AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-20, 10:37   Link #1
ginko51

Anime about/featuring-lot-of travelling

The title says it all - I'd like some recommendations for good anime where the protagonist (along with others or by himself) travels from place to place.

Thanks in advance
Old 2008-09-20, 10:57   Link #2
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endow View Post
The title says it all - I'd like some recommendations for good anime where the protagonist (along with others or by himself) travels from place to place.

Thanks in advance
Recommending Kino no tabi. You may also want to try Avenger and Slayers.
Old 2008-09-20, 11:10   Link #3
Smithsky

Try

Spice and Wolf
Samurai Champloo
Old 2008-09-20, 13:34   Link #4
Autumn Demon
~

yami to boushi to hon no tabibito
ookami to koushinryou
kino no tabi
Old 2008-09-20, 13:56   Link #5
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

Good for you is different from good for me. Good for me is the animated Star ocean series since I loved the game Star ocean the second story, and even though the anime had the worst ending ever (though there are worse) I loved the anime. It involves the protagonist travelling through the world in order to get go back in time (huh?) and back to his home. best description I can give 'cuz it ´was like 2 years ago I watched it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-09-20, 15:23   Link #6
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

One Piece, they've travelled for around 11 years and we still get surprises every new chapter. Plus the story have finally kicked into an all time high, with crazy unpredictable events happening every chapter.

There's a reason for it being Japan's all time top manga and anime. It maintained its ratings within the top 5 positions for 11 years.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-20, 17:55   Link #7
blewin

Crest of the Star - 1st season. Stranded in a planet and are forced to travel on foot. Has some nice scenes on travelling.

King of bandit Jing - travelling plus some artistic and symbolism spent on philosophy.
Old 2008-09-20, 21:15   Link #8
AnimeFan188

What about World Destruction? See the world! Then *destroy it!*
Old 2008-09-20, 22:31   Link #9
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

judging by the avatar, i believed that you have watch mushshi

anyways, i dont know if dot hack series would count, if traveling in game count that is.

the characters in gundam seed travels alot, same with other non-UC gundam shows, the characters seems to travel quite a bit.
Old 2008-09-20, 23:31   Link #10
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
One day, a young man wakes up in a broken room. He has no memories, only a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman. He is suddenly attacked by assailants who appear to be harvesting people's memories. After some adventures, he escapes into space and travels to various planets, encountering various people and gradually remembers who he really was.
As far as anime go, some might find Kaiba a bit too avant garde. Those who can look past its deliberately "childish" aesthetic, however, would find a highly original take on familiar existential themes first explored in shows such as Ghost in the Shell.
Old 2008-09-21, 00:57   Link #11
gaguri

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

As far as anime go, some might find Kaiba a bit too avant garde. Those who can look past its deliberately "childish" aesthetic, however, would find a highly original take on familiar existential themes first explored in shows such as Ghost in the Shell.
O man, WORD. For me, Kaiba was a god-send admist a season full of shows I had absolutely no interest of. I'll just add one more thing to TRL's point about its original take on existential themes; it's one of very few works (Live Action or animation) that evoke such powerful sense of warmth while handling themes of memories/identity/body, which are often treated in a very cold and sterile manner (i.e. Lain, GITS).

Spoiler for tl;dr:

I also think it's an amazing piece of writing, amazing journey, amazing mystery, just whole pack of amazing things. Highly recommended.

*and OP is beautiful but so is ED, so here it is.

Old 2008-09-21, 05:17   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
the characters in gundam seed travels alot, same with other non-UC gundam shows, the characters seems to travel quite a bit.
Hmmm Gundam SEED was basically a copy of White Base's travels, Space to Earth, travels half the planet, into desert, cross an ocean, back to space. With battle ships and flying mechs, I'm sure if its the type of travel Endow wants lol

But yes, G Gundam has a lone hero who later finds companions, who travels all over the world to look for other fighters and also the man he wants to kill.

Turn A Gundam has quite traditional travelling as well as distances are not covered by giant airships and flying mechs in an instance.

Other than the Gundams, Overman King Gainer had a really grand travelling. The story revolves around 'immigranting' an entire city, pulled by large groundships, like a gigantic train that stretches hundreds of kilometres. They call the nomad activity an 'Exodus', they want to shift from a cold desolated land to a warm tropical one where they can farm and live easier lives.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-21, 07:05   Link #13
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
surprises me that no one said Tsubasa Chronicle yet
its a group that travels to different dimensions, the group comes from different worls as well and each have their own wish to do this, the main point is that they travel to regain the lost feathers which hold the lost memories from one of them
also the music is very good and its from Clamp =P
Old 2008-09-21, 17:51   Link #14
blewin

forgot to add: The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye
a good travelling show featuring some fantastic desert scenes and a girl attune to nature.

there's also Twelve Kingdoms, another great travelling show, well, travelling in the first half anyway.

Last edited by blewin; 2008-09-21 at 18:18.
Old 2008-09-24, 06:52   Link #15
blewin

uh... this is what I get for having watched too many animes and with the good ones slipping my mind.

Some other great travelling anime: Scrapped Princess, Escaflowne and FMA.
Closed Thread