AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-22, 23:45   Link #81
Barbobot

I don't know why I never thought of making Zaka the new tank driver after Isara. It really seems like an obvious choice, but it just never came to mind. That would be so much better than Ramal. They still have time to bring Zaka into the militia if they do it next episode. This show needs more time with some of the better characters to help it.
Old 2009-07-23, 01:05   Link #82
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
New script writers and a new director is what this show needs the most though....
Old 2009-07-23, 01:08   Link #83
Snowman24

They just might do that, with Zaka as new tank driver. I mean, unless they decide to randomly introduce Kreis from the R&D department at a time like this.
Old 2009-07-23, 03:40   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
New script writers and a new director is what this show needs the most though....
At this point they should just show game cutscenes instead.

& at this point in the story, Ramal being the driving makes more sense.
Old 2009-07-23, 03:51   Link #85
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
It means Gifts (being given) in the Day of Spirits/Fairy/Sprite... etc.

節 does not mean time. Put it with any noun and it usually means the day of, or holiday of... etc.

- Tak
Awesome. Thanks for that, it's all still very new to me.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-07-23, 07:58   Link #86
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Not quite true Manji. In all likelyhood it will happen.

Now will it make logical sense in the context of the story they've presented so far? Nope.
There's one part of that scene that won't happen:

Alicia: Once this war is all over... I have... There's something I want to tell you.
Welkin: Anything.

That would be too much for them to keep a charade of a love triangle going, I think, and if they drop the love triangle subplot I'll be shocked and gratified.

...As I think about it, I'm starting to think that will be the ultimate test to see whether they know anything about what they're doing. If they resolve the triangle then and have it be the primary impetus that makes
Spoiler:
then maybe I've been giving these writers too much flak. Maybe. Probably not.
Old 2009-07-23, 08:05   Link #87
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

They've gone so far already, why not just have Welkin take the shot...

Old 2009-07-23, 08:07   Link #88
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
They've gone so far already, why not just have Welkin take the shot...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-23, 08:45   Link #89
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Spoiler:
I'm just saying they've screwed the storyline so far; why stop now? I started playing the game again a few days ago and I just watched episode sixteen and it just pisses me off so much.

I'm not saying they had to make the anime a word for word adaption of the video game but they didn't need to throw canon to the wind just to make things that different.

Old 2009-07-23, 10:08   Link #90
Darknemo2000

Well those who appreciate animes argue taht following the original source makes it less exciting to watch (though they always forget to explain why such almost word to word adaptations like Haruhi are so sucsessful, as if we would follow this loogic then such close adaptations should be less interesting to watch while such character and plot changing ones like Kimikiss should be great, instead of turning into a totally unpopular crap).

I personally do not mind changes if they are done well, but it is not the case in VC. They seem to change too much, with it changing why VC was such a popular game as well. The fact that script-writers do not pay attention to the setting and slap a school shoujo-istic romance in an adult war setting or have no shame in using babelfish to write english letters only makes the matter worse.
Old 2009-07-23, 10:11   Link #91
kalbron

Don't you remember at the start of the series? People were screaming out that they should throw canon to the wind and the end result would be glorious!

I think most of them stopped watching. I can't imagine why.

Oh and spawnofthejudge, it wouldn't go that way if they're really trying to screw things up it'd be more:
Spoiler for Dear God Nooooooooo!:

Old 2009-07-23, 10:12   Link #92
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, from an original source that has no voice acting, I personally don't mind word for word adoptations because I want to hear how the VAs do some of the memorable scenes, and see how the studio animates it.

VC was a game, so we already have voice acting and animation done. So, we really would want to see something different. It should have been better, though.
Old 2009-07-23, 10:14   Link #93
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

At this point they could even get rid of the shot entirely and have Alicia's powers suddenly awaken because of "intense emotional distress" caused by this pointless love triangle. She'll go on a berserk rampage but will return to normal when Welkin admits his feelings. She can later call upon the power at will simply from the intense desire to protect her friends.

Spoiler for end of game:

What I typed should seem ridiculous to me. I wish it did.

Quote:

This works too. Except

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-23, 10:19   Link #94
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Looks like the Code Geass trainwreck came to VC along with some of the VAs....
Old 2009-07-23, 10:24   Link #95
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Don't you remember at the start of the series? People were screaming out that they should throw canon to the wind and the end result would be glorious!

I argued initially that they shouldn't necessarily be completely true to the game. I like to think that my arguments were based on media differences; some things are better in animes than games and vice versa. I know I was assuming better writing.

I'm still watching. I don't know what this says about me.

Quote:
Oh and spawnofthejudge, it wouldn't go that way if they're really trying to screw things up it'd be more:

Old 2009-07-23, 10:27   Link #96
Darknemo2000

Hey how about this : Instead of shooting Alicia Faldio gives her a mindblowing first kiss which stirs her emotions so much that she becomes a Valkyrie?

You know all schoolgirl drama - ZOMG first kiss was taken by the guy I do not like (maybe even in front of Shinji... oh, sorry, Welkin...) and then goes puff! and we have a newly baked Valkyrie. Sounds good?
Old 2009-07-23, 10:34   Link #97
kalbron

Nah. One up it a bit. Valkyria can only unleash their true potential after first blood has been shed!

So Faldio'll shack up for a one-night-er with Alicia (whether she consents or not doesn't matter, it's a shoujo, she'll be back for more regardless), carve a notch on his bedroom wall, then move onto Marina. Alicia will be bloodied and depressed and pinning after her Super Faldio, and thus will go win the war single handedly, before coming back to follow Faldio around like a puppy.
Old 2009-07-23, 10:35   Link #98
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:

*takes you outback*
*shoots you*

Quote:
Hey how about this : Instead of shooting Alicia Faldio gives her a mindblowing first kiss which stirs her emotions so much that she becomes a Valkyrie?
l have two reasonable suggestions

1) Faldio can't handle alicia's rejection and shoots herout of rage
2) Alicia can't handle her situation regarding welkin/faldio so she becomes emo and shoots herself
Old 2009-07-23, 10:46   Link #99
Darknemo2000

Why dont you like the kiss instead of shoot idea?

I mean VC so far proved to be more shoujo anime than shounen so a kiss instead of a bullet would in fact make more sense with the whole story so far.

I do not think sex is possible so no first blood in that sense, but a first kiss is likely enpugh- and would make those Faldio fanboys scriptwriters happy right?
Old 2009-07-23, 10:54   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I personally do not mind changes if they are done well, but it is not the case in VC. They seem to change too much, with it changing why VC was such a popular game as well. The fact that script-writers do not pay attention to the setting and slap a school shoujo-istic romance in an adult war setting or have no shame in using babelfish to write english letters only makes the matter worse.
I can easily agree with this. I was fine with the changes during the first half of the series, though it's the huge change of Welkin that makes me want to bash my head into a window each and everytime he comes on screen. & thanks to the change in Welkin, it effects everytime around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
1) Faldio can't handle alicia's rejection and shoots herout of rage
Oh lord. If this actually happens, i don't know what i'll do. Whatever it is, i won't be held responsible for my actions.

It'll be so bad, but so lol at the same time if they go with this.