AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-13, 04:08   Link #641
toxicstar

Season II Clarifications Please

So I just finished watching the second season and I couldn't be happier that Ciel was turned into a demon and that Sebastian will always be his butler (I just wish Sebastian wasn't so bummed out about the situation; if only he could love Ciel more than just as a tasty meal but I guess that can never happen *sigh*).

Anyways I'm a little confused about the storyline. So the reason Ciel's soul could not be devoured by Sebastian in the first place was because Alois commanded Claude to bring him Ciel correct?

But the reason Alois issued such a command was because Claude told him that the person who killed his brother was Sebastian right?

So my real question is: Why would Claude tell Alois that Sebastian was his enemy if he already knew that Hannah was the one who made a contract with Luka and took his soul? It's not like he was craving Ciel's soul yet so there was no reason for him to set up Alois into thinking that Sebastian was the one who destroyed the Trancy family...

I don't think I understand the basis for the entire second season. Anyone care to explain?
toxicstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 13:28   Link #642
Miri_Haptism
I am watching you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicstar View Post
So I just finished watching the second season and I couldn't be happier that Ciel was turned into a demon and that Sebastian will always be his butler (I just wish Sebastian wasn't so bummed out about the situation; if only he could love Ciel more than just as a tasty meal but I guess that can never happen *sigh*).

Anyways I'm a little confused about the storyline. So the reason Ciel's soul could not be devoured by Sebastian in the first place was because Alois commanded Claude to bring him Ciel correct?

But the reason Alois issued such a command was because Claude told him that the person who killed his brother was Sebastian right?

So my real question is: Why would Claude tell Alois that Sebastian was his enemy if he already knew that Hannah was the one who made a contract with Luka and took his soul? It's not like he was craving Ciel's soul yet so there was no reason for him to set up Alois into thinking that Sebastian was the one who destroyed the Trancy family...

I don't think I understand the basis for the entire second season. Anyone care to explain?
I would love to explain to you.
I guess the reason why Claude told Alois that Sebastian was his enemy is because he was already interested in Ciel's soul. He seemed to know Sebastian and his attachment to Ciel soul. That triggered his interest because he sees humans only as food. Its the same as why he brought Hannah in the house, it was because he was interested in the way she was attached to Luka.
When he got a taste of Ciel's blood is when his REAL obsession with the boy's soul came.

The real reason why no none could get Ciel soul.
When Alois and Ciel's soul merged, Alois made a contract with Hannah. That contract was, that no one could ever eat Ciel's soul. He did this not because Claude told him that Sebby was the enemy, he did this because he found out that Caude didn't want his soul and that he only wanted Ciel. Also because he found out that these demons where only manipulating them. So he wanted to mess up their plan and did the only thing possible.
The second thing he put in the contract with Hannah was that he wanted to join Luka in Hannah's body.
The only thing Alois ever wanted was for Claude to love him......

So when Hannah fell off the cliff, she used all her demon powers to make Ciel one. Making it possible for her to die, and join Claude, Luka and Alois in Nirvana.
Ciel became a demon and Sebastian couldn't eat him.

If you are still confused, don't hesitate to ask me
Miri_Haptism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:39   Link #643
Shashin
Dio-sama's adorer

I died.
This is so freaking adorable.

Old 2011-03-23, 23:34   Link #644
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not much commentary on the "Ciel in Wonderland" OVAs that were finally subbed a little while ago, huh? I thought they were pretty ingenious, on the whole - fully consistent with the feel of the original.

Here's my blog review - but it's full of spoilers if you haven't watched the OVAs.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-03-24 at 00:01.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 06:21   Link #645
YuriEcchiGirl

I'm really hoping that season two gets a UK DVD release like season one already has very soon
Old 2012-02-23, 10:34   Link #646
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Watched the 2nd OVA with William and Grell. Loved it, nice backstory. I swear Grell might be FukuJun's best role IMHO.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 16:23   Link #647
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finished.
Nice ending.

But i wonder: if someone wants immortality, wouldn't he be able to exploit the wish system by asking the summone demon to make him a demon? A demon can't devour the soul of another demon, so the wisher would be immortal...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:55   Link #648
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Live-action adaptation announced today. This has trainwreck written all over it.
Old 2013-01-09, 11:23   Link #649
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had to double check I was in the right thread. Kuroshitsuji live action? Who came up with this silly idea?

I can't imagine the result.
Old 2013-01-09, 19:47   Link #650
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ciel will probably be played by a woman, if he's in the movie at all.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:22   Link #651
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The movie will be set 130 years after the manga, so Ciel won't be in it unless they follow the anime's continuity.
Old 2014-02-14, 04:07   Link #652
Saiga Tatsumi

Just Finished Black Butler Season 2

It's been awhile since I've watched any Anime. However I decided to go back and re-watch Black Butler but this time Season 2. What can I say about S2 other than it didn't feel as epic as the first season especially in length. (Mainly because I thought, that Netflix only had the Japanese audio and I had to watch it with Subtitles. I found out about the settings though so I could watch it with the English dub) All I can say is that I didn't enjoy Season 2 as much as I did the first one. I thought it was lacking. I'm actually still watching Ciel In Wonderland Part 2. Though I have to say that I'm enjoying the extras a lot more than I did the main story of S2.

Especially, "The Making of Black Butler Season 2" I just found it funny that Claude, Ciel, Hanna and a few others had a different accent from the accent that they use in the show. Especially how they made it look like Sebastian's fighting ability comes from being strapped in and a green screen. The trailer that they made up also looked even more interesting than season 2 and definitely funnier.

There were some certain "themes" that I felt didn't belong in the extra episodes. Like Ran-Mao as a fungi and changing Ciel's appearnce via her breasts. Also the montage of Ran-Mao and Mey Rin during the episode of the making of S2. Also the drink being in between the breasts of Elizabeth's maid I forgot what her name is. I just felt that these themes felt out of place. Though I'll admit I just laughed at them and shrugged it off. I'm not well versed when it comes to Genre's but how would one go about labeling those type of themes? (I'm guessing Fanservice? )

Perhaps I've just forgotten if these kind of themes also appear in the first season. It's been a good long while since I've watched it. I think it's been about two years. I can still say I like Ciel better than Alois. One of the episodes caught me by surprise with Alois when he decided to teach Hannah a lesson by taking out one of her eyes.

Though this is also only my opinion, and I'm wondering what your thoughts were on Season 2. Did you find it as great as the first season or lacking?

Last edited by Saiga Tatsumi; 2014-02-14 at 06:22.
Saiga Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 20:39   Link #653
Kaname_Kuran_

Does anyone know what questions Claude asked Ciel to combine Ciel and Alois' memories? Need it asap!
Kaname_Kuran_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen