AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-23, 11:42   Link #301
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I loved how Kyoshiro was in the shower for a reeeeally long time. THAT was the best part imho

But the KyoshiroxKuu moments were cute too! I dub thee, "Kuushiro"

That kiss with Setsuna better just be fanservice....>=/

Does anyone else ship Tarutto with um whatisname
Old 2007-01-23, 17:55   Link #302
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
HAY I KNO U.

Soijiro, like I said before, is more of a prince than Kyoshiro in personality. (I swear, that boy has no idea how to treat a lady. >_>) He's cute with Tarouette, but.. no I don't like how she treats him. "REFRESHMENTS - NYA!" made me wanna shot her... repeatedly.

Quote:
That kiss with Setsuna better just be fanservice....>=/
I actually think that was for her character more than it was fanservice for us shoujo ai/yuri/girls' love fans. She asked Kuu if she felt more energetic, which was adorable and all, but I think it was to show how ... "childish" she could be. (Ne, my wording is bad.)

Yes, yes, the Kyoshiro/Kuu moment made me into a Kyokuu shipper! I didn't like it at the beginning but I guess I'm a sucker for shoujo bubbles.

Quote:
Here is my random guess/theory.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Kyanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 18:05   Link #303
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
I actually think that was for her character more than it was fanservice for us shoujo ai/yuri/girls' love fans. She asked Kuu if she felt more energetic, which was adorable and all, but I think it was to show how ... "childish" she could be. (Ne, my wording is bad.)
yep that has got to be the cutest thing ive seen ^__^

*kiss* genki?
*pours water* genki?

but you are right about her mental state ~ she is 100% pure innocence but the bad thing is that she is susceptible to corruption whenever kyoshiro isnt around

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 18:20   Link #304
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
I agree. Setsuna very much seems to have a precious innocence about her. She's entirely devoted to Kyoshiro, and I feel he could easily mold her into whatever he wants. I thought it was possible foreshadowing when she told Kuu in the bath that she'd do any for Kyoshiro. Anything.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 18:25   Link #305
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
I agree. Setsuna very much seems to have a precious innocence about her. She's entirely devoted to Kyoshiro, and I feel he could easily mold her into whatever he wants. I thought it was possible foreshadowing when she told Kuu in the bath that she'd do any for Kyoshiro. Anything.
And that TOTALLY doesn't hint that Kyohiro MIGHT be the bad guy. **shot** But I agree, it just might have been foreshadowing. At the moment it's just entirely up to speculation.

Random: ... Did anyone notice in the begining of the first episode, where Kuu is dreaming... She's wearing the Joto Academy uniform?

Hmm..
Old 2007-01-23, 18:36   Link #306
Kipp
Uncertainty

Well I think he's up to no good.

As for her uniform, maybe your reincarnation theory is correct, and her past self is in her dreams with the prince? Just a suggestion.

Also, what is the importance of that school anyway? Maybe I missed it or simply forgot. I don't remember why it's such an awesome thing for Kuu. Some prestigious school?
Old 2007-01-23, 18:39   Link #307
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
This reflects the opposite styles and attitudes the masters mold their swords.

Mika wields Kaon whether way she wants through use of ruthless force and viciousness, as to refine her into the ultimate sword that cannot break. Therefore, it explains the tests involving lasers and missiles shot at Kaon; quite unbearable for both Kaon to endure and Himiko to watch.

Kyoshiro wields Setsuna through use of willing submission from her, influenced I GUESS greatly by passive manipulation and infatuation. Kyoshiro sees Setsuna as his sword no more no less, treating her as his precious weapon with finesse. Setsuna does EVERYTHING to come in handy for Kyoshiro.

Taurette looks to me she doesn't want to be wielded or sticked to a master, therefore, I GUESS it explains why she's constantly attacking schools to replenish her Eternal Mana by eating the energy of the students.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 19:04   Link #308
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Taurette looks to me she doesn't want to be wielded or sticked to a master, therefore, I GUESS it explains why she's constantly attacking schools to replenish her Eternal Mana by eating the energy of the students.
Despite the fact many find Tarurotte to be annoying as hell, I can't help but to feel sorry for her. She almost seems like the "little sister" of the AA's. Destroying everything and killing people for the sake of attention, to be noticed, recognition etc. She's definitely a uh... free spirit? Doing what she pleases regardless of consequences, and not having a wielder. I'm curious if the fact she doesn't have a master is what makes her so out of control compared to the other two. All three AA's have totally difference personalities, and Taruotte is way off the spectrum on one end. Did something horrible happen to her to make her exhibit so much anger towards everything? She acts extremely spoiled, yet was the only alone character so far until she met Sojiro. Maybe she's just simply a homicidal manic.
Old 2007-01-23, 19:13   Link #309
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

