AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-03-23, 00:14   Link #41
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My... now there's a stream of hate

I have no opinion of her at all and don't even know what Streep movie you speak of. But the rest just seems to be gut opinion. That's okay.... everyone has some moments when they don't like a person on sight.... just don't confuse opinions for "fact".
The chick kinda creeps me out, I'm just being honest...I would have much preferred a Sarah Polley or Thandie Newton type if you wanted to still have that pretense of someone who could do classical acting...Anne Hathaway should have been born in the 30's, that's more her style of acting, the olden era...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2011-03-23 at 00:32.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 01:52   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Michelle Pfeiffer has NOTHING to worry about IMO...Anna Hathaway is gonna be so over the top for this content...What a miscast, I'm already soured a bit...Nolan is the $hit, but I wonder if he can control multiple villains and a slew of A-list actors, plus the pressure of actually having a 3rd movie not do what most 3rd movies do...We'll see...
I should point out that Hatheway was technically cast as Selena Kyle, not Catwoman. There is no current indication that Hatheway will actually put on a spandex outfit and parade around for all to see (in fact, Nolan and crew could pull a 180 and make the new Catwoman a strict white collar criminal, thus placing her in a position with easy access to Bruce Wayne without needing the costume at all). Additionally, even if she does take up a costume, much like the rest of the series, I expect it will be very simple, something befitting an actual cat-burglar.

In the end, Hatheway is a competent enough actress that as so long as she is not required to do any serious fight scenes, she should be able to pull off a convincing performance.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 03:06   Link #43
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
I just don't see how you guys are gushing over Anne Hathaway as Catwoman...First off she's overrated and everyone assumes she can act because she was in a movie with Meryl Streep ...I give her credit she's been eatin' off that her whole career...Second, she's not that cute, I'm sorry, not trying to mean, different Strokes for different folks and all that jazz, but when she smiles she almost looks like she had some of the Jokers' Brand X from the first Batman...Finally she's pale as snow on a winter's night and appears to be as frigid...Does she have some jiggles? Yeah in a couple spots, but she also has a hidden uni-brow ...

Michelle Pfeiffer has NOTHING to worry about IMO...Anna Hathaway is gonna be so over the top for this content...What a miscast, I'm already soured a bit...Nolan is the $hit, but I wonder if he can control multiple villains and a slew of A-list actors, plus the pressure of actually having a 3rd movie not do what most 3rd movies do...We'll see...
That is just some classic haterade right there.

In any case, people were singing the same tune about Ledger and him playing the Joker. Now those same people all look stupid. Don't fall into the same trap and write off Nolan right away. He deserves the benefit of the doubt after the bitchslap he gave all of the doubters when the last film came out.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 05:04   Link #44
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's early days. After some leaked shots, then we talk.

As for Ledger, playing the Joker has always been about character. Under that makeup, no one can tell how you really look like.
Old 2011-03-23, 11:42   Link #45
Irkalla
I asked for this

Anne Hathaway as catwoman? No thanks, I just can't see her in an action role like that. She also doesn't have the feline/intense look to her, and is otherwise insanely overrated and plain. I would so have Eva Green as catwoman.
Old 2011-03-23, 12:01   Link #46
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
I wish they made clay face one of there villains there's so much potential there
Old 2011-03-23, 13:53   Link #47
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I wish they made clay face one of there villains there's so much potential there
These Batman films are meant to be 'realistic', so I don't think Nolan would put in a supernatural villain like that.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 14:23   Link #48
Ace101

Clay Face can be a guy who is able to desguise himself well. They could prob also do Croc who could just have a Skin Disorder. Anyways I hope they dont make Bane to Chessy which I doubt. Nolan has not dissapointed us before!
Ace101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 15:17   Link #49
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
These Batman films are meant to be 'realistic', so I don't think Nolan would put in a supernatural villain like that.
You lack imagination, good sir!
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 15:18   Link #50
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
No I honestly think he doesn't.
Old 2011-03-23, 15:22   Link #51
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace101 View Post
Clay Face can be a guy who is able to desguise himself well. They could prob also do Croc who could just have a Skin Disorder.
Actually, Killer Croc has already made an appearance in the series. Croc, and a handfull of other villains, was featured in the Gotham Knight animated mini-series, which served as a tie-in between Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

Quote:
It's not about imagination or lack thereof, Nolan has explictly stated that the supernatural/unrealistic supervillains would not appear in the film series.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 15:31   Link #52
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
No I honestly think he doesn't.
I think he does lack it if he doesn't think Clayface would work in a Nolan film. I prefer keeping realism far away from comic book adapted movies, but you've seriously gotta take a step back. Plenty of villains would work well in Nolan's film. Ra's Al Ghul is more supernatural than most villains in Batman's world. He's been alive for hundreds of years! If he ever gets mortally wounded, he hops into one of his Lazarus Pits, is healed, and the only setback from using them in the comics is temporary insanity. Now tell me Clayface wouldn't work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's not about imagination or lack thereof, Nolan has explictly stated that the supernatural/unrealistic supervillains would not appear in the film series.
As I stated above, Ra's Al Ghul is one of the most unrealistic supervillains in the Batman series. Over half a century of publication, and he remains one of the most unrealistic characters, but it works, as it worked in the movie, so I really don't know where you're coming from! Here, read more on the character featured in the first of Nolan's Batman movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Clayface is not a supernatural villain, for starters. The main Clayface of the Batman series is named Basil Karlo.
Old 2011-03-23, 15:34   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think he realizes that clayface would be boring without the super natural part.
Old 2011-03-23, 15:36   Link #54
delirium
Banned

Quote:
I think he realizes that clayface would be boring without the super natural part.
He's. not. supernatural.
Old 2011-03-23, 16:15   Link #55
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I fought clayface on DCUO not to long ago, he looked pretty supernatural

I'm thinking about the guy whos ALL clay and stuff.
Old 2011-03-23, 16:26   Link #56
delirium
Banned

Quote:
I fought clayface on DCUO not to long ago, he looked pretty supernatural

I'm thinking about the guy whos ALL clay and stuff.
Haha, I don't care if you play that MMORPG or not. it hardly makes your opinion carry more weight. Clayface can hardly be considered supernatural. Yes, he's made of clay. Yet, you're talking out of your ass because he was a villain even before he turned to clay. Basil Karlo(Most popular and often used Clayface) is an actor. He's driven mad when he hears about the remake of the classic horror film he starred in. He puts on the mask of the film's villain, Clayface, and going on a killing spree targeting the cast and crew of the remake, killing the actors in the order and way their characters die in the film, along with someone who recognizes him. A prison ambulance he is riding plunges off a cliff. He puts the mask on again, and targets Bruce Wayne's fiancee(A girlfriend or love interest in the third film could be used in place of a fiancee).

You seriously don't think that incarnation of Clayface would be a good idea? I can't believe it! I wish people would take five minutes to skim through the links I went out of my way to provide for them!
Old 2011-03-23, 16:26   Link #57
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
I just don't see how you guys are gushing over Anne Hathaway as Catwoman...First off she's overrated and everyone assumes she can act because she was in a movie with Meryl Streep ...I give her credit she's been eatin' off that her whole career...Second, she's not that cute, I'm sorry, not trying to mean, different Strokes for different folks and all that jazz, but when she smiles she almost looks like she had some of the Jokers' Brand X from the first Batman...Finally she's pale as snow on a winter's night and appears to be as frigid...Does she have some jiggles? Yeah in a couple spots, but she also has a hidden uni-brow ...

I'm not gushing over anyone. Honestly, I've only seen two movies of hers and thought she was pretty good in both of them, which is why I foresee her playing Catwoman well. Maybe that's flawed thinking but I really don't care.

You're obviously entitled to your opinions on Hathaway but to call her "miscast" when we haven't even seen a trailer is premature to say the least.
Old 2011-03-23, 16:31   Link #58
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I just have a quick question about this movie:

Are they going to make sure -Batman- is the main character and not have the focus on a villain?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 16:42   Link #59
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
I just have a quick question about this movie:

Are they going to make sure -Batman- is the main character and not have the focus on a villain?
Yeah, the end of the Dark Knight makes me think it'll be more about Batman/Bruce Wayne than about the villain. You know what I'm saying?
Old 2011-03-23, 17:07   Link #60
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Haha, I don't care if you play that MMORPG or not. it hardly makes your opinion carry more weight. Clayface can hardly be considered supernatural. Yes, he's made of clay. Yet, you're talking out of your ass because he was a villain even before he turned to clay. Basil Karlo(Most popular and often used Clayface) is an actor. He's driven mad when he hears about the remake of the classic horror film he starred in. He puts on the mask of the film's villain, Clayface, and going on a killing spree targeting the cast and crew of the remake, killing the actors in the order and way their characters die in the film, along with someone who recognizes him. A prison ambulance he is riding plunges off a cliff. He puts the mask on again, and targets Bruce Wayne's fiancee(A girlfriend or love interest in the third film could be used in place of a fiancee).

You seriously don't think that incarnation of Clayface would be a good idea? I can't believe it! I wish people would take five minutes to skim through the links I went out of my way to provide for them!
You're taking this shit way to serious, no need for insults. It was a joke, I wasn't trying to put ANY weight behind my opinion because of that. I simply think theres other villians in the batman universe that would make a better Main villian for the movie.