AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-19, 21:13   Link #23021
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Just that she doesn't seem to be the type to be pushed by her friends/slaves. It's slightly ironic that the situation you depict where she could be influenced is also a "maybe" scenario.
It's true, I won't deny that it's a 'maybe' scenario that's why I didn't push for it too much.

As for me this is why I don't think she's lying; given her personality as a show off if this was something that she wants to do and win then her approach to it should be to go all out with super-hyper-genki-kira~☆ mode. It doesn't make sense to pretend to be tsundere about it- that's not her style.

In addition why I don't think she would go through the trouble of dragging an unwilling competitor; Misaki is not the type to want to settle things fair and square; a win is a win, if anything she'll just use this chance to say:

Quote:
"How are things for you fleeting stars that are hidden by the sun of my beauty!? Another star shining in the sky has gone out, making my own radiance all the brighter!! Isn’t it great!? Isn’t it wonderful!? Nya ha ha ☆ ☆ ☆!!”
...Or something like that.
Old 2013-01-19, 21:29   Link #23022
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

And so our three-man army of magical blondes is engaged in combat.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Last edited by Hiss13; 2013-01-19 at 21:51.
Old 2013-01-19, 21:46   Link #23023
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Touma with those awesome entrances as usual

It's about to go down
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-19, 21:55   Link #23024
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
“Hey, Birdway. How about we fight and make up?”
I want the next part of this scene soon.
Old 2013-01-19, 22:07   Link #23025
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think she would go through the trouble of dragging an unwilling competitor.
Seria could be lying too, in fact, she's the type to not do anything without a purpose.

BTW, I apologize for my earlier outburst. Like many others, I get easily pissed when I feel like a discussion goes from the judgement of the arguments to the judgment of the speakers. Glad to know that wasn't the intention.

Anyway, this is what Touma said:“Hey, Birdway. How about we fight and make up?”

But this is what Birdway probably heard:“Hey, Birdway. How about we fight and make out?”

(I doubt the joke can be made in japanese, but still... )
Old 2013-01-19, 22:18   Link #23026
Requiem-x
The slacking one

"Hey Birdway. How about we fight and make up?"

Oh, Touma If there's one thing Kamachi doesn't slack off with (for the most part), is making Kamijou-san look and sound cool when it matters.

And apparently, rule number one to keep such a huge harem in check is "Do not keep grudges"

Also, Mikoto is one considerate waifu. Too bad she's doomed to be forever cockblocked.

P.S: I'm honestly surprised it took so long for Kamachi to do something like that with one of the parts.
Old 2013-01-19, 22:30   Link #23027
OverNOut
The Obsever

I wonder where did Cendrillon disappeared to.
Old 2013-01-19, 22:36   Link #23028
Awrya
U mad?

So the conversation between Thor and Miko-chan literally happened off-screen, nice idea by Kamachi.

Quote:
“Hey, Birdway. How about we fight and make up?”
Touma is actively recruiting (harem) members for the Kamijou faction?
Quote:
Ignoring the explosive noise of the air being roasted, Thor opened his mouth to speak. He had a look of disinterest on his face despite drawing out enough firepower to level a building just by waving his hand like he was shooing away an insect.
In the illustration he certainly doesn't look disinterested at all.
Old 2013-01-19, 22:39   Link #23029
OverNOut
The Obsever

^I thought it was the conversation between Thor, Misaka, Touma and Cendrillon.

But what surprise me is only a conversation, no fighting at all. I thought for sure Misaka would at least shock him a little.
Old 2013-01-19, 22:49   Link #23030
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So the conversation between Thor and Miko-chan literally happened off-screen, nice idea by Kamachi.
Yep, seems like we'll never know how it went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
In the illustration he certainly doesn't look disinterested at all.
Good observation, he doesn't at all.

