Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-28, 17:33   Link #321
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
That's just sexist! they should warn those blood thristy fangurls to stay away from "little boy's" too

:P
It could be sexist if my old teacher watched it. Yes, my teacher was Mary Kay Letourneau. She was really popular with the guys. Why didn't she pick me. What a babe :P
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 23:03   Link #322
Sokar

What does vampire bites do anyways? Do they turn you into a vampire or into a mindless zombie/servant? All my knowledge about vampires come from Buffy, where if a vampire don't sire the victim (make vamp's victim drink vamp blood)then the victim won't become a vampire. Buffy isn't exactly a good source. I wonder what's the official info, if there is official info.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 23:19   Link #323
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
What does vampire bites do anyways? Do they turn you into a vampire or into a mindless zombie/servant? All my knowledge about vampires come from Buffy, where if a vampire don't sire the victim (make vamp's victim drink vamp blood)then the victim won't become a vampire. Buffy isn't exactly a good source. I wonder what's the official info, if there is official info.
A bite will cause the victim to become a vampire or do the bidding of the vampire.

Traditionally, it's accepted that a vampire can only make two more vampires a century (keeps the population in check). A bite can also cause the victim to become nuts.

How a bite can become infectious is basically like any disease. The saliva will mix with the victim's blood and enter the body through the saliva.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 07:47   Link #324
Sokar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
A bite will cause the victim to become a vampire or do the bidding of the vampire.

Traditionally, it's accepted that a vampire can only make two more vampires a century (keeps the population in check). A bite can also cause the victim to become nuts.

How a bite can become infectious is basically like any disease. The saliva will mix with the victim's blood and enter the body through the saliva.
Umm, source please? I just want to make sure it's accurate. Some of the stuff like 2 vamps a century I have never even heard of. Also, which one is it, become vampire or just do the bidding of vamp, as in zombie. It can't be both, can it? Anyone here that read Dracula that can confirm this?

P.S. I can't figure out your last sentence, the saliva will enter the body through the saliva? You mean through the bite?
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 08:34   Link #325
Ialdaboth

There is a good article on the Encyclopedia Mythica, but it's hard to have definite answers about vampires. There have been so many legends, movies and books about vampires, with many differences in the interpretation of their power (often for plot purposes)...
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 09:17   Link #326
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
Umm, source please? I just want to make sure it's accurate. Some of the stuff like 2 vamps a century I have never even heard of. Also, which one is it, become vampire or just do the bidding of vamp, as in zombie. It can't be both, can it? Anyone here that read Dracula that can confirm this?

P.S. I can't figure out your last sentence, the saliva will enter the body through the saliva? You mean through the bite?
Dracular isnt a very good source, since it was based on at least 4 seperate legends, and all mismashed together.

If your really interested in vamps do some research. There's plenty of info on the net, and its always fun to do some research

Besides, its better to find your own answers rather than to be spoon fed them ive always found
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 10:28   Link #327
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Dracular isnt a very good source, since it was based on at least 4 seperate legends, and all mismashed together.

If your really interested in vamps do some research. There's plenty of info on the net, and its always fun to do some research

Besides, its better to find your own answers rather than to be spoon fed them ive always found
I would rather go to a library and start digging among books to do research.
If I use Internet, it's to look up what books I should go digging for, because for facts, the 'net is almost worthless unless you already know a fair bit of what you're researching or are able to find reliable sources...
And reliable sources are few in my experience.
nekodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 11:13   Link #328
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think there are just various legends about vampires with various versions of vampires, not to mention the japanese ACGs like to invent their own ideas of vampires, so I doubt there's an "accurate source" for vampire definition or things like that... \ ̄△ ̄
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 13:37   Link #329
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I generally figured that Western-style vampirism was spread in much the same way as malaria.

I've been wondering whether the term "Shinso vampire" was unique to Tsukihime (and assorted related) (and Negima) or if it's an actual Japanese myth. Googling suggests the former, but I can't read Japanese websites well.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 14:28   Link #330
NekoYousei
-Trichy-

Send a message via AIM to NekoYousei
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I think there are just various legends about vampires with various versions of vampires, not to mention the japanese ACGs like to invent their own ideas of vampires, so I doubt there's an "accurate source" for vampire definition or things like that... \ ̄△ ̄
*agrees, nod nod*
NekoYousei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 02:51   Link #331
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Anyone knows the release date for Tsukuyomi O.S.T.?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 04:48   Link #332
Spuffy
オウカ~

There is no release date for the OST yet. The next to be released is the ED which will have four songs on it. You can find info of the CDs here .
They'll add the OST there as soon as it gets a release date.

Edit: No point in double posting

Ep 5 was really interesting. I've gotten used to the serious-comedy mix by now and it works really well. Chiwa Saitou is really doing a great job voicing Hazuki. I really like the music in this show and I hope the OST will be out in a not too distant future.

Spoiler for Ep 5:

Spoiler for Ep 5 screens:

And since Hazuki showed so many different faces in this ep I couldn't resist making a collage.

Last edited by Spuffy; 2004-11-01 at 18:19.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 23:48   Link #333
LK_LoA

Hadzuki Nekomimi Kokoro mode! XD

http://pichan.anre.org/a/src/1099359326634.jpg

There's an in-joke too but you have to know your seiyuus. ^_^
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 14:59   Link #334
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Spoiler for Ep 5:

Spoiler for Ep 5 screens:

And since Hazuki showed so many different faces in this ep I couldn't resist making a collage.
It seems that the female character will be staying with Kouhei from now on. :lol:

Nice collage, btw. *saves & makes wallpaper for his desktop*

I couldnt stop laughing whenever I watch ep4. The scene where Kouhei's jiichan goes...

Spoiler for ep4's mentioned scene:

for three times was damn hilarious. :lol:
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 15:10   Link #335
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Well, the household situation is beginning to turn out as I presumed. Likely, we will have a harem in the Morioka residence.

Only is needed one more female character to come by.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 15:49   Link #336
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I see two more female characters in the OP.

And by the way, after episode 5, it's official: this is a great anime series. Among all the other things that are good about it, I am now seeing just how good it is visually. Every shot is terrific: angle, colour, composition, mood. The first part of episode 5 is particularly excellent.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 17:40   Link #337
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

FEINDS!!! BRUTES!!!! PHILISTINES!!!! VERA DUCKWORTHS!!!!! (need to understand coronation street to apreciate the last :P)

stop discusing episode 5 when us poor joes in the back havent seen it yet, its not fair!!!! *throws a paddy*
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 19:05   Link #338
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Sorry, mate. Couldn't help meself, could I. I'll try to curb my enthusiasm. Maybe I'll succeed. I thought all I had to do was not spoil anything. But I understand your frustration. It's what I feel about Rozen Maiden, where I can't follow the Japanese, so I'm waiting for the subbed version. But with this series, I just can't seem to wait.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 19:19   Link #339
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Well, the household situation is beginning to turn out as I presumed. Likely, we will have a harem in the Morioka residence.

Only is needed one more female character to come by.
Hey, don't jump to conclusion so fast. There are more surprises to come about Kouhei.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 19:58   Link #340
Foxtratz
Im new? :-)

Send a message via Yahoo to Foxtratz
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Hey, don't jump to conclusion so fast. There are more surprises to come about Kouhei.
Hey could someone tell me what his animie is all about! Im quite interested in it !
Foxtratz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen