AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-03, 09:48   Link #21
gameboy234

I feel really quite excited towards the end. What a long lost feeling.
I guess the author is waiting for this moment.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:00   Link #22
james0246

I’m not a big fan of Rukia's new hairstyle. She's even more androgynous than before.

Additionally, what is the sword she uses to awaken the rest of Ichigo's powers?

Still, it's nice to see her again, and it's nice to see Shinigami Ichigo once more. His sword is different, so I wonder if this sword is still Zangetsu or if Ichigo has a new Zanpakutō.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:01   Link #23
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

....What? Next week is a break!?
mfw I just realized that Kubo was probably trolling us with weak chapters before this awesome cliffhanger + break @_@

Old 2011-08-03, 10:05   Link #24
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I am dumbfounded.

Strawberry and Death 2
if you read Chapter 1, you should know
Old 2011-08-03, 10:06   Link #25
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Damn Rukia, I think I'm in love . Ok in all seriousness, I don't mind the chapter so much. It was damn awesome and Ichigo's "Time to get busy" face and poses never get old for me. Let Kubo have his break because some good **** is about to happen next time.

-Zangetsu's design looks...odd at first, but considering the nature behind how it got to be, it should not matter so much. We know its going to do a Tensa Zangetsu at some point or another. My question is: will it have a different Bankai?
Old 2011-08-03, 10:14   Link #26
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I didn't like her haircut, she looks like a boy now. Loved the new Zangetsu though.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:19   Link #27
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'm in the "prefer the new hairdo camp"

Ginjou and Tsukashima are screwed big time if they have to deal w/ Isshin and Urahara.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:21   Link #28
Heiwatsuki

Hmm...... Rukia's hairstyle isnt that bad, but yeah, now if anyone who never read bleach saw her, they would probably think she was a boy. but FINALLY NO MORE GO GO POWER RANGERS. Though honestly i wished he had thought of a more less corny design for the fullbring. Rukia did the very same thing as she in the first arc of bleach right? She gave ichigo some of her power to awakens ichigo's shinigami powers.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:23   Link #29
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Its sad to see people still think short hair is for boys only. She looks nothing like a boy...
Old 2011-08-03, 10:25   Link #30
GDB

Pretty good chapter. And they "kind of" explained why Uryuu got attacked by Ginjo instead of Tsukishima. Apparently he's "special" or "different", and seems to have the ability to turn the tide of the battle in Ichigo's favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizugetsu View Post
OMFG i love it

when the wrapping cloud disapeared and be honest who among you guys heard

Hazel Hernandez - Number One
I started thinking about Tamashii vs Tamashii. Wrong series, but similar circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I’m not a big fan of Rukia's new hairstyle. She's even more androgynous than before.
My main problem is that her face itself looks older. Shinigami "live" for how many centuries without really looking much different? And now all of the sudden she's aging as if she were normal? I'll wait to see if it was just that particular panel (wouldn't be the first time Kubo's over-detailed a specific panel) or not.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:36   Link #31
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwatsuki View Post
Rukia did the very same thing as she in the first arc of bleach right? She gave ichigo some of her power to awakens ichigo's shinigami powers.
-Actually if you look closer, Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki is still with her. She stabbed Ichigo with a blade that seems to be made of Reiatsu (maybe it was Isshin's) and then Ichigo got his powers back in a new form.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:38   Link #32
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Its sad to see people still think short hair is for boys only. She looks nothing like a boy...
It's not about short hair; it's the fact that her recent bob cut is not cute or feminine. This hairstyle is nowhere near as good at accentuating her face or shoulders (something her last hairstyle did quite well), and the rest of her body. Consequently, she looks more androgynous than before.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:41   Link #33
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
My main problem is that her face itself looks older. Shinigami "live" for how many centuries without really looking much different? And now all of the sudden she's aging as if she were normal? I'll wait to see if it was just that particular panel (wouldn't be the first time Kubo's over-detailed a specific panel) or not.
maybe her face looks a bit more mature? there's not a incredible amount of detail on her face

Quote:
It's not about short hair; it's the fact that her recent bob cut is not cute or feminine. This hairstyle is nowhere near as good at accentuating her face or shoulders (something her last hairstyle did quite well), and the rest of her body. Consequently, she looks more androgynous than before.
slow down there haas, I understand you don't like the new do, but not thinking it's cute is your opinion and not a fact.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:44   Link #34
Newhope

All I can say is MEH.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:54   Link #35
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
slow down there haas, I understand you don't like the new do, but not thinking it's cute is your opinion and not a fact.
LOL, I never claimed otherwise. If you like the hair, fine, I don't really care. I don't like the cut, and I merely explained why.
Old 2011-08-03, 10:55   Link #36
Aqua Knight

It's funny how Ichigo was crying and then became a badass Ichigo again in a mere minute. And yeah many things have to be explained after the battle.

Don't know about my opinion on Rukia yet, but I liked that Kubo does change characters' hair and uniform style. Timeskip was definitely a good and refreshing thing.Ichigo's new uniform has a pre-first-Bankai-use vibe, when Ichigo was wrapped in bandages,black lines etc. during his last battle with Rukia's brother.
Spoiler for shikai SS:

New sword looks nice, wonder if it's Engetsu - Isshin's sword, Zangetsu or smthing entirely new?
Old 2011-08-03, 10:57   Link #37
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Thats true, im a girl and ive even got shorter hair than rukia's new design. last time i was mistaken for a guy was on sunday when i met GUNNS4HIRE in dublin. cant ppl relise short hair isnt just for guys. If rukia gets any haters for her new look i will personally bash them.
also back on topic
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!
REJOICE ICHXRUKI SHIPPERS FOR RUKIA HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-08-03, 11:01   Link #38
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty good chapter. And they "kind of" explained why Uryuu got attacked by Ginjo instead of Tsukishima. Apparently he's "special" or "different", and seems to have the ability to turn the tide of the battle in Ichigo's favor.
I got the impression Ginjou was saying that they were leaving Ishida untouched just so that Ichigo had somebody still in his camp. "It would be boring," were more or less his words, weren't they? It's not a great explanation, or even a good one really, since if Ginjou really had any specific motive you'd think that he'd prioritize getting what he wants over things being boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
MEH
That about sums it up for me. The rest of the chapter was good though, and I like the new Zangetsu (and am mostly ambivalent toward the new Rukia; again, I refer to the quote above).
Old 2011-08-03, 11:01   Link #39
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:

Additionally, what is the sword she uses to awaken the rest of Ichigo's powers?

Still, it's nice to see her again, and it's nice to see Shinigami Ichigo once more. His sword is different, so I wonder if this sword is still Zangetsu or if Ichigo has a new Zanpakutō.
I think that sword was the item that they were talking about in about couple of chapters ago when they was talking about Ichigo future.

But speaking of which, I like to know what other changes that SS went through.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:02   Link #40
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

When Rukia showed up I was just thinking what Nozomi was doin' in mah cannon.

I hope Ichigo doesn't go all pure hearted hero on us, I want him to beat Ginjou and Tsuki into the ground. No more of the trying to reason with your enemy and crying like a little girl until they tell you why they're evil please.
Closed Thread