Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 20:14   Link #3921
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Heh, well if it's any comfort Claire is basically gone for volume 10.

But at the end of volume 10, Claire basically becomes the priestess for the dark elemental lord, and keeps Kamito's dark powers in check. So I guess she wins?

Restia doesn't show up except for the very very end, so we're going to have to wait for the next volume for some Restia + harem interaction.

I expected it. I totally expected it. Doesn't mean I like it ..
Old 2013-03-09, 20:19   Link #3922
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I'm not sure so I may need to recheck, but isn't Restia only jealous of Est and not the other girls ?
Well, she (and an increasing number of side-characters) says Claire = pet kitten, and then complains that he has so many girls around him.

Quote:
Heh, well if it's any comfort Claire is basically gone for volume 10.

But at the end of volume 10, Claire basically becomes the priestess for the dark elemental lord, and keeps Kamito's dark powers in check. So I guess she wins?

Restia doesn't show up except for the very very end, so we're going to have to wait for the next volume for some Restia + harem interaction.
The spoilers said that right before the final battle, Restia and Est wake up and snark each other. Between this and other previous Restia appearances, she seems to be a foil to Est primarily.

Does Claire actually calm him down with the dark priestess powers? I though Fianna talked/slapped her out of that, and then Claire woke him up with a kiss.
Old 2013-03-09, 20:23   Link #3923
Soji

Again I thought is feeling was the most important thing to see who wins.
Also from what I recall not something had happened with Ellis and her grandfather( or some one of her family) that make almost like that they are engaged or something like this? Of course I know that is not the case ...but with what he told to Kamito XD
Plus if this keep up he end with the harem....also with Claire being a *M* for her to the point that even Scarlet (girl mode) call him master because Claire dream about Kamito .
Although, I do hope the author makes better use of Claire *M* side in the future.

Quote:
The spoilers said that right before the final battle, Restia and Est wake up and snark each other. Between this and other previous Restia appearances, she seems to be a foil to Est primarily.
How fun will be see Kamito deal with these 2 spirit Girls from now on....yeah I will enjoy see that,that and Claire *M* side.XD
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:47   Link #3924
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, she (and an increasing number of side-characters) says Claire = pet kitten, and then complains that he has so many girls around him.

Does Claire actually calm him down with the dark priestess powers? I though Fianna talked/slapped her out of that, and then Claire woke him up with a kiss.
yes it took Fianna and Scarlet? I think, some time to slap Clair out of brain washing, who then proceeds to slap Kamito out of Dark Lord state through a kiss...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:55   Link #3925
NeutralZero

urg... of all form of development to befall on a character, why her of all character?
It just further solidify that cat's stat as main heroine..
Indeed, an expected development yet still hard to swallow...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:02   Link #3926
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Why would anyone expect surprising development for this particular novel? I mean, it definitely never tried to have deep and complex story or multiple plot twists

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:07   Link #3927
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Why would anyone expect surprising development for this particular novel? I mean, it definitely never tried to have deep and complex story or multiple plot twists
A story doesn't have to be complex or surprising, its more about execution. The better the execution of a story, the more enjoyable it is to read. Also, if it allows more fan participation such as many questionable or interesting areas to discuss or speculate, then it is pretty successful because the purpose of any story is to allow readers to engage in them.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:27   Link #3928
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

While I agree that having good execution will make the story more enjoyable, I don't really think that the author main point is the execution of the romance drama. I feel like that this novel is fun to read because of the situation regarding the characters (i.e romcom situation) rather than the actual story/plot in romance part.

All in all, I expected there will be no serious romance story in this novel; the author will keep the status quo so that we can enjoy the harem situation.

Old 2013-03-09, 23:28   Link #3929
Yye1
Wide Right

Why am I not surprised that Claire gets to have the main heroine role

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 01:11   Link #3930
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Burn the witch!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:15   Link #3931
erdii

just to confirm. is it Claire power as darkness queens that supressed the power or just the kiss part ? if it is just kiss then pretty much everyone can do it
Old 2013-03-10, 02:57   Link #3932
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Claire goes through the ceremony to become the priestess for the darkness, but it gets interrupted by fianna and scarlet. She gets the effects of the ceremony reversed while keeping her powers as priestess for the darkness.

Meanwhile that happens, Kamito gets downed by Rubia, and then accepts the contract with the darkness lord in despair.

Claire intervenes and stops him with a kiss and her position as his priestess.

Somehow (I need to reread this bit) making the contract with the dark lord fixes his contract with Restia and he faces Rubia with dual wield.

The bit about est and Restia bickering is about 4 lines long. And there is no interaction between her and the rest of the harem.

There are a few plot twists though:

1. Rubia actually is the reincarnation of the Holy maiden that slew the first demon lord. Her motives are pure supposedly, but what she is actually trying to accomplish by killing the elemental lords is unknown. However, she is ready to die as penance for forcing her sister into the role of priestess of the dark lord.

2. The name of the spirit that guides rinslet out of the tunnels has no memories but shares the same name and form of the supposed water elemental lord. There might be some foul play involved with the current elemental lords.

3. That witch that is in team inferno suggests that their kingdom has other plans for the demon lord and rubia is nothing but an unwitting pawn. Dundundun

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 03:12   Link #3933
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
just to confirm. is it Claire power as darkness queens that supressed the power or just the kiss part ? if it is just kiss then pretty much everyone can do it
right now we cant say but its guaranteed that dark powers help maintain Kamito just recently Sakura Hanpen just tweeted that they are having a meeting with Shimizu and the editor probably a party?.... all i know they are discussing something over ramen
Quote:
Claire goes through the ceremony to become the priestess for the darkness, but it gets interrupted by fianna and scarlet. She gets the effects of the ceremony reversed while keeping her powers as priestess for the darkness.

Meanwhile that happens, Kamito gets downed by Rubia, and then accepts the contract with the darkness lord in despair.

Claire intervenes and stops him with a kiss and her position as his priestess.

Somehow (I need to reread this bit) making the contract with the dark lord fixes his contract with Restia and he faces Rubia with dual wield.

The bit about est and Restia bickering is about 4 lines long. And there is no interaction between her and the rest of the harem.

There are a few plot twists though:

1. Rubia actually is the reincarnation of the Holy maiden that slew the first demon lord. Her motives are pure supposedly, but what she is actually trying to accomplish by killing the elemental lords is unknown. However, she is ready to die as penance for forcing her sister into the role of priestess of the dark lord.

2. The name of the spirit that guides rinslet out of the tunnels has no memories but shares the same name and form of the supposed water elemental lord. There might be some foul play involved with the current elemental lords.

3. That witch that is in team inferno suggests that their kingdom has other plans for the demon lord and rubia is nothing but an unwitting pawn. Dundundun
Well one thing is certain is that according to Grayworth's knowledge and experience the current Blade Dance is an anomaly, that means a lot of things with the system.
I'd consider noting that Iseria Shivod had her memories sealed along with her domain somewhere between the time Grayworth won the blade dance and Kamito as Ren Ashbell winning the blade dance so something happened between that interval and I can't speculate further...
as for Rubia being Ariesha... that means... quite a lot... I mean Kamito is currently using what was once her sword... but this notes actually makes things easier for me to read the RAW
Old 2013-03-10, 03:16   Link #3934
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Maybe Ren Ashdoll was trying to save all his friends (the other elemental lords) when he incited the rebellion? Also, is this where the speculations that the elemental lords are fake came from?

Old 2013-03-10, 03:34   Link #3935
Algester

but what I can speculate however is that
Rinslet lost Fenrir (her family's ice wolf) to Heirarch/Sorja Kahn's Bandersnatch (think of Fate's Rule Breaker from Caster), and shes left with no contract at all... then with the Scarlet team meeting Iseria Shivod isnt entirely a coincidence considering Laurenfrost lineage are also on par with the Elstein lineage of having queens in their family and that Rinslet is the current oldest of the siblings... asides from one currently frozen... theres something in that detail, that I can see a series of events... and I have a feeling volume 11 we might meet another Shivod the fake one perhaps?
Old 2013-03-10, 10:14   Link #3936
Yye1
Wide Right

Wow, the new chapter was awesome, Est!!! thnks zzhk

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 20:35   Link #3937
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
But their true secret mission was -- "The extermination of «Darkness Spirit» Restia."
Oh shit what are they going to do with Restia? I wonder why their kingdom specifically target her... perhaps because she's the key to demon lord summoning?

Old 2013-03-10, 20:44   Link #3938
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Oh shit what are they going to do with Restia? I wonder why their kingdom specifically target her... perhaps because she's the key to demon lord summoning?
Well Luminaris is a holy spirit user and her country seems to be the villainous and overbearingly religious church of the series. I doubt that Luminaris will join the harem somehow, but luckily we all know her fate.

BTW, concerning speculation of Ren Ashdoll. Judging from information on the Spirit War it seems that there were multiple Elemental Lords for each attribute with the exception of the darkness attribute. Something like that. The current Elemental Lords are not imposters, but simply the Elemental Lords who were victorious in the Spirit War and the recently sealed Iseria would be one of the Elemental Lords that lost and was sealed away.

@Sylphic So why and how was Areisha reincarnated and when and how did Rubia discover that she was Areisha? Thank you.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 20:52   Link #3939
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Well Luminaris is a holy spirit user and her country seems to be the villainous and overbearingly religious church of the series. I doubt that Luminaris will join the harem somehow, but luckily we all know her fate.

BTW, concerning speculation of Ren Ashdoll. Judging from information on the Spirit War it seems that there were multiple Elemental Lords for each attribute with the exception of the darkness attribute. Something like that. The current Elemental Lords are not imposters, but simply the Elemental Lords who were victorious in the Spirit War and the recently sealed Iseria would be one of the Elemental Lords that lost and was sealed away.

@Sylphic So why and how was Areisha reincarnated and when and how did Rubia discover that she was Areisha? Thank you.
which wont make sense since currently theres another Iseria Shivod existing with in the circle of the elemental lords presiding over the blade dance and that water spirits still exist
Old 2013-03-10, 20:56   Link #3940
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
which wont make sense since currently theres another Iseria Shivod existing with in the circle of the elemental lords presiding over the blade dance and that water spirits still exist
If you're referring to the fact that they share the same name, maybe the current Elemental Lords are just using their name or maybe they always have the same name? If you're trying to argue that the current Elemental Lords are "imposters" who sealed away the "real" Elemental Lords, then there are a few points that need to be addressed:

These imposters clearly have the power to back up their status. The "imposter" Fire Lord burned an entire village, which led to Rubia becoming disillusioned and the "imposter" Iseria froze Judia with a curse that couldn't be removed. If they're imposters they're pretty strong ones.

If you're claiming that these imposters sealed the "real" ones after the Spirit War, then how exactly did they accomplish this without anyone knowing? I mean, I'm pretty sure that the real ones would have out up a noticeable fight.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-03-10 at 21:06.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap