AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 2 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 31.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-25, 13:52   Link #21
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Go go fight the powah . C`mon Nagato do something before haruhi steals kyon
Old 2015-04-26, 23:59   Link #22
Ardee

my review has to be in the form of original!Koizumi philosophizing to original!Nagato as they receive data about what's happening in this other dimension:

"Even though we might not want to admit it, it's probably a good sign for the nature of reality that we see familiar relationships taking hold again. There are two options: either all universes exist, or only some do. If all exist, then no decision in life has meaning, since the opposite decision was made elsewhere. Decisions only have meaning if the opposite decision is excluded, even in those universes whose initial conditions favor that outcome.

"As we consider this universe which is set up to favor Kyon choosing you and Haruhi me, its convergence to our usual state where Haruhi finds Kyon against the odds signifies, if not free will, then at least the significance of consciousness and meaning."
Old 2015-04-27, 01:03   Link #23
novalysis

Mikuru Asahina: "If I were a guy and you gave me chocolates, I'd be very happy."

Could this be a reference to the Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya? Was this an anime original line, or did it appear in the source manga?

Also: the ending. What a cliffhanger. Although I called Haruhi being in the clubroom before hand, walking in on Haruhi giving Kyon Valentine's chocolate wasn't quite what I expected! Oh, Haruhi. You are stealing Kyon, even in Yuki Nagato's own show/universe. Although, given Haruhi's character, I think that was actually an obligation chocolate, given as a friend - " Don't misunderstand, there are no romantic connotations, this is just a gesture from a friend. Happy Valentine's day!" It's just that Nagato Yuki, in her state of mind would naturally have seen this very differently, even if both Kyon and Haruhi does not.

Last edited by novalysis; 2015-04-27 at 01:36.
Old 2015-04-27, 01:17   Link #24
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, one thing comes to mind. Even in her normal version, Haruhi is aware of the usual tropes (she watched too much anime I guess). What trope might she notice in this situation?
Old 2015-04-27, 08:28   Link #25
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Mikuru Asahina: "If I were a guy and you gave me chocolates, I'd be very happy."

Could this be a reference to the Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya? Was this an anime original line, or did it appear in the source manga?
It was in the manga too.
Old 2015-04-27, 08:56   Link #26
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Well, Nagato, guess you just have to wait for your own show to get your guy.

Oh wait, this IS your show

Jokes aside this was a pretty interesting episode. It's really nice seeing Kyon laugh along with Haruhi (that... has never happened in the original yet, huh? ) Their relationship here is very normal and natural compared to the original. And it comes out stronger that way. It makes me wonder how Nagato will win Kyon in the end. (She is the titular character, right? If not only because of that, I'm sure everyone's thinking she stands no chance against Suzumiya. At the moment, at least).

Come on, Nagato. I may be rooting for Haruhi and Kyon but you REALLY have to step up your game, man. You can't even do anything yourself (Can't even open a bag of chocolates, please! Your alien counterpart wouldn't even blink to do that). Please improve your character 'cause this show should depend on YOU (Theoretically. Otherwise I demand a title change).
Old 2015-04-27, 09:02   Link #27
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
(Theoretically. Otherwise I demand a title change).
Well, it is the DISAPPEARANCE of...
Old 2015-04-27, 09:04   Link #28
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
not sure what to make of a Yuki X Mikuru ship
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-04-27, 09:06   Link #29
Draco Spirit

It's taking the third option obviously!
Old 2015-04-27, 12:49   Link #30
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Kinda wondering where the Kyon/Mikuru ship went. Or is Tsuruya here too much of a hindrance?

Hey Mikuru should get her own show too. The Disappearance of Asahina Mikuru-chan. Just so we can explore all ships, right? Oh wait, there's Itsuki, too. You'll get yours too.
Old 2015-04-27, 13:03   Link #31
GDB

Pretty sure Koizumi did get a manga...
Old 2015-04-27, 20:37   Link #32
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Haruhi once again steals the show, and I'm grateful for that. This episode proves that this show is nothing without her. So far Nagato has failed as a main protagonist. It's just not working well for her. I really hope Haruhi dominates more and gets Kyon instead.
Old 2015-04-27, 21:01   Link #33
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Consider that last time Haruhi was the title character but Kyon was the main character, this is somewhat normal for this universe.

Though I feel Yuki will get through this. Haruhi is many things but she is also genre savvy. Always has been and it shows in how she made her movie.
Old 2015-04-27, 21:53   Link #34
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
allow me to say this, Yuki X Mikuru OTP!!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-05-04, 10:49   Link #35
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
The very cafe that Haruhi took Kyon to has been seared into the minds of anyone Haruhi watcher due to Endless Eight.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Remind me again why people were comparing the animation and art style of this series unfavorably with the original? If you take into account the disparities in production value (which are unavoidable, and really only come down to smoother animation and a few effects), this series arguably looks better. Certainly looks better than Haruhi S2, at any rate...