Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-03, 21:54   Link #1761
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Oh god, I don't know who made this but it's perfect.

Gahahahaha~!!!

Man these are the times I still wanted the rep system up.

+1
Old 2013-03-04, 07:22   Link #1762
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm sure that I'm beating a dead horse and just replaying a tune that's been heard a thousand times before.

But why does it feel like the only thing in DmC that really represents DMC is One Ok Rock's song in the promotional video? Or at least it's the only thing about the whole game that feels like it truly represented rebellion. Not only from the so called corporations, but even from social norms every single notion of acceptability such as the determination of what is cool? I think that was what made DMC so awesome. DMC was never about fitting in to what the crowd thought was cool. It defined cool.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 17:01   Link #1763
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I think that was what made DMC so awesome. DMC was never about fitting in to what the crowd thought was cool. It defined cool.
To Capcom it's merely forking in new customers by any means because they don't regard the series as anything else than a business model. In DMC4 they already showed what they're striving for. They included bishies and a self-insert for girls named Kyrie to attract fangirls. They didn't finish the game and put it on the market too early and there was a noticable increase in sales because of previous mentioned reasons. They wanted to take it a step further by dragging our Edward Cullen/Tameem's self-insert into the story and "westernizing" the game. Old fans couldn't relate or appreciate Tameem in the game so it flopped despite Tameem's claim that Dante's not "cool" enough.

They should just give responsiblity of developing future sequels of the series to Platinum games because the longer this franchise stays in their hands, the more I fear what might happen to the whole thing.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lummie; 2013-03-04 at 17:17.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 17:08   Link #1764
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Platinum and Capcom didn't exactly leave on good terms...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 17:25   Link #1765
Lummie

I was merely stating a desire , I'm aware about the relationship between the two but seeing how Capcom adjusted their schedule to releasing Skyrim-esque games (Dragon's dogma, Deep Down) they might bring it under the wings of another studio.

If you consider the results Platinum booked with Revengance, it could lead to a comprise between the two because Ninja Theory was clearly a wrong choice since they had to sent over the whole develop team to fix the game and had to adjust their forecast 3 times. Hideki himself stated on twitter that he would make another DMC if the fans wanted to and Capcom consented so at least the man himself is willing to do it might the chance present itself.
Old 2013-03-04, 19:40   Link #1766
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The thing that most fans wanted was a sequel to DMC2 since it we dunno if that is Dante in the ending or just Trish in her motorbike or just a vehicle sound and nearly all original DMC endings are open ended.

This DmC ended with a post apocalyptic world where Donte will defend humans from invading demons while Vorgil gone emo as well is the new king of hell.
Old 2013-03-04, 20:58   Link #1767
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If Kamiya took up DMC, I wanna see his version of DMC2
Old 2013-03-04, 21:13   Link #1768
Used Can

I think a reboot would have been good if it was done to fix the plot-related problem of the series, whilst keeping the characters as they were, the atmosphere, and the gimmicks. I think the same storyline (as in, the same base idea) could have been used, but fixed an tweaked. For example, in terms of story telling, the only good elements were DMC and DMC3. DMC2 was horrible, and DMC4 was too bland. Not to mention the inconsistent characterisation. In DMC2 Dante was too serious, whereas in DMC4 he was too goofy.

Dante worked really well in DMC and DMC3, because he had this rebellious air to him, whilst not feeling anti-social or trying to hard to be hardcore. He was also a trickster, who pulled cool (yet sometimes corny) one-liners and had some charisma. Despite that, he could get serious when required and even angry. He also had a established set of objectives and morals. I think a reboot would have been great had they kept all that, and discarding completely his DMC2 seriousness and the extreme goofiness from DMC4.

They could even have made a game fully focused on Sparda's rebellion, him leaving the demon world, and then having as an epilogue him marrying, things going wrong when Mundus sent his demons to kill him and his family, and finally the ending has Dante and Vergil getting separated. They could have made another game starting from the days in which Dante went as Tony Redgrave, then cover DMC3, followed by the events of DMC1, but of course all remade to have decent levels of writing and an overarching plot. Of course, adding new challenges in terms of gameplay, plus new combos, weapons and other things to make the gameplay even more cool.

For the next games, they could have come up with something that was part of the overarching plot I mentioned previously and that felt in-line with the previous games, which is something DMC2 and DMC4 failed horribly at. Hell, one of the MCs in DMC4 is a plot-hole. So, that could have been fixed in a reboot with a grand storyline planned from the start.

I think that would have been the best course of action to keep this franchise alive, and even to kick it up a notch.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:02   Link #1769
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Rueben Langdon + P* + Capcom not being a dick = 1 awesome Devil May Cry game
Old 2013-03-04, 23:09   Link #1770
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I don't think Capcom would do it. Well, with the people making decisions nowadays being in charge. I would love to see it happen though. One can only wonder how things are gonna get at Capcom if Lost Planet 3 fails.
Old 2013-03-05, 11:39   Link #1771
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

"It’s been just shy of two months since DmC was released in what’s shaping up to be one of the best years to date for video games, yet it remains a strong contender for game of the year. " HardcoreGamer.com

Man the internet sometimes scares me.

Sad thing is that Kamiya would have liked to make Devil May Cry 2 but Capcom didn't tell Kamiya about it and instead placed Hideaki Itsuno as its director. I can see why Kamiya left Capcom. Meanwhile, Itsuno stayed to work in the following Devil May Cry games.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 11:46   Link #1772
demino_hellsin
That one guy

amd he just got sick of it.
Old 2013-03-05, 13:39   Link #1773
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
amd he just got sick of it.
When they get sick of something, it's not a good sign. Just watch what happened when Capcom got sick of Megaman and reduced it to this on on it's 25th Anniversary just recently.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Just read the comments/dislikes in the vid and that alone should say enough. It's exactly what I'm fearing that might happen to DMC if Capcom doesn't get their shit together.
Old 2013-03-05, 13:50   Link #1774
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

http://egamer.co.za/2013/03/to-all-y...may-cry-sales/

Found this on gamefaqs. Nothing new in terms of content but still happy to see some sanity in gaming media concerning DmC failing.
Old 2013-03-05, 19:25   Link #1775
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Capcom in the later years is just proving themselves as another company sinking, their new games today look like copy paste from other games we've already seen, besides the other Japanese guys that work for Capcom Seth Killian left and knows it's a sinking ship, they'll just squeeze everything out as much as they can.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:04   Link #1776
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

"Capcom’s recent reboot of Devil May Cry is easily one of the best reimaginings in recent memory. Ninja Theory set the standard for how to reinvigorate a series, while still retaining what made the original great." ztgd.com

-_- This isn't funny anymore. Can't tell if joking or trolling like Kamiya's twitter. I mean, what the heck is going on with these writers guy?

"This is easily Capcom’s best franchise revitalization to date."

I disagree.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:10   Link #1777
demino_hellsin
That one guy

remember when I said that the original Dante wasn't about fitting in with what's cool? DmC Dante fits in with the idea of pop culture as cool. Sex, booze, no care for paying child support, smoking and drinking till his lungs and liver cave in despite the demon blood bolstering his health. Yeah... these writers really think those types are cool. 'Cuz y'know. He's finally starting to go the Kratos route...
Old 2013-03-05, 20:31   Link #1778
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^And we only need one Kratos.

The original Dante had a character of his own. This new Donte even gets hurt when hurting himself unlike the DMC1,3,4 he gets stabbed, caught in explosions and shot at multiple times he just rubs it off not shout like a cry baby. That is not cool.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:42   Link #1779
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I liked Kratos in God of War 1 but in the next game the Hulk felt more complex that him as it was "Revenge! Rage! Kill everybody!" It later turns out that Kratos is responsible for all the fights.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:59   Link #1780
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Speaking of that Kratos altered the future. Also if you look at GOWIII ending it's similar to DmC ending where the world is in chaos. =_= wow so original they say.