're doing now, is the only way to make the person you care about happy.

---

Saga: Do you think... Hayate would ever be truly happy, living in your glass-cage, where you grasp her heart, shattered in pieces? There's a difference between not letting one make the wrong choice in their life, and dedicating yourself into protecting the future one had chosen. She is not a child, and if hell is the only way she can truly be at ease and happy, then I'll slay the demons who'll try to take her away on that bloody path. And you may not know it, but the path she had laid down her foundation for her future... is already one that will put her through much pain, whether she likes it or not, but it is a path she had chosen. Because that is her dream, as painful as it will be. If you cannot see that, you don't even deserve to be her friend, much less a brother.

---

Saga: Neither are children anymore. Hayate will one day walk the path where her place, is to watch her soldiers fight and die by her orders. Grandis chose the path where his life is where it is, through pain and suffering, each day maybe his last.

---

Saga: No one but Hayate herself can determine how much of happiness she wants and deserves. Because as she is, her heart is still in pain, wavering, and she finds it hard to accept the happiness of what you envision. But that is a pain that only she herself can overcome, because that pain is what drives both her dreams. To force that happiness on her is to destroy her dreams.

EPIC SAGA HAS ARRIVED

And still oozing with much AWESOME especially in defending Hayate's love life

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-04, 06:54   Link #17265
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Done.
Thank you!

Quote:
Ask our friendly German Translator, Kyral
I was summoned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
A dark and forbidding piece indeed. Along this timeline, we see that Nanoha and crew had perished, leaving only Vivio (and possibly some others) to fend for herself. He from the Great Beyond? Does it sound like ... Sargeras?

Anyway, this is a good piece, and we want MOAR!
Hehe... Don't worry... not everyone of the Crew is dead.

Well it was planned as some little dark teasing one shot... but I find it to interessting myself to simply discard it.

Quote:
I detect lots of off-topics here. So allow me to counter with this.

TEARS OF THE NORTHERN WIND
CHAPTER 8

Spoiler for part 1:

Spoiler for part 2:

Spoiler for part 3:

After this, expect serious battle scenes between Hikki, the Immortal, and later the Aces.

And expect Sonic Form Fate, too.

*runs*
Yay! serious battle! xD

Quote:
Jeno: "We now return to, 'Lords and Ladies' !"
Carnage: [Mirrors... are more fun... than... television...]
Old 2007-12-04, 07:02   Link #17266
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
You tell him Saga!!!1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yeees, Meia-sama is the bext out of the Dread pilots

Quote:
And what do you mean JUST? It'd mean all my character development plans regarding the timeline have been reshuffled, since most of my major character events occur during and after StrikerS And it also makes alot of my previous on alot of my OC's, especially Glock and Kay scenarios void, being in the NBC timeline

Although... it does allow me to screw with a few possibilities here and there
Don't worry, AU is always good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I was summoned?
Krisslanza was asking about German names for spells
Old 2007-12-04, 07:31   Link #17267
Aaron008R

@USB Read the SRW LW chapters. FINALLY, KAMINA HAS ARRIVED! And what the hell is with Nagasumi in a Gunrgust with SPIRAL POWER?!?! And MOAR Ibis is always good! Naisu!

@Liingo: LIINGO! Why is your HayateXGrandis crack scenario in the Fanfic thread?!?!:fru strated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Felix: They wouldn't bother watching if you weren't making such a spectacle doofuss.

Felix: Wow with brabs like this how can he hope to stand before you!

Pixy: So rather then say observe discretely, look for evidence to acutally support suspicion, or hell even candidly and adultly talk about it... you instead start raving like a mad man, talking about how you'll interfere with them to "test" the relationship, and even attempt to engage him in a psychical confrontation... yeah this is what a reasonable, but concerned person would do.
Felix: Don't forget that if his constant and nearly pointless meddling somehow DID end up damaging or destroying the relationship he will, of course, claim victory citing the fact that his dedicated efforts aimed at sabotaging it succeed... Ignoring the fact that without this totally artificial and pointless interference it might well have worked fine.
Pixy: Obviously, but of course we know that if a relationship can't stand up to an assault mounted for no other reason then to try and destroy it then it's not "good enough".
Felix: Well of course.

Felix: If you stop acting like an overbearing douche bag that might help.
Pixy: Certainly couldn't hurt.

Pixy: Yeah this a bit beyond just "butting heads"...
Felix: It's more like you're running at him with a knife screaming how you're gonna kill him really...
Pixy: I wonder why...
Felix: Seriously I mean who wouldn't listen to unwanted advice from a raving lunatic?
Pixy: Clearly she's just being irrational.

Pixy: And of course your version is undeniably said truth... despite a total lack of any effort to provide evidence of such.
Felix: He dosen't need such silly things as logical arguments or evidence! After all he has "The Truth!"

Pixy: So of course rather then acutally wait for something to happen to even vaguely support this suspicions you simply barge in and start yelling about how irresponsible they are... makes perfect sense.
Felix: Hey he knows "The Truth!" That empowers him to make pronouncements and talk down to people without anything to back it up.

Pixy: So apparently they should plan things out, but even if they do it won't matter... schizophrenic much?

Pixy:
Yeah I can't see why they wouldn't what to talk to you about it at length all the time. I mean it's not like you're acting like a total ass, wait...
Felix:
Seriously the reason they probably never tell you anything is because you act like a raving nut and frankly they just assume you butt the hell out. I hear about it all the time, Vita knows plenty about too the problem here is with you Captain Courtship.

Felix: No, so far you will be pretty much be learning them alone given that you're the only guy acting like a crazy stalker that can't accept the object of his obsession is with another man...

Felix: It might not be easy, but your making it like getting blood from a fucking stone.
Pixy: I'd also note he has changed and rather nicely while you on the other hand continue to act clingy and whiny, don't you have a wife you should be paying attention too instead?
Felix: Don't be stupid since a "Goddess" said it was "destiny" he can just ignore her at will, nothing bad can happen!
Pixy: Of course silly me. Felix: Which of course only you have a right to judge not her screw the fact she's decided to continue to stay around him of her own free will and enjoys doing so. No that's not "good enough"

Then after spewing shit like this you have the gal to say you aren't trying to control her choices. It seems to me she's made her choice, and a true brother, hell a true man would accept that and be happy for her. A petty egotistical controlling jerk on the other hand would refuse to accept it and attempt to interfere. So which are you? You spew shit about honor and duty, but you show none when it matters instead whining and raving and refusing to acknowledge others choices and promising to interfere. You behavior is disgraceful and unfitting of anyone that dares to claim have a shred of integrity or "honor", but hey I'm sure you'll just rationalize this all away as meaningless since I'm just a "mercenary" who knows nothing about the subject compared to one such as you.

Felix: Once again probably because you act like a fucking ass. People aren't inclined to discuss sensitive matters with assholes.

Felix: Once more your arguments are flawless and crushing in their logic and construction. Might I suggest your next brilliant counter perhaps involve rubber and glue?
Felix: More or less since Hayate's choice of partner is really NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS TO START WITH.
Tk strikes with the HARD-HITTING CRIT-FU BREAKER!!! @_@

This had me sniggering for a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
*explodes out of the massive backlog mountain and ignites into fireworks in the sky leaving behind letters*

Eh...major dry spell of inspiration...I'm sick and running on empty...ugh...(falls over)
Welcome back!

Quote:
YOUR LORD LELOUCHE COMMMANDS YOU TO WATCH ef WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH!!!

Quote:
Illya calls whoever's older than her and her friend as Oni- or Onee-chan. I think. And along with random crack that Illya the eternal loli was friends with Almaria when she was alive.
That's... workable...

*runs*

Quote:

NIGHTY HAS ONCE AGAIN GRACED US WITH SAGA'S EPICNESS!!!

Quote:
Rosen: Why would someone like Grandis, the only male worthy of being my rival, even need to be worthy of your respect? Hmmph. Don't ask stupid questions.
Talk about contrast...

Anyway, Nighty's EPIC Saga-speech inspired me to make a MAJOR overhaul of my last post's Grandis' replies to Arcas. Would people mind looking at it if it sounds better now? Of course, it's more Grandis-style stelly-resolve and grit with a side-dish of chides instead of epicness.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-12-04, 07:44   Link #17268
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@Liingo: LIINGO! Why is your HayateXGrandis crack scenario in the Fanfic thread?!?!:fru strated:
You know..... the '@liingo' part is made redundant by my massive name in red right next to it.

And it's not like it's been noticed regardless..... The only ones that have commented about it have been USB and chaos, who have already read it here...

They sure know how to ignore stuff that isn't from Satashi...
Quote:
YOUR LORD LELOUCHE COMMMANDS YOU TO WATCH ef WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH!!!

Wait, since when did you get a geass...