BTW, if Mikoto can hold her ground against a Valkyrie/Saint then she's stronger than I had thought... That fight won't be skipped too right?
Old 2013-01-19, 22:57   Link #23031
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've noticed that Thor seems pretty good at sweet talking heroic characters like Mikoto, but fails at persuading villainous characters like Marian...
Old 2013-01-19, 22:59   Link #23032
Acer
Death to the infidels!

well, it is said in the spoiler that Brunhild did not use any magic against Mikoto, if this is true, and Mikoto fight with everything, so for me as an act that would devalue her, but we will see how the fight, I thought the volume would be horrible, but it's very good.
Old 2013-01-19, 23:00   Link #23033
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
well, it is said in the spoiler that Brunhild did not use any magic against Mikoto, if this is true, and Mikoto fight with everything, so for me as an act that would devalue her, but we will see how the fight, I thought the volume would be horrible, but it's very good.
What kind of magic does Brunhild have? I never read the Norse SS so...
Old 2013-01-19, 23:07   Link #23034
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:
She uses Norse magic of course. She could beat her opponents half dead with all of them having the exact same injuries and engrave a rune in their body to prevent them from being healed naturally or magically plus she could use the rune to control them.

Quote:
“Each arm and leg was broken in two places, five ribs were smashed, the right eye was gouged out, and a quarter of the liver was ruptured. …It was the same for all 1302 of them. The method was very thorough. Someone who could pull this off would have been able to just decapitate them much more easily. I get the feeling whoever it was went to the effort of keeping them alive like this so they would suffer longer.”
Old 2013-01-19, 23:11   Link #23035
leukrota

Quote:
I've noticed that Thor seems pretty good at sweet talking heroic characters like Mikoto, but fails at persuading villainous characters like Marian...
He has to be more careful with them since they are naturally more distrustful.
Old 2013-01-19, 23:12   Link #23036
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
she had a brief confrontation with Kanzaki that relied only on physical abilities and the second fight she was with Gungnir, so she did not need more than simple magic, in fact I remember she only used a healing spell and who a shortly before her fight with Kanzaki she beat hundreds of members of a cabal magic and broke his arms and legs in two different places, tore his right eye and made ​​a hole in the chest of each, telepathic magic she used to take control one of them in a scene and also used magic to prevent the wounds were healed.

But in fact, she did not use any offensive magic that I remember, well, she had the Gungnir, then ..............
Old 2013-01-19, 23:15   Link #23037
OverNOut
The Obsever

^Yup, other than Gungnir and her physical abilities she didn't use any offensive magic other than that rune magic.
Old 2013-01-19, 23:23   Link #23038
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
she had a brief confrontation with Kanzaki that relied only on physical abilities and the second fight she was with Gungnir, so she did not need more than simple magic, in fact I remember she only used a healing spell and who a shortly before her fight with Kanzaki she beat hundreds of members of a cabal magic and broke his arms and legs in two different places, tore his right eye and made ​​a hole in the chest of each, telepathic magic she used to take control one of them in a scene and also used magic to prevent the wounds were healed.

But in fact, she did not use any offensive magic that I remember, well, she had the Gungnir, then ..............
So when they said she doesn't use magic against Mikoto, isn't that just her style?
Old 2013-01-19, 23:26   Link #23039
whitecloud

too bad we didn't see what happen when misaka bust touma "flirting" with loli cendrilion, but im pretty sure it happened just like what i think it is.. even though the next part should be the usual touma sweet talking misaka to helping him with thor chirping in later..

anyway, misaka fighting brunhild? misaka is toast....brunhild is strong, even though she could disarm her claymore (it is steel) she could counter her electricity using rune thus reduce misaka to fight only using physical mean like throwing steelbar and maybe railgun as chainsaw blade is dependent on electricity
Old 2013-01-19, 23:31   Link #23040
leukrota

Quote:
So when they said she doesn't use magic against Mikoto, isn't that just her style?
Pretty much yeah.

I think that's common among Saints, even though they can use magic, they tend to rely more in their speed and strenght.

If anything, I think Misaka would have it easier if Brunhild used her magic instead of her saint-like (or valkyrie-like) qualities.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen