AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 11:46   Link #441
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

>implyng there's someone good enough to be her partner.
I don't see she has any dance partner there.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:35   Link #442
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Spoiler for Summer stuff:

Almost fullshot of Ace.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 23:39   Link #443
Midonin
Last Engage

Never had a team of four that went to five before.

Does this make Ace our Big One?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 00:37   Link #444
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Spoiler for Summer stuff:

Almost fullshot of Ace.
here translation to the scan story
Spoiler for the scan story:
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 00:58   Link #445
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Guess I'm fine with a Cure Ace. Sounds a lot less villainous than Cure Joker...
Old 2013-04-27, 17:08   Link #446
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 12. Mana's Determination! I'll Take on a Disciple!

So far, another great episode. This episode's civilian was not treated as your average random victim, but Jun was properly treated to make the audience feel more empathetic and related to him. By the way, I did notice that Joe gave him a Cure Lovies, but it isn't out of the ordinary, since I believe it was just a standard one.

What we got here with the Selfishness people looks like for next episodes they'll be fusing themselves with the psyche and go beast mode. Up to now I like their strategy, since they acquire a tremendous boost ability, power, and speed-wise, thus, not making things easier for the PreCure. On the other hand, I also enjoy how the girls have established their roles when implementing their combined attack patern:
- Sword deals the massive damage while taking away the enemy's offensive capabilities.

- Rosetta furthers on by depleting the enemy's stamina with her protection shield, forcing Jikochuu to waste away energy.

- Diamond follows by literally freezing the opponent on its tracks, taking away the enemy's mobility and leaving it openly vulnerable.

- Heart, finally, shots the Jikochuu down with her purifying, heart arrow for the coup d' grace.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:04   Link #447
Provocateur

Spoiler for episode 13:
Provocateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:06   Link #448
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 13 - Dedizu do Ojolzaba:

Last edited by Midonin; 2013-04-27 at 20:19.
Old 2013-04-27, 19:16   Link #449
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Nice episode, Regina is cute, Alice is cool

Also, They fixed something from the preview last week
Spoiler for Why...:
Old 2013-04-27, 20:59   Link #450
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep13:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 21:36   Link #451
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Also, They fixed something from the preview last week
Spoiler for Why...:
Makes them look more surprised and fixes some of the off-model ness of it, I guess. (most apparent on Mana)

Also, that almost looks like a Mana panty shot.

EDIT: Noticing that many of the preview scenes don't perfectly match with the same frames from the airing of the episode. Small differences, but it seems to suggest that they're trying their best to keep it fairly on-model, especially color-wise, as Doki Doki's palette is a lot less saturated than Smile's.

Quote:
Spoiler:
This has been a bit of a pattern throughout the developments, though it's been much worse in Ai's case, who likes to poop out Cure Lovies at any given moment, yet the Precure don't give anything a second thought.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:19   Link #452
xizro345
King's Justice

I haven't commented the episodes in a while because I feel the series has been consistently going into a downward spiral, despite some occasional good moments. The powerup episode was kind of embarassing, especially since the animation was really subpar, for example. Episode 13 wasn't really better for reason already stated in a couple posts (Toei, even if it's children show, hiring competent writers would be a good start point, wouldn't it?). It' getting, at least for me, dangerously close to Suite-level of quality.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 03:13   Link #453
YourIdeas

I don't think it's been necessarily a downward spiral, persay, but I agree that Doki has had 2 terrible habits:

1) The characters all remain relatively stagnant.

For whatever reason, they've decided to relegate all of the Cures into the same basic plot-line/issue whenever they get an episode centered around them. Mana is always helping people with a smile. Being Rikka is suffering. Alice is always being tested as to whether she can control her rage or not. Makoto, who was one of the more interesting characters early on, sort of loss whatever personality she had and is just this awkward girl who doesn't understand Earth customs and broods over the Queen's whereabouts.

2) They introduce new characters, new developments, etc. that either go unnoticed by the characters, or are getting shoved on a bus for no apparent reason.

What happened to Joe's possible connection with the Trump Kingdom? Why does Ai crap out Cure Lavies every other episode, yet the Cures have only questioned this once, maybe twice, and only as an afterthought? Is it just normal for a human to wilt roses, since the cures don't react to Regina doing so?

They really need to slow down and focus on one thing or two. I'm hoping that in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the series, they'll have fixed the development a bit (eg. Joe giving exposition about himself, Ai finally understood, etc.), but they could at least do this earlier instead of wasting literally 3 episodes in a row on the exact same Mana-school-scenario.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 03:47   Link #454
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
I don't think it's been necessarily a downward spiral, persay, but I agree that Doki has had 2 terrible habits:

For whatever reason, they've decided to relegate all of the Cures into the same basic plot-line/issue whenever they get an episode centered around them. Mana is always helping people with a smile. Being Rikka is suffering. Alice is always being tested as to whether she can control her rage or not. Makoto, who was one of the more interesting characters early on, sort of loss whatever personality she had and is just this awkward girl who doesn't understand Earth customs and broods over the Queen's whereabouts.