Quote:
Anyway, Nighty's EPIC Saga-speech inspired me to make a MAJOR overhaul of my last post's Grandis' replies to Arcas. Would people mind looking at it if it sounds better now? Of course, it's more Grandis-style stelly-resolve and grit with a side-dish of chides instead of epicness.
Well it looks better...
Old 2007-12-04, 07:54   Link #17269
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I've only finished the reply to Reiji so far, I've wasted the entire day in class lanning with my classmates. Call of Duty 4 is addicting, despite the fact that I suck. Hard.

Quote:
Arcas:<narrows eyes, grits teeth> Since WHEN did I ever say that I knew what was best for Hayate?

Tesla:
*sighs and activates the recording*

Arcas voice: "...it's about Hayate and what's ultimately best for HER" "...I have resolved to test the both of them" "...forcing the both of them to make their choice and COMMIT to it."

Quote:
I want her to decide that for herself! Any fool can do as they're told; it takes an ADULT to decide for themselves what's important. I want her to understand and decide what's important for HER, so that others don't have to decide for her, and she can have the kind of life you're describing. And there are times when friends and family must step in and make choices for others.

Tesla:
So you are saying Hayate can't decide for herself? Even if she has already done so?

Quote:
Example: if you knew that Grandis was an unrepentant playboy and pervert, would YOU let Hayate continue to see him, even if you knew that there was a good probability that their relationship would end badly? The right to make decisions for another is given to us when that person has proven to have a bad tendency to make self-destructive decisions. Correct me if I am mistaken, but the Wolkenritter are sworn to protect the Mistress of the Night Sky, yes? How far does that vow go? What would you do if the enemy - the one who would harm her - was Hayate?

Would you protect her from herself?
Tesla: I recall we have already done so, Arcas. And that almost went wrong on its own.

Quote:
To reiterate: I am not the authority on what's best for Hayate - I merely want HER to be the authority on what's best for her. And furthermore, sometimes we must make decisions for others, if they prove to be incapable of making good decisions for themselves
Tesla: Your actions are vastly different from your words. You say you want er to decide on her own, and yet when Hayate decides on her own, you do everything in your power to sabotage that decicion.

Quote:
Arcas: Okay, first off, Mel and I are NOT Grandis and Hayate. And keep your facts straight - it was barely a month or two before the two of us went public.

Tesla:
Keroko-kun?

Keroko-kun:
Hey, don't look at me. Last I recall their relationship was never made public during StrikerS, which makes it at least a year before they went public.

Quote:
To repeat myself: I am in NO position to tell others how to live their lives - I want others to think and decide about how to live their lives, so that they DON'T have to be dictated by others. And if you want to try and create havoc for Mel and I, go ahead - but she doesn't take too kindly to people trying to screw with her and her husband.
Tesla: And do you think Hayate apreciates you screwing around with her and her future husband? The hipocricy of your words is astounding.

Quote:
Arcas: Perhaps I am - I don't claim to be an expert on the incomes of contract mages and officers of the line. I am simply making the point that they are are going to have to compromise should they decide to marry.
Tesla: Which they will, even without you trying to tear them apart.

Quote:
Arcas: How long? Once Mel and I realized that both of us were irrevocably headed for the altar, almost none. We sat down whenever we had a private moment and talked about what we both wanted out of a marriage.

And my goal is not to force them to decide what they want NOW, but rather to realize that sooner of later, the choice must be confronted, and that it is far better to face that choice NOW, rather than later.
Tesla: Don't you see the contradiction in that one sentence? You don't want to force them to make that decicion now, and yet your goal is to have them make that decicion now. Two completely oposite meanings in one sentence! By forcing them to realize that the choice has to be made now, you are forcing them to decide now.

Quote:
Arcas: I've never heard such a more blatant mistruth in my life! I've never interfered in the lives of ALL the Aces like this! From the moment that I saw Nanoha with Yuuno, and Fate with Kha, I knew that whatever time I had as their brother was limited. I know the four of them have good, solid heads on their shoulders - that's why I've never felt the need to interfere in their lives.
Tesla: Then what possible reason do you have to mistrust Grandis? He has proven his loyalty, and concentrating on his past will not change that. In fact, it makes me wonder all the more why you do not disaprove of Kha, who did not have the most innocent of pasts himself, or Yuuno, who has been partially to blame for the Jewel Seed incident, and fully to blame for drawing a civilian of a non-administrated planet into matters pertaining magic, or us, who ignored the orders of our master and almost destroyed a planet while doing so.

Quote:
And...trying not to anger you here, but exactly how many times has Hayate needed counseling from Aurion? More than Nanoha or Fate, if my memory is working correctly. And I barely know Grandis, we all do - so there's really no proof that he's got a good head on his shoulders like you do. Hell, remember the first time he met Aurion?
Tesla: Anyone who will see the 'murderer' of his world can be expected to react that way. Do I have to remind you of Vita's reaction to people who piss her off? Or Keroko's reactions to people who harm her familly? You, however, only start to interfere when things are going uphill.

Quote:
<holds up hands> Okay, it's not the BEST comparison I've drawn in my lifetime, but my point is that Chao has no right to decide what's best for everyone else - a point Tesla makes to Arcas not three paragraphs ago.
No, she doesn't. That's what makes her the villain of the arc, and thats why she has to be stopped. It does not, however, make her the most selfish villain ever.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-12-04 at 11:56.
Old 2007-12-04, 08:01   Link #17270
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

There's too much backlog buster and not enough time to handle full replies -_-

On the subject of the Arcas/Grandis/Tesla debate, with the interjections from Pixy and Felix, only this to say:

Quote:
To reiterate: I am not the authority on what's best for Hayate - I merely want HER to be the authority on what's best for her. And furthermore, sometimes we must make decisions for others, if they prove to be incapable of making good decisions for themselves
Franz: Fella, the hypocrisy in your statements is outstanding. And I'd like you to consider something: You are the self-appointed brother to my friends, but that relationship is reliant on them not getting sick and tired of you and telling you to take a hike. Consider my relationship with Naomi. I am her brother. And parent-figure. I raised her from childhood. I tried my best to instil a valus system in her. I didn't want her to join the OFM, she wanted to join on her own. We do all sorts of dangerous shit. Both of us have nearly died in the line of fire: twice for Naomi, more times than I care to remember for myself. And yet, when the call comes, though it hurts and I do feel worry for her, I let her go out into battle. Why? Because she made her choice, and I trust her. This is a trust issue, plain and simple. You don't trust Hayate.
Psycho: And LT, if you told Naomi not to come on missions, you wouldn't get fire support.
Franz: ...that too.
Franz: "Seriously, Arcas, get a life. She's old enough to die, drink, fight, she's old enough to get laid and see anyone she wants. Of course, she's not my sister, but that's the principle I follow with mine. Well, apart from wanting her to wait until she's at least 18... I've seen too many teen marriages break up badly... as an aside, Nanoha, I hope you know WTF you're doing becoming a single parent at 19. I was a single parent at 21 and it was pretty tough. Anyway, at this point though, Naomi doesn't seem too interested in boys, though that kid Alan does seem pretty interested in her. Background check cleared him though. And he's Felix's kid, and O'Neill likes him so he can't be all that bad."
*hands six-pack of Guinness to Pixy and Felix*
"You guys pwnt Arcas good. Token of my appreciation. Arcas, lay off my friend. Or else.
*a green-clad figure enters the room, his face hidden by the gold-tinted visor*
"Sir! Master Chief Sierra-117, reporting!"
"At ease Master Chief. I may need you for some CQC support..."

@TK: on the subject of the Helldivers and ammo count, while I've always been sceptical of the 30-round mag myself, Fuwa and Raven Team do seem to shoot themselves dry pretty fast when they're first engaging the Phantom in the TV series... did some looking up, and it seems that opinion is divided as to whether the arm gun is a 30mm cannon or 40mm. *shrugs* That said, it should have more than 30 rounds - I do agree on that. On the other hand, the prototype Labor shot to pieces in Movie One may have been hit with more than just one Helldiver's guns; IIRC, there were at least 2 Helldivers shown on-screen, with more fire coming in from offscreen... one of the things that annoyed me about Movie 2 was Fuwa and the Helldivers didn't show... <.<

Wait, WTH am I complaining about? I'm in total agreement with you!

Also, a thought: are you going to have your Rangers use the gold-tinted HUD-shades from Halo: Contact Harvest? I was thinking of using them for the OFM (for the occasional instance when such things would be helpful...)

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2007-12-04 at 08:14.
Old 2007-12-04, 09:31   Link #17271
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Happy Happy *whistles*

Quote:
Well, Grandis now sounds more eloquent, all in all nice changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Psycho: And LT, if you told Naomi not to come on missions, you wouldn't get fire support.
Franz: ...that too.
Not before asking you if you love her or not a dozen times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
*a green-clad figure enters the room, his face hidden by the gold-tinted visor*
"Sir! Master Chief Sierra-117, reporting!"
"At ease Master Chief. I may need you for some CQC support..."
OH SHI-

Expecting the situation to turn ugly or something?!?!?!

-------

Creator-san: Countdown in 3...2...1...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-04, 09:37   Link #17272
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

* tshouryuu quietly introduces a new OC luring Hayate away from the various OCs that are fighting over/for her.
Spoiler for Kyouka:
Many thanks to Lowe for being a major help in creating her.
Old 2007-12-04, 10:06   Link #17273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
*toasts popcorn, and watches the Grandis/Tesla/Arcas debate*

Someone make a full fledged scenario out of this
But it's alittle one-side

Jeno: "I want to help Arcas, but I promise to follow Spica for the week..."

Quote:

Jeno should quit being a Destroyer and to showbiz instead Though different Spica is completely different
What's wrong with amused and happy Spica

And don't be mistaken, her laugh is the lady's laugh

Quote:
And I used to shoot the TV's in MP whenever Lords and Ladies comes up
I watch everything on the MP's TV

"Lords and Ladies" was LOL-worthy

Then there's "Dick Justice" ...

Quote:
Arcas = Lelouch?
Nero, from the Devil May Cry 4 trailer

Quote:

EXCELLLEEENNNTTTTT....

Quote:
Nice
As expected of FSZ, you understood my feelings....

Quote:

JUST AS PLANNED!!!
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

If you look ONE of them is a crashed chopper, but the other is blatantly clearly a tank as this Screen cap shows:

Looking at that image, I would like to think that it takes abit of effort to bring down a tank...

Quote:
Crappy bunch of demons lords are crappy.
It's about the essence! THE ESSENCE !

That is one awesome name!

Quote:
*Push Saga aside*

Sipher: "But it's only through there would you then realize the truth. That she is a but a mere child, lost and deluded in a world where evil is behind every door, around every corner. It is inescapable, the taint is undeniable. The girl does not realized it, how could she? When her own eyes are blinded by her innocence..."

Sipher: "But you see it... The ultimate truth... Is that there is no good in the hearts of others, only how far one has fallen to get what they want... So tell me, how far are you willing to fall for this girl? This fragile girl who is so easily shattered from losses? How much can you risk?"

Quote:

Ah~ I recall the my youth... back when I put all my efforts into these Black-Magician family deck. It was such a pain to get 3 different Black Magicians and 3 different Black Paladins.
My dynasty came when I got my Chaos Emperor Dragon

...It was a good few months...

But I am amused at your chose of magic card You picked that of all types against my demon...

Sipher: "'Saga', is it? A pleasure to finally meet..."
Old 2007-12-04, 10:18   Link #17274
Tormenk

Rich pickings all over but I'm currently swamped with work otherwise I'll spend in my rep too. Be back if I survive two consecutive all-nighters.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-12-04, 10:21   Link #17275
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
* tshouryuu quietly introduces a new OC luring Hayate away from the various OCs that are fighting over/for her.
Spoiler for Kyouka:
So thats the microphone Lowe was talking about?

I really like the Idea of a new typ of device and magic!
Her abilitys are pretty interesting too.

Her picture is very well made!

Very nice character!
Old 2007-12-04, 10:46   Link #17276
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
So lots of dorama on Gwen's part, eh? I'll be looking forward to it.
Lots of dorama indeed... Being a bad guy is not always fun, huh?

Quote:
That's what I choose to believe.

BTW, any extra information about Vivio's IS/Rare Skill aside from what was shown in the anime?

Quote:

Erio has been compromised!

Quote:
Yeah... But the male lead is reallya let down... That's my only complain
Well, the girl herself being a shotacon (apparently, I dont know anything about this) isnt too attractive either, at least for me. She IS hawt though, so I probably wont mind much...IF the anime has an art style as good as that scan you posted, which, unfortunately, is not very likely.

Quote:

LOOK HERE PEOPLE!!!

Spoiler:

*Whistling*
...OK, I think its time to resume watching this series...

*whistles*

Quote:

CHAPTER 8

Spoiler for part 1:

Spoiler for part 2:

Spoiler for part 3:

After this, expect serious battle scenes between Hikki, the Immortal, and later the Aces.

And expect Sonic Form Fate, too.

*runs*
My comments would be the same as this:

Quote:
@USB

Interesting, very interesting.

Just a question, is this in the Nanoha dies timeline or a different timeline altoghether...
But...

Quote:
Rawr, it's raining right now out here. D:

No, no, no.

This takes place in the post-StrikerS timeline (meaning the CCs will be there whenever I see their role fits), so there's no way Nanoha will die in the story.

Unless you want another AU.
You have so many stories and timelines that I got confused a little.

Quote:
You know..... the '@liingo' part is made redundant by my massive name in red right next to it.

And it's not like it's been noticed regardless..... The only ones that have commented about it have been USB and chaos, who have already read it here...

That last sentence... exactly the reason why I dont like that thread.

Quote:
Spoiler for Kyouka:
Hoho! Our first Lyrical mage! If you've been creating her with Lowe then probably you know his ideas.

Interesting background, I like her a lot. She may have known my OCs when she was leaving in the abandoned urban areas too.

And also, Lowe and I have a very, very fitting idol Kyouka might have tried to imitate:

Spoiler for :D:

Old 2007-12-04, 10:55   Link #17277
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
*Push Saga aside*

Sipher: "But it's only through there would you then realize the truth. That she is a but a mere child, lost and deluded in a world where evil is behind every door, around every corner. It is inescapable, the taint is undeniable. The girl does not realized it, how could she? When her own eyes are blinded by her innocence..."

I'll admit Hayate's character is flawed in her commander's mindset, etc but 'lost/deluded/blinded"? Are we watching the same show here?

Quote:
Sipher: "But you see it... The ultimate truth... Is that there is no good in the hearts of others, only how far one has fallen to get what they want... So tell me, how far are you willing to fall for this girl? This fragile girl who is so easily shattered from losses? How much can you risk?"
Saga: Everything.

Quote:

But I am amused at your chose of magic card You picked that of all types against my demon...

Sipher: "'Saga', is it? A pleasure to finally meet..."
Chaos Emperor Dragon was a fun card, and it was extremely helpful due to my deck's nature of constant draws through effects, recycling magic cards, etc but well... but it's not really me.

And well, it's only natural after all. Even if it holds no candle to tournament, and effectiveness/efficiency-heavy decks that rely on winning ASAP, I am proud of my Black Magician deck, to the point where I had to put in 65 cards so that I could cramp EVERY Black Magician related cards and more into one single deck.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-12-04, 11:46   Link #17278
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Is this what happens when Tesla has something real serious to say? That said, I think I'll stay away from this one.
Tesla in an argument is kinda like TK, a sledgehammer. Blunt and hits hard.

Quote:
Almaria: Maybe Nanoha-san could help... But then, I heard she was just about as much of a workaholic like her sister... Mou, doshiyo? AH! Maybe Yuuno-san can help!
Tesla: Hmm.... *evil grin* That may just work, thank you Almaria-san.

Quote:
Almaria: Ah, Creator-san once told me that three minutes of sleep in school is equivalent to one hour of sleep at home!
Me: Hey, whoa, when, wha-?!
Almaria: But you might get in trouble with the teachers.
Getting in trouble with teachers? If I'm sleeping? We can play entire LAN parties without them saying as much as a word, I hardly think sleep will be any different.

Quote:
I can hardly imagine Keroko going out of line...
Can't even remember the last time I did.

Quote:
Reminds me of why I like Tesla so much.
Go get him, Tesla!

Almaria: Tesla-san is amazing...
Tesla: *puts a hand behind her head* Ah-ahahaha

Quote:
This is fun!

Almaria:
Poor Arcas, though. First it was just those close to Hayate, now even Felix decided he wanted a piece of the action. And even blast-from-the-past Saga entered the fray.

The arival of Sipher is more disturbing, though.

Quote:
Grandis: Learn to let your 'sister' grow, make her own decisions and face her path with support instead of scorn from you. The only reason behind all this nonsense is because you hate me. And you're just trying to half-assedly candy-coat your reasoning by 'doing this for Hayate's sake'. That's already tantamount to you saying that this is the best for her, no matter how hard you try to deny or alter it. You're failing horribly, man. I expected you to be more mature than that.

You know what I think? All this Lord of the Dunamist and being chosen by the Goddess stuff has gotten to your head. You seriously seem to think that everything you're doing is justified just because of your pseudo-divine standing supposedly supporting your self-centered opinions. But for me, your just being a destiny-spoiled egotistic brat that can't accept your friend being together with a person you dislike. Always think destiny will go the way you think is proper? That's for you to answer since I don't really belive in destiny much.

I care for Hayate and love her with everything I am. And I want her to be happy. But I am not so haughty as to think that her life is mine to control just because I don't think she's taking a path to greatest happiness. I'll let her make her own decisions (unless they are surefire suicidal, plainly wrong or just plain stupid) and endure it alongside her. I do not promise to keep her from all pain because pain is a part of life. I am not dissillutioning myself with an ideal and everlasting happy lifetime. Our paths is sure to be laden with obstacles and pain. But what I CAN do is to bear that pain with her, and to be someone whom she can lean on in moments of weakness. And she'll do the same for me if ever. And I will be with her in moments of happiness, to ensure as much as I can that she be as happy as she can be with her own perception of happiness, not mine. Hayate is her own person. And her happiness and well-being is my own happiness now. You should understand this since you're already with Mel. But seeing as you are right now with your warped perception off happiness for other people, I'm having doubts that you can hold on to your relationship no matter how divinely-ordained it is.
Tesla: *tilts her head as she studies the lines* That is a rather interesting theory...

Quote:
[Actually, this is rather confusing. The description for "A Mage's Diet" says that mana in the atmosphere is linked to the Linker Core; if the mage needs a quick replenishment, eating Loading Food is the way to recharge. And at this point, the difference between mana and energy is blurring greatly, at least to me, because if mana really is categorized as another "type" of energy, why would AMF be more efficient against mana-linked attacks but not energy-linked attacks? Of course, AMF can be made to specifically filter out only mana-linked attacks, but that would make Jail looks ... dumb. :3]
Which is why I prefer the atmosphere translation as an error of sorts. However, in terms of AMF, its not an Anti Mana Field, nor an Anti Magic Field, its an Anti Magilink Field. It disrupts the links holding the spell together, causing it to 'vibrate' apart and return to the relatively harmless energy it normally is.

Quote:
If mana cannot be kept in excess within the mage's body, common sense would dictate that mana disperses into the surrounding. Now, this is a little different from bioenergy (energy from consuming organic things, such as food). Excess bioenergy can either be (1) stored as a different storage molecule, or (2) used up by increasing metabolism, and therefore usually released out in another form, usually heat. For example, excess sugar can be converted into glycogen and stored in muscle tissues, whereas excess fat becomes liposomes or stored under the adipose tissue. But, this could be related later to some form of diseases, such as diabetes or obesity, if the person has difficulty in harvesting or utilizing the said forms of storage energy.

Mana in the body seems only malleable when the said mage has some form of rare skills (most common being Mana Conversion Affinity) or uses a specialized device (such as Durandal). In the case of a normal mage with neither of the two, the most common route would be to disperse it out into the surrounding. But, what happens when mana is so dense in a particular area? Excess heat could be absorbed and/or transformed into other forms of energy such as kinetics, but what about mana? Do they undergo some form of chemical reaction and/or decay over time? So far, there hasn't been any canonical evidence that there are machines that harvest mana as a source of energy, with the exception of devices.

My point is, does mana remain as mana over a long period of time, or they could change under different environmental conditions? It would mean that a mage (who does little but eats a lot) ultimately end up with a surplus of mana in his/her body, and, if we follow what bioenergy does, would store mana under a different form.

I'm getting some sort of idea of either introducing excessive mana-related diseases (I don't think it's quite a stable one, but it just struck me as doable ), or something else.
Hmm, I wouldn't put this as unreasonable. After all, if you eat a lot, but never sport, we know thatits not healthy. A mage who eats a lot, but never uses the mana it produces could end up with some form of physical problem...

Quote:
As far as I can see ... there isn't any that I can tell , mostly because we don't know the exact syntax of any spell. I'm making a vague suggestion here that if a mage really wants to use the spell of another mage, the spell is tweaked to suit his/her mana type, even if the end result and effect is the same. Elemental spells, however, doesn't follow this rule, since they use "physical energy" as base, even if it was converted from mana.
The biggest problem is that its the reverse of what canon showed us. Normal magic spells are easy to learn (Nanoha could use Tiana's Crossfire after seeing it once) but elemental spells require extensive training to even be able to utilize without a conersion abillity (like Chrono).

Quote:
Neglectable in difference ... or neglectable to mention (by the producers).

If mana is really universally convertible, following the discussion above, then true, there is very little to differentiate between the "types". If it isn't, then the differences can be quite influencing.
I have seen no indication whatsoever that mana has vast differences between different people. Unless I see one such difference, I will say that it is for all usefull purposes equal.

Quote:
Flawless integration between CC and OC!

Teana looking up to Keroko as an idol? This would make a good mention!

And Keroko teaching Teana how to fly? MOST AWESOME, and I finally get to answer how Teana knows how to fly in GuardianS!
The Keroko/Tiana idol relation has been around for a long time, I even made a 4koma of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
At least you are honest about it. Chaos claims he's only played one, and he's still tugging my leg about that one.

Though I'm quite surprised to hear of females playing eroge and watching hentai. I don't think even Konata watches hentai.
Knowing Konata? Hell yes! The step between playing eroge and watching hentai is very small.

Quote:

CHAPTER 8
Wee, more dragons. That alone makes this chapter rock.

Quote:
Also, expect Blaster Nanoha kicking serious ass.

*runs*

@ Keroko-kun: do you have the list for Keroko-chan's abilities?
Spoiler for spell list:

Quote:
Ginga: "Please accept responsibility! "
Wha? *glares at Kha* Oh that's just low...

Quote:
These ays the trouble is to get classic Dark Magicians. I can get the new ones easilly, but the old ones look so much cooler.

Quote:

Erio has been compromised!
"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny."

Quote:
Lots of dorama indeed... Being a bad guy is not always fun, huh?
Nope.

Quote:
BTW, any extra information about Vivio's IS/Rare Skill aside from what was shown in the anime?
Only what was translated from the website profile by Humbug:

her invincible defence skill 'Armour of the Saint King' which nullifies attacks with high-speed analysis. The rainbow-coloured energy that emanates from her when she uses magic, commonly occurs in the bloodline and is termed 'Kaiser Falbe'

Quote:
Spoiler for Kyouka:
*snicker* I'm sorry, this is probably *chuckle* not the apropriate reaction, but after seeing the image I can't help but be amused at the similarity between Kyouka and Tesla's earier drafts:

Spoiler for Tesla in the Alpha stages:

Beyond that, you already know my opinion. I like the girl.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-12-04 at 12:20.
Old 2007-12-04, 12:23   Link #17279
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Yes, yes she is cute...
But anime girls tend to be...

Zorc isn't a really great card... I'd prefer Blue Eyes myself but I'm just a Dragon nerd so...
So. Yeah. My OC is probably going to end up with a Dragon-theme... XD
Hmmm...the Blue Eyes in the OC....yesss~

Quote:
Alirght! *scribbles*

Ok no shotgun marriage then. So much for pimp.
....wha?

Quote:
I went OMG SONICFORM! FINALLY! AND FATE IS USING FALCHIONS!!!

Archer's knives basically. I guess it's where you're from that determines what you see.

But I've been wondering how to improve SF in Rebuilt... But so far all I got is to get rid of the offending lioncloth. Early prototypes include midriff but...

The most favored design in my muse group is something I'd call Bikiniform.
Do I detect an OC beach special? . Hawaii is nice all year round for a visit to the beach .

Quote:

*pats*

Ah, I know the feeling all to well. I wrote 2 or 3 fics and they basically all got ignored cause everyone was still talking about Satashi's fics . Kinda stopped writing cause I had no feedback so I didn't know where to go or feel inspired to write anything .
But then I came here .

Quote:

Man...now I have a sudden urge to have my decks shipped up to me so I can play .

Hmmm....Chaos Emperpor Dragon...I think I pulled the Ultimate rare version of that one (the Japanese version that is ). I think I ended up making like 5 or 6 'themed' decks when I was playing/collecting. Although Tormenting Waters and Molten Metal were my two favorite ones. And then I managed to get my hands on this card...

This card can't be destroyed as a result of Battling a Monster with Level 7 or less. During each of your End Phases, increase this card's attack strength by 1000. Once this card attacks, its attack strength becomes 0 again.
Old 2007-12-04, 12:33   Link #17280
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
*pats*

Ah, I know the feeling all to well. I wrote 2 or 3 fics and they basically all got ignored cause everyone was still talking about Satashi's fics . Kinda stopped writing cause I had no feedback so I didn't know where to go or feel inspired to write anything .
But then I came here .
The only one who commented when I posted chapter 2 of Fall of an Empire was Krisslanza. Who also frequents the OC-thread. If it ain't Satashi, chances are you'll get maybe one or two replies if you're lucky in there. And even then it'll have to be NXF. -_-
Closed Thread