I never thought she was going it for attention, I honestly just thought she was doing it because she thought it was fun. But now that you bring it up, her model character Nekoko's past was really quite tragic, so there probally IS a reason she's the way she is. Or maybe I'm just asking too much? Oh, well. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp
Also, what is the importance of that school anyway? Maybe I missed it or simply forgot. I don't remember why it's such an awesome thing for Kuu. Some prestigious school?
I don't think it was mentioned. I'm not entirely sue why it's so important to Kuu, but that is a thought. I'm actually thinking that she liked the uniform because reminded her of a princess's dress, but of course, I'm going to naturally assume that it's sub-concious and she actually "attended" (If they allowed a 'sword' to "attend" the school that is...) Joto Academy along with Kazuya, which is why it's such a big deal for her. Keep in mind, his outfit was quite simmilar to Kyoshiro's and her's.
Old 2007-01-23, 19:16   Link #310
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Despite the fact many find Tarurotte to be annoying as hell, I can't help but to feel sorry for her. She almost seems like the "little sister" of the AA's. Destroying everything and killing people for the sake of attention, to be noticed, recognition etc. She's definitely a uh... free spirit? Doing what she pleases regardless of consequences, and not having a wielder. I'm curious if the fact she doesn't have a master is what makes her so out of control compared to the other two. All three AA's have totally difference personalities, and Taruotte is way off the spectrum on one end. Did something horrible happen to her to make her exhibit so much anger towards everything? She acts extremely spoiled, yet was the only alone character so far until she met Sojiro. Maybe she's just simply a homicidal manic.
You mean that she's something in the middle between the Naruto complex (mayhem to get attention) and the Gaara complex (homicidal carnage out of self love)
Old 2007-01-23, 19:59   Link #311
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
I don't think it was mentioned. I'm not entirely sue why it's so important to Kuu, but that is a thought. I'm actually thinking that she liked the uniform because reminded her of a princess's dress, but of course, I'm going to naturally assume that it's sub-concious and she actually "attended" (If they allowed a 'sword' to "attend" the school that is...) Joto Academy along with Kazuya, which is why it's such a big deal for her. Keep in mind, his outfit was quite simmilar to Kyoshiro's and her's.
Thanks for that. I was feeling out of the loop. Kazuya's uniform is white in contrast to the black it seems the males of that Academy wear. I'm not sure if that holds any significance or not. Speaking of him though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Wikipedia
In Kaishaku's older work, Steel Angel Kurumi, the creator of the Steel Angels is interestingly, a mad scientist named Ayanokouji, the same family name as that of Kyōshirō, Setsuna's current master.
Maybe his brother was part of that? Maybe the white he wears is supposed to = scientist? I have no idea.

Quote:
You mean that she's something in the middle between the Naruto complex (mayhem to get attention) and the Gaara complex (homicidal carnage out of self love)
Haha I believe so.
Old 2007-01-23, 20:20   Link #312
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

In the first episode Kyoshiro noticed a small light little above Kuu's chest. He definitely knew then that he came across something special that's inside Kuu.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-23, 20:30   Link #313
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
In the first episode Kyoshiro noticed a small light little above Kuu's chest. He definitely knew then that he came across something special that's inside Kuu.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for AA info:

And... they just updated the main Kyoshiro website. There's now some info about the next episode, which didn't really make any sense with the google translation. But there was a video!

Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2007-01-23, 21:03   Link #314
Mangaka-chan

Quote:

And... they just updated the main Kyoshiro website. There's now some info about the next episode, which didn't really make any sense with the google translation. But there was a video!

Spoiler for episode 4:
I'm not surprised by Mika's actions. Honestly, I don't think I'll be surprised if she does anything sadistic since it's so much a part of her nature (although she might try something really nasty later one and I might end up eating my own words)

It seems very odd to me that nothing is mentioned about Kuu's family. Kuu's always thinking about how "empty" she is and all that, but never mentions anything about missing her parents or siblings. And if she had a family wouldn't they be worried about her after her school was partically (or completel) destroyed? So does that mean she lives by herself?

Meh, I'm just thinking too much.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 21:32   Link #315
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-23, 21:36   Link #316
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I'm not surprised by Mika's actions. Honestly, I don't think I'll be surprised if she does anything sadistic since it's so much a part of her nature (although she might try something really nasty later one and I might end up eating my own words)

It seems very odd to me that nothing is mentioned about Kuu's family. Kuu's always thinking about how "empty" she is and all that, but never mentions anything about missing her parents or siblings. And if she had a family wouldn't they be worried about her after her school was partically (or completel) destroyed? So does that mean she lives by herself?

Yeah, I'm really not surprised Mika would do that.

As for Kuu, you brought up a really good point. She hasn't mentioned anything about family. That could be a telltale fact.
Old 2007-01-24, 04:12   Link #317
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Or that...

Spoiler for ep. 4 preview guessing:

So, do you think that Kyoshiro really needs glasses? Those specks looks like his brother's and Kyoshiro wasn't wearing any as a child.
Old 2007-01-24, 08:25   Link #318
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So, do you think that Kyoshiro really needs glasses? Those specks looks like his brother's and Kyoshiro wasn't wearing any as a child.
More hinting that Kyoshiro admires his onii-san, and isn't trying to "defeat" him. I don't think he needs them, rather, he wears them in remembrance of his big brother. (Why am I talking like he's dead? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post

No, no. I noticed that too. That's where I got the reincarnation idea from, she doesn't mention family in the slightest. I see no reason for Kyoshiro, Kaon, Himiko or Setsuna to ask her about it, so it would have normally been mentioned by now. It's rather suspicious... <.< >.>

Quote:

Spoiler for episode 4:
I'm not surpried. XD Alert me when she coos over Kaon and braids her hair -- then I'll be surprised/shocked/dismayed. ;D

Quote:
Maybe his brother was part of that? Maybe the white he wears is supposed to = scientist? I have no idea.
Spoiler:

Random: Does anyone have a good estimate of how old Kazuya is? I'm thinking 18 -22 myself...
Old 2007-01-24, 10:06   Link #319
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Or how about this...

Spoiler for for ep. 14:
Old 2007-01-24, 11:49   Link #320
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
More hinting that Kyoshiro admires his onii-san, and isn't trying to "defeat" him. I don't think he needs them, rather, he wears them in remembrance of his big brother. (Why am I talking like he's dead? )
actually that can also be interpreted as kyoshiro impersonating his brother being the evil one and all (or is it the other way round? O.o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or how about this...

Spoiler for for ep. 14:
i want that to happen just for the fun of it...just like getting a bomb to explode in your face kinda fun

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen