Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-19, 23:10   Link #1
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Limit Theory

Game is scheduled for mid 2014. It's a space game where literally everything (planets, space, ships, etc) is procedural, meaning randomly generated.

The kickstarter page has links to the various official hubs for the game as well as a demo video and other info. Sadly the game's main dev doesn't accept extra backers post the official crowdfunding run; which has ended.
Why won't you take my fucking money dammit!
The game raised almost 190,000 with a goal of 50,000. So not the most impressive sum compared to the odd numbers we've seen on other projects but what's impressive is how well he's managed it: excellent attention to the details that matter, good progress on what he promised, and most important of all probably the most rigorous feedback loop I've seen of any project, and I've been following quite a few alphas lately: It's always nice to see "hey check this new feature" and "this was done" instead of "we are thinking of [...]" and "Soon(tm) we will have [...]"

Hopefully the project keeps its current momentum since it's doing great.
Old 2014-01-20, 15:22   Link #2
Tiberium Wolf

Compared with No Man's Sky the planet they showed in the vids seems boring, just a land of mass.
Old 2014-01-20, 19:05   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Not gonna pick on No Man's Sky since I look forward to it, but just in case you weren't aware the devs of No Man's Sky in an interview with giantbomb explained how the "gameplay trailer" you saw was pre-rendered. It's something like the Planetary Annihilation initial "trailer" where everything was nice and clean and you had things like the unit cannon. Well in any case, it's not a finished product and the planets are just something you can go "visit" to access various resource hubs as far as I'm aware. No reason to make any judgement based on their current unfinished state; especially when the dev working on the project has hardly touched them.