2) They introduce new characters, new developments, etc. that either go unnoticed by the characters, or are getting shoved on a bus for no apparent reason.

What happened to Joe's possible connection with the Trump Kingdom? Why does Ai crap out Cure Lavies every other episode, yet the Cures have only questioned this once, maybe twice, and only as an afterthought? Is it just normal for a human to wilt roses, since the cures don't react to Regina doing so?

They really need to slow down and focus on one thing or two. I'm hoping that in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the series, they'll have fixed the development a bit (eg. Joe giving exposition about himself, Ai finally understood, etc.), but they could at least do this earlier instead of wasting literally 3 episodes in a row on the exact same Mana-school-scenario.
it just my feeling but i think after regina will enter the fight they will focus on her most of the times becouse of the titles of the next episodes with the crystal episode and regina attack and the fight against her will be more interesting becouse she the king douther

Last edited by elior; 2013-04-28 at 03:58.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:31   Link #455
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...hcriticism.jpg

This is depressing news to me.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 13:11   Link #456
4Tran

Episode 13

This episode is an improvement over the last few, but it still lacks energy and compelling characterization. The new throwaway character has antics that could have provided for a fair bit of fun, but they just don't click very well. We see more of Alice but it's just more of the same characterization that we got from her earlier scenes. Oh yeah, having a princess competition without the requisite frisbee competition should be a major negative as well.

Regina is a more interesting proposition, but she doesn't do anything yet. Moreover, the Precures didn't question her blatant use of magic so the whole affair feels flat and pointless. I hope the show starts picking up real soon, or I might just end up bailing for Jewelpet.

Quote:

This wouldn't be a problem if the creators at least made the characters fun. Smile was stagnant for its entire run, but it was also enormously fun to share in the characters' adventures. Here, Mana's weak characterization is really starting to drag the rest of the series down.

Quote:

Precure doesn't thrive on mysteries, so I have no idea why they're trying to semi-incorporate them. I think that these unadressed elements, and all of the other unrelated oddities have hurt Dokidoki, and that this negative impact has grown worse and worse.
Old 2013-05-01, 00:25   Link #457
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
This episode is an improvement over the last few, but it still lacks energy and compelling characterization. The new throwaway character has antics that could have provided for a fair bit of fun, but they just don't click very well. We see more of Alice but it's just more of the same characterization that we got from her earlier scenes. Oh yeah, having a princess competition without the requisite frisbee competition should be a major negative as well.

Regina is a more interesting proposition, but she doesn't do anything yet. Moreover, the Precures didn't question her blatant use of magic so the whole affair feels flat and pointless. I hope the show starts picking up real soon, or I might just end up bailing for Jewelpet.

This wouldn't be a problem if the creators at least made the characters fun. Smile was stagnant for its entire run, but it was also enormously fun to share in the characters' adventures. Here, Mana's weak characterization is really starting to drag the rest of the series down.

Precure doesn't thrive on mysteries, so I have no idea why they're trying to semi-incorporate them. I think that these unadressed elements, and all of the other unrelated oddities have hurt Dokidoki, and that this negative impact has grown worse and worse.
another mystery that showed in this episode was the blue bird that apeared when ai touched on the flower i don't think they showed her for no reason meybe she is regina spy or joe spy
Old 2013-05-01, 13:52   Link #458
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
another mystery that showed in this episode was the blue bird that apeared when ai touched on the flower i don't think they showed her for no reason meybe she is regina spy or joe spy
Or the "Blue Bird" of happiness. Smile had a traditional fairy-tale theme, it looks like Doki-doki is going to include references to literary ones. "The Happy Prince" has been mentioned several times already.

Last edited by ujiuji; 2013-05-01 at 15:14.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 23:56   Link #459
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:

I haven't watched the thirteenth episode yet, so right now I don't feel tired of Mana's gung-honess to help the entire world in need out there. Following, Rikas' issues concerning to Mana are my favorites. As for Alice and Makoto, I have to be honest that they are lukewarm and of no consequence to me. So maybe unconsciously I'm reaching my "jumping the shark" limit with this show.

Just hope that they don't do something absurd in this season like giving magical powers to a household pet to make it talk; that cat from Splash*Star became too much for me to take.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:02   Link #460
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 14 - Diva Voodoo:

Tags
action, magical girl